Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,252 members, 7,780,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:00 PM

9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! (10870 Views)

Two Families Battle Over Paternity Of Girl, 16 / Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: Are You Your Baby’s Daddy? / Should Men Get Paternity Leave? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
There is nothing wrong with fathers taking paternity leave if this is what both parents want / need.
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
Kanwulia: No AFRICAN man should get paternity leave!
Except he was PHYSICALLY present in the delivery room and did the OMUGUO himself! kiss
You don't reward idleness with more IDLENESS! kiss

I was in the delivery room (I don't live in a village so I didn't do the delivery myself), just finished 6 weeks of paid bonding leave and I have 6 left to take.

One of the benefits of living in a modern country that recognized her labour pool.

Ps: I took a year off for my first born.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
Maternity leave for Nigerian Men ends up in beer parlor.

you see dem sneaking into their homes every 2 to 3 am every morning.

70% na beer parlour get them
20% na to travel go village to announce say him wife don born, after which, he keeps traveling until the vacation finishes.
9% dey house but na to watch football, chop pounded yam, sleep until 11am, wake up , carry cleaned and well fed baby then proceeds to visit friends.

1% actually does what they are supposed to do. i hope you belong to the last category. wink

for more stat, visit ...

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by bukatyne(f): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
flyca: No man should be given any paternity leave except with endorsement from the wife! kiss

The wife should decide if the man is useful at home based on his previous records of home and child care tongue

Otherwise no need to keep an lazy man at home and create more work for the woman sef angry

I agree

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Kanwulia: 3:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
CityNG:

I was in the delivery room (I don't live in a village so I didn't do the delivery myself), just finished 6 weeks of paid bonding leave and I have 6 left to take.

One of the benefits of living in a modern country that recognized her labour pool.

Clap for ya sef! kiss

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
fabuloustee:
I luv it when guys love kids, I really hope u will be like dis till then
Definitely.that's why I chose paediatrics.
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
Kanwulia:

Clap for ya sef! kiss

No need to.

A well adjusted child and a well rested spouse is my thanks.

I encourage Fathers to participate if hey can. Some can't due to grievances with the mother or work or military service.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Donvilo(m): 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

No job or career will afford U "ENOUGH" time and energy to mingle with Ur kids

Then the only way out is to create or improvise one for urself. Remember, what we are talking about here is your child's welfare & not any other, you still need to bond with him/her before the child grows up to become who he/she is meant to be.

Like I said earlier, it all depends on YOUR CHOICE of lifestyle. undecided

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
flyca:

By your definition, this is what makes a human being (male or female) a liability Before you quote me again, check the dictionary meaning of the word "liability".

I reiterate, if a man cannot help his wife with house chores during her maternity leave, there is no need to grant such a lazy man "paternity leave"!

My definition of a liability is an investment that drains U rather than provide gains 4 U & the afore mentioned points can send Ur wallet to that level below RED.

What if I also insist that lazy, nagging, problematic wives should not be granted maternity leave? Won't such a decision backfire on the hard working wives?

As we have lazy men, U also have lazy women. So don't bar a needed break due to existence of bad eggs.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
Chillisauce: Maternity leave for Nigerian Men ends up in beer parlor.

you see dem sneaking into their homes every 2 to 3 am every morning.

70% na beer parlour get them
20% na to travel go village to announce say him wife don born, after which, he keeps traveling until the vacation finishes.
9% dey house but na to watch football, chop pounded yam, sleep until 11am, wake up , carry cleaned and well fed baby then proceeds to visit friends.

1% actually does what they are supposed to do. i hope you belong to the last category. wink

for more stat, visit ...

Its the 21st century madam. This have changed.
No new generation, educated, working class man will spend most of his time in a beer parlour (except few that still find it hard to adapt the changes that come with their status).
To be sincere, U also know most men are afraid of the village.
Yes (some) men still spend 90 minutes glued to the TV watching football.
Yes a man will be proud to carry his baby on one hand while taking a walk.
Due to the nature of his work, a typical, educated, working class, nigerian man will wake up before 11am cos His body is used to the fact that He has to wake up early to get to His office on time.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

Its the 21st century madam. This have changed.
No new generation, educated, working class man will spend most of his time in a beer parlour (except few that still find it hard to adapt the changes that come with their status).
To be sincere, U also know most men are afraid of the village.
Yes (some) men still spend 90 minutes glued to the TV watching football.
Yes a man will be proud to carry his baby on one hand while taking a walk.
Due to the nature of his work, a typical, educated, working class, nigerian man will wake up before 11am cos His body is used to the fact that He has to wake up early to get to His office on time.

Not when you are in the beer parlour until 3.am . The body changes bow down to alcohol.

My dear, the statistics are not lying smiley
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Kanwulia: 7:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
CityNG:

No need to.

A well adjusted child and a well rested spouse is my thanks.

I encourage Fathers to participate if hey can. Some can't due to grievances with the mother or work or military service.

I think you better quit while you are waaaaaaay ahead.
Don't PUSH YOUR LUCK! kiss kiss kiss
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Kanwulia:

I think you better quit while you are waaaaaaay ahead.
Don't PUSH YOUR LUCK! kiss kiss kiss

I live for pushing my luck.

Bring it to me.

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Kanwulia: 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
CityNG:

I live for pushing my luck.

Bring it to me.

Try again tomorrow. . . .when I am bored.
I am too busy having fun right now. kiss
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
Kanwulia:

Try again tomorrow. . . .when I am bored.
I am too busy having fun right now. kiss

Yawnnnnnn..
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by fabuloustee(f): 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
chimoz:
Definitely.that's why I chose paediatrics.
Paediatrics? a guy, I know about few male paediatrics, av worked in a big hospital with only 2 male paediatrics with many females, well now I know 4 sure u really love kids
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by flyca: 11:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

My definition of a liability is an investment that drains U rather than provide gains 4 U & the afore mentioned points can send Ur wallet to that level below RED.

What if I also insist that lazy, nagging, problematic wives should not be granted maternity leave? Won't such a decision backfire on the hard working wives?

As we have lazy men, U also have lazy women. So don't bar a needed break due to existence of bad eggs.

So you have defined a married woman as the husband's investment? Sounds sick! What of the baby she brought forth? Also a liability? Yea, going by your definition because having a baby also "send Ur wallet to that level below RED".

No right thinking adult can categorize a woman who had just given birth and on maternity leave as "lazy". Have you ever witnessed child birth before? How old are you sef? If a woman is lazy, that is story for another day. On this topic, we are discussing about women during their maternity leave.

Sweetie, Its obvious you are a child and I'm not interested in back and forth replies. Bless!
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Liability(m): 5:07am On Aug 23, 2014
flyca:

So you have defined a married woman as the husband's investment? Sounds sick! What of the baby she brought forth? Also a liability? Yea, going by your definition because having a baby also "send Ur wallet to that level below RED".

No right thinking adult can categorize a woman who had just given birth and on maternity leave as "lazy". Have you ever witnessed child birth before? How old are you sef? If a woman is lazy, that is story for another day. On this topic, we are discussing about women during their maternity leave.

Sweetie, Its obvious you are a child and I'm not interested in back and forth replies. Bless!
?
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Liability(m): 5:08am On Aug 23, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

?
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 23, 2014
cheesy grin cool
fabuloustee:
Paediatrics? a guy, I know about few male paediatrics, av worked in a big hospital with only 2 male paediatrics with many females, well now I know 4 sure u really love kids
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 23, 2014
CityNG:

1000 likes

1 Like

Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:04am On Aug 23, 2014
flyca:

1) Learn to buttress Ur point without insults. Its a very consequential act.

2) U understand the context in which I am employing the commercial register "liability" right?

3) Stop moving the scenario from the maternal being to the infant.

In case U still wish to gather knowledge here,
4) So bringing forth a baby automatically upgrades the status of a super destructive, kitchen absorbing, less than useful woman to a very hard working woman?

I don't know if I should say U are being sentimental or unrealistic here.
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by flyca: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2014
OLUJOSHINS:

1) Learn to buttress Ur point without insults. Its a very consequential act.

2) U understand the context in which I am employing the commercial register "liability" right?

3) Stop moving the scenario from the maternal being to the infant.

In case U still wish to gather knowledge here,
4) So bringing forth a baby automatically upgrades the status of a super destructive, kitchen absorbing, less than useful woman to a very hard working woman?

I don't know if I should say U are being sentimental or unrealistic here.

I didn't not insult you. I don't thread e-insults. Whether she was super destructive or not, once she delivers a baby, she should be accorded the dignity of rest and the lest she needs is another lazy man hanging around her creating even more work/stress for her.

What I understand is that you opened a thread and by all means want it to grow to 100 pages. So feel free to reply and re-reply and re-reply every post with or without understanding. As for me, I'm out!
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:42am On Aug 23, 2014
Chillisauce:

Not when you are in the beer parlour until 3.am . The body changes bow down to alcohol.

My dear, the statistics are not lying smiley

Yes I agree the power of alcohol supersedes the nature of the body. But I've never seen an educated man in a beer parlour at 3am.
Re: 9 Reasons Dad Should Also Take Paternity Leave! by holyfather(m): 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
Kanwulia:

Hmmmm. . . .

Only a desperate woman will type such trash!
Men are precious indeed.
Because you never knew ya daddy! And you had STEPS. . . SNAKES AND LADDERS brothers and uncles who could not keep their fingers OFF YA CLITO! Prolly gang---rap ing ya anuuus too from conception to death. wink
EWU!

*now phock off my posts. . .holyfather indeed! holy murderer!. . . .i don't plan to start or end my day with an ijjiot likey ya* kiss
hmmm grin grin
now i see.
your case is congenital.
i give up.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As A Best-man / Chief-bridesmaid / Can A Woman Steal From Her Husband? / Who Is Really The Pillar Of The Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.