Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,880 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:07 AM

9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School (49642 Views)

Funny Ways Kids Are Taught In Schools(share Your Experience) / 16 Errors That Are Still Taught In Nigerian Schools Today / Lies You Were Told About The University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by LordReed(m): 10:32am On Aug 21, 2014
harrysterol: Na so?? But u sef don add ur own lies o lipsrsealed especially state of matter...basically n scientifically theirs is correct n urs is a lie...urs are base on assumption not yet proven.....according to theorem anything that can not be empirically proven should be discarded.......so urs is discarded at dis point

Educate yourself: http://www.plasmas.org/what-are-plasmas.htm
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:33am On Aug 21, 2014
Guykhena:
Not in 9ja schools......
Ya Head Dey Dia Jor!
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:34am On Aug 21, 2014
holyboss: So I shud go nd sue my teacher for lieing kiss
Lol even me2!

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:36am On Aug 21, 2014
phaphyz05: Space bookers are liable to die young stop space booking
Lmao! E Tin Just Tire Me..
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:37am On Aug 21, 2014
LordCenturion: So,this can make FP..,,.,.seun need to sack this MOD
And Emply You?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 21, 2014
Wow!! Thank God I didn't go to school. #EnlightenedIlliterate
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by platz(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2014
I was thought that earth is spherical not flat thou
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by harrysterol(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2014
LordReed:

Educate yourself: http://www.plasmas.org/what-are-plasmas.htm
u don't get my point.. is it verified to be inducted into the scientific state of matter? That the basic of which prove hold on...internationally accepted induction if not it must be discarded as baseless
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by ayukdaboss(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2014
MadCow1:

YOU MEAN MY EDUCATION WAS ALL A LIE!!! shocked shocked shocked

angry

What Next?!! The Virgin Mary was not really a Virgin?! angry
Dumba must you always quote lengthy threads? undecided
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by vivalavida(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2014
Ceasar1: Lol, White lies. These here are the real lies.

- Your teacher is smarter than you.
Really, how come he's teaching only one subject. grin

-Bullies will have a terrible life after school.
Abegi, I'm a living testimony. grin

- You can be anything you want!
Lmao! judge yourself. grin

Lol
So true
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:39am On Aug 21, 2014
Abatemtem: I think they told us some of these lies is due to our level.As we progressed,most of these so called lies were further expantiated by our tutors so I don't see them as lies
#word!

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:40am On Aug 21, 2014
ahika: I was told that
4/3 it's impossible
15/7 it's impossible because there would a remainder

That was in my lower basic tho
Same Here.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:40am On Aug 21, 2014
akereconfi: LInus

eLI

LIbrary
Lion
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by MadCow1: 10:41am On Aug 21, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Dumba must you always quote lengthy threads? undecided

Well I did.... Soooo?! undecided

Thats for pissing me off.. angry
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by sawhite: 10:42am On Aug 21, 2014
amiskurie: if you quit school,you will remain poor and irrelevant

Tell that to bill gate,Mc olu-omo(oshodi) and pasumer
try am na see wetin. Go happen

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by YoungDaNaval(m): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2014
MadCow1:

angry

Madcow! Must you quote the whole post?
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by anitank(f): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2014
None of what we were taught in school was a lie. At that point, we were just taught the basics of what we needed to know. As we advanced more, we began to learn more about the subdivisions of the fundamentals

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 21, 2014
Lies... due to our level. I dnt knw dat lightning do strike humans o
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 21, 2014
anitank: None of what we were taught in school was a lie. At that point, we were just taught the basics of what we needed to know. As we advanced more, we began to learn more about the subdivisions of the fundamentals
Thats just it

2 Likes

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 21, 2014
I was too bored to actually care. I just copied notes and read textbooks when it was time for exams of texts. Teachers back then were boring... we the new bred are more interesting and we will conveniently teach you whatever ...if we think it will shape you in anyway... that your 'genius and scientist' parents would even be seen as the olodos... grin
"My teacher says..." end of story.

I took my pupils out one day to a travel agency beside the school because I wanted to teach "Objects in An Office" I didn't have to talk too much, they taught themselves. It was a primary 1 class. Once we sat under a tree in d school compound..we were learning living things. So much fun... I love teaching like crazy!

In essence, topics taught were dependent on the level of the child. What child in primary 5 cares about the 'big grammar' when he's still trying to wrap his mind around the five senses? Or...OP, you learned all that in pry or secondary school? Haba na!

1 Like

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by ayukdaboss(m): 10:49am On Aug 21, 2014
MadCow1:

That's for pissing me off.. angry
Dude seek help quick undecided
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 21, 2014
MadCow1:

angry

well yeah..she did not remain a virgin forever. She was married to Joseph remember. And after Christ they lived like husband and wife and probably had other kids. So she was virgin for a while like every other woman.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by 4C2215131: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2014
Davijunson: Now I'm getting more confused. The same scientists dat told us der are five senses are now saying it's a lie..wch one are we to believe?

The OP said t'was a lie, not scientist. When science makes a claim, it doesn't exclude the possibility of theoretical alternatives. Science just let's the public in on those facts that have been exhaustively investigated and proven to be true or they promote concepts that on the average are more 'predominant' for lack of a better term (e.g the issue of taste buds, science is aware that other parts of the tongue can still distinguish 'taste' but, science chose to let the public know about those part of the tongue that are actually more susceptible to different tastes. That is all the layman needs to know, the other issue is esoteric in nature and open to debates in scientific summits).

Guess y'all know they say time travel is a lie right? But that is in practice. It has been theoretically proven to be within the frontiers of a highly sophisticated space travel vehicle which our present technological stance can't manufacture...yet. So does that make the teacher that told you in class that space travel is a no-no a liar? It doesn't as science that is delivered to the novice is about proven,concrete,pertinent and verifiable fact, not conjectures-that is reserved for fellow scientists.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by Min57: 10:51am On Aug 21, 2014
technophile: 10. India 99 - 1 Nigeria
After India have beaten us 99 - 0, they now said if we can score just only 1 goal we have won the match. That was when Okparaji stepped in, as he was about to kick ball like this, the ball just turn into a big rock, but he managed to put the ball into the net sha and he collapsed. That's why FIFA banned India from playing football till today o.

Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by DRealGeesam(m): 10:54am On Aug 21, 2014
ayusco85: No. 6 is totally true. But as a geologist, there was never a time I was told that diamond are formed from compressed and pressurized coal. Their modes of formation and mode of occurence are entirely different. Coal is found in layered sedimentary rocks, while diamond is found in crystalline rocks (mostly igneous rocks and sometimes metamorphic rocks).
A geologist that knows his onions Rocks cheesy
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by LordReed(m): 10:54am On Aug 21, 2014
harrysterol: u don't get my point.. is it verified to be inducted into the scientific state of matter? That the basic of which prove hold on...internationally accepted induction if not it must be discarded as baseless

Yes it is. Read this and pay attention to the references to scientific studies and books quoted.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_matter
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by stevSKY(m): 10:55am On Aug 21, 2014
MadCow1:

Lol

Thats for pissing me off.. angry
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by ayusco85(m): 10:57am On Aug 21, 2014
DRealGeesam:
A geologist that knows his onions Rocks cheesy

Lol. Ur right. Am a proud geologist any day any time
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by MadCow1: 10:57am On Aug 21, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Madcow! Must you quote the whole post?

ERM!!!!!........

Why do you have a problem with that?!
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by 4C2215131: 10:58am On Aug 21, 2014
papiforreal: Did anybody receive his payment for making frontapage recently??

People get paid for making FP? Always wondered why peeps dance and jubilate when they do. Thought they were just feeling good about themselves for being smart enough to whip up topics that mods think thought provoking.
Re: 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School by igbsam(m): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2014
technophile: 10. India 99 - 1 Nigeria
After India have beaten us 99 - 0, they now said if we can score just only 1 goal we have won the match. That was when Okparaji stepped in, as he was about to kick ball like this, the ball just turn into a big rock, but he managed to put the ball into the net sha and he collapsed. That's why FIFA banned India from playing football till today o.

But what is the true story behind fifa banning india ? Why india no dey participate for football. I want to know biko!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kiki Mordi Replies Kemi Olunloyo, Unblocks Her / Justin Chukwudi Olewuezi Graduates From Russian University As A Medical Doctor / Owerri Mega School Collapses After Rainfall; Was Slated For Commissioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.