Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

The Boy Is Mine (music Inspired) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Boy Is Mine (music Inspired) (503 Views)

Beautiful Liar (music Inspired) / Hold On To Me Part 2 (music Inspired) / Hold On To Me - Part 1 (music Inspired) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Boy Is Mine (music Inspired) by Abisoyee(m): 10:00am On Aug 22, 2014
(Excerpt From Don’t Take My Man: Ada slumped in the car seat and smiled ruefully to herself. Dear old Dolly knew just how it felt when your man is about to be taken away from you. Just then Brandy and Monica’s “The Boy Is Mine” came one, shaking herself mentally, she realized she wasn’t about to give up without a fight, this boy was hers and it was going to be a fight to the finish.)

The Boy is Mine is a continuation of the earlier story “Don’t Take My Man.”

You need to give it up.
Had about enough.
It’s not hard to see,
the boy is mine.

Ada sashayed into the familiar room that was her best friend’s penthouse apartment. No real best friend would have taken her friend’s man in her books. She headed straight for Lizzy’s bedroom and told her bodyguard to remain in the large living room. She called out for Lizzy as she heard the shower running from the bathroom.

‘Just a moment Ada’ Lizzy called back as the water stopped running. Ada controlled the urge to barge into the bathroom and slap Lizzy silly. Lizzy was all smiles as she came out with nothing but as towel tied around her chest and ending just below her knees. She was an easily beautiful girl and was one of the many reasons she was a success as a model at such an early age. She was tall and slender with a fair complexion skin that reminded you of gold. She had curves in all the right places and was not overtly endowed but would definitely pass for a stunner. Even with her own successful music career, Ada sometimes felt she paled beside her friend. Lizzy was very much aware of her own effect on men and used it to her advantage. Ada had just never expected that Lizzy would play her dirty games to her side.

“What’s eating you Ada? You look like someone just killed your favourite pet?” her voice was soft and sounded like soft velvet as she came closer to her best friend. Without uttering a response Ada pushed Lizzy back violently causing the towel to lose and Lizzy stood there mouth agape in all her womanly glory. The picture reminded Ada of a sultrous Jezebel and through gritted teeth she grounded out:

“How could you Lizzy? Of all the men to go for, it had to be Andrew? You are nothing but a two timing daughter of a bitch. Nothing more than a filthy guttersnipe.” Lizzy stared unperturbed at her best friend and as Ada finished her angry tirade, she busted out laughing. She calmly picked up the fallen towel and tied it back in place. She sat down calmly and crossed her legs,

“I am bored Ada, I needed a new toy and seducing soppy Andrew seemed like fun. I didn’t think you would mind, after all you don’t love him.” She drawled on the last part to drive home a point.

“This boy is mine Lizzy, I’m sorry you are bored but you seem confused to know that he belongs to me. So it’s not your place to toy with him.” Ada was fighting a raging battle now not to lose control, she knew that anything they did would be in the media so she had to act carefully.

“Quit acting like the fool Ada, Andrew is beneath us, just a toy to pass time, don’t let this come between us.” Her hands moved so fast Lizzy didn’t see it coming until Ada’s palm hit her cheek. The slap stung and she could feel a bruise swelling as she stared in shock at her best friend.

“Get out now Ada before I call my guards on you. You are not welcome here again either.” Ada stared hard at this beautiful monster that was supposed to be her friend and with a loud hiss, she flounced off.

TO BE CONTINUED…

The song “The Boy is Mine” is a duet by American recording artistes Brandy and Monica and was released in 1998. The song became the best selling song in the US for that year, spending 13 weeks at number on Billboard Hot 100. The song is a response to Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney‘s 1982 duet “The Girl Is Mine.”

For more updates, I remain @iamposhkid on Twitter and Instagram. You can also add Poshkid’s Corner BBM Channel with C00396EEB and get instant updates. Or visit the blog at www.poshkidscorner.gidicentral.com

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Good Writer For My Amazon Niche Site / Emotion Press Calls On Young Writers / Saturday Morning! !!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.