Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

What Should I Do With My Old Car ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Should I Do With My Old Car ? (736 Views)

Tuning The Old Car - Renault 19, Chamade, 1994 / Revamping Your Old Car To Absolute Restoration / Is Mileage Of 156,000 Miles Too High For A 1999 (ie 14-Year-Old) Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do With My Old Car ? by CarmudiNG: 10:18am On Aug 21, 2014

So many of us have cars in our garage that are old and not for the road anymore. It is usually our grandparents’ or parents’ or ours from way back. We can easily get rid of it. Then again there’s always something about this car that you don’t totally want to let go. It could be that it still has a cool interior/exterior or there’s just some emotional attachment to it.

Well there’s always something to use an oldie for. Why not try and sell it ? If the engine is still reparable and someone is wiling to buy,it would get you some extra cash. If the engine is totally knocked and the spares are no longer in the market,you could sell it as scraps.

That’s the boring way to go about it though,especially if the price the buyers are offering is unappealing and you don’t really need the space it is occupying in the garage. Firstly you could do it the simple way, clean it good, remove some unnecessary parts of the car and keep it for storing little things you don’t want in the house. Shouldn’t be so bad having a mini storage.

A more creative way to go about it is to do some fancy work on it. I mean you can always clear and create space in the car. If you are the handy type you need not employ anyone to do this for your. Re-paint the car to any color(s) of your liking. Change the seat fabric to something fancy and put some air fresheners and put whatever little decor you want in it. You can have your fancy leave-in ‘vintage’ car just in your garage. Then it could be your hide out place depending on where your garage is in your house. So that nice 1899 vehicle of yours can be more, if you sell it ! Fix it ! Or make it look good and useful !

Read more on www.carmudi.com.ng/journal and get over 30,000 car listings by downloading the Carmudi App or visiting www.carmudi.com.ng
Re: What Should I Do With My Old Car ? by LordRepz(m): 10:48am On Aug 21, 2014
Drop it at the museum! Hahaha

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Kindly Qualify This Car In One Word / Tanker Explosion At Police HQ In Port Harcourt...(photos) / Car Security Not Working After Changing Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.