Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,398 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia (12221 Views)

Outstanding Fees! Delta State First Class Scholarship Students Stranded Abroad / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David / FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by igboboy1(m): 10:35am On Aug 22, 2014
johndanny: The Federal Government has paid the eight
months allowances it owed the over 322
Nigerian students on the Bilateral Educational
Agreement scholarship in Russia.
The PUNCH had exclusively reported on
Tuesday that the failure by the Federal
Government to pay the allowances of the
students had forced them into begging and
resorting to illegal jobs, which put them at
risk of deportation in Russia.
Following the report, our correspondent
gathered on Thursday that the students had
since started getting credit alerts on their
respective bank accounts.
One of the affected students, Moyosore
Ojuri,
who is in her second year studying
Metallurgical Engineering at the Volgograd
State Technical University, Russia, told our
correspondent on the telephone that the sum
of $4,450 had been paid into her bank
account.
The money, she explained, included $4,000
meant for her stipends from January to
August; $200 for annual medicals and health
insurance, and $250 covering her annual
protective clothing.
Ojuri said she hoped that the Federal
Government would begin paying them their
allowances as at when due and save them
from undue hardships.
“Before now, the Federal Government owed
us from January to August. But now they
have paid us everything. I can pay my
accumulated debts and I am sure that I won’t
be sent packing from the hostel over unpaid
accommodation fees,” she said.
One of the student leaders, Akinola
Akindamola,
a post-graduate student of the
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Volgograd State Technical University,
Russia, stated that he and other student
leaders were going round to ensure that all of
them, especially the new students, had
received their allowances.
Akindamola, who is the President of the
Senate Committee of Association of Nigerian
Scholarship Students in Russia, said, “The
payment of the money is in process and I am
confident that by the end of today, we would
all have been paid. The least problem we
want now is to be financially handicapped.
We appreciate the Federal Government for
their prompt response.”
When contacted, the Director, Press and
Public Relations, Federal Ministry of
Education, Abuja, Mr. Olu Lipede, confirmed
that the Federal Government had paid the
students all their entitlements.

www.punchng.com/news/fg-pays-allowances-of-scholarship-students-in-russia/

OK na one section of the country dey run the show for this scholarship level enh... ok we are watching...
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by poik(m): 11:36am On Aug 22, 2014
My question is, must things get this bad before the government acts? Supposing the beneficiaries had nowhere to borrow money to keep up before this payment comes? What about the ladies who may contact 'the big one' from lascivious involvements? Simply avoidable situations
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by zurine(f): 11:59am On Aug 22, 2014
wow
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Mj45: 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hope they will also pay the 15 months SALARY they owe the newly regularized ex-part-time teachers of federal government schools.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by chloride6: 1:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
DaGC: Its funny that a couple posters just called over N700,000 paid to a student for 8months 'chicken change' and not appreciating the purpose its for. Most workers don't get N700k over an 8 month period.

Well, glad its been finally resolved. Carry on with your studies students. Good luck.

Bro , the cost of living aint the same.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by DaGC(m): 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
chloride6:

Bro , the cost of living aint the same.

You are the 2nd person quoting me about my earlier comment. I do know about the cost of living. But both of you failed to see the context I meant in my statement. This is money from the govt for your upkeep (they've paid your fees), so its more or less like free money. There are other Nigerian students on scholarships in Malaysia, Singapore, Belarus and the rest. So a govt being able to pay almost a N100k/month to all its students in these countries for upkeep should be commended and not called 'chicken change'. It should be appreciated; afterall, there are several other african nationals on scholarships in same countries and they don't receive sh1t.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
Why do they have to wait for them to beg like paupers for food first before paying their allowances? That is after disgracing the country! Jeez! angry lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by tabaralph: 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
thats naija for you,i said it earlier that some big ogas at the top deposited these money into their fixed deposit to yield unmerited interested but thank GOD they ve been BURSTED
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by spiralwedge(m): 1:50am On Aug 23, 2014
DaGC:

You are the 2nd person quoting me about my earlier comment. I do know about the cost of living. But both of you failed to see the context I meant in my statement. This is money from the govt for your upkeep (they've paid your fees), so its more or less like free money. There are other Nigerian students on scholarships in Malaysia, Singapore, Belarus and the rest. So a govt being able to pay almost a N100k/month to all its students in these countries for upkeep should be commended and not called 'chicken change'. It should be appreciated; afterall, there are several other african nationals on scholarships in same countries and they don't receive sh1t.

this man, stop posting shyt. no make me vex abeg
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by DaGC(m): 6:18am On Aug 23, 2014
spiralwedge:

this man, stop posting shyt. no make me vex abeg

And if you vex, wetin go happen? undecided
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Adamidi(m): 1:37pm On Aug 23, 2014
omò!!!!!!..this students still dey alive.? hunger shld hv stroke dem by now na.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by spiralwedge(m): 5:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
DaGC:

And if you vex, wetin go happen? undecided

e be like say dem never flog ur nyansh with koboko before
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by DaGC(m): 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
spiralwedge:

e be like say dem never flog ur nyansh with koboko before

Ogbeni, shut up and go suck old mama breas.t.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Redstone(m): 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
Our government should start doing things right. People are tired of all these crappy and irresponsible behavior.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by HastaCuando(m): 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2015
Nigeria...
Nigeria...
Nigeria...
why are you still starving students abroad
Stop giving scholarships na... Haba!!!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/2759300/federal-government-bea-scholarship-students

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Verbal Reasoning / The Saddening Collapse Of Education In Nigeria / Apply For NIIT Nigeria Scholarship For Nigerian Students 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.