Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World (13844 Views)

Marriage Customs Of Okrika People In River State, Nigeria / The Strange Custom Of Celebrating "Traditional" Marriages Abroad / Some Strange Traditions That Would Freak You Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by chinex276(m): 1:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
QAPHAYNE:

Except phones. At least am yet to see a disgusting tecno phonegrin
so on point

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
I will never give birth to my kids in Nigeria. angry angry angry
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
zleemshaddy: angry ewwwww xo irritating. . .

Even the last one?angry
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
glitest: I will never give birth to my kids in Nigeria. angry angry angry

Honey that's not what we planned nagrin
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
Pals don't forget to check out my other post: https://www.nairaland.com/1867861/10-things-deceptively-complex

Its fun as well
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by daveP(m): 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
@ OP, il like to know if the dipping of newborns in hot, steaming water in ghana is true. ( only heard a doctor from there tell me that) i wonder if thats y theyre so black.
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
QAPHAYNE:

Even aunty rozzay come my post, this is great I used to read ya posts as a guest, abeg wey samer1212 ya baby boogrin
Thank u dear. He s @ work I just served him hiis lunch. Nice thread left me speechless
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
rozzay:
Thank u dear. He s @ work I just served him hiis lunch. Nice thread left me speechless

GRACIAS GRACIAS #faints#grin
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
QAPHAYNE:

Honey that's not what we planned nagrin

#side eye#
Who bi you?.

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by omoredia: 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
!##$^

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
daveP: @ OP, il like to know if the dipping of newborns in hot, steaming water in ghana is true. ( only heard a doctor from there tell me that) i wonder if thats y theyre so black.

Its largely unconfirmed
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by flipflop(f): 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
@OP, good post! Keep it up. Lol at no 9, where a chinese woman has to keep a knife under her pillow. cheesy thank God I'm not chinese, because the way i roll around when I sleep, I might just wake up one night with the knife stuck in my eye! grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
Disgusting!
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
flipflop: @OP, good post! Keep it up. Lol at no 9, where a chinese woman has to keep a knife under her pillow. cheesy thank God I'm not chinese, because the way i roll around when I sleep, I might just wake up one night with the knife stuck in my eye! grin

Thanks my sis.

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
YoungDaNaval: Disgusting!
:>wink
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by daveP(m): 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
QAPHAYNE:

Its largely unconfirmed
issokay. Thanks
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by OXYGEN01: 5:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
daveP: @ OP, il like to know if the dipping of newborns in hot, steaming water in ghana is true. ( only heard a doctor from there tell me that) i wonder if thats y theyre so black.
n nigerians ain't black abi?

3 Likes

Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by fr3do(m): 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
QAPHAYNE: 6) UNASSISTED NIGERIAN BIRTHS:

In parts of Nigeria, pregnant women are supposed to
give birth alone. Midwives and other support come in
after the delivery, but the woman is expected to go
through the process itself without any help.
This custom has more to do with poverty and women’s
low social standing
than with independence. In a lot of
cases, the families simply don’t support asking for
outside help, no matter how much the mother needs it.
Some organizations are responding to the trend by
entering rural areas and offering help. Unaided, mothers
who give birth often suffer miscarriages or other
complications.

Bad baseless propagandistic stereotypic talk.
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by daveP(m): 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
OXYGEN01: n nigerians ain't black abi?
the kind of skin micheal essien, osei kuffour, john boye ( total black) thats what im referring to. Besides,i only brought it up cos i a doc that was there told me.......
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by OXYGEN01: 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
daveP: the kind of skin micheal essien, osei kuffour, john boye ( total black) thats what im referring to. Besides,i only brought it up cos i a doc that was there told me.......
dnt deceive urself. Don't u see Ghanaians celebrities? n besides there are more total black skins in nigeria than in Ghana so I dnt get your point.
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by SantaMafia: 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hahahahaha nigayria? Bvllsh1t country inhabited by azzholes and thieving scvmbags grin

only heard from a doctor from nigeria that nurses at hospitals in that country use torchlight to deliver babies at night due to lack of electricity. https://www.nairaland.com/1282283/nurses-use-mobile-phone-torchlights#15605877

as a result, babies born in that country suffer all forms of deformities and brain dysfunction! and as a result, they are some of the dumbest in the world!
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by kingston277(m): 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
OXYGEN01: n nigerians ain't black abi?
Shhh. He doesn't like to think so grin
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Abuloma80(f): 1:33am On Aug 23, 2014
NO 6. UNASSITED NIGERIAN BIRTH.

This is so true with most FULANIS. Its a sign of modesty and bravery.
The womans stays in her room and keeps to herself all the labour pain.
Not a single noise that will show she is in labour i.e. no groanning, screeming nor shauting. Unlike other tribes the woman shauts, screems and even tear her
clothes all because she is in labour or delivering.

The Fulani woman quitely endures the labour and delivers her baby all alone,
thereafter she calls either neighbours or inlaws (if leaving with them) who come to assist with bathing the baby and cleaning the room. Infact others go extra mile by bathing the baby cleaning the room before informing others.
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by Lailerh(f): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2014
QAPHAYNE:

Hehehehehe I neva hia dat one ogrin. Gallons of wetin again;F
SEAWEED SOUP grin grin
Re: 10 Strange Birth Customs From Around The World by QAPHAYNE: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2014
Abuloma80: NO 6. UNASSITED NIGERIAN BIRTH.

This is so true with most FULANIS. Its a sign of modesty and bravery.
The womans stays in her room and keeps to herself all the labour pain.
Not a single noise that will show she is in labour i.e. no groanning, screeming nor shauting. Unlike other tribes the woman shauts, screems and even tear her
clothes all because she is in labour or delivering.

The Fulani woman quitely endures the labour and delivers her baby all alone,
thereafter she calls either neighbours or inlaws (if leaving with them) who come to assist with bathing the baby and cleaning the room. Infact others go extra mile by bathing the baby cleaning the room before informing others.
. Woooooooooooow thanks for sharing. Didn't knoow this o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization / Sa’ad Abubakar: Nigerian Masses In Difficult Times / About The Edo's/benin's. . . "oba Gha To Kpe Re"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.