Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (588768 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by wunmi38: 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2015
good day all
I spoke to a friend of mine on the issue of relation to Canada so I was told I need to write the IELTS first and going thru dis trend I am glad its a functional thread and because of my believe in nairalanders I am submitting myself for complete guide on how I will should go about it. I need tutorials on how the test looks like or what am expected to meet at the test venue.
wunmi38@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by wunmi38: 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2015
ericodegreat:

Please send m d ielts material u used. Its urgent pls
My mail is ericchujor@gmail.com
Thanks
am also interested in the magic wunmi38@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Growingboi(m): 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
just checked my result of 26th Sept. online (Academic) R=W=S=L= 6 OV = 6.

Am just asking myself how come? I didnt prepare cox i dont need it again. I was expecting 4.5 to 5 overall cox i performed poorly on them except listening which i expected 6.

Am a bit confuse now cox i need 6 in d master's programme which i later changed my mind for professional training that is y i didnt prepare. Now dat it came so easy. Master or Training? confusion sets in.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Giov: 8:31am On Oct 10, 2015
wunmi38:
good day all
I spoke to a friend of mine on the issue of relation to Canada so I was told I need to write the IELTS first and going thru dis trend I am glad its a functional thread and because of my believe in nairalanders I am submitting myself for complete guide on how I will should go about it. I need tutorials on how the test looks like or what am expected to meet at the test venue.
wunmi38@gmail.com
Start from page one of this thread, all ur questions av already been answered. its jst about 15 pages u av to read. so help urslf.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Eleganza33(f): 7:08am On Oct 13, 2015
pls i want to take test d soon can sum1 gimme clue pls also am so worried bc am having sum ear problm in case of audio questioning nd i dnt use aid,pls wat can b done 4 a disabled
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by naijadocs: 3:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
To do well in IELTS you dont only need good preparation, but also good materials. To ensure you get at least 7.5 and more in all bands you need to practise with the right materials. For more information on the materials which include videos, text books audios and work books contact naijadocsconsulting@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
Eleganza33:
pls i want to take test d soon can sum1 gimme clue pls also am so worried bc am having sum ear problm in case of audio questioning nd i dnt use aid,pls wat can b done 4 a disabled

I'm not sure but I think there's a space provided for that while filling the form. If there is none, then you need to write or call them for proper guidance
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Growingboi(m): 7:06am On Oct 16, 2015
There is a section you need to fill while filling the application form called 'Special needs' You can call/mail them for more info.

Eleganza33:
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Giov: 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2015
This road to ielts doesnt evn contain much btw. iv seen virtually all the videos in it on youtube. It really doesnt contain much. Btw please my exam is on the 31st buh they havent contacted me for speaking test which I heard is usually done a week b4 the written test. i hope i can still be calm?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ceemac: 7:45am On Oct 21, 2015
hadassaheke:

okay bro, no problem!

@Hadassaheke... I sent you a pm... Do well to reply...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by hadassaheke(f): 8:08am On Oct 21, 2015
ceemac:

@Hadassaheke... I sent you a pm... Do well to reply...
PM replied, morning e-fam!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Staind(m): 11:32am On Oct 21, 2015
Hi everyone! Just wondering, but have the results of the exam conducted on the 8th of October been released? If it has, can u give me hints as to how to view it? thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Staind(m): 12:06pm On Oct 21, 2015
Hello everyone, just checked my result... L=8.5, R=7, W=6.5, S=8.5. Overall band= 7.5. Just exactly as i had hoped.

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Giov: 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2015
Staind:
Hello everyone, just checked my result... L=8.5, R=7, W=6.5, S=8.5. Overall band= 7.5. Just exactly as i had hoped.
wow! Great result, buh ur Writing appered to be d lowest, though still owk. Wah happened? How long did it take u to prepare for the exam? Wen did u write ur exams and were u called for speaking test b4 or after the other exams? Congrats again.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by SomebodyLovesMe: 3:53am On Oct 22, 2015
Giov:
This road to ielts doesnt evn contain much btw. iv seen virtually all the videos in it on youtube. It really doesnt contain much. Btw please my exam is on the 31st buh they havent contacted me for speaking test which I heard is usually done a week b4 the written test. i hope i can still be calm?

Don't panic, you should get an email 7 - 10 days before the written test.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Giov: 6:38pm On Oct 22, 2015
SomebodyLovesMe:

Don't panic, you should get an email 7 - 10 days before the written test.
Thanks indeed @somebodylovesme. Although i mailed them lastnight and so this evening they sent me the notification message of my speaking test which holds on the 29th at 10. 20am at ikoyi while my speaking test holds on saturday by 9a,m at Agidingbi, Ikeja. The instruction for saturday is that we should arrive 30mins b4 the test. what i dont know is if the environmental sanitation would affect the time since its the last saturday of the month.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by bukyne: 9:55am On Oct 23, 2015
I'm also writing on the 31st, and my speaking test is on the 29th this month. I just hope the environmental sanitation will not be an hindrance. Goodluck to all prospective test takers.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by WhyNa: 10:09am On Oct 25, 2015
Sanitation doesn't affect it. Mine was also on a last Saturday's
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Neelzar(f): 11:14pm On Oct 26, 2015
Hi everyone,

I paid for IELTS using my mastercard and I have recieved my confirmation e-mail from them. Do I still need to go to the British council at Ikoyi for anything?

Please reply
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Growingboi(m): 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2015
you dont need to. u only go there if u paid via bank draft to submit a copy n passport data page.

Neelzar:

Hi everyone,

I paid for IELTS using my mastercard and I have recieved my confirmation e-mail from them. Do I still need to go to the British council at Ikoyi for anything?

Please reply
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cyrielo(m): 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2015
Hello everyone, please i just registered for the ielts exam November batch, i clicked on pay later because i was not with my card , but now i'm ready to pay with my master card i can't see any link that says 'pay now' in the candidate area, can anyone help me out here?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by SomebodyLovesMe: 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2015
cyrielo:
Hello everyone, please i just registered for the ielts exam November batch, i clicked on pay later because i was not with my card , but now i'm ready to pay with my master card i can't see any link that says 'pay now' in the candidate area, can anyone help me out here?

You only have one opportunity to pay online, and it has to be at the initial point of registering. Once you choose to "pay later", you can't go back to pay online. You'll need to pay by bank draft. But don't worry, paying by bank draft is a straightforward process.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by cyrielo(m): 12:03am On Oct 31, 2015
^^^ Thanks for the update, i just realized now
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Wadosky(m): 9:09am On Oct 31, 2015
Listening. 6.5
Speaking 6.5
Reading. 7.0
Writing. 7.0
Overall. 7.0
Disappointed cry
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by greenbackboogie(m): 11:27am On Nov 05, 2015
WhyNa:
Sanitation doesn't affect it. Mine was also on a last Saturday's
You had better find your way to your centre as early as possible before the sanitation exercise officially starts. British Council no dey for that excuse if not they won't have made last Saturday of the month an available date.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by greenbackboogie(m): 11:36am On Nov 05, 2015
Wadosky:
Listening. 6.5
Speaking 6.5
Reading. 7.0
Writing. 7.0
Overall. 7.0
Disappointed cry
I wonder the kind of score this guy dey expect. If you know how many people wish had your score, u wl Change that smiley u put
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by greenbackboogie(m): 11:49am On Nov 05, 2015
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Wadosky(m): 11:53am On Nov 05, 2015
greenbackboogie:

I wonder the kind of score this guy dey expect. If you know how many people wish had your score, u wl Change that smiley u put
I need at least 7.0 in all
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by greenbackboogie(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2015
Wadosky:

I need at least 7.0 in all
Na which Kain school you wan go wey give u such conditions? It's either you write ielts again or you can Find another school that would appreciate that score
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Wadosky(m): 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
greenbackboogie:

Na which Kain school you wan go wey give u such conditions? It's either you write ielts again or you can Find another school that would appreciate that score
hmmmm must not be school ok
it could be for immigration.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 05, 2015
Good day every one, please I need some clarifications regarding this ielts.

Consudering the 2 modes of payment,

1. if I pay with my atm card, will I need to take any doc to the british council prior to the date of writing the exams ?

2. If I pay via bank draft, will I be required to physically visit the british council prior to the date of writing the exams ?

Am asking these questions cos I have a very busy schedule and I will prefer to go with the option that will not take much of my time.

Many thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by greenbackboogie(m): 1:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
Wadosky:

hmmmm must not be school ok
it could be for immigration.
Oga leave that thing

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.