Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,469 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu (2857 Views)

I’m Ready To Abandon Inherited Economic Policies, Says Buhari / Ministers: States Nominate Akala, Makarfi, Dosunmu / Wahab Dosunmu Endorses Buhari! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by Ayekotoo(m): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
soroptimist: why is it that all PDP candidates are far from the palace of knowledge.....who is Dosunmu? is henot the same dude that can't marshall a solid point during the last debate just like his predecessor Musiliu Obanikoro the tongue-tied one in 2007? i laugh in Linlin Agohunle dialect

The fact is PDP doesn't have men who are sound upstairs in Lagos infact all over South West

Most of them having been pulverised to saw-dust by the SAN with a Sound mind think with Fashola's pending exit they can join the fray and win the election just like that......Jokers!
They all waited for best governor to complete his tenure before they start running their mouths. Fashola is such a exemplary and a visionary.

1 Like

Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
lekkie073:
WWW.jangola.info........na wa for DAT website address o sad
I provoided two website. One gave it in details the other summarised. Read the two and stop being crafty. In fact, are you aware that fellow pdp went to court to disqualify dosunmu in 2011 on allegation of hin corruption indictment and trial? Anyway, you won't know....

Enjoy d nite

1 Like

Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by aljharem(m): 11:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
barcanista: dude ? I won't argue with yu again. He was arrested by efcc in 2009. Was Ribadu efcc boss in 2009? You don't even knw Ade Dosunmu!!!

Enjoy your nite

Am I meant to know him to an intimate level ?
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by lekkie073(m): 11:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
atlwireles:

People not knowing him, is rather his own fault. He is the one seeking political office, he should be making some quality noise . I never saw or heard Dosunmu campaign anywhere. You saw Koro, shelle and Chief Bode over the airwaves making noise for PDP. Where was Dosunmu?
empty vessels make d loudest noice

1 Like

Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by thunderrider: 11:23pm On Aug 21, 2014
aljharem: I believe this man is going to be our next governor. He understand the plague of the people well unlike APC elitist government.

Guy wake up
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by aljharem(m): 11:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
Ayekotoo:
They all waited for best governor to complete his tenure before they start running their mouths. Fashola is such a exemplary and a visionary.

No one is fighting against Fashola. Abeg
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by aljharem(m): 11:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
lekkie073: empty vessels make d loudest noice

Good response !!!
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by atlwireles: 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
lekkie073: empty vessels make d loudest noice

So, how do you expect him to win a PDP primary? When people don't even know his name? undecided
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by thunderrider: 11:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
omenka: Yeah, and replace them with their retrogresive policy of free for all looting as is the norm currently in Abuja and other PDP states!!

I bet Lagosians are too sophisticated to allow such!

If I may ask

what is Tinubu and companies doing presently in lagos
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by aljharem(m): 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
atlwireles:
So, how do you expect him to win a PDP primary? When people don't even know his name? undecided

No one knew Fashola before he won

No one knew Fayemi before winning.

At the end of the day, it is he who God chooses
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by atlwireles: 11:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
aljharem:

Good response !!!

Koro, Shelle and Bode might be empty vessels, but they are know commodities among PDP members. Who is Dosunmo?
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by atlwireles: 11:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
aljharem:

No one knew Fashola before he won

No one knew Fayemi before winning.

At the end of the day, it is he who God chooses

grin grin grin grin So, we should appoint like the emperor of APC does? That will tear the Lagos PDP into piece again.
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by thunderrider: 11:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
lekkie073: dossman2015....

U are on the loonnnggggg thing
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by aljharem(m): 11:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
atlwireles:
grin grin grin grin So, we should appoint like the emperor of APC does? That will tear the Lagos PDP into piece again.

Exactly no imposition that is why he has my support
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by aresa: 6:15am On Aug 22, 2014
aljharem:

I am not voting for Party again but individuals.

You are stuck with a worthless president because you voted based on the same naive sentiments back in 2011

Some of you are just heard learners...
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by instinct1: 7:04am On Aug 22, 2014
ade dosumu why are you fooling yourself.you were trounced in the last election.you were defeated with more than 2million votes.go and sort the corruption case against you in nimasa first and we the lagosians we know whether to vote for you or not.
aljharem: In this interview with ENIOLA AKINKUOTU, the Peoples Democratic Party candidate in 2011 Lagos State governorship election, Dr. Ade Dosunmu, speaks on the politics of the state and other issues

In 2011, you ran in the governorship race on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party but lost by a wide margin to Governor Babatunde Fashola of the All Progressives Congress. Presently, the APC controls all elective offices in the state? Now that you are running again, what do you think went wrong?

Between the last election and now, a lot has happened. Don’t forget that the APC had about one million plus votes just like the PDP had during the presidential election and that number is less than 30 per cent of the total number of registered voters in Lagos. So, it cannot be said to be the true reflection of the wishes of the people. Again, that time, we had an incumbent who was enjoying a lot of popularity and typical of any human being, they will tell you better the devil you know than the angel you don’t. So, that must be one of the reasons why the elections turned out that way and they also had a structure in place but that is not the issue. In Ekiti State they had all the members of the House of Representatives and Senate but Governor Kayode Fayemi still lost the election. What matters in a contest like this is the perception the people have. Once the people are ready for change, nobody can stop it and that is what we are witnessing in Lagos today. Just go out and do an opinion poll and you will observe a lot of disenchantment all over the place about the policies of the government; talk about students, civil servants, health workers, transport operators, ‘okada’ riders and all other segments. Even business communities are groaning over high tax regime and all these are what I believe can present itself as a major challenge to the APC because the people have seen that it is time to try something else and they are ready for that.

Again if you look at 2011, that was my first election ever and my result was over 300,000 votes which was what some people had in some other states and they are governors today. The same goes for Oyo and Edo states. Even the last election in Anambra, the governor, Willie Obiano, got only 180,000 votes. Although we can say the outcome of an election is subject to the number of registered voters but that means that, at least, over 300,000 believed in my candidacy despite the fact that it was my first showing. There are some people whose first showing was not up to 100,000. So, if my first showing was 300,000 when Lagosians were seeing me for the first time, know that my second showing will be far better.

Were you aware of the deal between the Presidency and the APC government in which it was agreed that the APC would support Jonathan while Jonathan would leave Lagos for the APC? This has been confirmed by former Minister of Works, Adeseye Ogunlewe.

I read it in Ogunlewe’s newspaper interview and in former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s open letter. Well, I don’t know but despite the supposed deal, I still had over 300,000 votes but we are believing that this time around, such won’t happen if it happened in 2011, more especially when our people have decided to take their destinies in their hands and we are the ones that know where the shoe pinches. No one outside Lagos can tell us this is the way when we are the ones here.

But do you think the PDP will be accepted in Lagos given the fact that it has never ruled the state before?

One of the issues in Lagos is the fact that contrary to general feelings and perception of our party by members of the public, I want to tell you that the Lagos PDP you used to know is different from the one of today. We are more united, focused and more determined and, as a party, we are also operating on the basis of teamwork. Lagosians have seen that and that has been demonstrated. If you cast your mind to the last local government elections we made an impact but unfortunately, you know what happened in most of the places. Even places where election had been announced by Returning Officers, the powers that be in the APC refused to allow our party to take its mandate. As a peace-loving party, we did not want to cause crisis or make the state ungovernable so, we used the constitutional means, the tribunals, set up by the APC government but at the end of the day, you see how the case went despite an overwhelming evidence and that shows a level of political intolerance because to a large extent, we were all living witnesses to the fact that the PDP had conceded defeats in states that we even control but lost. We have 57 councils in Lagos, if the PDP wins six and you refuse to give it that shows the level of political intolerance on their part.

The PDP both at the national and state has shown a high level of responsibility. We have conceded defeat and congratulated them. Even when INEC declared Fashola as winner, I congratulated him and our President has always been doing that even when they defeated our party, he would be the first to come out and say congratulations. So, why can’t they imbibe this same spirit of sportsmanship? So, these are some of the things Nigerians have been seeing and making their own deductions that the PDP seems to be more responsive and people-friendly and probably that is the reason why you are seeing a sudden change about the perception of PDP, particularly in Lagos. Everyday people are joining us in preparation for change because there is no imposition in the PDP

You spoke on influx and no possibility of imposition. However, there is a rumour that the Presidency is supporting Jimi Agbaje. Doesn’t this affect your chances?

One thing I know very clearly is that there is nothing like imposition in the PDP. Anybody is welcome in our party. We will receive the news of his defection with joy. Even today, if the Governor of Lagos decides to join the PDP, we will jubilate and say, yes, come in. In politics, the school of thought I belong to is the ‘more the merrier.’ Joining a political party is one thing, ambition is another thing; you must first join and then belong, contribute to the development and building of the platform that you want to use. If you come and you want to contest, you are free as long as you meet the requirement of the constitution. So, we have no problem with anybody coming in.

Oba Rilwan Akiolu has endorsed an APC aspirant, Akinwunmi Akinbode. Isn’t this going to affect you or whoever the PDP presents considering that politicians and governments need the cooperation of traditional rulers?

The Oba of Lagos is a father of all and as somebody, who also comes from that lineage, I believe that to a large extent, he was expressing his personal opinion, not the opinion of the people of Lagos. And he has a right to do so. I feel he was talking for the APC not the PDP. Maybe tomorrow, if the PDP also picks its candidate, he will come out and say, yes, before the candidate of the PDP came up, I anointed Ambode but now that PDP has its candidate, I am also supporting him. So, let us leave everything open, it’s the people of Lagos that will decide, not the Oba.

As a Ph.D. holder in Public Administration, how do you see the current administration in Lagos?

When I see things happening at the level of political authority, I get worried because a lot of people don’t have the orientation for the office they are holding. Some look at things from the point of view of a businessman and certain things in government should be looked at from the point of view of the government and that is why democracy is defined as government of the people, by the people and for the people. Why is it not government of the elite or government of the few? So, my driving point is that I intend to run a government that will focus on the people. I believe in policies, not politics because if you get policies right, you will run a government that will have an impact on the people and to a large extent I believe whatever government we run will address the basic reasons we have government: public education, public health, infrastructure, welfare and security.

We pay tax because we are empowering the government to be able to provide those basic responsibilities that are entrusted to it. Nobody is asking government to put food on his table but government should be able to build public schools and infrastructure, roads; it should be able to provide public health, that is why we have general hospitals, then welfare and security.

Government should provide good social housing scheme. It has been done before. Alhaji Lateef Jakande did it, he built over 14,000 flats within four years and he did not tell them to go and bring something. He sold each flat for N6, 000 and each beneficiary was paying N1, 500. That is social housing scheme. Government has no business in any other kind of housing apart from social housing. Today they build one house there for N40m. You don’t need to build a house for somebody who has N40m; he can go and build his house. Government housing should be for those who cannot ordinarily afford it. The Lagos State Development Property Corporation is still a corporation and a corporation is not supposed to make profit by definition. LSDPC which Jakande used to deliver N6,000 flat each is the same that is building N52m per flat today.

What of the many infrastructural developments of this present government?

See a situation where we have three tollgates in one local government. That is not good governance and I don’t know how anybody can justify that. There is one linking Ikoyi to Lekki, two along the Lekki-Epe Expressway. It will cost about N25, 000 every month to each motorist in Lagos. Government should be mindful of these things. We have the resources, we just need proper planning. Why do we need to go into 30 years concession agreement with a company? Was the bidding for the contract even transparent? The 48-kilometre Lekki-Epe road cost N50bn, over N1bn per kilometre and they are still going to collect tolls for over 30 years; that is bondage. So, many of these policies need to be reversed.

You mentioned policy reversal of the government. Will it include turning the transformed Oshodi back to what it was and allowing okada riders to return to the highway?

During his first term, Fashola did some things to endear himself to the people. We will change some of the bad policies and retain the good ones. The Oshodi thing is an excellent one.

[b]On the issue of okada riders, it is not in Lagos alone that they were restricted. In Akwa Ibom, about three years ago, they were banned but what aggravated that of Lagos was the manner in which the government went about it. In Akwa Ibom, the governor told me when I visited the place that after banning okada, he told them to bring their bikes in exchange for N50,000 each.[/b]They came and personally submitted their bikes. Don’t forget that some of these okada riders took loans to procure these bikes. Some of them have made some payments while for some it’s the N50,000 they will use to start another business while those owing will offset their loans with it. It was done in Kano but over there, the governor bought a lot of tricycles and introduced a policy. In Lagos, they were seizing it and crushing it. We are all living witnesses. A man who bought a bike on loan that has it crushed is left with two pains. The pain of repaying the loan and what he will eat. That is where I disagree with that policy.

http://www.punchng.com/politics/pdp-govtll-reverse-fasholas-policies-says-dosunmu/
u
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by Ayus34(m): 7:44am On Aug 22, 2014
aljharem: My people die for lack of knowledge, You see a clean man with good pedigree and yet you reject him for whoever Jagaban chooses ?

Very funny and interesting
did I just hear u say the man with pedigree? u don't know what u re saying at all,so cuz a politician ramanced US with sweet words we should just succumb to him...smh.
do u know prior to the 2011 election,Dosumu was the director of NIMASA,where he rented generator to power the office everyday instead of buying a new generator and claimed to be spending millions of naira to rent generator per month..is that that the man with pedigree that will efficiently run a state like Lagos?
he was the candidate of bode George in that election and you are saying he has no God father.. ..can u do without God fatherism in Nigeria politics not to talk of PDP,a party filled with God fathers?
during his campaign for 2011 election,dosumu vowed to sack all agencies created by tinubu and fashola.....like lastma,imagine opposition sacking all Nigeria police officers,chopping off the head is not the remedy for headache,so if he achieved that aim where will the thousands of lastma officials and other agencies be working?
a lot proof to tell u that dosumu to me is not the right candidate.
I voted for jimi agbeje 2007,but I will not vote for him if he contest the coming election,and don't tell me support the candidate and forget party,dat is a very myopic statement.....then the candidate should contest without a party if that should be the case,Jimi in PDP Southwest 'will never do well not a curse,though don't know of other region because at least akpabio,amaechi pdp,Donald duke performed,while Akala nd others failed woefully in ibadan!

1 Like

Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by ola6: 8:13am On Aug 22, 2014
What nonsense! How can "sophisticated" yorubas even consider Ambode? Are you not tired of one family ruling lagos?
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by ola6: 8:14am On Aug 22, 2014
Sophistication by arse!
Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by comos: 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa:
You are stuck with a worthless president because you voted based on the same naive sentiments back in 2011
Lagosian are fed up with APC
It is time we try another party.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by comos: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
aresa:
why is it that you post are everywhere, when it concerns GEJ (to criticize) or Fashola (to praise)
you must be an APC e-rat
grin

2 Likes

Re: PDP Govt’ll Reverse Fashola’s Policies, Says Dosunmu by ola6: 4:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
Who hid my first comment? Because I said the truth about MY people? undecided

I repeat for us YORUBAS to be slaves to a family dynasty means WE ARE NOT AS SOPHISTICATED as we think we are. We have sold Lagos to one man's political dynasty, whether by proxy (Jimi), imposition ( ambodillion, thanks alhaji), or front. What work was tinubu doing to afford a private jet, first nation airline, fara park estate, beech wood estate, oriental hotel etc

Sophistication my black bottom

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Wins Presidential Election In Adamawa / Boko Haram: Osinbajo, Catholic Bishop Clash / Pmb @ Unga; Palestinian Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.