Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia (12219 Views)

Outstanding Fees! Delta State First Class Scholarship Students Stranded Abroad / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David / FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by BrAkingNews: 5:55am On Aug 22, 2014
h
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by tete7000(m): 5:55am On Aug 22, 2014
s3nn2x: Everything for Naija na war. If you dey do gentle man, you go old.

I wonder why it is only when there is an outburst before the government do their job....Federal, State and Local Government...they are all guilty.

My brother the reason is probably simple: The money has been released since but somebody somewhere has been trading with it. With the noise, the person got scared of being exposed and immediately released the money. This is the modus operandi of those managing the affair of our nation. It callous and wicked, to think many who behave like this are people of great standing in various churches and mosques is what makes it ever more painful to me. So much evil in our land. How do we romance with so much evil and callousness and expect blessings from God? It's quite pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by temitemi1(m): 6:05am On Aug 22, 2014
That's what I call power of journalism!!!
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by lilprinze: 6:08am On Aug 22, 2014
englishmart: uncle, this space you are booking, there is someone oOoooooooooooooo
lol the person before or after me??
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by pussypounder(m): 6:15am On Aug 22, 2014
k
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by synergycom19: 6:18am On Aug 22, 2014
Those days it use to be like 10 to13 in an average family/one wife. My father has three wives, just do the maths.
But we never have to bother where, when or how the food will come. Or school fees will be paid.
Today most of my earnings ends on feeding a family of three children and the balance+other income for school fees and house rents. Even the contribution of my wife salary is hardly noticed because I earn more than twice hers.
The economy is being grounded to a halts by the following
1, Lack of effective policy/implementation on national productivity by the Government economic planners
2,Lack of understanding of the Nigerian economic dynamics by the mostly Foreign Based So called economic experts of the Government
3, Lack of understanding what unemployment is
4, Not knowing the meaning of and proportionality between employments&productivity&revenue generation.
5,Allowing BOKO HARAM to destroy what is left of the economy

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by chronique(m): 6:19am On Aug 22, 2014
It's obvious the money had been released a long time ago. Probably just sitting in the account of a geeedy f00L. This is what the greed and corruption prevalent amongst the average Nigerians can cause.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by YoursGEJ(m): 6:24am On Aug 22, 2014
johndanny:
Akindamola, who is the President of the
Senate Committee of Association of Nigerian
Scholarship Students in Russia, said, “The
payment of the money is in process and I am
confident that by the end of today, we would
all have been paid. The least problem we
want now is to be financially handicapped.
We appreciate the Federal Government for
their prompt response.”

www.punchng.com/news/fg-pays-allowances-of-scholarship-students-in-russia/

After eight months of untold hardship?! Prompt response indeed. If the Punch had not reported the story, one cursed oga at the top at one ministry would have embezzled all the money and would not have been prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by dridowu: 6:41am On Aug 22, 2014
Yet someone will say that You don't need to protest to get what is your right.
Shame On FG

3 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 22, 2014
EIGHT MONTHS AS IN JAN FEB MARCH APRIL MAY JUNE JULY AUGUST?

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by teebarbie(f): 6:50am On Aug 22, 2014
I wish every youth in Nigeria would protest about unemployment too cause its obvious thats the only language our leaders understand.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by DaGC(m): 7:09am On Aug 22, 2014
Its funny that a couple posters just called over N700,000 paid to a student for 8months 'chicken change' and not appreciating the purpose its for. Most workers don't get N700k over an 8 month period.

Well, glad its been finally resolved. Carry on with your studies students. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by johndanny(m): 7:11am On Aug 22, 2014
Nigerian Government na push and start, if u don't push them sorry na there u go remain...at last I made front page..

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by inteli: 7:25am On Aug 22, 2014
I think Nairaland played a big part in this result we are seeing. Kudos to Nairaland for the exposure. wink

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by kevoh(m): 7:28am On Aug 22, 2014
Someone please tell those scholars not to go on a spending spree and save for next year because it's going to be the same story of unpaid allowances.

Advice from me, a former beneficiary of the BEA scholarship.

3 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Praktikals(m): 7:51am On Aug 22, 2014
popson1st: What if they had not protest?
Someone missed (or is missing) English Language classes
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Deepfreezer(m): 8:01am On Aug 22, 2014
thumbs up FG.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by greall1: 8:26am On Aug 22, 2014
Eti to gbo alo loma gbo abo. Nice 1 FG.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by maclatunji: 8:41am On Aug 22, 2014
Shame on the Federal Government for waiting for some of the girls to become strippers before paying them their entitlements. Has anyone been sacked for this or did this failure come from the highest levels of government?

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Fantacy1(m): 8:49am On Aug 22, 2014
Shame on FG 4 dis. So dey ve 2 wait until news report/protests b4 dey cud do d needful

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by agitator: 8:56am On Aug 22, 2014
s3nn2x: Everything for Naija na war. If you dey do gentle man, you go old.

I wonder why it is only when there is an outburst before the government do their job....Federal, State and Local Government...they are all guilty.

Most times for Federal and State the Executive may have released the cash but a minister/commissioning, director or perm sec deposits the money in a fixed deposit account to yeild interest for him/her. Sometimes they don't pay the full amount or pay some people their due.

It is one reason I'm agitated when people cry out and some iiiidiots would come and say don't bad mouth your government abi don't wash your dirty linen in public. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by richyfunky(m): 9:00am On Aug 22, 2014
I'm so happy for those, being financially stranded in a foreign land is traumatic

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Tinyemeka(m): 9:13am On Aug 22, 2014
Seems it wasn't the government who had been owing. Probably a collusion between the account signatories.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by texazzpete(m): 9:13am On Aug 22, 2014
DaGC: Its funny that a couple posters just called over N700,000 paid to a student for 8months 'chicken change' and not appreciating the purpose its for. Most workers don't get N700k over an 8 month period.

Well, glad its been finally resolved. Carry on with your studies students. Good luck.

That Isn't a staggering sum. The students are likely paying hundreds of dollars monthly for rent. When you factor in costs of transport, feeding and warm clothing, the money is nearly all used up.

You're also committing the cardinal error of looking at the naira equivalent.

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by wyzvic004(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2014
u badt oo...
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by wickyyolo: 9:25am On Aug 22, 2014
The money is been allocated but some people were sitting on it.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by popson1st: 9:27am On Aug 22, 2014
Praktikals:
Someone missed (or is missing) English Language classes

So, you are here to criticize my English abi? As if you are better. Mtccheww..
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by scobaba: 9:31am On Aug 22, 2014
Thank God ooo.

Being broke in Naija sef is a problem, come be say u broke for country wey dey fight war and u no from that country..na gbege.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by desess(f): 9:32am On Aug 22, 2014
Nice development sha....in Nigeria,u must take everything by force...they should also pay federal government scholarship for undergraduates in Nigeria...i am a recipent and i have not been paid dis year...make i follow protest?

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by deniyor: 9:35am On Aug 22, 2014
This is just not a fair treatment. How are they supposed to survive for those eight months? Some of them have turned themselves into crime and prostitution just to survive.
Sad thing is, it's probably someone just sitting on their money.

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by hardbody: 9:40am On Aug 22, 2014
alaladakosta: And someone embezzled it. Crazy people.

More importantly no one will get punished for keeping the money away from the beneficiaries either with intent to misappropriate or at least illegally enrich himself through the proceeds of interests accruing from those funds illegally detained.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by stinggy(m): 9:52am On Aug 22, 2014
Luvdmx: cool
Oversized, undersized, 69, Pedophile

Lwkmd grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Saddening Collapse Of Education In Nigeria / Ikpeazu Reduces Tuition Fees For Abians In ABSU By N10,000 / Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.