Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,705 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (587215 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Giov: 5:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
olamonsor2:
I need help pls, I registered and paid for my IELTS Online sept 16 and today 26 sept, i got message from First bank that 40k as been credited into my account . i check my status online, still saying Processing.. Pls what can i do?
im really becoming skeptical about registering this stuff online. I think i will consider the manual approach.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by olamonsor2: 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2015
Giov:
im really becoming skeptical about registering this stuff online. I think i will consider the manual approach.

Can I get the manual processing done at there lagos office? Since I am going towards that side on Monday.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by toxean(m): 1:52am On Sep 27, 2015
Giov:
For those of you who wrote exams recently how was it generally. Were the practice materials u used worthywhile? please share experiences please

it wasn't bad sha ... all went according to plan. jux praying for the best..
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 5:51am On Sep 27, 2015
olamonsor2:

Can I get the manual processing done at there lagos office? Since I am going towards that side on Monday.

When I tell people to shun the online stuff and do it manually, they look at me like some kind of person who doesn't know anything

Now for the sake of the newbies, please forget this online stuff. It's cheaper yes but WHAT IF you aren't soo lucky? The anxiety of writing IELTS is enough, so y would you want to add the payment procedure? Besides, British council doesn't pick calls or reply mails on time so y put yourself through all that.

If you can go to the bank and make a bank draft and take to their office, please do. It will save you a lot of things.

If you still wanna pay online, good. You may be lucky

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Giov: 8:14am On Sep 27, 2015
WhyNa:

When I tell people to shun the online stuff and do it manually, they look at me like some kind of person who doesn't know anything

Now for the sake of the newbies, please forget this online stuff. It's cheaper yes but WHAT IF you aren't soo lucky? The anxiety of writing IELTS is enough, so y would you want to add the payment procedure? Besides, British council doesn't pick calls or reply mails on time so y put yourself through all that.

If you can go to the bank and make a bank draft and take to their office, please do. It will save you a lot of things.

If you still wanna pay online, good. You may be lucky
please can you please help us with how to go about that manual approach again?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ceemac: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
hadassaheke:

hi pls i need it too hadassaheke8@gmail.com. Tnx

I can also see you are trending on German thread, I will be going for Masters Winter Semester 2016.., If you don't mind, we could work together since we are aiming same direction
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by olamonsor2: 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
@ whyna, I will pay via bank draft and do I need to register afresh or use the previous registration? Many thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 1:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
Giov:
please can you please help us with how to go about that manual approach again?

It's quite easy. If you are paying through your account, just go to your bank, make sure you have the stipulated amount of money in your account and about 500 or so extra which is for bank charges. Ask them to make a bank draft in the name of British Council. Finito. You wait for about 20 mins depending on the bank and collect the draft

Next, you have to make sure that draft gets to British Council within 2 working days.

Please note that you should have filled in your data and uploaded a copy of your passport online. Print it out cos they might ask for it.

That's how I and many others did ours. If anyone has any inputs on the latest requirement, pls add for the benefit of these ones. I'm however very sure of the bank aspect. If you want to take cash to another bank, the bank charge is usually higher...maybe 100-200 naira difference. Good luck

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 2:05pm On Sep 27, 2015
olamonsor2:
@ whyna, I will pay via bank draft and do I need to register afresh or use the previous registration? Many thanks.

Nope. Just print out the payment page and your detail page
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by olamonsor2: 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2015
WhyNa:

Nope. Just print out the payment page and your detail page

Many thanks brother. Who will i address the bank draft to.. I no won do mistake lol
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by hadassaheke(f): 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
ceemac:

I can also see you are trending on German thread, I will be going for Masters Winter Semester 2016.., If you don't mind, we could work together since we are aiming same direction..

My email is ogbomone@gmail.com
okay bro, no problem!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2015
olamonsor2:

Many thanks brother. Who will i address the bank draft to.. I no won do mistake lol

To British Council
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by olamonsor2: 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
WhyNa:

To British Council
Many thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Raul08: 6:52pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hi everyone. Is there anyone on this thread that sat for the IELTS test on Sat. 12th September?

I did same and tried checking my results online, as per 13 days after the test. My result is still unfound.

Has anyone successfully checked his/hers?

Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Raul08: 7:36pm On Sep 28, 2015
Sequel to my earlier post, I just found a preview copy of my result.

Best regards.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 10:45pm On Sep 28, 2015
Raul08:
Sequel to my earlier post, I just found a preview copy of my result.

Best regards.

Share with us na haba cheesy

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Raul08: 11:28am On Sep 29, 2015
WhyNa:

Share with us na haba cheesy

I had a 6.5 average oo!

Listening = 7.0
W, R, S = 6.0

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by sahihi: 1:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
Hello guys! I have learnt a lot from this thread! Thanks a lot Whyna and the rest Nairalanders that keep this thread active! please help me with relevant materials. My email: tokky2035@gmail.com.

Thank you all!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ceemac: 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
i registered online and the cash was deducted, please just want to know how many days the 'processing' will take to be confirmed...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
Raul08:

I had a 6.5 average oo!
Listening = 7.0 W, R, S = 6.0
Aii. You're good to go. All the best

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Neelzar(f): 8:48am On Sep 30, 2015
Hi everyone,

Thank you to all the posters on this thread. You may not know this, but you are helping a lot of people out there. I will be writing IELTS in October. Please kindly send study materials and past questions to my e-mail. neelzar@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by theoophilic: 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
House, please, I really need your help o. I will be sitting for IELTS next month and I have no material to prepare with. Someone please help! Help send Soft copies to pocketfriendly01@gmail.com ... I don't mind making photocopies of any relevant books too ...we can always find a way to re send that irrespective of distance.

Abeg, help oo... no let 40k waste
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Optimisticgondy(m): 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
theoophilic:
House, please, I really need your help o. I will be sitting for IELTS next month and I have no material to prepare with. Someone please help! Help send Soft copies to pocketfriendly01@gmail.com ... I don't mind making photocopies of any relevant books too ...we can always find a way to re send that irrespective of distance.

Abeg, help oo... no let 40k waste

www.ieltsbuddy.com

You can also download here: https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B9RmSKBbGCaqbmRPQnlneFdvTWc
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by paulsir: 9:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
PLZ HOUSE,I WROTE EXAMS ON 12TH IN IBADAN EXPECTING RESULTS TO BE OUT SINCE 26TH BUT GOT NOTHING.I HVAE MAILED THEM BUT GOT BOUNCED,CALLED THEIR MOBILE,IT WAS SWITCHED OFF AND THEIR LAND LINE WAS ON MACHINE ALWAYS.ANY ADVICE PLZ?

A GUY I KNEW THAT HAD HIS A WEEK EARLIER GOT A CALL FROM THEIR COURIER BUT LATER GOT IT AT A PRIVATE COURIER COMPANY IN IBADAN BUT MINE I DIFF,I DIDNT GET A CALL LET ALONE GETTING RESULTS.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Giov: 5:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
I thank God for giving Whyna the inspiration to create this group. This is actually one way the youths can use IT to better each others lives. I successfully registered for my online Ielts exams today for 31st of October test date. The online tin works u jst av to knw how to go about it. I registered with GTB master Card. Buh I av a question to ask. Iv been sent the confirmation mail stating that I av entered into contract with them. I have printed my application form and online reciept. Please what's the next step I'm supposed to take. Please guys help a bro.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
Giov:
I thank God for giving Whyna the inspiration to create this group. This is actually one way the youths can use IT to better each others lives. I successfully registered for my online Ielts exams today for 31st of October test date. The online tin works u jst av to knw how to go about it. I registered with GTB master Card. Buh I av a question to ask. Iv been sent the confirmation mail stating that I av entered into contract with them. I have printed my application form and online reciept. Please what's the next step I'm supposed to take. Please guys help a bro.

Nothing I guess (Forgive my "guess" word. I'm forgetting some things) You just have to wait till you get the confirmatory mail from them. Checking my mail now, I received the confirmatory mail from them on the 7th for an exam that was scheduled for 16th. So I guess it's safe to relax for now

Thanks for the compliment. I was also helped by someone and that's the least I can do
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by geniusss: 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
Hello everyone! I hope this thread isn't too Late for me to share for some folks who are writing IELTS test.
I wrote mine July 23rd, 2015 at ibadan centre (mauve 21) and to tell you what, IELTS seems way easier than GRE,GMAT and TOEFL if you can dedicate at least 2weeks practice to prepare. I have a link I can share about free ebooks on Cambridge IELTS volume 1 to 9(they are each worth 1gb. In size so prepare to have enough mb for downloads or u select from volume 7 to 9 like I did). Should you be interested, you can email me at contactchyma@yahoo.com and I'd send a link where you can download it with no fees attached. Goodluck to prospective test takers.
BTW: my 2 weeks set aside for study and focus without working was worth it

im interested pls..
adekoyababajide1@gmail.com..
tks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Giov: 10:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
WhyNa:

Nothing I guess (Forgive my "guess" word. I'm forgetting some things) You just have to wait till you get the confirmatory mail from them. Checking my mail now, I received the confirmatory mail from them on the 7th for an exam that was scheduled for 16th. So I guess it's safe to relax for now

Thanks for the compliment. I was also helped by someone and that's the least I can do
iv received my confirmation mail. Infact iv since been allowed access into dia road to IELts and other benefits. All I'm asking is dat is dia anyoda tin I'm supposed to do like mayb going to dia office or submitting anyoda document in dia office b4 the exam?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by honourableseyi: 12:27am On Oct 08, 2015
Giov:
iv received my confirmation mail. Infact iv since been allowed access into dia road to IELts and other benefits. All I'm asking is dat is dia anyoda tin I'm supposed to do like mayb going to dia office or submitting anyoda document in dia office b4 the exam?

Once it is online, capital NO. You are good to go
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 6:17am On Oct 08, 2015
Giov:

Oh ok. Nah that's all. A week to the exam, you'll just receive another mail from them which you are to print and take along with you on the day of the exam

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by coolwisdom(m): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2015
geniusss:

im interested pls.. adekoyababajide1@gmail.com.. tks
am interested please my email is makingm3@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.