Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:20 PM

How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam (3906 Views)

How To Transfer Files From Your Laptop/desktop To Your Phones Without USB Cable / Explaining Wifi, Wifi Hotspot And Wifi Direct In Very Simple Terms / How To Transfer Pictures From LG Phone to PC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by Osyxcel(m): 5:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
If you use an Android Phone with version 4.0 and above, then it's most likely that your phone has the WiFi Direct functionality.

WiFi Direct can be used to carry out a lot of functions between two or more devices of which one of them is file transfer.
You can read more about WiFi Direct here:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Direct

To transfer files between two Android device using WiFi Direct, you need an app called Superbeam (there are others, but this is the most popular and probably the best). Superbeam has to be installed on both devices before you can successfully transfer files between them.

How To Transfer Files (and Folders with Pro Version)

1. Install Superbeam on both devices. (Get on Playstore)

2. Go to Settings> Wifi and switch on the Wifi. (On both devices)

3. Press the Menu softkey to bring out a list of options. (On both devices)

4. Select WiFi Direct. (On both devices)

5. Connect both devices.

6. Open the Superbeam app on both devices.

7. Select the send option on the device that is to send the files to open a file manager where you can select the files you wish to send.

8. It will bring out a barcode for you to scan using the receiving device. (There is the pin option, but barcode is faster)

9. Watch as your files get transferred at high speed.

Why Superbeam when there is Flash share?
Because Superbeam is faster and you can also send folders (Pro Version).
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by BigBizzy(m): 6:01pm On Aug 21, 2014
xender is the best tho....
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by Osyxcel(m): 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
BigBizzy: xender is the best tho....

Xender is the same as Flash Share. It's not as fast as Superbeam.
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by Daniel2802(m): 6:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
BigBizzy: xender is the best tho....
Yep I represent xender.
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by BigBizzy(m): 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
Osyxcel:

xender sends folders too tongue
Osyxcel:

xender sends folders too
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by Walexz02(m): 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
Osyxcel baba, i see u o.
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by Osyxcel(m): 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
BigBizzy:
xender sends folders too tongue

For ya mind grin
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by Osyxcel(m): 6:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
Walexz02: Osyxcel baba, i see u o.

Chairman mi, I see you too o cool
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by UrbanMystique: 7:04pm On Aug 21, 2014
What about pc to Android?
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by Osyxcel(m): 7:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
UrbanMystique: What about pc to Android?

There is Superbeam app for PC.
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by UrbanMystique: 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
Osyxcel:

There is Superbeam app for PC.
download link please
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by Osyxcel(m): 7:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
UrbanMystique: download link please

http://superbe.am/for-pc/
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by UrbanMystique: 8:21pm On Aug 21, 2014
Osyxcel:

http://superbe.am/for-pc/
thanks... not working with free version though.. it says i need pro android version before i can use with pc
Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by Osyxcel(m): 10:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
UrbanMystique: thanks... not working with free version though.. it says i need pro android version before i can use with pc

Yep.

1 Like

Re: How To Transfer Files At Blistering Speed With Wifi Direct Using Superbeam by tvreporter: 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2015
Way On How To Increase File Transfer Speed On Windows software and it is an application software with this application you do not need to be afraid if your transfer can take a whole day. Teracopy Increase File Transfer Speed On Windows. This software have a lot to benefit feature which you have not seen in windows I speak on windows of now that do not know the next upgrade of windows what it is capable of.

(1) (Reply)

Need MTN Manual Settings For Nokia Lumia 822 Verizon Version / The Reasons Why I Think People Are Not Buying Tecno Phantom 5 By Wisdomkosi / How Can I Get A 01 GSM Or Landline Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.