Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand (3223 Views)

Christians And Addiction: 5 Facts About Addiction That You Need To Understand / 10 Classes Of Christians That Make God Weep. / How To Understand Atheists: A Guide For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by frank317: 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2014
PastorOluT:

This doesn't in anyway negate what I said earlier, truth be told there appear to be contradictions in the bible 'cos somethings are lost in history and many assumptions from the writers.

Remember they were writing to a different audience from us, n many of them never even knew their writings will be read by people who never had fore knowledge of some things, thus the assumptions.

if this is true, how is the bible then an infallible word of God?
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 6:19pm On Aug 29, 2014
frank317:

if this is true, how is the bible then an infallible word of God?

What do u call the word of God? Dont generalize my friend
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
frank317:

lol... Solomon, Jedidah and Nathan, how about Frank too or even obinna

Make fun for all I care, the truth remains that this is a possibility. At least I am sincere enough to see the possibilities while u just make fun. THis is very consistent with the scriptures to interchange names, I can point out different places that this kind of things occurred in the scriptures, but that never mean that there is error for the fact that we do not know enough.

But one good thing about the scripture is that enough is revealed that we might believe, so the ones we dont know much about we just believe in faith while some we get to understand as we grow in our relationship with Christ.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

Finally someone is really thinking.
Anyway, you must have been thought in school that "Science is Discovery". Science never assumes it knows until it investigates, documents, tests and verifies again independently. At that point it becomes authoritative proof.

What am i saying and what are u saying, what is the assumption i am talking about? The assumption is that they believe we ought to have known some things and not assuming something that is not to be.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by frank317: 6:44pm On Aug 29, 2014
PastorOluT:

What do u call the word of God? Dont generalize my friend

What I have always know as the word of God is the 'bible', or do u expect me to call it the word of 'God & Man'?
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2014
PastorOluT:

What am i saying and what are u saying, what is the assumption i am talking about? The assumption is that they believe we ought to have known some things and not assuming something that is not to be.

This excuse of "the assumption that we have known some things" doesn't even answer the question on difference between Jesus' 21 ancestors from Solomon in Matt 1 and his 41 ancestors from Nathan in Lk 3.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by frank317: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2014
PastorOluT:

Make fun for all I care, the truth remains that this is a possibility. At least I am sincere enough to see the possibilities while u just make fun. THis is very consistent with the scriptures to interchange names, I can point out different places that this kind of things occurred in the scriptures, but that never mean that there is error for the fact that we do not know enough.

But one good thing about the scripture is that enough is revealed that we might believe, so the ones we dont know much about we just believe in faith while some we get to understand as we grow in our relationship with Christ.

You are one making fun of yourself with dumb assumptions.

You are speaking speaking of possibilities and truth... Chose one my friend.

Ya, the bibled has reveald much to you and the ones you don't know you make funny assumption.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Image123(m): 8:14pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

I've not uttered a word, just written enlightenment to you.
You study too little for a man.
Next time gather enough info before rushing to post what you think might be evidence.

i would not school you in basic sedimentology/stratigraphy or fossil correlation, you can afford to live with the ignorance. On to other areas you might accept help.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Image123(m): 8:20pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

Hahaha. Better look for good excuses.

Matt 1; There are only 26 ancestors to Jesus. From Solomon down, the names are of different individuals.
Lk 3; There are 41 ancestors to Jesus. At every stage the individuals are different from that of Matt 1.

i wonder how this line of thought helps you, it would mostly bring up question 2, then 3 and so forth. It's like beating about the bush.
Anyway, if it helps anyone here sleep better. Matthew records the Christ's paternal lineage while Luke records His maternal lineage.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 8:31pm On Aug 29, 2014
Image123:

i would not school you in basic sedimentology/stratigraphy or fossil correlation, you can afford to live with the ignorance. On to other areas you might accept help.

Very ignorant post.
In a world of the Blind, the One-eyed man is King.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
Image123:

i wonder how this line of thought helps you, it would mostly bring up question 2, then 3 and so forth. It's like beating about the bush.
Anyway, if it helps anyone here sleep better. Matthew records the Christ's paternal lineage while Luke records His maternal lineage.

See how you disgrace yourself everywhere.
So you haven't noticed that both geneologies in Matt 1 and Lk 3 end at Jesus, through JOSEPH, not Mary.
Maybe falsehood helps you sleep better.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Blockus: 8:36pm On Aug 29, 2014
Vinx4Christ: 10 CLASSES WHO FIND THE BIBLE HARD TO UNDERSTAND

1. Those ignorant of its contents
2. Those too lazy to read it
3. Those biased contrary to its true doctrine(John 8:43)

4. Rebels against what it says because they have listened to religious teachers who explain it away.

5. Those uninterested in trying to understand it due to the satanic theory that it is too hard to understand

6. Those too worldly and sinful to believe it because it condemns them

7. Unstable souls who wrest at it to their own destruction (2pet. 3:16)

8. Deceivers who use it to further their own interests (2cor.4:1-4)

9. Those who permit satan to blind and rob them of the truth (Mt 13:19-23)

10. Those who refuse to humble themselves and be converted ( Mt. 18:3)

[b]1 Class this OP can only possibly belong to:: The Deluded.[b]
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Zeus777: 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
malvisguy212: I give you the liberty , go and copy and pest, show me were God contradict himself.

The bible is the word of God, but there are some verses were man opinion are included, moreover english advance, the schoolers pick the right word for the readers to understand.
mtscheeeeeeew
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Vinx4Christ(m): 9:54pm On Aug 29, 2014
Blockus:

[b]1 Class this OP can only possibly belong to:: The Deluded.[b]

the truth just got many atheist on the loose............Repent nad be save Jesus love you
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Jack65: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

So you haven't noticed that both geneologies in Matt 1 and Lk 3 end at Jesus, through JOSEPH, not Mary.
Nice one man, these guys are really not ashamed of themselves. Any reasonable person knows that the bible is full of errors so trying to defend it is just plain stupid. The bible can't be the word of any God. Simple!

1 Like

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Blockus: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
Vinx4Christ:

the truth just got many atheist on the loose............Repent nad be save Jesus love you

You can't tell the truth based on lies hommie.. grin
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Image123(m): 10:48pm On Aug 29, 2014
Liveair:

Disgrace everywhere? Say no more, you talk too much.
One genealogy starts with Jesus and the other ends with Jesus. One genealogy uses the word "son" which broadly is used for descendants both remote and close, in this case son in-law. The other genealogy uses the word "begat" which is not loose but more direct in meaning.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 4:23am On Aug 30, 2014
Image123:

Disgrace everywhere? Say no more, you talk too much.
One genealogy starts with Jesus and the other ends with Jesus. One genealogy uses the word "son" which broadly is used for descendants both remote and close, in this case son in-law. The other genealogy uses the word "begat" which is not loose but more direct in meaning.

The two passages deal with JOSEPH; Jesus' father not Mary. Matt 1 starts with king David while Lk 3 simply ends with him(reverse order), but are both through JOSEPH.

Mattew 1:6 "And Jesse begat David the king...
v 7; and Solomon begat Roboam...
v16; And Jacob begat JOSEPH the husband of Marry, of whom was born Jesus..."

Luke 3:13 "And Jesus himself...the son of JOSEPH which was the son of Heli...
v31; ...Mattatha which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David.

Try to read more before you argue blindly!

1 Like

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2014
frank317:

What I have always know as the word of God is the 'bible', or do u expect me to call it the word of 'God & Man'?

So u see, u don't even know what the word of God is?
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by PastorOluT(m): 7:56am On Aug 30, 2014
frank317:

You are one making fun of yourself with dumb assumptions.

You are speaking speaking of possibilities and truth... Chose one my friend.

Ya, the bibled has reveald much to you and the ones you don't know you make funny assumption.

Smile, possibilities 'cos it never negate the truth, and it is only rational 'cos its very possible and there are similar examples in the word.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:03am On Aug 30, 2014
ProphetUdeme: that a dangerous and angry raging fire awaits u with 2 giant demons assign to toture u due to ur unrepentant heart but God that u despise is desperately in need of u to be saved thats y he sends us the prophets to cry to u to return to Him.. And to show the extent that God loves u is that he punishes us severely if we neglect to give u His love letter which is the gospel
Fvck this kind of silly god!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Image123(m): 11:08am On Aug 30, 2014
Liveair:

The two passages deal with JOSEPH; Jesus' father not Mary. Matt 1 starts with king David while Lk 3 simply ends with him(reverse order), but are both through JOSEPH.

Mattew 1:6 "And Jesse begat David the king...
v 7; and Solomon begat Roboam...
v16; And Jacob begat JOSEPH the husband of Marry, of whom was born Jesus..."

Luke 3:13 "And Jesus himself...the son of JOSEPH which was the son of Heli...
v31; ...Mattatha which was the son of Nathan, which was the son of David.

Try to read more before you argue blindly!

Yeah, and Joseph is Heli's son in law, use that brain God gave you please.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 11:55am On Aug 30, 2014
Image123:

Yeah, and Joseph is Heli's son in law, use that brain God gave you please.

Where is it written that Joseph is Heli's SON-IN-LAW? Is it that you have no comprehension?
If you claim the word [SON] means son-in-law then since same word is used repeatedly in Lk 3, it means Jesus' geneology in Lk is traced through INLAWS.

How silly can this get!
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Image123(m): 12:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
Liveair:

Where is it written that Joseph is Heli's SON-IN-LAW? Is it that you have no comprehension?
If you claim the word [SON] means son-in-law then since same word is used repeatedly in Lk 3, it means Jesus' geneology in Lk is traced through INLAWS.

How silly can this get!

The fact that the same greek word used for son is equally used for remote descendant like son in-law makes it a plausible explanation. Joseph is a son to Mary's father albeit son in law. People that are close use such terms loosely. i can call someone my brother or sister, or father or son, rightly without being biological.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
Image123:

The fact that the same greek word used for son is equally used for remote descendant like son in-law makes it a plausible explanation. Joseph is a son to Mary's father albeit son in law. People that are close use such terms loosely. i can call someone my brother or sister, or father or son, rightly without being biological.

Doing everything, including clutching on to straw just to keep your religion. Just stop spreading wrong info please, let people think for themselves.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Olusanya333(m): 1:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
God Loves the OP

1 Like

Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Image123(m): 9:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
Liveair:

Doing everything, including clutching on to straw just to keep your religion. Just stop spreading wrong info please, let people think for themselves.

i gave you an irrefutable plausible explanation, let it sink.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Liveair: 10:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
Image123:

i gave you an irrefutable plausible explanation, let it sink.

Haha...Irrefutable indeed.
I would've replied if you had a case what replying.
Re: 10 Classes Who Find The Bible Hard To Understand by Image123(m): 12:10am On Aug 31, 2014
Liveair:

Haha...Irrefutable indeed.
I would've replied if you had a case what replying.

Good for us all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience With A Psychotic Religious Woman Today. / A Picture Speaks Louder Than Words / Should Christians Support Anti-christ 'israel'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.