Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? (4015 Views)

Troops’ Rout Boko Haram RPG Factory, Slay Terrorists In Damboa [PHOTOS] / Treason! Buhari Wake Up! Biafra Flag Hoisted Live In Aba Nigeria Territory / Nigerian Armed Forces Display Boko Haram Flags Captured During Battle With Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by dekronik: 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
So far, nigerians seem to take over the job of Abu Qaqa who was gunned down by federal troops sometime ago. Someone will sit down at the comfort of his home with his laptop and write down all sorts of headlines. It amazes me sometimes the degree of news spread out by such to the extent that you will think they are the new heads of boko haram public relations departments. I won't mention names but I believe some NLers are pure boko haram apologists. They paint a picture of a war that can NEVER be won and will always tell you that "my cousin from maiduguri" said this or that. Sometimes they will tell you "my cousin entered a bus with army deserters" etc. I laugh when I read such comments. It is said boko haram have taken over Gwoza and Damboa and hoisted "flags". No one has shown me a picture of boko haram flag in Gwoza. Even boko haram supporting sites like saharareporters and BBC hausa have not shown us the pix of boko flags anywhere. In fact, the most recent boko haram video on Damboa attack did not show any "flag" "hoisted". So my question is this; who's interest are these people serving. Nigerian Army will kill 100 boko boyz but such media houses will downplay such events. When boko boys kill 5-10 soldiers you will see headlines such as "Soldiers flee as boko haram overruns army base". Such disrespectull captions insults the very fabric of our national unity. I challenge Shariareporters and BBC hausa to show me pix of boko haram "flag" in Gwoza or Damboa.

23 Likes

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by Smilelo(m): 7:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
My brother waiting u dey wait for na who go show u the picture Y not go there urself and see it for urself so as to be a living witness.

I believe by the time u come back someone else in ur family will live to tell ur story.

It is not too late for u to join the media

11 Likes

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by simp: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
dey hear nonsense.make dem show am flag.who you be self.carry your leg waka go there now.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
The OP simply meant to say "pictures or I don't believe it "

7 Likes

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by walad4yhu(m): 1:26am On Aug 22, 2014
Seen iz believing...Plz take a trip to Gwoza n c for urself...

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by Segadem(m): 2:10am On Aug 22, 2014
walad4yhu: Seen iz believing...Plz take a trip to Gwoza n c for urself...
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by Nobody: 2:14am On Aug 22, 2014
Smilelo: My brother waiting u dey wait for na who go show u the picture Y not go there urself and see it for urself so as to be a living witness.

I believe by the time u come back someone else in ur family will live to tell ur story.

You made me laugh and you're quite right

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by aminho(m): 5:23am On Aug 22, 2014
dekronik: So far, nigerians seem to take over the job of Abu Qaqa who was gunned down by federal troops sometime ago. Someone will sit down at the comfort of his home with his laptop and write down all sorts of headlines. It amazes me sometimes the degree of news spread out by such to the extent that you will think they are the new heads of boko haram public relations departments. I won't mention names but I believe some NLers are pure boko haram apologists. They paint a picture of a war that can NEVER be won and will always tell you that "my cousin from maiduguri" said this or that. Sometimes they will tell you "my cousin entered a bus with army deserters" etc. I laugh when I read such comments. It is said boko haram have taken over Gwoza and Damboa and hoisted "flags". No one has shown me a picture of boko haram flag in Gwoza. Even boko haram supporting sites like saharareporters and BBC hausa have not shown us the pix of boko flags anywhere. In fact, the most recent boko haram video on Damboa attack did not show any "flag" "hoisted". So my question is this; who's interest are these people serving. Nigerian Army will kill 100 boko boyz but such media houses will downplay such events. When boko boys kill 5-10 soldiers you will see headlines such as "Soldiers flee as boko haram overruns army base". Such disrespectull captions insults the very fabric of our national unity. I challenge Shariareporters and BBC hausa to show me pix of boko haram "flag" in Gwoza or Damboa.

bros what dey usually mean by hoisting of flag literally means that bkoharam has taken over the community,sometimes its just commonsense that will make you understand

4 Likes

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by 4Play(m): 6:07am On Aug 22, 2014
The Nigerian military can easily dispel the "false" claims by showing pictures of the military inside the allegedly captured towns.

6 Likes

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by cirmuell(m): 7:07am On Aug 22, 2014
If there's a flag, it definitely ISIS kinda flag
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 22, 2014
Its simple logic, I believe since bbc hausa and sahara reporters , seem to be the only news agency with first hand information, they should atleast post some pics or videos..... Even boko boys haven't uploaded any video showing their flags which is very unlike them.....

So , my take, they(boko) are still hiding around while propagating media wars to make people feel they are winning.....

And also...... I have long learnt to treat sahara reporters as biased. The have lost credibility and seem to be on a mission to destroy Nigeria by fear mongering. They seem embittered at any meaningful progress Nigeria makes, always the pessimists and finds faults at everything. Trying to insight tension and fear. Making Nigerians believe they are doomed...

Yes, there are saboteurs and greedy generals among the military ranks.....

But I will never support or be a party to downplaying the heroism of those young soldier boys, who despite the sabotage and ratting-out, still decide to fight for us, a number have payed with their blood! Some are still paying. For those who fell, their death wasn't due to weakness, or the prowess of the boko cowards.... They didn't flee , no, they stood and fought! And they died Heroes....

Sahara reporters can't take that from them....

8 Likes

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by duni04(m): 8:22am On Aug 22, 2014
OP is sufferimg from MUMUsitis. Who on earth would want to go to an insurgent held town to snap pictures? We get reports of happenings in Gworza and Damboa from refugees that fled these places, nobody can actually verify these reports but once one refugee corroborates anothers story then it can be considered true. All the major international news outlets have quoted the same reports of flags being hoisted because they've interviewed refugees from Gworza.
OP think before opening threads and stop wasting nairaland space undecided
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by ntyce(m): 8:29am On Aug 22, 2014
@OP, has the military come out to deny BH taking over Damboa and Gwoza?
You should note that most of these reporters are not physically based in these areas, they rely mostly on eyewitness reports.
Furthermore, I confirmed from a friend who's a police offficer in Adamawa and he affirmed that Police Trainibg School at Gwoza is now under boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by nigerianvenom(m): 8:51am On Aug 22, 2014
Smilelo: My brother waiting u dey wait for na who go show u the picture Y not go there urself and see it for urself so as to be a living witness.

so u dont still get the point he is trying to make?
he is basically telling u that those propaganda are lies.so why should he go there to confirm lies?
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 22, 2014

so those who reported that the flag was hoisted could not snap it?. Even the boko haram dimwits could not also flaunt the pics?, something they do whenever they achieve a milestone .

the op is on point, we have seen pics of demolished buildings and maimed people. why have we not seen pics of this flag 3 weeks after it was aledged to have been hoisted.

This was how Nigerians started asking why boko haram have not come out to claim responsibility for the kidnapped chibok girls before they hurried put up a video few days after.

how about they do the same now?

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 22, 2014
duni04: OP is sufferimg from MUMUsitis. Who on earth would want to go to an insurgent held town to snap pictures? We get reports of happenings in Gworza and Damboa from refugees that fled these places, nobody can actually verify these reports but once one refugee corroborates anothers story then it can be considered true. All the major international news outlets have quoted the same reports of flags being hoisted because they've interviewed refugees from Gworza.
OP think before opening threads and stop wasting nairaland space undecided

so how did they get the pics and video of gaza, isis war in irag and even those that happened in yemen and afghan . what of the one that happened in syria, lebanon and even kenya .

you are a boko haram apologist

1 Like

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by duni04(m): 9:40am On Aug 22, 2014
aguiyi:

so how did they get the pics and video of gaza, isis war in irag and even those that happened in yemen and afghan . what of the one that happened in syria, lebanon and even kenya .

you are a boko haram apologist
I dont even understand the point yoi're trying to make. Is it that we don't have journalists brave enough to go there and snap pictures or that Boko haram is being stingy with the video of them hoisting flags? Please explain your point. If you don't believe boko haram has captured Gworza then please do us all a favoir and go there yourself and verify undecided
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2014
duni04:
I dont even understand the point yoi're trying to make. Is it that we don't have journalists brave enough to go there and snap pictures or that Boko haram is being stingy with the video of them hoisting flags? Please explain your point. If you don't believe boko haram has captured Gworza then please do us all a favoir and go there yourself and verify undecided

we dont have journalists in Nigeria but paid propagandists and yes , boko haram would have flaunted the flag if they had hoisted it.

those who show us videos of gaza , iraq, syria and the likes are they not journalists

there is not one investigative journalist in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by duni04(m): 10:29am On Aug 22, 2014
aguiyi:

we dont have journalists in Nigeria but paid propagandists and yes , boko haram would have flaunted the flag if they had hoisted it.

those who show us videos of gaza , iraq, syria and the likes are they not journalists

there is not one investigative journalist in Nigeria
Ehn that we don't have journalists in Nigeria does not mean Boko haram didnt take over Gworza. Are you the one that picks the videos that Boko haram wants to show us? Refugees have said they hoisted flags, international journalists have said they've hoisted flags. One of the reasons Jonathan even gave for declaring the state of emergency in the North during his televised broadcast, if you remember, was that Terrorists had taken over some parts of the country and hoisted flags. So what's now your problem?
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 22, 2014
duni04:
Ehn that we don't have journalists in Nigeria does not mean Boko haram didnt take over Gworza. Are you the one that picks the videos that Boko haram wants to show us? Refugees have said they hoisted flags, international journalists have said they've hoisted flags. One of the reasons Jonathan even gave for declaring the state of emergency in the North during his televised broadcast, if you remember, was that Terrorists had taken over some parts of the country and hoisted flags. So what's now your problem?

hahahahahaha. he never said they have taken over any part of the country and hoisted flag except you want to show me a link .

the issue of boko haram video is AFP that picks and upload them online not Nigerian journalist.

there is a thing line between a journalist and a propagandist.
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by duni04(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
aguiyi:

hahahahahaha. he never said they have taken over any part of the country and hoisted flag except you want to show me a link .

the issue of boko haram video is AFP that picks and upload them online not Nigerian journalist.

there is a thing line between a journalist and a propagandist.
I give up, no point arguing with an unreasonable and clueless person undecided
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by dekronik: 5:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
4Play: The Nigerian military can easily dispel the "false" claims by showing pictures of the military inside the allegedly captured towns.

From what you are saying, Nigerian Army should show pictures of Maiduguri, Sudan, CAR, Mali and all other places where they are operating right?
I seriosly believe we have boko haram apologists on Nairaland.
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by 4Play(m): 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
dekronik:

From what you are saying, Nigerian Army should show pictures of Maiduguri, Sudan, CAR, Mali and all other places where they are operating right?
I seriosly believe we have boko haram apologists on Nairaland.

Here comes a member of the National Pollyanna Society with their faux patriotism. People insist that claims that Boko Haram control these towns are false. Yet, not one iota of evidence has been produced to disprove these claims.

We are supposed to bury our heads in the sand, in the name of patriotic optimism, while our countrymen and women are slaughtered. By the time we admit the extent of the problem, it will be too late.
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by dekronik: 9:53am On Aug 26, 2014
Thank God we are alive.

I said it and people called me names. I asked for proof and I was called a doubting Thomas. Now we have seen it. The video is out. Please where is the picture of "flags hoisted" on Emirs palace, Army base and all other Govt. Structures. I have downloaded the video and watched it from begining to the very end.
Shame on BBC Hausa,VOA Hausa, AFP, ShariaReporters etc for helping Boko Haram with propaganda. Where are the so-called eye witnesses who "don't want their names mentioned"?

I'm not saying there is no boko haram attack in Gwoza, I'm just saying STOP THE PRO-BOKO HARAM PROPAGANDA. You are only killing the spirit of our nation. If you think boko haram is a northern problem that can be solved by spliting this country then you are in for a rude shock. Give them the whole of Nigeria, they will demand for Africa, give it to them and they would want world domination. Its an ideology, not politics. So let's join hands and fight as one.
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by condralbede(m): 10:16am On Aug 26, 2014

Shut d Bleep up....HV u gone thr ?or r u a member of BH?What the op wrote here is the honest truth....u ppl shld stop giving credit to BH,it will do u and ur ppl no good....
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by Reptyle(m): 10:16am On Aug 26, 2014
dekronik: Thank God we are alive.

I said it and people called me names. I asked for proof and I was called a doubting Thomas. Now we have seen it. The video is out. Please where is the picture of "flags hoisted" on Emirs palace, Army base and all other Govt. Structures. I have downloaded the video and watched it from begining to the very end.
Shame on BBC Hausa,VOA Hausa, AFP, ShariaReporters etc for helping Boko Haram with propaganda. Where are the so-called eye witnesses who "don't want their names mentioned"?

I'm not saying there is no boko haram attack in Gwoza, I'm just saying STOP THE PRO-BOKO HARAM PROPAGANDA. You are only killing the spirit of our nation. If you think boko haram is a northern problem that can be solved by spliting this country then you are in for a rude shock. Give them the whole of Nigeria, they will demand for Africa, give it to them and they would want world domination. Its an ideology, not politics. So let's join hands and fight as one.

But the armed forces can actually dispel this rumor by simply addressing a press conference from the secretariat of the local government or the emir's palace to prove to naysayers that federal troops are fully in control of the area.

The onus is not on the terrorists to prove to you by showing you pictures of flags. The onus sbould be on our defence forces to assure us that they have the capacity to protect us and have done so in this regard.
Re: Where Is The Picture Of Boko Haram Flags Hoisted In Damboa/Gwoza? by Reptyle(m): 10:18am On Aug 26, 2014
@Deronik

I however agree with you that we have to stop helping this evil terrorist spread their agenda of fear.

(1) (Reply)

Udom of Akwaibom in trouble Got 996,071Votes Why Card Reader Recorded 437,128 / Nigeria Needs Atiku To Make Life More Meaningful – Tinubu / Buhari Medical Tourism : Is The North Planning Something Sinister?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.