Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" (33462 Views)

Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win / 6 Arguments All Married Couples Have / Do Nice Guys Finish Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by missterious(f): 6:57pm On Nov 25, 2014
MizMyColi:

Owh Realllyy!

I heard Adekunle's now a prof.

Waow!

What level?

Yeah, she is. She taught us pathology this semester sef.

I'm in 300L
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by MizMyColi(f): 7:01pm On Nov 25, 2014
missterious:

Yeah, she is. She taught us pathology this semester sef.

I'm in 300L

Do you know if Afona Irabor's now a lecturer in CRS?

We used to be class mates.
He was a first class student.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by BeloHorizonte14: 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2014
MizMyColi:

2010/2011 session
AEE wink

WOW! U were a year my senior. Industrial Chemistry,2011/2012,UniBen. Hope say u ministry don move go him permanent site? I greet u Ma.

2 Likes

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by MizMyColi(f): 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2014
Na me hail pass bros wink

BeloHorizonte14:
WOW! U were a year my senior. Industrial Chemistry,2011/2012,UniBen. Hope say u ministry don move go him permanent site? I greet u Ma.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by missterious(f): 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2014
MizMyColi:

Do you know if Afona Irabor's now a lecturer in CRS?

We used to be class mates.
He was a first class student.

Yes, he is. He taught us climatology in 200L & was assisting Prof Adekunle in pathology.

He's fine sha embarassed
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by MizMyColi(f): 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2014
Hiohiohiohiohio
I will tell him tongue

missterious:

Yes, he is. He taught us climatology in 200L & was assisting Prof Adekunle in pathology.

He's fine sha embarassed
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by missterious(f): 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2014
MizMyColi:

Hiohiohiohiohio
I will tell him tongue

My mantra in situations like this is "Deny, deny, deny" grin

2 Likes

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Graviton2(m): 10:34pm On Nov 25, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Having a bit of a problem with it. Not connecting with the Internet but I'm working on it. Will reply as soon as I can.

Just saw the post in your diary...I still haven't seen a reply. Maybe you should create another email, if this one is giving you headaches.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by davestead(m): 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2014
ihedinobi2:

Thank you. You just played Abigail to my David. I was about to bring war to this thread.

So, Bond is the standard now ehn? Who was arguing that the women that want bad boys are wifeable again? Tell me exactly how Bond's marriage would look.

I'm still wondering at the allegations that men who don't sleep around don't do so because they are inconfident, hypocritical or broke. Lol, as if money is needed to straff. I go tell una my story? I have never had enough money to form big boy and I never really cared but my "girlfriend" back in secondary school was claimed to be the prettiest (unsolicited info I was given). In the polytechnic, I don't know where they ranked her because I never really cared to ask but she was hot and fine and had two dudes proposing to her when she practically moved in with me. Didn't cost me that much. I was just a gentleman that listened when they talked, picked up the tab (and I didn't bother with impressing with classy eateries and hangouts) and moved in for the kiss when I had made her good and ready for it (not that I knew what the hell I was doing then, I was just very attentive and very observant).

You think that being decent means being clueless or dull? I hope you all find Bonds to marry. smiley

And I hope that you marry no nice guys whatever the case with Bond. Say Amen.
You nailed it bro....Enough said....People are different and so are our thoughts and personalities, but we all know the "Truth".Thing is...most of us are still in doubt....#peace
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2014
Graviton2:

Just saw the post in your diary...I still haven't seen a reply. Maybe you should create another email, if this one is giving you headaches.
It's actually my email app. All my emails are open on it. Since I activated my Etisalat Internet, it started to malfunction. And I don't have another choice. You didn't see my first reply to your pm? It'll be alright, don't worry. Is it a time-bound matter?
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 8:24am On Nov 26, 2014
davestead:

You nailed it bro....Enough said....People are different and so are our thoughts and personalities, but we all know the "Truth".Thing is...most of us are still in doubt....#peace
Lol. Yes we are. And we do. wink
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:31am On Nov 26, 2014
ayibawanemi:
DEEP!!

richfella reincarnated(i have gone through your post history and i cannot be mistaken).ever since i read your submission titled 'THE ILLUSION OF PURITY' on a certain thread.
I wish to be like you when i grow up(no shiit).i stay following your exceptional perspective on issues about how the opposite sex are wiredgrin

Am caught.

Thanks for the compliment; you're a man of very fine taste cool. PM me in your second year, and I could recommend some related resources.

Congrats on your admission too.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:35am On Nov 26, 2014
UjSizzle:

It isn't. It's actually beautiful to watch ya know smiley Like watching ballerinas...the grace....hmmmm
They just happen to be half/almost nakiid is all tongue But they wear only enough to let your imagination take flight. Beautiful.
It's like poetry or a really good novel, where the writer leaves you guessing even to the very end; allowing you connect all the dots yourself. It's crazy because the answer is elusive, but still mesmerizing enough that you stay glued till it's over. That's primal art.

Yeah I'm a woman who doesn't mind staring at female strip tease.
What else hasn't the world seen grin

Ị ma wassup.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:46am On Nov 26, 2014
UjSizzle:

Tell your gf I'm sorry
kiss kiss

You're feisty, ain't you smiley.

Not so fast though...gotta earn ya wings first.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:08am On Nov 26, 2014
Stillfire:

Lol, buddhapalm has just dissed African tradition. Booty shaking is our art form o. It is art jor. grin

Lol, not necessarily. One is sexual; the other tantalizing and sensual.

You could liken them to the difference between watching a dozen baboons splash around in a pool vs watching synchronized swimming at the olympics grin.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by red101(f): 9:14am On Nov 26, 2014
bukatyne:

I think a lot of 'good/decent' guys get burnt because they are trying to attract women not like them (you know the flashy flashy of this world)cheesy. A woman can be decent and still look sweet. Bitter or not, a lot of ladies do not appreciate the 'meekness' of decent guys and mistake it for 'weakness' angry

Decent guys should know the kind of women that fit into their future and go for them. Let bad men/women roll with themselves cheesy

I 100% agree with this.
I mean, if you are decent, then you should find a partner who is decent as well and on your level. the problem arises when we are looking for something elusive or something beyond our reach then of course it's going to be hard to do so and still maintain decency without resorting to corruptible games. men and women are guilty of this.

ihedinobi2:

I have never had enough money to form big boy and I never really cared but my "girlfriend" back in secondary school was claimed to be the prettiest (unsolicited info I was given).

secondary school is for kids ages 10-16. It doesn't count.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 9:18am On Nov 26, 2014
red101:

I 100% agree with this.
I mean, if you are decent, then you should find a partner who is decent as well and on your level. the problem arises when we are looking for something elusive or something beyond our reach then of course it's going to be hard to do so and still maintain decency without resorting to corruptible games. men and women are guilty of this.

Lol. I was 15 or 16. So why doesn't it count exactly?
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by red101(f): 9:22am On Nov 26, 2014
^ a woman who knows her worth as the most beautiful woman in town will typically not settle for a broke guy. I'm talking about a grown woman not a 14yr old girl.

1 Like

Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 26, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

[quote author=BuddhaPalm post=28355208]

Am caught.

Thanks for the compliment; you're a man of very fine taste cool. PM me in your second year, and I could recommend some related resources.

Congrats on your admission too.
coming from the sage himself cool
thank you sir.will definately send the PM.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by bukatyne(f): 9:44am On Nov 26, 2014
red101:

I 100% agree with this.

My PA will invoice you for agreement fees grin tongue
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by kekilika: 10:17am On Nov 26, 2014
Zone this! Zone that! R we allocating power? Pls bikonu I need the code to migrate to where free intimacy dey that zone or at cheaper rate.

NB: zoning occurs frequently in university settings. Lunch boyfriend, assignment boyfriend, exam boyfriend n worst of it all, my brother in christ, if she calls you that, you have been restricted from the V section
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by moriton(m): 11:29am On Nov 26, 2014
.[/b]...Simply build yourself a life you can be proud of and you will have your own pick of women.[b]
This is the phrase that got me
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by UjSizzle(f): 11:54am On Nov 26, 2014
BuddhaPalm:

You're feisty, ain't you smiley.

Not so fast though...gotta earn ya wings first.
Lol which wings biko grin
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2014
red101:
^ a woman who knows her worth as the most beautiful woman in town will typically not settle for a broke guy. I'm talking about a grown woman not a 14yr old girl.

That may be. But who said I was broke? And that she was 14?
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by red101(f): 7:59am On Dec 06, 2014
ihedinobi2:

That may be. But who said I was broke? And that she was 14?

oh come on... here is your ridiculous quote:

ihedinobi2:

I'm still wondering at the allegations that men who don't sleep around don't do so because they are inconfident, hypocritical or broke. Lol, as if money is needed to straff. I go tell una my story? I have never had enough money to form big boy and I never really cared but my "girlfriend" back in secondary school was claimed to be the prettiest (unsolicited info I was given).

In the polytechnic, I don't know where they ranked her because I never really cared to ask but she was hot and fine and had two dudes proposing to her when she practically moved in with me. Didn't cost me that much. I was just a gentleman that listened when they talked, picked up the tab (and I didn't bother with impressing with classy eateries and hangouts) and moved in for the kiss when I had made her good and ready for it (not that I knew what the hell I was doing then, I was just very attentive and very observant).

if you feel that because you are willing to be nice to a hot or fine girl means that you are entitled to her, you are fooling yourself.
would you date a girl simply because she was nice to you? even if you weren't attracted to her?
friendzone is the male equivalent of side-chick. it goes both ways.you will run into all sort of problems when you are chasing after the wrong person and then saying that they are "bad" when in fact, they are simply "wrong" for you.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 8:58am On Dec 06, 2014
red101:

oh come on... here is your ridiculous quote:

why did you put girlfriend in quotation marks anyway?
besides, why do you care that she is the "prettiest" in the school?
james bond is a bad guy in your eyes because he is hot. yet you are here boasting that you dated the prettiest girl in your secondary school. pls don't be hypocritical.

grin

We were the same age and in the same class. I turned 16 in that period. tongue

I did because we were an atypical couple. Because I was an atypical teen in some ways. *shrugs*

Who said my problem with Bond is that he's hot? My problem with him is that he's amoral. I don't like amoral people. I like pretty a lot though.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by red101(f): 9:12am On Dec 06, 2014
ok. most women who like james bond don't see it that way. they just see his hotness and swag.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 9:26am On Dec 06, 2014
red101:
if you feel that because you are willing to be nice to a hot or fine girl means that you are entitled to her, you are fooling yourself.
Entitled. Nice to her. Smh.

What in the arguments I offered spoke of entitlement? Did my argument exceed that men who don't live risqué lives should let a woman go if she insists that he's too tame for her? Where did I speak of entitlement? And where did I say anything about being nice to women? Did I speak of being nice as a special attitude you pull out for specific people or as a character?

would you date a girl simply because she was nice to you? even if you weren't attracted to her?
There's a bad girl who has been nice to me since we were kids. The niceness means exactly nothing because it's an aberration.

friendzone is the male equivalent of side-chick. it goes both ways.you will run into all sort of problems when you are chasing after the wrong person and then saying that they are "bad" when in fact, they are simply "wrong" for you.
It is? Well, who knew? I thought they said that guys made the whole thing up. grin

Perhaps. That's neither here nor there. One thing's for sure: a man who has a sense of decency and morality will find that women with a taste for living on the edge will not want to commit to being with him. He'll be too tame and thus "too boring" (a girl told me that's the real meaning for "nice" in girl-speak) for her.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 9:27am On Dec 06, 2014
red101:
ok. most women who like james bond don't see it that way. they just see his hotness and swag.
What else does swag mean, have you wondered? grin
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by red101(f): 9:46am On Dec 06, 2014
not all women have a "taste for living on the edge" so when guys complain of being shorted because they are "nice" i see it as an excuse or cover-up for some other deficiency of theirs. I mean, I don't think that there is a shortage of nice girls for the number of nice guys that exist on the planet lol

ihedinobi2:

What else does swag mean, have you wondered? grin

sexiness, coolness, stylish etc look on urban dictionary.
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by ihedinobi2: 10:31am On Dec 06, 2014
red101:
not all women have a "taste for living on the edge" so when guys complain of being shorted because they are "nice" i see it as an excuse or cover-up for some other deficiency of theirs. I mean, I don't think that there is a shortage of nice girls for the number of nice guys that exist on the planet lol

sexiness, coolness, stylish etc look on urban dictionary.
Lol. Are you not just agreeing with me about how many bad girls there are? Did I not say that nice guys need not beat themselves up over bad girls that think they're too nice for them? That there are girls who are better suited to wifehood and motherhood?

"Sexiness" I know, "stylish" I know. What is "cool"?
Re: Closing Arguments On Friendzoning And "Nice Guys Finish Last" by red101(f): 4:34am On Dec 07, 2014
^ok then maybe I misunderstood your post then. Seems like we are saying the same things.

cool as in suave
informal
fashionably attractive or impressive.
"I always wore sunglasses to look cool"
synonyms: fashionable, stylish, chic, up-to-the-minute, sophisticated; More

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Spirit Is Loving Me, I Need Help. / Mother Of 4 Remarries, Walks Down The Aisle By Son (Photos) / Pregnant Woman Asks Guests Without Gifts To Leave Her Baby Shower

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.