Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,211 members, 7,780,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:22 PM

Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate (2751 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / Can You Marry A Non-graduate? / Can You Marry A Non-graduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 22, 2014
I don't believe education has really matters. As long as he can read, write, think straight and has a matured mind.

But for me o! I can't date talkless of marrying someone I'm better than FINANCIALLY The reason is that I know my weakness and I'm still working on it but if I beta pass you, I'll really find it hard to respect you as my husband. I'm domineering by nature even over those better than me talkless of someone I'm better than. Maybe when I fully control this nasty part of me, I'll reconsider.
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by justi4jesu(f): 6:59am On Aug 22, 2014
Tundeiab: bros no vex o. I no know say you(the uneducated guy) is on nairaland.

You wish... undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by kilokeys(m): 6:59am On Aug 22, 2014
Jazper: I don't believe education has really matters. As long as he can read, write, think straight and has a matured mind.

But for me o! I can't date talkless of marrying someone I'm better than FINANCIALLY The reason is that I know my weakness and I'm still working on it but if I beta pass you, I'll really find it hard to respect you as my husband. I'm domineering by nature even over those better than me talkless of someone I'm better than. Maybe when I fully control this nasty part of me, I'll reconsider.

don't bother urself. its a natural something. like i said in the first comment. relationships are about the "whats in for me?". its a proposal. what makes it different from a business proposal. u would naturally want to have kids with the best genes available. though having a four-wall university education is not necessarily the main thing.. there r many weaklings with a degree.

u need a Man. dont settle for anything less. when u see him ull know.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by kilokeys(m): 7:05am On Aug 22, 2014
Hourglass4real: hmmmmmm...u made an interesting contribution there.

You mentioned the self esteem thingy,I fear that might be present whether those involved admit it to each othr or not even if the man is smart and well to do.

I will also like to knw if it affects the kids later on somehow?

once the esteem issue isnt there. there wouldn't be a problem.
hmmm, my best friend (male) father has a primary school cert. i didnt know until he told me . come and listen to this man speak. or pray. u would be dazed.
how did he do it?..
1. he is a news freak
2. he reads
3. he read his kids books (as funny as it might sound), he would pick up his kids text books and read as they grew, he grew. he taught them some stuff till JSS3.

now he has 4 graduates ( 2 with masters)

isnt that amazing?

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by justi4jesu(f): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2014
kilokeys:

hmmm, my best friend (male) father has a primary school cert. i didnt know until he told me . come and listen to this man speak. or pray. u would be dazed.
how did he do it?..
1. he is a news freak
2. he reads
3. he read his kids books (as funny as it might sound), he would pick up his kids text books and read as they grew, he grew. he taught them some stuff till JSS3.

isnt that amazing?

Thats really amazing but some men wouldn't be that determined to do such.

He sure knew what he wanted.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 9:44am On Aug 22, 2014
kilokeys:

how did he do it?..
1. he is a news freak
2. he reads

isnt that amazing?
It is. Ur friend's fathr didn't hav self esteem issues going by wht u wrote up there...he may just be one in a million, naturally intelligent and zero ego too

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 9:46am On Aug 22, 2014
Tundeiab: Follow your heart girl... Academic achievement is inconsequential. Is he satifies your other criterium. Husbands are hard to find o.
Don't want you to come running back to nairaland when you are 40 say you never marry o. Lol
Finito!
grin
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 22, 2014
We don't even know the person level of education...he no go primary school abi he no finish secondary,abi na university or poly dropout
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2014
Exponental: Under graduate will be a graduate someday. So, nothing wrong with it.
Not an under graduate,I meant som1 that didn't go to the uni at all buh is smart and nice
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 10:08am On Aug 22, 2014
michaelobinna: We don't even know the person level of education...he no go primary school abi he no finish secondary,abi na university or poly dropout
This person might be a secondary school drop out,he speaks well though
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 10:14am On Aug 22, 2014
teeo:

You dey mind them. I strongly believe the op has spent the poor dudes money and now she's forming self esteem nonsense.
Questions like this annoy me. If you don't want to marry don't marry, don't come here and be looking for cheap justification for your actions. That useless graduate that is deceiving you only wants to fuxkk you. angry
Brothr lik I mentioned earlier,I didn't chop no money. There's a post up there were I cleared this. We didn't date nor re we in a r/shp buh we hav been friends for years.I didn't even see dis coming.
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2014
teeo:

You dey mind them. I strongly believe the op has spent the poor dudes money and now she's forming self esteem nonsense.
Questions like this annoy me. If you don't want to marry don't marry, don't come here and be looking for cheap justification for your actions. That useless graduate that is deceiving you only wants to fuxkk you. angry
Brothr lik I mentioned earlier,I didn't chop no money. There's a post up there where I cleared this. We didn't date nor re we in a r/shp buh we hav been friends for years.I didn't even see dis coming...
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by JENMAUCY(f): 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tundeiab: Hahaha I have hit you where it pains you the most ba. Sorry for that sweet heart! At least I can categorically tell you that all the men I know including my humble self do spend on our ladies.
What I was trying to tell the op is not to decide a life partner based on academic achievement.
oh dear, save that thrash for those who need it, she never say the guy is not her match or that the guy is not good based on his academic achievement , she asked if it will have any effect on their kids in future...don't just read and comment,try to read,digest(understand) ,then comment.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
JENMAUCY: oh dear, save that thrash for those who need it, she never say the guy is not her match or that the guy is not good based on his academic achievement , she asked if it will have any effect on their kids in future...don't just read and comment,try to read,digest(understand) ,then comment.
Exactly! U truly undrstand what I'm asking. 1000likes
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
JENMAUCY: oh dear, save that thrash for those who need it, she never say the guy is not her match or that the guy is not good based on his academic achievement , she asked if it will have any effect on their kids in future...don't just read and comment,try to read,digest(understand) ,then comment.
Exactly! U truly undrstand what I'm asking. Any effect on d kids? Or unnecessary friction caused by insecurity on the part of d non-graduate? If the uneducated is d man,wil he try 2 subdue d wife somhow?
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Tundeiab(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Who get this stray goat wey come dey Harrass me like this? I suggest you put your nose where it belongs. I wasn't talking to you by the way.
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nairalanders,we learn every day.Let's hear ur opinions pls. Don't just keep ur view to urselves.

I once had a friend whose hubby made her drop out of sch in her 300level,nw she isn't happy abt dat decision.

A graduate will hardly tell an undergraduate wife to be 2 quit school.

There are also cases where aftr d wedding some of this guys tell their new wives wht type of job she cld keep or not.

Would there always be a need to show he's d boss due to insecurity or are some ppl comfortable with it?

Those that are already married pls share ur view with us abeg
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Tundeiab(m): 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
Love they say conquers all. Are your parents or by extension your grand parents educated? Didn't you or your parents turn out better ? She is just looking for an excuse to leave the guy!
Finito!
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 1:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tundeiab: Love they say conquers all. Are your parents or by extension your grand parents educated? Didn't you or your parents turn out better ? She is just looking for an excuse to leave the guy!
Finito!
That's not true...I'm not looking for excuse. As for grand parents,I don't think they had such issues. They had a level ground to play.

Like I mentioned earlier this is a dear friend not someone I'm in a r/shp with,ok?
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Tundeiab(m): 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hourglass4real: That's not true...I'm not looking for excuse. As for grand parents,I don't think they had such issues. They had a level ground to play.

Like I mentioned earlier this is a dear friend not someone I'm in a r/shp with,ok?
Ok ma. Wish you all the best in all your endeavours.
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tundeiab: Ok ma. Wish you all the best in all your endeavours.
U too... Do you now see where I'm coming from? Wht my fear is mainly?
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Tundeiab(m): 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hourglass4real: U too... Do you now see where I'm coming from? Wht my fear is mainly?
yea I see. I believe you can encourage him to further his education. We have many part time programs that can easily be assessed. I don't believe there is any body that is unredeemable.
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by JENMAUCY(f): 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tundeiab: Who get this stray goat wey come dey Harrass me like this? I suggest you put your nose where it belongs. I wasn't talking to you by the way.
Definitely,you are not talking to me,but you are talking to a lady,besides, is this the way you adress your so-call girlfriend,who you spend on? I don't only pity her, I also feel sorry for her if truly you have any.
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by JENMAUCY(f): 5:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tundeiab: Love they say conquers all. Are your parents or by extension your grand parents educated? Didn't you or your parents turn out better ? She is just looking for an excuse to leave the guy!
Finito!
my dear,understanding matters. I can see you lack it,take care
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Tundeiab(m): 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
JENMAUCY: my dear,understanding matters. I can see you lack it,take care
You are such a pathetic low life.
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Tundeiab(m): 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
JENMAUCY: Definitely,you are not talking to me,but you are talking to a lady,besides, is this the way you adress your so-call girlfriend,who you spend on? I don't only pity her, I also feel sorry for her if truly you have any.
With your attitude, I doubt you will able to sustain your marriage.
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by tempem: 9:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tundeiab: Guy, I am not being judgemental here. Just giving her reason not break the poor guys heart, cos if she does there will be nemesis sooner or later.
For sure, man.... But don't make it harsh next time, bro..... how has been your day?
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Tundeiab(m): 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
tempem:
For sure, man.... But don't make it harsh next time, bro..... how has been your day?
Thanks man! My day was cool. Hope yours was worthwhile ?
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by tempem: 9:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hourglass4real: @tempem,thank u! That's exactly what I need. Let's hear ur own view on this please
Am 'bout optin in, but she doesn't like me..... I just have to be on my levelz.
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 9:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
tempem:
Am 'bout optin in, but she doesn't like me..... I just have to be on my levelz.
How do u knw she doesn't like u? There's no harm in trying grin
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by Hourglass4real: 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tundeiab: With your attitude, I doubt you will able to sustain your marriage.
whoa! That was harsh nau...
Re: Nairalanders, What's Your View On A Graduate Marrying A Non-graduate by tempem: 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hourglass4real: How do u knw she doesn't like u? There's no harm in trying grin
you have a point there.... Lemme let her be, She's still undergoing her training.... And am still an undergraduate..... The girl is just too strict for my liken. she never acts like I might be holding a space in her heart. hopefully, If I could get someone like her or better still an undergraduate too, who we can roll on together.... Buh to me, it's never a crime hooking up with suchlike ones.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Accept Her Back Or Not? / Is He Still Angry?? / Many Ladies Are Always Wishing To Kiss Guys With Pink Lips.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.