Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,944 members, 7,806,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World (13843 Views)

Marriage Customs Of Okrika People In River State, Nigeria / The Strange Custom Of Celebrating "Traditional" Marriages Abroad / Some Strange Traditions That Would Freak You Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by sirjohnson(m): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
wow
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by shadowwalker101: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
na wa oo
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
angry ewwwww xo irritating. . .
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Dreyl(m): 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
So strange and gross!
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by DonaldGenes(m): 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
I wanna puke eeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by abdulaz: 12:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
This world is filled with weird things. Quite an educative post though.
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by SMALLPENIS(f): 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
kayojosephy: All of dese are gidi gan.....Love d last one though....

I say this one is strong oo!!!
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ewwwwwww! I'm so gonna puke now. lipsrsealed
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Lailerh(f): 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
lipsrsealed grin OP, I heard that after giving birth, Korean mothers aren't allowed to do anything for at least 21 days to recover and should only eat warm foods/drinks even when the temperature is high. They are also expected to eat gallons of seaweed soup which is supposed to aid in post-delivery recovery.

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by chinex276(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
I hate asians they do everything in a disgusting way.

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by deeobserver209(m): 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
This is highly barbaric. That's just pure cannibalism. sad

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by jeddyMay(f): 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2014

unclean cause of pregnancy oga ooo......

i like the last one grin... its funny
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by solara: 1:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
[quote author=QAPHAYNE]3) SPITTING ON THE BABY:

The Wolof people of Mauritania and surrounding
countries believe that human saliva can retain words, so
they spit on newborns to add blessings that stick. When
a baby is born, women spit on its face, men spit in its
ear, and then, for good measure, they rub saliva all over
its head.
The Igbo tribe in Nigeria goes a step further. When a
baby is born, it goes to the family’s ancestral house.
There, a relative who is a good orator chews some
alligator pepper, spits it on a finger, and puts it in the
baby’s mouth. This supposedly makes the child grow up
to be just as good an orator as the donor of the spit.

HUGE LIE!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by ElFenomeno1: 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
undecided
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
this one of the best information i have ever seen on nairaland, oww jeez i am going mad grin hmm hola seun keep watching i have come to understand that you scold ypour mobs yesterday cos it took alot of time for a new post to come up until it was eradicated
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by kennz(f): 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
Wonda shall neva end. so many culture nd belifs. May we b kiafu n choosing d rght one so God wunt be angry ooooop.
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
kayojosephy: All of dese are gidi gan.....Love d last one though....

You too like playgrin
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
shadowwalker101: [img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
na wa oo

The elusive and legendary shadow walker, am delighted.
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
pelij: this one of the best information i have ever seen on nairaland, oww jeez i am going mad grin hmm hola seun keep watching i have come to understand that you scold ypour mobs yesterday cos it took alot of time for a new post to come up until it was eradicated

Thank you for your kind words
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Johniyke2flex(m): 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
QAPHAYNE: . Its quite extinct now. But in those days in some part of ibo land its seen as a sign of feminine strength

Are u negatively obsessed with the igbos? Abeg dis is a very big lie! The Igbos have always been known to take special care of their wives since time immemorial, especially the pregnant ones. And dis they do far better than any other tribe you can think of.
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
chinex276: I hate asians they do everything in a disgusting way.

Except phones. At least am yet to see a disgusting tecno phonegrin
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
Lailerh: lipsrsealed grin OP, I heard that after giving birth, Korean mothers aren't allowed to do anything for at least 21 days to recover and should only eat warm foods/drinks even when the temperature is high. They are also expected to eat gallons of seaweed soup which is supposed to aid in post-delivery recovery.

Hehehehehe I neva hia dat one ogrin. Gallons of wetin again;F
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by niggereyez(f): 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
seriously. .. eating of placenta. ..? ??
damn! ....
spitting on baby.... abi rubbing wit spit...
hmn... Ebola dey oh.
number 10 is kool shaa cool
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
abdulaz: This world is filled with weird things. Quite an educative post though.

Thank you sir. Also checkout https://www.nairaland.com/1867861/10-things-deceptively-complex
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Bryan12(m): 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
That baby racing thingy go make real sense.imagine having my toddler participate in such.....mehn I will teach him all the moves.
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by dammyjay93(m): 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
2cato: Since they it are is the coustoms custom and traditions tradition of the people tthe then their there is nothing wrong and disgustting disgusting about it.
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
niggereyez: seriously. .. eating of placenta. ..? ??
damn! ....
spitting on baby.... abi rubbing wit spit...
hmn... Ebola dey oh.
number 10 is kool shaa cool

Abeg na ebola free spitting ogrin
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
rozzay: Hmmmmmmmmmm

Even aunty rozzay come my post, this is great I used to read ya posts as a guest, abeg wey samer1212 ya baby boogrin
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by arewaqueen: 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
To add to that. The Hausa/fulani and other tribes in the north frown at women screaming and crying during childbirth. So most women from the north predominantly muslims do not shout,scream or cry when in labor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization / Sa’ad Abubakar: Nigerian Masses In Difficult Times / About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.