Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions - Phones (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions (101832 Views)

Easy Way To Root Almost All Android Devices With Framaroot | Come In / Droid VPN: Your Questions / All Ur Blackberry Problems Solved Here!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by whatis1god(m): 2:12am On Aug 31, 2015
1- Boot loop -when android device hangs booting up.
2- Excessive Heat -when an android device heats up too much (this can also be caused by the hardware problem).
3- Continual Reboots -when an android device keeps booting on and off continuously.
4- Service Fluctuation -when an android device GSM/GPRS service is not stab

Dear broh, u see the number 3 is what had been happening to my htc VELOCITY 4G known as htc HOLIDAY
I.e CONTINUAL REBOOTING
I will be happy if there is a fix to it because i still prefer it to the infinix Zero that is now doing most of the work i am supposed to be doing with the htc despite its battery flaw.
I am seriously going to be grateful if it fixed

Thanks in advance
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by osasco55: 4:46am On Aug 31, 2015
Pls i need urgent help my Tecno 8H is stuck at the Boot logo. pls help me out. thanks
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by osasco55: 4:48am On Aug 31, 2015
and it does not boot to clockwork mod
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2015
whatis1god:

2- Excessive Heat -when an android device heats up too much (this can also be caused by the hardware problem).
3- Continual Reboots -when an android device keeps booting on and off continuously.

Dear broh, u see the number 3 is what had been happening to my htc VELOCITY 4G known as htc HOLIDAY
I.e CONTINUAL REBOOTING
I will be happy if there is a fix to it because i still prefer it to the infinix Zero that is now doing most of the work i am supposed to be doing with the htc despite its battery flaw.

Thanks in advance
What happened beforehand?
Did you tamper with it at all in any way?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
osasco55:
and it does not boot to clockwork mod
What caused it?
What were you doing before it started?
Did it boot to CWM before?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Niyoga(m): 1:53pm On Aug 31, 2015
I have problem with my TCL android phone. The phone felt down but 3 days later if i on it after loading it will now be bringing message that force stop. And after pressing the forced stop for all the msg. It will be not display anything on the screen but only signal
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Niyoga(m): 1:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
Niyoga:
I have problem with my TCL android phone. The phone felt down but 3 days later if i on it after loading it will now be bringing message that force stop. And after pressing the forced stop for all the msg. It will be not display anything on the screen but only signal
have taken it to computer village but they can't flash it, pls what else can i do?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by osasco55: 2:18pm On Aug 31, 2015
Karmanaut:

What caused it?
What were you doing before it started?
Did it boot to CWM before?
nope. the phone stuck up at the home screen. later the phone switched off. the was trying to restart, that was how it got stuck up at the boot logo.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by whatis1god(m): 3:01pm On Aug 31, 2015
quote author=Karmanaut post=37525096]
What happened beforeDid you tamper with it at all in any way? [/quote]

Yes i did boss!
Lol

Its a rooted phone
I did factory reset when i discovered it wasnt responding normally the it used to
Then i tried re-installing supersu thinking i have saved it in my google drive but unfortunately after checking my google drive , it was no where to be found then, i decided to download the supersu pro on 1Mobile market after downloading and installing it asked for a re-boot as i okayed it, that was all
It kept rebooting continually
I have tried to boot into CWM but no success
Then i tried wiping sd card still, couldnt make it work.
I discovered it is somehow lock.
Probably the bootloader. Bcus i saw something like
***locked***
That is it boss!
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2015
osasco55:
nope. the phone stuck up at the home screen. later the phone switched off. the was trying to restart, that was how it got stuck up at the boot logo.

If usb debugging was enabled before and you have a pc,
Install ADB, connect your phone via usb, open a command window and type:
adb reboot recovery 
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 31, 2015
whatis1god:
quote author=Karmanaut post=37525096]
What happened beforeDid you tamper with it at all in any way?

Yes i did boss!
Lol

Its a rooted phone
I did factory reset when i discovered it wasnt responding normally the it used to
Then i tried re-installing supersu thinking i have saved it in my google drive but unfortunately after checking my google drive , it was no where to be found then, i decided to download the supersu pro on 1Mobile market after downloading and installing it asked for a re-boot as i okayed it, that was all
It kept rebooting continually
I have tried to boot into CWM but no success
Then i tried wiping sd card still, couldnt make it work.
I discovered it is somehow lock.
Probably the bootloader. Bcus i saw something like
***locked***
That is it boss!
Try using a PC to boot into recovery if you can boot to fastboot.
Simply press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together and you should enter the bootloader mode.
Select the Fastboot option from bootloader menu.
Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop by pressing and holding the Shift key on your keyboard and right-clicking on any empty area on the screen, then choose the Open command window here option.
Type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot recovery 
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2015
whatis1god:

I.e CONTINUAL REBOOTING

Thanks in advance
Did you recently upgrade the phone? If yes, boot the phone to HBoot and tell me the version you see there.
If you don't know how to boot it to HBoot, visit this page: http://www.aryk.co/2015/08/how-to-flash-htc-android-devices.html
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 6:27pm On Aug 31, 2015
Dharmmieojo:
jus got s4 and i wana upgrade to lollipop....devices status says custom and i cant update my o.s it says ur device has been modifies update not available any help please
Here is how to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S4 to Android 5.1.1 lolipop: http://www.aryk.co/2015/08/how-to-upgrade-samsung-galaxy-s4-i9500.html
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 6:32pm On Aug 31, 2015
bossricky:
hello pls guys my tecno h7 cannot pick calls. each
time I try to pick a call it says "sorry the process
com.android.phone has stopped. pleas who has any
ideas on how I can stop this abnormality? ps -the
phone is a new one about three weeks old. thanks
You need to flash a good working stock ROM or custom ROM back on the phone. You may learn how to flash the phone using SP Flash Tool here: http://www.aryk.co/2015/08/flashing-mtk-android-with-sp-flash-tool.html
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by saibinc(m): 6:34pm On Aug 31, 2015
Serenity22:
I just both an infinix hot note phone and I have been unable to upgrade it.the firrst time I attempted upgrading it said some root files were found. I called the seller and he said the phone isn't rooted. Since then Anytime I try to install new upgrade afTer downloading the system update over wifi, It reboots then tells me upgrade failed.

Again I keep getting the below picture even after closing them severally.
What do I do, please help a sister out?
Do not attempt updating the phone that way. Often times, it brick the phone. Leave it the way it is.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by junedraza(m): 8:14am On Sep 01, 2015
Hello friends,

I have an unlocked Verizon Galaxy S6. I rooted it 3 weeks back and installed custom rom "Clean ROM". Since than it was working fine until this morning when i installed wrong version of Google Play Services. Since then "google play services", Play store and along with other google apps are kept stopped working.

Whole this evening till now i am unable to get solution for this. As I am using MAC and i cant even take backup of all the data. Tried to flash the rom again but unable to download necessary app from store, even can't install APK file.

I have tried many ways, clear caches, data, etc but still the same.

I understand that only way to solve this is to Flash Stock ROM. But it will erase all my data. Is there any way to keep the data or copy it on the hard disk.

Anybody have any idea please suggest...
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Carlcaresophia: 8:34am On Sep 01, 2015
osasco55:
Pls i need urgent help my Tecno 8H is stuck at the Boot logo. pls help me out. thanks
Hello, as for the problem you mentioned,you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by queenfav(f): 8:42am On Sep 01, 2015
Good morning..my cubetalk 9x tablet goes off randomly.I have done factory reset,even went into recovery mode to wipe cache..The memory is not full and I have a very functional antivirus cm security.please what could be the cause and possible solutions.Help please!!!
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Abuklaw(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2015
Did my computer needs to respond "device installed and ready to use" before flashing custom stock rom. how long will it takes to complete rom flashing? please urgent response needed
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Carlcaresophia: 9:04am On Sep 01, 2015
bossricky:
hello pls guys my tecno h7 cannot pick calls. each
time I try to pick a call it says "sorry the process
com.android.phone has stopped. pleas who has any
ideas on how I can stop this abnormality? ps -the
phone is a new one about three weeks old. thanks

Hello, as for the problem you mentioned,you can take your phone to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 01, 2015
junedraza:
Hello friends,

I have an unlocked Verizon Galaxy S6. I rooted it 3 weeks back and installed custom rom "Clean ROM". Since than it was working fine until this morning when i installed wrong version of Google Play Services. Since then "google play services", Play store and along with other google apps are kept stopped working.

Whole this evening till now i am unable to get solution for this. As I am using MAC and i cant even take backup of all the data. Tried to flash the rom again but unable to download necessary app from store, even can't install APK file.

I have tried many ways, clear caches, data, etc but still the same.

I understand that only way to solve this is to Flash Stock ROM. But it will erase all my data. Is there any way to keep the data or copy it on the hard disk.

Anybody have any idea please suggest...
Settings->Applications ~>Google Play Services - >Uninstall Updates. That should work.

What data do you mean?
application data?
If so use Titanium Backup.

If GAPPS came with your ROM then clearing won't solve it.
If you have terminal emulator installed, or if you can use the ADB from your MAC:
 adb shell

su

mount -o rw,remount /system

rm -R /system/addon.d`
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 01, 2015
Abuklaw:
Did my computer needs to respond "device installed and ready to use" before flashing custom stock rom. how long will it takes to complete rom flashing? please urgent response needed
What device is that?
If you have a custom recovery installed you can flash a ROM with it.
Also the bolded "custom stock rom" makes no sense.
What exactly do you want to do?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by junedraza(m): 9:44am On Sep 01, 2015
Karmanaut:

Settings->Applications ~>Google Play Services - >Uninstall Updates. That should work.

What data do you mean?
application data?
If so use Titanium Backup.

If GAPPS came with your ROM then clearing won't solve it.
If you have terminal emulator installed, or if you can use the ADB from your MAC:
 adb shell

su

mount -o rw,remount /system

rm -R /system/addon.d`

Thanks @karmanaut

I have tried to uninstall updates. But "uninstall updates" option is not highlighted there to uninstall.

I guess Gapps was inbuilt in the ROM, that's the reason I am unable to uninstall Play services update.

I have done backup using Titanium backup by can't copy data from phone to PC/Mac. I have installed samsung usb drivers, tried kies3, smart switch but none of them seems to be working.

I have found a way to unroot and install stock rom but what i need now is a way to copy backup data, personal files from S6 to my PC.

Please advise.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 01, 2015
junedraza:

Thanks @karmanaut

I have tried to uninstall updates. But "uninstall updates" option is not highlighted there to uninstall.

I guess Gapps was inbuilt in the ROM, that's the reason I am unable to uninstall Play services update.

I have done backup using Titanium backup by can't copy data from phone to PC/Mac. I have installed samsung usb drivers, tried kies3, smart switch but none of them seems to be working.

I have found a way to unroot and install stock rom but what i need now is a way to copy backup data, personal files from S6 to my PC.

Please advise.
Try Airdroid for transferring files.
Or you can switch to another custom ROM (if you want)
The data on your phone's SD card will still be intact.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by junedraza(m): 10:18am On Sep 01, 2015
Karmanaut:

1. Thanks I do have Airdroid but it's a free version. I can copy from pc to phone but copying files from phone to pc is not working. Is it that only paid version have option for copy from phone to pc?

2. I used flashfire to flash the rom. I am trying to download but play store keeps crashing & i downloaded apk file and tried to install the file but it stucks on "installing", probably because of play services error.

3. How I can install another custom ROM?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by queenfav(f): 11:03am On Sep 01, 2015
Karmanaut:

queenfav:
Good morning..my cubetalk 9x tablet goes off
randomly.I have done factory reset,even went
into recovery mode to wipe cache..The memory
is not full and I have a very functional antivirus
cm security.please what could be the cause and
possible solutions.Help please!!!
Karmanaut:

oga pls what abt my own problem?you just bypassed me.God dey o.
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Abuklaw(m): 11:52am On Sep 01, 2015
Karmanaut:

What device is that?
If you have a custom recovery installed you can flash a ROM with it.
Also the bolded "custom stock rom" makes no sense.
What exactly do you want to do?
I thought flashing custom stock is my last option since the system hanged while a friend was playing game on it and refuse to boot afterward.

I am using gionee m2 don't if it is 4gb or 8gb i have never take cognizance of that.

thanks for your response
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 01, 2015
Abuklaw:
I thought flashing custom stock is my last option since the system hanged while a friend was playing game on it and refuse to boot afterward.

I am using gionee m2 don't if it is 4gb or 8gb i have never take cognizance of that.

thanks for your response
Tried charging it?
What does it show?
Tried replacing the battery?
By 'refusing to boot' do you mean it doesn't come on at all?
Or is it stuck in a bootloop?
Re: Android Devices Software Related Problems Solved Here: Ask Your Questions by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
queenfav:
oga pls what abt my own problem?you just bypassed me.God dey o.

Boot into safe mode and see if it persists.
It might be caused by an installed app, or factory reset again. See if it persists with no third party app installed.
Does it overheat? Some devices turn off when they overheat to prevent damages to the internal components.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (41) (Reply)

Etisalat Introduces New Data Plan / How To Trace The Details Of An Unknown Number Calling You / Tecno Phantom Pad II G9 review-and-price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.