Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" (33472 Views)

Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win / 6 Arguments All Married Couples Have / Do Nice Guys Finish Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Fernandinho: 11:15am On Nov 24, 2014
devour129:
Nice guys only finish last if they are chasing shadows ! I like nice and decent guys but the problem they have most times is that they prefer bad and indecent girls .
And u got ur stats from where biko? Story undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:29am On Nov 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:
After reading a friend's latest entries in her diary, I thought about writing my "closing" arguments on friendzoning and "nice guys finish last". I decided that it isn't worth my energy right now. But I'll say the following and leave it at that:

Friendzoning is an act of selfishness. This is because love is beautiful when you're the recipient. When someone loves you, they make you a very high priority in their lives. You benefit a lot from that. They're always there for you. You can count on that. If you have any kind of need, they will be right there to stretch themselves and provide it. But here's where it gets tough: love is vastly expensive to the lover. The lover spends a very difficult kind of currency - themselves. Where do you replenish such expenses? Only from other people who love you in the same degree.

Your argument is dead on arrival.

The ONLY distinction between someone in the so-called friend-zone and another who isn't - is that you treat one as a lover, and the other as not.

And usually, the friend-zoned isn't kind out a genuine feeling of kindness and benevolence. He/she only intents to OBLIGATE you - so that you repay their pseudo-kindness with sex and affection.

How about that?

"Nice- guys" are not nice at all. Its all pretentiousness.

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Eberex(m): 11:41am On Nov 24, 2014
I have gone through all the comments and i think i can share my own personal opinion. First and foremost there are no good guys. Every guy tends to be a good guy only when they are out to impress a girl. Every guy tends to be normal when they are with a girl they are not attracted to, why? because he doesn't give a Bleep what she might think about his attitude. Now to this friend zone thing, i would say its no ones fault as a matter of fact. whoever is friend zoning does so with good reasons. Either he/she is getting some benefits or is a chronic loner.

If i like a girl, its either i want something more or i just want to hit that spot. I wonder how its possible to end up placing her in a category of ''let her just be a friend'', meanwhile she on her own part would read my actions towards her and the same thought would cross her mind ''what does he want? to tap or to stay?'' Only time would answer that question, but in anycase its a complete waste of energy, time and resources if you want something more but he/she only wants friendship. I'll simply walk.

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 24, 2014
Friendzone? Do u mean lyk erubos and dyesebel of dyesebel soap opera? But erubos wants to be friendzoned knowin fully well dyesebel loves fredo, and dyesebel even made it know she can't love erubos the way erubos want to be loved, but erubos decieded to stick around hopin dyesebel ll one day love him but knows it won't happen, now ll u say dyesebel frienzone erubos or erubos decieded to friendzone himself? In my opinion no one friendzone anyone unless one want to friendzone him/herself, shikena.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2014
@ihedinobi, much of what you've said holds true, but saying that you can't meet a nice guy at a club,restaurant or bar.....I don't think that's right. I have a friend whose parents met at a club....and they've had a pretty amazing marriage. What I can agree with is that you don't find those guys at such places ON A REGULAR. Everybody has their definition of a good time and loud music, dance, a book, a glass of wine and TV.....the difference between a nice guy and otherwise is limits. After all there are people that sit at home and drink themselves to a standstill or smoke weed till they start seeing things. On the flip side , there are those who go to bars and take a bottle of malt, Smirnoff or a bottle of beer and they're good and out.

I think niceness is not really down to your choice of lifestyle but how extreme you take the things you do.....of course there are certain things that are just not acceptable bit we all know the difference.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Mclick(m): 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
freshdude2:
What's a 'friendzone'?
it is a friend within geographical love prison with hard labour
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by xfile: 12:48pm On Nov 24, 2014
freshdude2:
a friend zone is that arena where love makes wise men too dull to understand reality
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by smartigo: 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2014
vivaciousvivi:

Bro, even though you have digressed from my point of view...kindly read his write-up again "with an open mind". He clearly took sides with the Male gender biko. Shikena!

grin grin lol
Sis, ain't gonna fall for that.
Anyway, I like ur sense of humour. Shikena!
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 2:11pm On Nov 24, 2014
Graviton2:
I feel friendzoning is one of the many inhumane things you could actually do to someone else. It is dehumanizing.

If one doesn't share intimate feelings for someone else with the same intensity as that person might have for one, then I reason it would be best to just say so....instead of leading he/she on. That is a pretty wicked thing to do.

Any girl that tries to friendzone me is up for a rude awakening. She will soon find that love is not so blind
afterall.

In an entirely unrelated note: ihedinobi2, I need your help with something really urgent. Let me know when it is okay to send you a PM. smiley
You can pm me now, bro.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by romzyxy(m): 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
mehn i love dix post. it is kind of educating. tanks man
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 24, 2014
veave:

Ask d.op
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 2:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
vivaciousvivi:
Ihedinobi2 , I am sorry but I am not very sure where your argument is leading. Are you annoyed that ladies friendzone "nice guys" or are you against friendzoning in general especially if you guys feel it's because the lady in question is falling / has fallen for a typical "bad guy"?
Must every lady a guy is interested in, agree to date you guys by force? If she isn't interested in a romantic relationship but chooses (for whatever reason) to keep a cordial friendship with the guy, is that now wrong?!
Also note that some of us girls prefer full disclosure at the very start and let the guy know that we may like too be friends first and see where it leads thereafter. Whats wrong with that
Of course you are not expected to like, date or marry every dude that says they like you. That is not the issue here. It is also not wrong to be friends with someone you like.

Here's the issue: if someone falls in love with someone else, that person they fall in love with becomes more to them than anybody else on earth. It is not good then to keep a person in love with you around you when you cannot or do not love them back. The issue here is that generally, both men and women who are loved enjoy being loved and for that reason they don't release people who love them. That is bad.

Also, people may start out as friends with you without any intentions to fall in love with you but do anyway. You can't say that they should have told you from the beginning. They couldn't have. How could they?

Finally, I was addressing two different things in the op: friendzoning was one; nice guys finishing last was another.

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2014
Sagamite:

Rubbish!

Fine attractive, good quality, wifeyable girls are attracted to tough guys with an edge.

It is perfectly normal and evolutionary, so they are entitled to and justified for their attraction.

There is nothing wrong with it (as long as they don't whine when men also follow their own natural instincts, which is what I have a problem with).

Attractive women are human beings and hence they need stimulation. When you have the mugu nice guy coming and giving them the same ol' rubbish they get everyday, they would be bored and unattracted to them. A bad boy gives them that uniqueness and a project to stimulate their minds.

When they get older and lose their looks, then they would want nice guys because they don't have that much same ol' rubbish everyday anymore, so the same ol' rubbish is now a bit attractive as it is becoming more unique. Also, it is better than nothing. Then the nice guy gets in there at "last".

It really is that simple.
I think we're still saying the same thing. A woman who wants the "excitement" and "difference" that a bad boy will give her can hardly be looking for the stability and security that a nice guy would give her. Thus, she can hardly be referred to as a quality, wifeable woman.

Nice guys don't have to be bland people. And they generally are not. They're just men with a sense of morals. They can be fun without being dangerous. They can be stimulating without being immoral and unreliable. The real difference between the nice guy and the bad boy is that the former are reliable, trustworthy men and the latter are not.

Thus women who want the latter are hardly wifeable. And a nice guy who waits to have such a woman would have really good reasons of his own to want her. But generally, a nice guy would be looking for security and stability too, not flightiness and airheadedness.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
freecocoa:
I honestly don't seem to get what your point is, if you started out as friends with someone and later develop feelings that can't be returned, how is it difficult to continue being friends with the person? Fine, even if you have trouble remaining just friends, what stops you from having a heart to heart with the person, telling him/her how you feel and why remaining close friends isn't good for you?

I have been in that place before, he was into me and I couldn't return his feelings, he withdrew from me and I contacted him to know why, he said it was difficult to remain friends because of how he felt, I understood and let him go and after a while, we became friends again even better than before.

Just how do you blame the lady for a guy choosing to remain in such a situation? No one can treat you anyhow without your consent, it's that simple.
First off, I did not really focus on any gender in the op. That is because the friendzoning happens both ways.

Second, you got what I said. He explained. You let him go. That is exactly what you were supposed to do. The op was complaining about people who won't let go but will actually use underhanded techniques like arguing that you started out being friends and should go on and how it's very unkind of you to leave because you developed feelings through no fault of theirs to try and keep you attached to them. You did the wise thing. That's what I hope that more people do.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2014
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by coogar: 3:14pm On Nov 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

I think we're still saying the same thing. A woman who wants the "excitement" and "difference" that a bad boy will give her can hardly be looking for the stability and security that a nice guy would give her. Thus, she can hardly be referred to as a quality, wifeable woman.

says who?
she wants stability - her intention is to trap the bad guy and somehow think she can tone his badness down a notch. she would drag him to a church & pop goes the weasel.

Nice guys don't have to be bland people. And they generally are not. They're just men with a sense of morals. They can be fun without being dangerous. They can be stimulating without being immoral and unreliable. The real difference between the nice guy and the bad boy is that the former are reliable, trustworthy men and the latter are not.

unfortunately, women don't want these nice guys. contrary to what they tell you in public. they want the risk-taking, exciting & the stimulating bad boy who is even hardly available. the more he drifts away from them, the more they chase him up. you really think women don't know where to find the nice guys? of course they do - but deep down, they don't want the nice guys.

Thus women who want the latter are hardly wifeable. And a nice guy who waits to have such a woman would have really good reasons of his own to want her. But generally, a nice guy would be looking for security and stability too, not flightiness and airheadedness.

you are making a grave error here....
women would rather try and convert a bad guy into a nice guy than go after an original nice guy. it's a thrill for them - "i want to be the woman that will change this player" is their mantra.

why can't she go for brother theophilus in her church who has no dress sense, no social life, no clubbing or womanising, etc? nah - she would rather prefer to convert 2face or jim iyke into a nice guy. in a nutshell, nice guys finish last. women want them around as casual friends but they don't wish to fück them.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 3:54pm On Nov 24, 2014
coogar:

says who?
she wants stability - her intention is to trap the bad guy and somehow think she can tone his badness down a notch. she would drag him to a church & pop goes the weasel.

unfortunately, women don't want these nice guys. contrary to what they tell you in public. they want the risk-taking, exciting & the stimulating bad boy who is even hardly available. the more he drifts away from them, the more they chase him up. you really think women don't know where to find the nice guys? of course they do - but deep down, they don't want the nice guys.

you are making a grave error here....
women would rather try and convert a bad guy into a nice guy than go after an original nice guy. it's a thrill for them - "i want to be the woman that will change this player" is their mantra.

why can't she go for brother theophilus in her church who has no dress sense, no social life, no clubbing or womanising, etc? nah - she would rather prefer to convert 2face or jim iyke into a nice guy. in a nutshell, nice guys finish last. women want them around as casual friends but they don't wish to fück them.
That part I highlighted is where I disagree with sagamite and yourself. A woman who likes a man who has no dress sense and no social life knows what she sees in him. But that is not the definition of a nice guy. Well, not the definition this thread was working with anyway.

I've explained in the op and in my answer to Sagamite too what the nice guy is like. He is not the dude with no dress sense and social life although he almost certainly doesn't club and very certainly does not womanise.

The nice guy is simply the dude with moral restraint. And I say again, the woman who does not want him is not looking for the life of a wife and mother.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Graviton2(m): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

You can pm me now, bro.

Check your inbox.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 5:02pm On Nov 24, 2014
Graviton2:

Check your inbox.
Having a bit of a problem with it. Not connecting with the Internet but I'm working on it. Will reply as soon as I can.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Harrychocoberry(m): 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
[quote
author=AmINotHuman post=28295720]Well, for all the "nice guys" out
there, no one owes you a relationship. A woman is not obligated to date
you because you managed to fulfil the basic requirement of being a "nice
guy". The real question is, what else can you bring to the table? As
shallow as this sounds, are you good-looking? Rich? Smart? Talented?
Funny? Any thing more than just being a "nice guy"?

Being a a nice guy is nothing but the bare minimum. Saying "if I were
your boyfriend, I won't treat you like that". It's not always about what
you won't or don't do ("At least I'm not like the other guys", "At
least I won't break her heart" ... and several other reasons while
you're not a bad person).

What can you contribute to her life? Women invest too much into
themselves (appearance-wise and so on) to meet a certain standard and
you have to meet up with that standard, being a "nice guy" just isn't
enough.

All in all, you can't force someone to fall for you. If a woman isn't
romantically interested in you, there's no need to force it or pressure
her or guilt trip her into dating you. It'll only make you her doormat.

I recommend this article for those who want to face the harsh realities
of life:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/[/quote]

If you dont want to get friend Zoned, Apply what this Bro. said,I think You'd know your Stand.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by MrDisciple(m): 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2014
Nawa oo una sha like epistle for dis NL anyway any bae dat friendzones a well meaning honest guy is a bitch nd deserves to be treated as one
P.s @op isn't it rude to go thru someone's diary *Just asking*
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by veave(f): 6:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Of course you are not expected to like, date or marry every dude that says they like you. That is not the issue here. It is also not wrong to be friends with someone you like.

Here's the issue: if someone falls in love with someone else, that person they fall in love with becomes more to them than anybody else on earth. It is not good then to keep a person in love with you around you when you cannot or do not love them back. The issue here is that generally, both men and women who are loved enjoy being loved and for that reason they don't release people who love them. That is bad.

Also, people may start out as friends with you without any intentions to fall in love with you but do anyway. You can't say that they should have told you from the beginning. They couldn't have. How could they?

Finally, I was addressing two different things in the op: friendzoning was one; nice guys finishing last was another.
does it mean i have been friend.zoned? cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by pweedyuz(f): 7:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Ok,so we start out as frnds,vry gud frnds nd along d line u fell in luv with me nd made ur intentions known.i decline.tho i love u (vry much)but i just dnt feel d same way nd prefer d friendship we share
Ur advice is-d guy shuld walk away nd girl also shuld let d guy b even tho they've been frnds for long nd share good moments 2geda.(dnt get any bad idea.d gud moments i mean is pure good..)

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 7:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
veave:

Ask d.op
Of course not! I crush you every bit as much as you crush me. cheesy
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 7:34pm On Nov 24, 2014
veave:
does it mean i have been friend.zoned? cry cry cry
Lol. No nau! I crush you back. tongue
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2014
pweedyuz:

Ok,so we start out as frnds,vry gud frnds nd along d line u fell in luv with me nd made ur intentions known.i decline.tho i love u (vry much)but i just dnt feel d same way nd prefer d friendship we share
Ur advice is-d guy shuld walk away nd girl also shuld let d guy b even tho they've been frnds for long nd share good moments 2geda.(dnt get any bad idea.d gud moments i mean is pure good..)
If he wants to stick around, I can't speak for him. What I do know is that some people do want to leave and try but the beloved don't let them go because it's a real loss to them.

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 7:40pm On Nov 24, 2014
senbonzakurakageyoshi:
@ihedinobi, much of what you've said holds true, but saying that you can't meet a nice guy at a club,restaurant or bar.....I don't think that's right. I have a friend whose parents met at a club....and they've had a pretty amazing marriage. What I can agree with is that you don't find those guys at such places ON A REGULAR. Everybody has their definition of a good time and loud music, dance, a book, a glass of wine and TV.....the difference between a nice guy and otherwise is limits. After all there are people that sit at home and drink themselves to a standstill or smoke weed till they start seeing things. On the flip side , there are those who go to bars and take a bottle of malt, Smirnoff or a bottle of beer and they're good and out.

I think niceness is not really down to your choice of lifestyle but how extreme you take the things you do.....of course there are certain things that are just not acceptable bit we all know the difference.
I wouldn't expect to find a decent guy in a strip club, would you?

Despite that, I'd say that you're right. smiley
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Stillfire: 7:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
There are two kinds of bad boys- the James Bond suave types cool and the Lil Wayne ghettofied thugs. angry
There are also two kinds of nice guys - the nerdy nerds and your average, normal Joe.

Out of the above James Bond comes first grin cool, average normal Joe second cheesy, nerdy nerds third kiss, then last and least and will never ever date- the lil wayne ghettofied thugs. angry angry angry angry angry angry

In summary if at 25 years old you are still excited about using terms as bad boy to qualify yourself, then I question your mental age. It is so childish. Grow up.

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by UjSizzle(f): 8:04pm On Nov 24, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

Your argument is dead on arrival.

The ONLY distinction between someone in the so-called friend-zone and another who isn't - is that you treat one as a lover, and the other as not.

And usually, the friend-zoned isn't kind out a genuine feeling of kindness and benevolence. He/she only intents to OBLIGATE you - so that you repay their pseudo-kindness with sex and affection.

How about that?

"Nice- guys" are not nice at all. Its all pretentiousness
Hmmm I see why Yuzedo likes you.
I'd kiss you now if I could tongue

And OP,
Ihedinobi
If a woman wants tough guys who are all about swag and money and bachelor pads, whatever she says about them being real and all that, it means only that she is not very interested in motherhood and stability. You want to live the life of the club and spotlights, you don't belong in the home, the kitchen and the bedroom and nursery. It's that simple.
This is bullsh*t (pardon my language grin)
No one gets to decide what makes a person happy, and how a certain lifestyle will affect their home.
If they say they can make it work, then they will make it work.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by pweedyuz(f): 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
ihedinobi2:

If he wants to stick around, I can't speak for him. What I do know is that some people do want to leave and try but the beloved don't let them go because it's a real loss to them.
So in essence,d sticking around will b termed 'friendzoning'..?
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2014
UjSizzle:

Hmmm I see why Yuzedo likes you.
I'd kiss you now if I could tongue

And OP,

This is bullsh*t (pardon my language grin)
No one gets to decide what makes a person happy, and how a certain lifestyle will affect their home.
If they say they can make it work, then they will make it work.
Actually it's that other stranger you're all fired up to kiss now that yarned real bûllshit. Just keepin' it real wichu. tongue

I never said that they couldn't make it work. I said that a woman like that is not looking to be a wife and mother. Those words have a very particular meaning. When a woman is ready to be a wife and mother, every last person knows it. No one is dumb enough to miss that change.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 8:21pm On Nov 24, 2014
Stillfire:
There are two kinds of bad boys- the James Bond suave types cool and the Lil Wayne ghettofied thugs. angry
There are also two kinds of nice guys - the nerdy nerds and your average, normal Joe.

Out of the above James Bond comes first grin cool, average normal Joe second cheesy, nerdy nerds third kiss, then last and least and will never ever date- the lil wayne ghettofied thugs. angry angry angry angry angry angry

In summary if at 25 years old you are still excited about using terms as bad boy to qualify yourself, then I question your mental age. It is so childish. Grow up.

The womanizing James Bond? Ok. Nice.

I'm keeping an eye out for those rare threads about men and our oversexed nature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Awaiting Fathers: Lets Share Our Experience / A Spirit Is Loving Me, I Need Help. / Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.