Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (587234 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by oluwa234: 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2014
Please i would appreciate if guys share their experience with the IELTS viz a viz what challenges they encountered during the exam and what they could have done to get better scores. I AM PARTICULARLY INTERESTED IN THE WRITING SECTION BECAUSE IT APPEARS A LOT OF PEOPLE SCORE LOWER IN THIS AREA. regards.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
oluwa234: Please i would appreciate if guys share their experience with the IELTS viz a viz what challenges they encountered during the exam and what they could have done to get better scores. I AM PARTICULARLY INTERESTED IN THE WRITING SECTION BECAUSE IT APPEARS A LOT OF PEOPLE SCORE LOWER IN THIS AREA. regards.
Oluwa believe me, the listening part was the easiest. I tink I had just one question I didnt answer cos I got distracted. I got an 8.5 in dt section. Just kip calm, listen and answer as u go. The easiest part is the answers are given accordingly, they dnt gv answer to number 5 before number 3. So just take it one step at a time, dnt let your mind wander even for one second. Dont panic too, listen and dnt be too fast to write down your answer cos most times they make corrections eg
Question: She will be free by.......

Person A: So U'l be available by 7pm
Person B: Oh that will be 6pm

For the speaking test, be confident and elaborate on questions asked. You will be given a topic to talk about too. Time will be given to you to tink about d topic. On the comprehension passage, if u jad practiced previously wt past questions, u will get d scope of how quwstions are asked and how to answer.

On the writing part, yes pple tend to score low becos in my own opinion, d time isnt enough to tink and structure youe tots. You will be writing twondifferent tins and d first one is more of an interpretation of a graph, chart, map etc. In all, just kip calm, tink well, concentrate, dnt panic and u'll be fine. All d best

19 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kuchikau: 11:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
WhyNa:
Oluwa believe me, the listening part was the easiest. I tink I had just one question I didnt answer cos I got distracted. I got an 8.5 in dt section. Just kip calm, listen and answer as u go. The easiest part is the answers are given accordingly, they dnt gv answer to number 5 before number 3. So just take it one step at a time, dnt let your mind wander even for one second. Dont panic too, listen and dnt be too fast to write down your answer cos most times they make corrections eg
Question: She will be free by.......

Person A: So U'l be available by 7pm
Person B: Oh that will be 6pm

For the speaking test, be confident and elaborate on questions asked. You will be given a topic to talk about too. Time will be given to you to tink about d topic. On the comprehension passage, if u jad practiced previously wt past questions, u will get d scope of how quwstions are asked and how to answer.

On the writing part, yes pple tend to score low becos in my own opinion, d time isnt enough to tink and structure youe tots. You will be writing twondifferent tins and d first one is more of an interpretation of a graph, chart, map etc. In all, just kip calm, tink well, concentrate, dnt panic and u'll be fine. All d best
...gudday mr whyna...does common wealth require english language test?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 2:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
kuchikau: ...gudday mr whyna...does common wealth require english language test?

I'm sorry but I dont know. You could check there website and click on the link that says admission requirement. Are you talking about the commonwealth scholarship?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by presiade(m): 4:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
Yes, both Chevening and Commonwealth scholarships require test of English language proficiency.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Mickyboiz: 6:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
HOW MANY YEARS is IELTS RESULT
VALIDITY ?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 11:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
2 years
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Emeca: 9:55pm On Oct 17, 2014
WhyNa:
2 years

i believe the 'first language' in the application form is same as native language.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
Yes it is
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by drharry: 12:29am On Nov 06, 2014
Listening....8.5
Reading....9
Writing....7
Speaking... 7.5

Thks guys for your tips

14 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 6:50am On Nov 06, 2014
drharry:
Listening....8.5
Reading....9
Writing....7
Speaking... 7.5

Thks guys for your tips

Wow that was a blast! What's your band score? 9 in reading? Hmmmm

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kuchikau: 11:58pm On Nov 11, 2014
WhyNa:

Wow that was a blast! What's your band score and which axhool are ypu applying to?
.....hw much for reg.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kuchikau: 12:31am On Nov 12, 2014
Inufele1:

For those looking for study materials on IELTS and other exams, send a blank email to "selfstudy360@gmail.com" you will get an instant auto-reply
..no reply yet o..pls its urgent
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 8:05am On Nov 12, 2014
kuchikau:
.....hw much for reg.
35k if you pay online. 37k via bank draft
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ElDeeVee(m): 12:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
Pls i nid info on IELTS...is dre a centre in Ibadan?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by presiade(m): 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
ElDeeVee:
Yes. Check on British council's website.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 5:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
ElDeeVee:

Yes there is. Follow this link https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckAvailability.aspx
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 23, 2014
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by honeyad(m): 9:27am On Nov 23, 2014
timyoghurt:

whyna a beg ooooo I want to register for my ielts and pay online. please what's my card security code and what does it mean?

There are three digits at the back of your card... That's the security code...also known as c.v.v

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 12:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
timyoghurt:

whyna a beg ooooo I want to register for my ielts and pay online. please what's my card security code and what does it mean?

You have to take your atm card to the bank and tell them to help you register for online payment. They will do it for you and tell you the code. I cant remember but the code is usually the last 3 digits on the back of your atm card. Then don't forget the password you will use to register.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
honeyad:

There are three digits at the back of your card... That's the security code...also known as c.v.v

Didn't even see this. You still need to go to the bank to activate your card cps the passwors for onlone transaction will be required
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 12:27pm On Nov 23, 2014
honeyad:

Didn't even see this. You still need to go to the bank to activate your card cos the password for online transaction will be required
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ElDeeVee(m): 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
Pls guys i nid materials on IELTS
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 27, 2014
ยก!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 10:58am On Nov 27, 2014
timyoghurt:

whyna,
please can I have your digits, or your email add or better still your pin. my email is teame22@yahoo.com
thanks in advance.

Check your mail
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cjeriia: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2014
Picked up ma IELTS result yesterday. Not really impressed with it, Listening 8.0, Reading 5.0, Writing 7.0 & Speaking 7.5. Total Band 7.0 Tho am good 2 go for study in Finland but I still can't comprehend hw I managed 2 make a low band in reading considering d fact dat I neva scored anytin below 7 in all my practice tests. Advice 2 those intending 2 write IELTS, its easy, just be calm and focused. Above all, express urself freely

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
cjeriia:
Picked up ma IELTS result yesterday. Not really impressed with it, Listening 8.0, Reading 5.0, Writing 7.0 & Speaking 7.5. Total Band 7.0 Tho am good 2 go for study in Finland but I still can't comprehend hw I managed 2 make a low band in reading considering d fact dat I neva scored anytin below 7 in all my practice tests. Advice 2 those intending 2 write IELTS, its easy, just be calm and focused. Above express urself freely

Congrats and good advice cjerria. Don't be mad at yourself, people score below 6.0 sef. I was also aiming for 8.0 but ended up with 7.5 cos in writing I got 6.5 whereas I got 8.5 in listening, 7.5 in speaking and 7.0 in reading. Congrats once again.

timyoghurt check your mail again

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Wisepac: 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2014
pls whyna, I need ielts study material
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 27, 2014

4 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 7:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
timyoghurt sup?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Mickyboiz: 6:29am On Dec 01, 2014
@whyna cn i upload some past questions questions here, is it possible ?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 6:32am On Dec 01, 2014
Mickyboiz:
@whyna cn i upload some past questions questions here, is it possible ?

If you wanna help people why not? If you're asking how to do it, sorey I don't know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.