Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Enugu IMPEACHMENT SAGA: Chime Operated Poultry As I Did, Says Enugu Dep Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu IMPEACHMENT SAGA: Chime Operated Poultry As I Did, Says Enugu Dep Gov (717 Views)

I’m Running Lagos N3bn Less Than Fashola Did, Says Ambode / Breaking News: Apc Picks James Faleke As Kogi Dep Gov Candidate For Kogi / Graphic Pics: One Shot Dead This Morning During Ekiti Impeachment Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu IMPEACHMENT SAGA: Chime Operated Poultry As I Did, Says Enugu Dep Gov by ctytechnologies: 11:11am On Aug 21, 2014
[img]http://2.bp..com/-1BRK8C96Jag/U_U2SAQ-vZI/AAAAAAABLHc/qKQrtP79f-M/s1600/onye.jpg[/img]

Embattled Enugu State Deputy Governor, Mr. Sunday Onyebuchi, continued with his evidence before the impeachment panel, yesterday, revealing that Governor Sullivan Chime also operated poultry and piggery farms at Government House.

He told the panel that the government had since 2011 made annual budget for the maintenance of the poultry, adding that the funds were released and tendered the state’s budget from 2011 to 2014 to back his claims.

The deputy governor, however, informed the panel that the governor’s poultry was hurriedly evacuated shortly after the panel commenced sitting.

Onyebuchi told the 7-man panel headed by Mr. Uche Franklyn Oraekeiyi, that he had not committed any offence that could warrant his removal from government by impeachment, insisting that the poultry in his official residence and that of the governor were in existence before they came into government in 2007.

The deputy governor, who returned to the panel yesterday after he slumped last Wednesday midway into his evidence, dismissed all the allegations brought against him by the House of Assembly as totally false and baseless.

Impeachment proceedings
The House had commenced the impeachment proceeding on the allegations that the deputy governor operated a poultry farm at his official residence and flagrantly disobeyed the directives of the governor by refusing to represent him at the flag off of the second Niger bridge by President Goodluck Jonathan at Onitsha in March and at the July 6 meeting of South East Governors held in Enugu.

Speaking with journalists shortly after concluding his evidence before the panel sitting at the State High Court Complex, Onyebuchi said: “I have always said that this is a straight forward matter. One is the allegation of operating a poultry farm. We have been able to put the message across that the House of Assembly resolution is not a law and the resolution was not made available to me.

We were able to make the point that there is also poultry at Government House and while the poultry at the Government House was evacuated with the commencement of the panel proceedings.”

“Today, I was able to present to the panel, other evidence to show that there was poultry at the Government House. I got copies of Enugu State government budget for 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 and in each of these budgets, you have evidence of the allocation for Government House poultry and piggery and amount attached to it and I was also able to prove that the amount was released. If they said there was no poultry, then let’s know why we have all these provisions all these years.”

Video coverage of 2nd Niger Bridge flag off
Also responding to the allegation that he refused to represent the governor at the flag off of the second Niger Bridge, Onyebuchi, who played video coverage of the event before the panel, also made reference to the live coverage of the event by the AIT, saying he was present at the event.

The deputy governor said he w.................

click here to read full news
Re: Enugu IMPEACHMENT SAGA: Chime Operated Poultry As I Did, Says Enugu Dep Gov by 175(m): 12:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
Gov Chime and the Enugu State House of Assembly should bury their heads in shame!

This Deputy Gov is innocent of all these baseless and funny charges. . . .and as such, should be discharged and made to go back to his work.

When has it become a crime to vie for a political office?

U see wetin woman toit dey cause? gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu IMPEACHMENT SAGA: Chime Operated Poultry As I Did, Says Enugu Dep Gov by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 21, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

PDP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Confusion

1 Like

Re: Enugu IMPEACHMENT SAGA: Chime Operated Poultry As I Did, Says Enugu Dep Gov by naijaking1: 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
Sullivan Chime is a tyrant, and Enugu people at home and abroad need to get rid of him. STAT!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Takes Over Bama -sahara Reporters / Press Release: Hon Rotimi Makinde Blasts His Critics / APC A Party With supporter of APC Ideology Has Been Promoting Terrorism – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.