Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) (5900 Views)

The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain / The Shame Called Murtala Muhammed International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by pro2010: 9:38am On Aug 22, 2014
Saw this disturbing pictures on another information site i hope its not true.

I've been getting these images all day. Supposedly this is what the new Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu state looked like this morning after it rained. Is this for real, for real?. Continue..

http://www..com/talk/topic,217028.0.html

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by ibkgab001: 9:50am On Aug 22, 2014
Everything is fake in this goddam Country...the Country as a whole sit on lies and cheats

6 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by kel4soft: 9:55am On Aug 22, 2014
OP, you beat me to this thread. It is true.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Gorrbachev: 10:07am On Aug 22, 2014
Enugu Sea port, The Minister That launched it. grin grin grin grin

[img]http://1.bp..com/-XqQJ9SL17yI/UvuZ5fPyDfI/AAAAAAAABkE/32DNYYrxmew/s1600/Oduah.jpg[/img]

6 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by teemy(m): 10:10am On Aug 22, 2014
The airline should have made suitable transport to the terminal since the situation was noted. Caring for the passengers that way would have gone a long way rather than letting them move from an airplane and into sea water. Someone should be fired to show this kind of ommision would not be tolerated by the airline.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by pro2010: 10:31am On Aug 22, 2014
kel4soft: OP, you beat me to this thread. It is true.

This is disheartening men i mean, this is supposed to be the celebrated first class Gbogbotigbo airport that pro-Odua people bragged about? Where are we going in this country? When you can not properly execute a project in your own geopolitical region, where then can you do properly?

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by comos: 10:46am On Aug 22, 2014
rome was not built in a day, lets take it gradually.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by pro2010: 11:14am On Aug 22, 2014
comos: rome was not built in a day, lets take it gradually.

I give you the benefit of doubt and conclude that you are a kid for, if you are above 16 and you make this kind of comment then it means that something is terribly wrong with you and your handlers!

6 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
our maintenance culture is so effective that an airport was turned to a seaport within one day! guiness book of record do the needful biko grin a record has just been set! grin

6 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Akanu Ibiam International Sea port, Enugu Nigeria grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Babyboy1986(m): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hmmmm Na wa oo.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
Jona ohhhhhhhh shocked
Can't the pilot move the aircraft closer to the terminal building;so that Passengers can disembark (disengage) on the building properly. shocked
FAAN needs to purchase high rise trucks that would convey passengers in case of flood to the building. shocked

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by otijah(m): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
ff
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by nekaa(f): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
what?? Even with photos it seem unbelievable to me...

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by ayusco85(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
The gods are angry.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Lilimax(f): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
Is this not the recently renovated International Airport?
Hmm...

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nigeria just embarrassing herself...Smh

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Babyboy1986(m): 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
What gods?
ayusco85: The gods are angry.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by dridowu: 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
I thought this make the frontpage yesterday. Anyway like a poster said on the previous thread.

A flooded international airport is better than the absence of an international airport cool
https://www.nairaland.com/1867673/akanu-ibiam-international-airport-enugu#25658325
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by tobtap: 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
nigeria and mismanagement.....we lack maintenance culture
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by MrRhymes101(m): 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
IS IT BY FORCE TO FLY?? I know all the parks in Enugu and non is as flooded. HOW WILL I SPEND MONEY ON FLIGHT ONLY TO ARRIVE AND MEET THIS NONSENSE??

2 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
Gej till 2019!

Stupid govt.stupid president,clueless followers.

international airport indeed.

Btw where is the government of Enugu state? Where is FAAN abi fan?

3 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Kanwulia: 12:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
Mu ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I don die o! grin

Which airline for Nigeria get 'Med View' logo? undecided
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by tigonana: 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
I just dey look o.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by demolaprof(m): 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
So pathetic
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by Babyboy1986(m): 12:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hmmm who tell u?
comos: rome was not built in a day, lets take it gradually.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by shadowwalker101: 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
eyah
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by DGREATBISHOP: 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
it is well.
Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by DRealGeesam(m): 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
Nigeria!
Is this not the same International Airport the government and Steller oduah's supporters did not give us rest on?
Imagine a plane coming from any developed country and foreigners getting off the plane only to swim through muddy water. We are the very reason why Nigeria attracts very little respect internationally.

Keneking: Jona ohhhhhhhh shocked
Can't the pilot move the aircraft closer to the terminal building;so that Passengers can disembark (disengage) on the building properly. shocked
FAAN needs to purchase high rise trucks that would convey passengers in case of flood to the building. shocked
Airplanes are not motor bikes
Have you considered the wings of the plane hitting the building?

On a lighter mood, this is "duel purpose port" Airport and flood seaport all in one. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by davidflipcy(m): 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
Oh boy this no be airport oh this one na confirm seaport.

1 Like

Re: Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) by eaglechild: 12:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
There are two threads exactly like this on the front page.
https://www.nairaland.com/1868161/enugu-airport-flood-pictures

MODS do the needful.

Meanwhile what could have caused the flooding was there any amendments made?

Or are the rains really heavy cause the airport didn't flood last rainy season.

The authorities should fix it.

(1) (2) (3)

Plsss I Nid Help On Barcode No On Ds 160 / Maximum Amount I Can Bring Into Nigeria / Port Harcourt; Please I Need Your Suggestion On Places To Visit In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.