Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,022 members, 7,807,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October (21724 Views)

APC Begins Governorship Campaign In Rivers State(photos) / US 'begins Process' To Lift Arms Embargo On Nigeria / APC Begins ‘walk The Ward’ Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
donphilopus:

If he had mentioned Kwankwaso, I wouldn't have bothered “much”, but Atiku?! They all said APC wouldn't be registered as a Party, but today, the story has changed to APC would scatter if Atiku does not win its Presidential Primaries. They're all bunch of Hypocrites!
The ticket is between Kwankwaso or Gen Muhammadu Buhari. While I am in favor of Engr Rabiu Kwankwaso(and hope he wins it), should Gen Buhari be given the ticket, I will deploy all my resources to campaign for his candidacy and his victory. I am certain that Any candidate of APC will be a performer due to the people around APC. You can't compare APC states to PDP controlled states.

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by PointB: 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
That's the process that will unravel them.

The disappointment many of the gladiators in this Anger and Pain Contraption will feel when their expectation are cut short by the scheming Tinubu will be of mega proportion. I see many of these APC chieftains scampering in different direction and looking for a party join after the contraption's presidential primary.

Let's the end begin!!

6 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by djfaithy: 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
donphilopus:

Or, he's coming back to loot more, rather!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by donphilopus: 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
talktimi: i dey laugh. There's no need to engage you in insultive rants the way you want, you have already exposed your level of reasoning. The same man you claim has no "level" in his state is the one APC made a member of their board of trustees, its either you know something your party leaders dont know or your party leaders are daft for according him such respectable position. I still dey laugh you sha because even YOU know that the ONLY nationwide marketable northern candidate the APC has is Atiku. Next time dont ever insinuate that im afraid of Buhari, thats a stvpid thought

What you don't know is that there's no way they would have selected people into their BoT without including Atiku a former VP. If Ali Modu Sheriff hadn't decamped, he would have also been included. Is Tom Ikimi not also there now? Didn't he lose APC Chairmanship Election to Oyegun?!

And for you to say Atiku is marketable shows that you don't know the meaning of marketable, or marketable has another definition in your dictionary!

2 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by djfaithy: 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
PointB: That's the process that will unravel them.

The disappointment many of the gladiators in this Anger and Pain Contraption will feel when their expectation are cut short by the scheming Tinubu will be of mega proportion. I see many of these APC chieftains scampering in different direction and looking for a party join after the contraption's presidential primary.

Let's the end begin!!
what should I call this ? Wishful thinking or story for the gods ? Let me guess»»»»»»»» APCphobearic story for the gods gringrin. Chai patience suppose con hire me as her ingilish lecturer

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
barcanista: The ticket is between Kwankwaso or Gen Muhammadu Buhari. While I am in favor of Engr Rabiu Kwankwaso(and hope he wins it), should Gen Buhari be given the ticket, I will deploy all my resources to campaign for his candidacy and his victory. I am certain that Any candidate of APC will be a performer due to the people around APC. You can't compare APC states to PDP controlled states.

I understand your preference for Gov Kwakwanso but the stark reality as at today is that APC will labour to sculpture the Kwakwanso brand into the subconscious of Nigerians with just few months to the elections just like Ribadu candidature fails to resonate with people who said he needs time to build his brand before people can take him seriously......as if they knew better because the man have gone back to his vomit

Also for now,it will be counter-productive to give a PDP decampee the Presidential ticket of the APC......Kwakwanso should 'suffer' a little in the trenches and bear the brunt of the attack on the opposition just like Buhari have done all these years,only then can we say he is truly committed to opposition politicking because you and i know that being in opposition is very daunting and herculean

It will back-fire and lead credence to the statement that APC=PDP if the presidential ticket of APC for now is given to someone with the DNA of PDP....

Buhari has weathered the storm......he has taken the propaganda of the PDP with equanimity and his brand has not suffered any dent,in fact he has gained a whole lot from the camp of those who are disappointed in the I HAVE NO SHOE crooner

Buhari has pure,unadulterated,none-money induced cultic followership which cuts across the Nation and religion of about 15million such that if elections were to be held tomorrow and it is free and fair.......even without a VP candidate,Buhari will gross between 12-15million votes

So until Buhari says he is not going to contest 2015,he remains the only one in APC that can pulverise PDP to smithreens.....

Atiku is a no contest.......he already shot himself in the foot a long time ago

8 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by donphilopus: 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
barcanista: The ticket is between Kwankwaso or Gen Muhammadu Buhari. While I am in favor of Engr Rabiu Kwankwaso(and hope he wins it), should Gen Buhari be given the ticket, I will deploy all my resources to campaign for his candidacy and his victory. I am certain that Any candidate of APC will be a performer due to the people around APC. You can't compare APC states to PDP controlled states.

Although Kwankwaso is good, but I wouldn't want a situation whereby our campaign wouldn't be able to flow well because we wouldn't be able to campaign against PDP reason being that the person bearing our flag was once part of the PDP. Buhari would be the most marketable aspirant with a good VP from the South!
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
donphilopus:

Although Kwankwaso is good, but I wouldn't want a situation whereby our campaign wouldn't be able to flow well because we wouldn't be able to campaign against PDP reason being that the person bearing our flag was once part of the PDP. Buhari would be the most marketable aspirant with a good VP from the South!
Well you have a point. though he was a Progressive even in PDP in terms of ideologies and leadership style just like Amaechi. But your sentiment is legitimate, as it will mean rewarding a "newbie" of the party over those that has toiled with the Party. Though I still want him because of his discipline and leadership style, should APC field Gen Buhari, I will tailor my campaign to his candidacy. Jonathan and PDP is a NO-NO. I'd rather sit at home than vote for the PDP.

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
soroptimist:

I understand your preference for Gov Kwakwanso but the stark reality as at today is that APC will labour to sculpture the Kwakwanso brand into the subconscious of Nigerians with just few months to the elections just like Ribadu candidature fails to resonate with people who said he needs time to build his brand before people can take him seriously......as if they knew better because the man have gone back to his vomit

Also for now,it will be counter-productive to give a PDP decampee the Presidential ticket of the APC......Kwakwanso should 'suffer' a little in the trenches and bear the brunt of the attack on the opposition just like Buhari have done all these years,only then can we say he is truly committed to opposition politicking because you and i know that being in opposition is very daunting and herculean
It will back-fire and lead credence to the statement that APC=PDP if the presidential ticket of APC for now is given to someone with the DNA of PDP....

Buhari has weathered the storm......he has taken the propaganda of the PDP with equanimity and his brand has not suffered any dent,in fact he has gained a whole lot from the camp of those who are disappointed in the I HAVE NO SHOE crooner

Buhari has pure,unadulterated,none-money induced cultic followership which cuts across the Nation and religion of about 15million such that if elections were to be held tomorrow and it is free and fair.......even without a VP candidate,Buhari will gross between 12-15million votes

So until Buhari says he is not going to contest 2015,he remains the only one in APC that can pulverise PDP to smithreens.....

Atiku is a no contest.......he already shot himself in the foot a long time ago

I have also thought about the emboldened but nonetheless lets see how it goes. Atiku is a NO-NO, he lost it when he decamped to PDP in 2010 just as Ribadu has lost his credence. One thing I am confident of is the APC will field a serious candidate that is capable to uproot the deceitful party and government in power
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by donphilopus: 3:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
barcanista: Well you have a point. though he was a Progressive even in PDP in terms of ideologies and leadership style just like Amaechi. But your sentiment is legitimate, as it will mean rewarding a "newbie" of the party over those that has toiled with the Party. Though I still want him because of his discipline and leadership style, should APC field Gen Buhari, I will tailor my campaign to his candidacy. Jonathan and PDP is a NO-NO. I'd rather sit at home than vote for the PDP.

Guy, you have said it all. In as much as I wouldn't vote GEJ, I wouldn't also like to vote people like Atiku. It's either Buhari, or we consider Kwankwaso should Buhari decides not to contest!
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
barcanista: Well you have a point. though he was a Progressive even in PDP in terms of ideologies and leadership style just like Amaechi. But your sentiment is legitimate, as it will mean rewarding a "newbie" of the party over those that has toiled with the Party. Though I still want him because of his discipline and leadership style, should APC field Gen Buhari, I will tailor my campaign to his candidacy. Jonathan and PDP is a NO-NO. I'd rather sit at home than vote for the PDP.

This statement from you is the epitome of party discipline and acquisence to higher logic.....we all should hope that APC gets it permutation and combination right against 2015 in terms of Presidential/VP pairing

PDP have never been more vulnerable than it is presently,that is why they have been trying to remain bullish on the outside but are patently afraid of the discontent of Nigerians against them

The fact is that PDP is afraid of an aware populace which APC is poised to gain from.......

The latest assault on the SW is the height of such fear..........
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
donphilopus:

Guy, you have said it all. In as much as I wouldn't vote GEJ, I wouldn't also like to vote people like Atiku. It's either Buhari, or we consider Kwankwaso should Buhari decides not to contest!
Atiku seem like a desperate man. He contested in 1992 Presidential Poll, 1999 Guber in Adamawa, 2007 Presidential, defected to PDP and lost there. He has now re-defected to APC hoping to win. I don't deal with unprincipled people. Though my preference remain Kwankwaso (Everyone have preferences) but Should Buhari declare and get the ticket, I am sure even Kwankwaso will queue behind him.

2 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
soroptimist:

This statement from you is the epitome of party discipline and acquiescence to higher logic.....we all should hope that APC gets it permutation and combination right against 2015 in terms of Presidential/VP pairing

PDP have never been more vulnerable than it is presently,that is why they have been trying to remain bullish on the outside but are patently afraid of the discontent of Nigerians against them

The fact is that PDP is afraid of an aware populace which APC is poised to gain from.......

The latest assault on the SW is the height of such fear..........
You have echoed my sentiment. The calculation on who APC will pick as its VP is a very strategic one. As it stands today, Nemadi Sambo is inconsequential in Kaduna politics and in his own constituency. Jonathan's is popular in Bayelsa but their meager 500k votes won't have much effect. If not for the muslim-muslim propaganda of the Pro-PDP I'd have preferred Fashola as VP but on a second thought, I prefer he occupies a more effective office like AGF/Justice Minister, Police Affairs Minister, Works Minister or Interior Minister. A South Westerner who is an Intellectual(Fola Adeola comes to mind) or a Popular Christian Politician from the South West(For Strategic Reasons)

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by shadowwalker101: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
let dem pick dey r npt gping any where
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by comos: 3:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
barcanista: You have echoed my sentiment. The calculation on who APC will pick as its VP is a very strategic one. As it stands today, Nemadi Sambo is inconsequential in Kaduna politics and in his own constituency. Jonathan's is popular in Bayelsa but their meager 500k votes won't have much effect. If not for the muslim-muslim propaganda of the Pro-PDP I'd have preferred Fashola as VP but on a second thought, I prefer he occupies a more effective office like AGF/Justice Minister, Police Affairs Minister, Works Minister or Interior Minister. A South Westerner who is an Intellectual(Fola Adeola comes to mind) or a Popular Christian Politician from the South West(For Strategic Reasons)
I am yet to see the mixture that APC will produce to defeat GEJ

8 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by shadowwalker101: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
let them pick
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Harkyn92(m): 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2014
i think buhari will b better for dis race o, let him do it.

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by agitator: 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
If no be buhari, who else tongue tongue tongue
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by chinex276(m): 3:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
A.P.C a Party filled with lozas, come 2015 they'll still lose even if they field barak obama...In abøki's voice: FI DI FI!! Fawah!!!

4 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by rattlesnake(m): 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
They will.not win
But PDP will.not too
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by deletrue: 3:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
nwanna89: They should field el rufai
Hahaha that man too short. How people go see am for campaign ground with that height?
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by farellstone: 3:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
talktimi: i dey laugh. There's no need to engage you in insultive rants the way you want, you have already exposed your level of reasoning. The same man you claim has no "level" in his state is the one APC made a member of their board of trustees, its either you know something your party leaders dont know or your party leaders are daft for according him such respectable position. I still dey laugh you sha because even YOU know that the ONLY nationwide marketable northern candidate the APC has is Atiku. Next time dont ever insinuate that im afraid of Buhari, thats a stvpid thought
you can't even make a viable point,go sit down and understudy someone who knows politics.

2 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by chimerase2: 3:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
donphilopus: Sai Buhari. Atiku shouldn't waste his time and resources because nobody would wanna vote for him. How can we say PDP has failed us for 16yrs and at the end we would still field somebody from that party as our Presidential Candidate?! It ain't done. Wetin we go even yearn for campaign sef?!
wetin we go cm yan for buhari own undecided
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by adrainuche(m): 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
Wat the fck is Zoning Nigerians and Mediocracy like Zobo and fried Fish..

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by experimentist: 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Aall we are saying is, give us GMB

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by chimerase2: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
The greatest mistake is to pick any of the three listed above
1. Atiku is a serial looter mention it he was the reason y PDP had a bad name well dem still get bad name kwakwa
2. Kwankwoso is relatively unkown even in the north there re most pple frm oda state dat don't knw him
3. Then the main man the serial looser himself wetin the vex me for him own na he no de tire wich kind record u neva break in terms of loosing an election, u dn break olympic record countless times na world record nw u wn break? them born u born rule, na by force to rule nigeria eh angry
Me I nid a credible candidate frm APC to oust johnathan if dem fit

2 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by greall1: 3:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by mistudreh(m): 4:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
2cato: this ur lie is nothing but tales by sunlight. APC are well known for the imposition of candidate without adhering to internal democratic process
This is APC not ACN... Gone are the days of imposition of candidate...

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
adrainuche: Wat the fck is Zoning Nigerians and Mediocracy like Zobo and fried Fish..

I was just about to ask. What is zoning? Nigerian electoral process is seriously effed up. I just learned that the incumbent party gets to campaign for a full year, while opposition parties are not allowed to declare and campaign until October... FOUR MONTHS before the actual election.

Did you know that in Nigeria's history, an incumbent president has never lost an election before his limit was up? Do you think that's a coincidence?

1 Like

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by hilariousdammie(m): 4:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
I just love this party naturally.........(APC)............ No matter who the presidential candidate is APC own my vote undecided

2 Likes

Re: APC Begins Process To Pick Presidential Candidate October by gebest: 4:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
Rabiu Kwankwaso is the most qualify, Atiku is dead on arrival, Buhari canot even deliver his state to the Apc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Could Have Given $20m To Patience, Says Lawyer / Atiku, IBB, Dickson Once Called Nigerian Youths ‘lazy’ – MURIC Defends Buhari / Buhari Is Not Travelling To US - Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.