Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge (11328 Views)

Caption This Straight Face Of The New Chief Of Defence Intelligence. Photos / Meet The New Chief-Of-Staff, Hamid Ibrahim-Alli / DSS Appoints Mani As New Chief Security Officer For President-elect, Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by ilotriouzAY(m): 9:47am On Aug 21, 2014
All dis pple commenting dat it is now a family inheritance obviously did nt read d entire post...
She was recommended by d NJC
or na fashola dey control NJC now
Smellos
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by CharlesPhc: 9:50am On Aug 21, 2014
FlyboyZee:
I used to think the Registrar of the State's High Court is usually the next in line for the Chief Judge of the State. Mind you the Registrar is usually a highly placed Judge. Someone should correct me if I am wrong, I ain't no legal guy you know? #Winks.

No the Registrar can't be. The Constitution clearly says the 'Most Senior Judge of the High Court' should be next in line...!!!
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by sandilo: 10:10am On Aug 21, 2014
ayusco85:

It has now turn to Family business. Turn. Y turn. U can only find that in APC state undecided

Earlier, presenting the Chief Judge-designate, for the oath of office, Lagos State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Ade Ipaye, said Justice Atilade came strongly recommended by the National Judicial Council (NJC), hence she was enthusiastically appointed by the governor.

Ipaye said her appointment was also reviewed by the state assembly and that she was “found worthy” of the position of the chief judge.

Atilade in her acceptance speech, described herself as” a child of destiny,” adding that her elevation to the apex position of the state judiciary was ordained by God.

“I am a child of destiny, I am a child of the judiciary. This is the day the Lord has made, I would rejoice in it,” she said.
The new chief judge said little did she know that she will succeed her sister when she took up appointment in the state judiciary as there were six other judges, including Justice Bode Rhodes-Vivour now of the Supreme Court, between her and her predecessor, Justice Ayotunde Phillips.

Read the full story from Thisday under the heading Fashola Swears in Atilade as Lagos Chief Judge
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by bankyblue(m): 10:22am On Aug 21, 2014
am happy for their late PARENT. wish some people will learn from this and release our girls!
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by experimentist: 10:35am On Aug 21, 2014
Mtschewwwww! *continues smoking* cry
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Akshow: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2014
englishmart: does it look like you are chatting on 2go?unnecessary yawnings give rise to ebola. So bewarenow shut up if you know likes don't increase your bank accountif these comments are all you had to say, then you've all said nothing!
thunda faayaa ya left blokos for quoting my yawning grin
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by blaksmith: 10:49am On Aug 21, 2014
CharlesPhc:

No the Registrar can't be. The Constitution clearly says the 'Most Senior Judge of the High Court' should be next in line...!!!

The Constitution does not say anything about that. The rules are stated elsewhere. Moreover, the rule of appointing the most senior judge as the CHief Judge is a guiding principle as there have been instances where the most senior judge has been overlooked. Competency and integrity are always taken into significant consideration.

Moreover, the Governor of a state can reject the recommendation of the NJC where the State House of Assembly screens out the candidate recommended
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by blaksmith: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2014
FlyboyZee:
The Registrar, most times is the most senior High Court Judge. Please, check and revert back to me. I may be ignorant though. #lol.

The registrar is never a Judge. The Chief Registrar of the High Court is a senior ranking Magistrate, most often a Chief Magistrate.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by blaksmith: 10:55am On Aug 21, 2014
FlyboyZee:
I used to think the Registrar of the State's High Court is usually the next in line for the Chief Judge of the State. Mind you the Registrar is usually a highly placed Judge. Someone should correct me if I am wrong, I ain't no legal guy you know? #Winks.

The Registrar is a Magistrate not a Judge and can never be next in line to become Chief Judge. The position of a registrar is purely an administrative position where the Magistrate is appointed to focus on administration of the lower staff of the judiciary and procedure as may be advised by the Chief Judge and Admin Judges (usually 2 admin judges). Magistrates, and by default the Registrars and Chief Registrar, are subordinate to all Judges.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by atilla(m): 12:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
sandilo:
The new chief judge said little did she know that she will succeed her sister when she took up appointment in the state judiciary as there were six other judges, including Justice Bode Rhodes-Vivour now of the Supreme Court, between her and her predecessor, Justice Ayotunde Phillips.
[/b]

Eyaaa. She really is a child of destiny. Six other judges moved or retired between then and now.
Congratulations ma
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by englishmart(m): 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
Akshow: thunda faayaa ya left blokos for quoting my yawning grin
hahahahah
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by englishmart(m): 1:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
gboru: fool
see this heinous ignoramus from okeke's anus.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
englishmart: see this heinous ignoramus from okeke's anus.
fool
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
mapet: Bros,
Stop hating..... I hope you're in school or went to one. If not better face your Jamb studies and get a good University Education. Then you can be in a position to be considered for posts. Rather you're hating. Why not direct yourcomplaint to the NJC that recommended to the Governor.......

The hierarchical order as favored in the Legal profession was followed. We all knew she was next in line when her sister was sworn in back then

Sms
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Layolaw(f): 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
And some foolish men are fighting their wives for given birth to baby girl.... Train your child becuase of history. Congrat ma'am
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by anahara(m): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2014
Big congrats 2 d new CJ of Lasgidi
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by anahara(m): 2:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
Last 2 comment,God bless me hahahahahahahaha
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by englishmart(m): 5:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
gboru: fool
this goat no dey tire?
Dorogoat
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
englishmart: this goat no dey tire?
Dorogoat
fooool
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by englishmart(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
gboru: fooool
chairgoat
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
englishmart: chairgoat
. You win #Jobless
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by englishmart(m): 9:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
gboru: . You win #Jobless
you lost. Clueless
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by redsun(m): 11:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hmm! The day the lord has made. Another deluded in charge of man made laws that requires acute common sense,not Jesus or Mohammad.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by temmyo: 8:46am On Aug 22, 2014
my people perish for lack of knowledge. thats what is happening now for all those raising an eyebrow to this. congrats Chief Judge Atilade. when God decides to bless a man it confuses thousands and they comprehend it not!
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by alentyno: 12:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
mapet: Bros,
Stop hating..... I hope you're in school or went to one. If not better face your Jamb studies and get a good University Education. Then you can be in a position to be considered for posts. Rather you're hating. Why not direct yourcomplaint to the NJC that recommended to the Governor.......

The hierarchical order as favored in the Legal profession was followed. We all knew she was next in line when her sister was sworn in back then
Lol
Mr mapet the strangest thing here is that you have been on NL since 2005 yet you don't know who jarus is. Few things are as parallel as jamb & the person you are referring to. An apology won't be bad.
Re: Lagos Appoints New Chief Judge by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
alentyno:
Lol
Mr mapet the strangest thing here is that you have been on NL since 2005 yet you don't know who jarus is. Few things are as parallel as jamb & the person you are referring to. An apology won't be bad.

LOL. Thanks smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ipob Replies Obong Attah : You Are Clueless,remember Philip Effiong / BREAKING: Court Refuses To Stop Adeleke As Osun PDP Gov Candidate / Court Sacks Lagos PDP Chairman Deji Doherty, Reinstates Dominic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.