Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

Ebola Now Has Cure; So Go Get It And Come I'll Cure You - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ebola Now Has Cure; So Go Get It And Come I'll Cure You (566 Views)

Stop Ebola Now / Rumor: Ebola Now Airborne. / Ebola Now In Nigeria..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebola Now Has Cure; So Go Get It And Come I'll Cure You by dtito(m): 9:05am On Aug 22, 2014
American Missionaries Cured of Ebola Infections; Brantly: 'Today Is A Miraculous Day'

“After a rigorous and successful course of treatment and testing, the Emory Healthcare team has determined that both patients have recovered from the Ebola virus and can return to their families and community without concern for spreading this infection to others,” said Bruce Ribner, MD, director of Emory’s Infectious Disease Unit, in a statement released by the hospital.

Dr. Ribner began the press conference with a brief statement about the patients.

“What we learned in caring for them will help advance the world’s understand of how to treat Ebola virus infections and improve survival,” said Dr. Ribner. “Emory’s goal is: Heal and advance knowledge.”

Twice during the questions and answers, Ribner remarked that it was a privilege for Emory University Hospital to care for Dr. Brantly and Ms. Writebol.

Dr. Kent Brantly, looking fit in a blue, Samaritan’s Purse oxford shirt, and surrounded by beaming Emory staff, began his statement, “Today is a miraculous day. I’m thrilled to be alive, to be well, and to be reunited with my family.”

Brantly said that after taking some time away and reconnecting with his family, he’ll be ready to share his thoughts on the experience in greater detail publicly. The medical missionary took no questions but did allow many photos to be taken after his completing his statement.

Many of the questions from the press pool pertained to whether Writebol or Brantly were at all contagious. Ribner noted that the patients met the CDC and WHO criteria for no longer having the disease: The virus was no longer detectable in their blood and they have recovered from the symptoms of Ebola viral infection.
Re: Ebola Now Has Cure; So Go Get It And Come I'll Cure You by Liekiller(f): 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
Your title is misleading. angry You can't state as a fact that ebola now has a cure. About 45% of all patients in this current epidemic recover WITHOUT this medicine. It is not at all certain that they would have died without this medicine. The chances were about 50:50. Furthermore the first-class care they received besides the medicine may well have improved their chances to survive. While I certainly hope that eventually there will be a tested and approved cure, it is way too early to state this the way you did.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Drug(s) Can I Use To Add To My Weight. Kindly Advise. / STRANGE: Woman Presents ‘holy Spirit’ As Collateral For Bank Loan / Photos: Stonning And Killing Every Satanic Manipulations - Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.