Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. (5297 Views)

I'm Seriously Considering Cheating On My Husband / If You Saw This Era & Not Thinking Of Marriage Yet, Then...... (photos) / Topics For Conversation When A Man And Woman Are Considering Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by okotv(m): 4:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
bukatyne: Okotv,

This your thread is working

See, Carefreewannabe and Crackhaus are really digging it grin

Please send us e-invite o!
i want the best for carefreewannabe and crackhaus took the mighty challenge

1 Like

Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by crackhaus: 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
bukatyne: Okotv,

This your thread is working

See, Carefreewannabe and Crackhaus are really digging it grin

Please send us e-invite o!
Haha..don't you ladies just love drama grin

You will be duly e-invited tongue

1 Like

Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by bukatyne(f): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
crackhaus:
Haha..don't you ladies just love drama grin

You will be duly e-invited tongue

Who does not like drama?

Expecting my e-invite
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by bukatyne(f): 6:11pm On Aug 25, 2014
okotv: i want the best for carefreewannabe and crackhaus took the mighty challenge

Lol!
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by Olusanya333(m): 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2014
My reasons are
-I have a vission
-I have a mission
-I hate Sex
-Can't share my body with anyone
-It is my call and mine alone.
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
Olusanya333: My reasons are
-I have a vission
-I have a mission
-I hate Sex
-Can't share my body with anyone
-It is my call and mine alone.
Ahnahn, Oluuuu, shey ara'eh ya bia?
Why would you say all this?
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by Olusanya333(m): 8:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Ahnahn, Oluuuu, shey ara'eh ya bia?
Why would you say all this?
Oh! u are here.How family now
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by flipflop(f): 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2014
sihom: 1. The marriages in my life and world have impacted negatively on me to a point where I'm pessimistic about marriage no matter how hard I try to see the good sides to marriage I always end up thinking the negatives out-weigh the positives. To give you a few examples

a. My mum had to treat herself one time for gonorrhoea (not sure that's the correct spelling) and as far as I know she married as a virgin and has never cheated on my dad. My dad's girlfriend at the time was also treating herself for the same STD. I figure he picked it up from somewhere and infected both women. I knew about the STD because I overheard a conversation btw two of my aunts when I was 11 or 12.

b. An acquaintance parents divorced after 25 years of marriage, reason being that his mum caught his dad giving the house help head. Something he had persistently refused to give the mum always using the excuse that it was unhygienic, unhealthy and not medically good in all their 25 years of marriage.

c. One of my relative's husband had a messy affair that resulted into a pregnancy and a lot of damage to relationships. I also have twin half sisters courtesy of my father's away matches. A fact that came to light when I was a young adult, these are just a few short stories, there's more but I won't go into it.

2. I'm female and I get chased by married men a lot of the times its amazing the lengths they are willing to go to, just to get laid and it makes me wonder if my anatomy is any different from their wives. The frequency at which I get hit on by married men is starting to make me think my husband would do this too (if I get married). As a matter of fact I've been told by some of these men not to expect 100% fidelity from my spouse. Based on my personal experiences I'm tempted to believe all married men cheat, have cheated at some point in their marriages or may cheat in the future. A tough pill to swallow

3. The prevailing evils of child abuse/molestation by relatives, house helps etc makes my blood run cold. One of my nephews has been a victim and it was perpetuated by an uncle on the father's side.I cannot imagine bringing a child into this world only to have such a misfortune befall him or her. I know God protects people but let's face it there's still evil in this world and bad things happen to good people. I shudder to think of this

4. I've always been a one man gang not by choice but by the circumstances of life. So I usually tend to do things by myself without waiting for help from people or asking for help unless I'm really drowning. My point is- I'm too independent & self reliant that's not a good trait for a successful marriage and the truth is I don't know any other way to live.

a popular saying goes thus "you miss 100% of the chances you don't take" . I understand where you are coming from because I've been through it also. Nevertheless once you know your God(Dan 11:32), He is the source of your strength and you can do all things through Christ that strengthens you. Decide now not to allow scars from the past affect your future, choose to do it right. Study those failed marriages around you and note what went wrong with it. Resolve to be morally upright and holy (1thess 4:13) and wait for the right man who is God fearing ( this does not mean a man that goes to church every sunday or a worker in church; this is a man who has a relationship with God the father, Son and Holy spirit). You can have a great marriage if you trust God, choose a partner who loves God and decide to work at it continuously. Shalom sis! (P.S- I didn't ask- are you a Christian?)
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by Olusanya333(m): 10:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
flipflop: a popular saying goes thus "you miss 100% of the chances you don't take" . I understand where you are coming from because I've been through it also. Nevertheless once you know your God(Dan 11:32), He is the source of your strength and you can do all things through Christ that strengthens you. Decide now not to allow scars from the past affect your future, choose to do it right. Study those failed marriages around you and note what went wrong with it. Resolve to be morally upright and holy (1thess 4:13) and wait for the right man who is God fearing ( this does not mean a man that goes to church every sunday or a worker in church; this is a man who has a relationship with God the father, Son and Holy spirit). You can have a great marriage if you trust God, choose a partner who loves God and decide to work at it continuously. Shalom sis! (P.S- I didn't ask- are you a Christian?)
And God give us each different Grace. Like u might one to be single 4 lyf lyk me and end up in Hell.
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by pappyrose(f): 12:46am On Sep 04, 2014
I think I partially belong here.
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by perry2020(f): 8:20am On Sep 04, 2014
sihom: 1. The marriages in my life and world have impacted negatively on me to a point where I'm pessimistic about marriage no matter how hard I try to see the good sides to marriage I always end up thinking the negatives out-weigh the positives. To give you a few examples

a. My mum had to treat herself one time for gonorrhoea (not sure that's the correct spelling) and as far as I know she married as a virgin and has never cheated on my dad. My dad's girlfriend at the time was also treating herself for the same STD. I figure he picked it up from somewhere and infected both women. I knew about the STD because I overheard a conversation btw two of my aunts when I was 11 or 12.

b. An acquaintance parents divorced after 25 years of marriage, reason being that his mum caught his dad giving the house help head. Something he had persistently refused to give the mum always using the excuse that it was unhygienic, unhealthy and not medically good in all their 25 years of marriage.

c. One of my relative's husband had a messy affair that resulted into a pregnancy and a lot of damage to relationships. I also have twin half sisters courtesy of my father's away matches. A fact that came to light when I was a young adult, these are just a few short stories, there's more but I won't go into it.

2. I'm female and I get chased by married men a lot of the times its amazing the lengths they are willing to go to, just to get laid and it makes me wonder if my anatomy is any different from their wives. The frequency at which I get hit on by married men is starting to make me think my husband would do this too (if I get married). As a matter of fact I've been told by some of these men not to expect 100% fidelity from my spouse. Based on my personal experiences I'm tempted to believe all married men cheat, have cheated at some point in their marriages or may cheat in the future. A tough pill to swallow

3. The prevailing evils of child abuse/molestation by relatives, house helps etc makes my blood run cold. One of my nephews has been a victim and it was perpetuated by an uncle on the father's side.I cannot imagine bringing a child into this world only to have such a misfortune befall him or her. I know God protects people but let's face it there's still evil in this world and bad things happen to good people. I shudder to think of this

4. I've always been a one man gang not by choice but by the circumstances of life. So I usually tend to do things by myself without waiting for help from people or asking for help unless I'm really drowning. My point is- I'm too independent & self reliant that's not a good trait for a successful marriage and the truth is I don't know any other way to live.

Ur so on point I knt help but totally agree wif u.
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by flipflop(f): 10:58am On Sep 04, 2014
Olusanya333: And God give us each different Grace. Like u might one to be single 4 lyf lyk me and end up in Hell.
I don't understand what you are saying. Please rewrite
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by Olusanya333(m): 7:44pm On Sep 04, 2014
flipflop: I don't understand what you are saying. Please rewrite
Hello sweetie
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by okotv(m): 10:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
in short everyone is considering marriage right
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by okotv(m): 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
crackhaus: This thread is not for me grin
find your level quickly
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by okotv(m): 10:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
MizMyColi: I share your sentiments, save for the striked grin
so even a celebrity here is scared of marriage
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by okotv(m): 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
GboyegaD: OP, seems your intentions for this post is to mock people who comment and force your beliefs down their throats.
sorry if I displayed that, did not mean to
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by MizMyColi(f): 11:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
okotv: so even a celebrity here is scared of marriage

Lolest Dear

When I meet the right person, all those fears'll vamonos.
For now, I should enjoy singlehood all I can.
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by okotv(m): 11:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
MizMyColi:

Lolest Dear

When I meet the right person, all those fears'll vamonos.
For now, I should enjoy singlehood all I can.
enjoy single hood cause there is only one chance at it...

by the way, don't you sleep now
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by MizMyColi(f): 11:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
okotv: enjoy single hood cause there is only one chance at it...
by the way, don't you sleep now

LoL
I should ASAP
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by okotv(m): 11:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
MizMyColi:

LoL
I should ASAP
off to bed on my part
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by crackhaus: 11:32am On Oct 03, 2014
okotv: find your level quickly
And you are?
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by okotv(m): 11:38am On Oct 03, 2014
crackhaus:
And you are?
come again
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by TV01(m): 11:46am On Oct 03, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1931502/things-nigerian-women-find-husbands

According to the above thread, the topic of this one should really be "Thread For Those Who are Not Considering Marriage - YET!!!", as 97% of women (adn I'd imagine not to much different for men) will be as some point.

Please don't leave it too long.

TV
Re: Thread For Those Who Are Not Considering Marriage Yet. by okotv(m): 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
TV01 post=/post/26829236:
https://www.nairaland.com/1931502/things-nigerian-women-find-husbands

According to the above thread, the topic of this one should really be "Thread For Those Who are Not Considering Marriage - YET!!!", as 97% of women (adn I'd imagine not to much different for men) will be as some point.

Please don't leave it too long.

TV
noted...thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Missing 10 Month Old Enioluwa Odegbaike / What Was Ur Experience When U Followed Your Mother To The Market / I Had Six Abortions With The Consent Of My Husband.no To The 7th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.