Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,212 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:43 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (583588 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Yinkaolu(m): 4:52pm On Jan 21, 2018
Results are now out
Login through your portal
I had a 7.5 overall

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kerryiyke(m): 12:25pm On Jan 22, 2018
For payment through bank transfer, it is stated that it should be made through GTB, First bank or Zenith bank. Please can one make a bank transfer through any other bank? i don't have an account with the above mentioned banks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by nanaghano: 5:42am On Jan 23, 2018
Pls what's the time frame for TRF remark ? I am not happy with my writing score. Just saw my results.
LSWR 8.5 8.0 7.0 7.5. Anyone with ideas?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by sudo1986: 6:02pm On Feb 02, 2018
I have checked my result and it was very awful

Listening : 5.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 7.0

Overall: 6.5

Please can I use this for admission?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by MrBigiman: 6:13pm On Feb 02, 2018
sudo1986:
I have checked my result and it was very awful

Listening : 5.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 7.0

Overall: 6.5

Please can I use this for admission?

Very well. But for ur listening, it wast a bad attempt.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mim1031: 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
I checked my result S: 6.5, R: 7.5 L:7.5 W: 7.5 OVERALL 7.5. I need 7 band score in speaking, hence i'm considering a re-mark. does anyone know the cost implication of remarking the test?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by uckennety(m): 9:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
mim1031:
I checked my result S: 6.5, R: 7.5 L:7.5 W: 7.5 OVERALL 7.5. I need 7 band score in speaking, hence i'm considering a re-mark. does anyone know the cost implication of remarking the test?

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by gretmeks: 10:45am On Feb 08, 2018
Please, I have been trying to register on British council's page for 3 days now but it keeps giving an error. Has anyone registered on their website directly of recent.

I really need to now as I do not want to use an agent.

Thank you.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Greenville990: 11:18am On Feb 09, 2018
gretmeks:
Please, I have been trying to register on British council's page for 3 days now but it keeps giving an error. Has anyone registered on their website directly of recent.

I really need to now as I do not want to use an agent.

Thank you.

Yes I did, two weeks ago......don't know if that qualifies as "recent"

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mim1031: 8:34am On Feb 11, 2018
uckennety:

thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by tosland4u(m): 11:19am On Feb 11, 2018
Guys I really commend your efforts and I thank God for the testimonies shared. Please I want to write this exam soon as I have been told to start preparing for it. I would like to know if I can practice all on line and how can I if its possible please.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by gretmeks: 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=Greenville990 post=64915472][/quote]
Well, I tried registering the whole of last week for General training exam in Lagos but same error keeps popping up. I even got someone in the UK to try for me, it was the same.

I called their contact centre that was a whole different ball game . I was no 9 on the queue got to the 2nd in line only to be thrown to the 9th in the queue again. When that happened the 3rd time I gave up. This was after waiting on the phone line for over 16mins.

Please is there a better way to reach them. I already sent a mail.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Olalekan8000: 5:06pm On Feb 13, 2018
hello everyone,
please I paid for next month(march) exam two days after I registered, while I was waiting for confirmation mail, I just received a cancellation mail after I have already paid. any help from the house please.......thanks on adv.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Olalekan8000: 5:29pm On Feb 13, 2018
Lextronggroup:
Hello great guys
Please I registered for IELTS myself and get an email confirmation. I received every details to pay and I complied with it. I saw pay through bank transfer and I transferred the money to their account at standard chartered directly which I received alert. But I have not heard of any confirmation from them. Hope I have not wasted 68k just like that.
Please need your advice great mind
me too
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by CATESTIMONYMIDE(m): 8:41pm On Feb 13, 2018
Please is ielts result for February 1st out? I tried to check it but I didn't found my result......
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Olalekan8000: 11:14pm On Feb 13, 2018
hello house.
please can I get any ielts number btw do they have any branch in Ibadan. I have a small problem with my payment and confirmation and I want to lodge the complaint.
please I need a help.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by uckennety(m): 8:37am On Feb 14, 2018
Olalekan8000:
hello house.
please can I get any ielts number btw do they have any branch in Ibadan. I have a small problem with my payment and confirmation and I want to lodge the complaint.
please I need a help.

After registration you have 5days to make payment

My guess you paid during the last minute and you paid via online banking!

Finally i guess you didn't pay from your own account

Either did you fill in your details properly

Nevertheless go to a nearby btitishcouncil office near you
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Olalekan8000: 2:20pm On Feb 14, 2018
please is there anyone from Lagos who can help me lodge the complaint. am from ife and I just wasted my funds going to Ibadan(test centre). am ready to pay for your stress
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kaybecks: 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2018
I had the same problem and went to their office. I was told the date I was trying to book was already full. So try another date...

gretmeks:

Well, I tried registering the whole of last week for General training exam in Lagos but same error keeps popping up. I even got someone in the UK to try for me, it was the same.

I called their contact centre that was a whole different ball game . I was no 9 on the queue got to the 2nd in line only to be thrown to the 9th in the queue again. When that happened the 3rd time I gave up. This was after waiting on the phone line for over 16mins.

Please is there a better way to reach them. I already sent a mail.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by QuantumK: 5:39am On Feb 16, 2018
Hello Guys. I'm so sad right now. This is my 3rd attempt at ielts and i didnt meet up to expectation and i was so dedicated to it. my result- L8 W8 R6.5 S7. in my first 2 attempts i got 7 in listening and 8 in other modules, Now that i have 8 in listening, reading has messed me up and my score is still 418. Pls im considering a remark. I know its 15k but can i pay cash at the BC office? And has anyone tried remarking reading?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Olalekan8000: 3:41pm On Feb 16, 2018
can you drop you number??
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by gretmeks: 1:47pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hi guys, please who do you say is easier to contact when your test date is cancelled. I made the payment and even scanned evidence. However, I got a mail asking for my payment. Please help me out.

Thank you.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by TCAT: 4:56pm On Feb 20, 2018
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by mozele(m): 12:42am On Feb 21, 2018
WhyNa:

Sidnigga, I hvnt written toefl before bt ielts isnt hard either

pardon me for my ignorance. Please whats the impoetance of these examinations?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by oscoxa214(m): 1:20pm On Feb 21, 2018
Checked MY IELTS results for Feb 1st,
L8. 5,R 7.0,S 7.0,W 6.5,
I had a score band of 7.5...
Pleasant experience... Read on my own within a space of two weeks...

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by bestbynature(m): 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2018
oscoxa214:
L8. 5,R 7.0,S 7.0,W 6.5,

Please is there any test centre in Ibadan (Mauve2 1 event centre)

I got there to submit bank draft and I was told they have moved .

True?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by oscoxa214(m): 6:17pm On Feb 21, 2018
bestbynature:

Please is there any test centre in Ibadan (Mauve2 1 event centre)

I got there to submit bank draft and I was told they have moved .

True?

best is send your bank draft to british council lagos via courier service, no british council office in ibadan, ibadan is only ielts test centre
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 23, 2018
Team Feb 10, Ibadan...13days now...who have seen his or her results
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by EddieAsuzu: 12:40pm On Feb 26, 2018
Dizzy007:
Just saw my result now. LRWS 8.5, 7.5, 7.5, 7.5. Happy to share materials I used.
First and foremost, please bring out time to research and practice, so buy ENOUGH DATA
Everyone on this thread have been so helpful. If you can please read the pages from beginning to end.

This link I got here contains a barrons book prep book and audio. Quite useful.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B05iKVGb4P60cy1ibFVMMF8tRFk

SPEAKING
I watched Jay E2 langugae video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXvQ-_3IZts
This would teach you how to elaborate your answers, most especially in part 2.
Just remain calm, speak clearly, look them straight in the eye and be confident, you'll be fine.
Please NEVER answer "I don't Know". When using examples use "firstly, secondly, for instance, etc.
Google "emma ielts speaking tips". Was helpful too.

LISTENING
Continous practice and practice. I used www.ieltsonlinetests.com
If you can, do all the listening there. Was so difficult in the beginning till I got a grip of it.
Hardly ever scored 8 there but I kept practicing.

READING
I looked at the questions first then went back to the passage to look for the answers.
My strategy was to finish section 1 first, then went to section 3, then back to section 2.
Continous practice and practice would make you perfect this. lots of materials online to practice.
I have enough GT reading which I would happily send. Drop your email

WRITING
Had no strategy at all till I found Jay E2 language youtube channel.
This guy is the best teacher, watched all his videos, most especially types of questions for section 2(Agree/Disagree, Opinion, Discuss both views, etc). His strategy is the best
He explains and gives you time to practice. Videos are quite long but worth it.
Check out his youtube link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmkCsWMWY60&list=PLdawRnR9ilZDZX22EGs9Ru5mOgQDzRVlt
Finally I used a dark 2B pencil to write. People that use pen, I dont know how they do it.
If I used pen, I for dey cancel cancel. I know myself, I always make mistakes.
Also when I remember a new word I just use eraser and rewrite

Finally Pray to God, with all my nervousness, If I can ace this, anybody can.
Cheers.

Am really interested. Please, send me the materials yoĆ¹ used to Edoziey@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kokaiye: 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2018
Pls can you help me with the materials you use? Pls pls pls cry
oscoxa214:
L8. 5,R 7.0,S 7.0,W 6.5,

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (159) (Reply)

2015/2016 Uniport Admission Thread / 2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.