Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,391 members, 7,800,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

100 Years Without Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 100 Years Without Electricity (1497 Views)

Miracle!32 Years Without Sex.i Got Bleeped By 17 Yrs Boy / 120m Nigerians Without Electricity - FG / Can Nigeria Become A Super Power Without Electricity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

100 Years Without Electricity by ikweremilitant: 12:52pm On Aug 22, 2014
who watched todays nta magazine programme called grassroots.According the programme a community in idu l.g.a of oyo state has not seen an electric appliance in their life.i was shocked because the people from the state nd region are quick at condeming others.the worst is all the l.g.a of oyo state shown are noting to write home about,its a pity that our people are still living in the past.

5 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by BRAV0O(m): 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
Too bad!
Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by boyt1: 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
Sir i beg which Oyo state you mean, the capital of yorubaland in nigeria or the oyo in Rep. of Benin.
if na the 9ja oyo then they need help!!!

4 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
ikweremilitant: who watched todays nta magazine programme called grassroots.According the programme a community in idu l.g.a of oyo state has not seen an electric appliance in their life.i was shocked because the people from the state nd region are quick at condeming others.the worst is all the l.g.a of oyo state shown are noting to write home about,its a pity that our people are still living in the past.
Is PHCN or NEPA under LGA? Mr. Man this is another reason they won't vote PDP. PDP led FG is incharge of electricity. It is in EXCLUSIVE list

8 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by tonychristopher: 4:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
I THOUGHT THAT YORUBAS SAID THAT THEY ARE THE MOST SOPHISTICATED TRIBE....HMMM F THEY HAVENT SEEN AN ELECTRIC APPLIANCE IN THEIR LIFE, THEY MUST BE VERY BACKWARD.....

BUT WHO SAID YORUBAS ARE .....

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by chrisviral(m): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
Incase it makes FP grin
Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by tonychristopher: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2014
BuddahMonk: [size=18pt]i saw it, everybody in the office was speechless even the Yorubas.
one Yoruba colleague was telling the astounded us that we have not seen anything yet.

lol
[/size]

SO HOW DID THE YORUBAS IN YOUR OFFICE BEHAVE....ARE THEY NOT THE MOST SOPHISTICATED

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
[size=18pt]take a closer look at some rural east in Abia state.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by tonychristopher: 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
BuddahMonk: when my dad was building our house at Iyiowa Odekepe in 1994, he singlehandedly bought wooden poles n cables and made sure that electricity came to the new layout.

Yoruba people are not good in community development, they lack developmental attitude toward the city to even talk of the villages.
visit their rural erals and you will start vomitting....rural ares in East are light years ahead of anything that is obtainable in south west.

both urban and rural yorubaland suck.....yet they keep badmouthing us of not being able to produce the presidency.

THATS NICE, IF IGBOS HAS PRODUCED PRESIDENTS, THEN THE YORUBAS WILL GO AHEAD AND SAY THAT THE PRESIDENT IS ONLY DEVELOPING IGBOLAND, THE WAY THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT GEJ, FORGOTING THAT IGBOS ARE SELF SUFFICIANT. GO TO ILESAN OR SOME PART OF OKITIPUPA AND SEE BACKWARDNESS

4 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
more of rural east

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
BuddahMonk: when my dad was building our house at Iyiowa Odekepe in 1994, he singlehandedly bought wooden poles n cables and made sure that electricity came to the new layout
The Government is responsible for all these basics like Water, Electricity, Roads etc. These are basic job of government. Our resources are more than enough to provide these things but bad leadership. Your father probably have the resources, but...All Fingers Are Not Equal

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by docsholz(m): 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
barcanista: The Government are responsible for all these basics like Water, Electricity, Roads etc. These are basic job of government. Our resources are more that enough to provide these things but bad leadership. Your father probably have the resources, but...All Fingers Are Not Equal
This is a tribal thread not a political one
Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
tonychristopher: I THOUGHT THAT YORUBAS SAID THAT THEY ARE THE MOST SOPHISTICATED TRIBE....HMMM F THEY HAVENT SEEN AN ELECTRIC APPLIANCE IN THEIR LIFE, THEY MUST BE VERY BACKWARD.....

I thought so too
All Na mouth
My village sometime ago had 24 hrs electricity sef
Well we had a powerful figure in the federal govt that made that happen I hear grin
Electric pole dey in front of my grandfather's house.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
BuddahMonk: [size=18pt]take a closer look at some rural east in Abia state.[/size]

Where is this?
Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by lagdmark(m): 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
BuddahMonk: [size=18pt]take a closer look at some rural east in Abia state.[/size]
If this is how a rural area looks in abia like lekki, no wonder the ibos are so proud, rich abroad and also in their villages.
The day we attended a traditional wedding ceremony in umudike abia, my 1st time in that area with my friends from Europe and the US we couldn't see the difference between city and village, infact the best IBO mansions are found in their villages

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by ikweremilitant: 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
barcanista: Is PHCN or NEPA under LGA? Mr. Man this is another reason they won't vote PDP. PDP led FG is incharge of electricity. It is in EXCLUSIVE list
so pdp has being ruleng oyo for 100ys abi?so d apc govt their is waitng 4d f.g to buy dm pole nd transformer abi? U see d reason i always tel u yorubas dat d ibos re nt ur match,ibos do dis tins dmselfs,if nt govt ur lazy minds can nt be actvated.ha! Poverty aaaa,e no go beta 4u

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by ikweremilitant: 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
tonychristopher: I THOUGHT THAT YORUBAS SAID THAT THEY ARE THE MOST SOPHISTICATED TRIBE....HMMM F THEY HAVENT SEEN AN ELECTRIC APPLIANCE IN THEIR LIFE, THEY MUST BE VERY BACKWARD.....

they re sophisticated on nairaland.every yoruba man is a lagosian,dont blame d poor people

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by tonychristopher: 7:48am On Aug 23, 2014
ikweremilitant: they re sophisticated on nairaland.every yoruba man is a lagosian,dont blame d poor people

That's what baffles me.every Yoruba man is a lagosian.....that's so funny

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by tonychristopher: 7:51am On Aug 23, 2014
lagdmark:
If this is how a rural area looks in abia like lekki, no wonder the ibos are so proud, rich abroad and also in their villages.
The day we attended a traditional wedding ceremony in umudike abia, my 1st time in that area with my friends from Europe and the US we couldn't see the difference between city and village, infact the best IBO mansions are found in their villages

That's what they understand.Igbo people build Good houses in villages.we don't wait for any government to do electrification for us.

Yorubas will wait for pdp

3 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by tonychristopher: 7:53am On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: Is PHCN or NEPA under LGA? Mr. Man this is another reason they won't vote PDP. PDP led FG is incharge of electricity. It is in EXCLUSIVE list
Big Grammar.... Did Igbo wait for exclusive list

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by Nobody: 8:05am On Aug 23, 2014
tonychristopher:
Big Grammar.... Did Igbo wait for exclusive list
What concern them with Igbo? Are they calling the Igbos to help them?

#MindYourBusiness
Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 23, 2014
Rural electrification (connecting rural areas to the national grid) is the job of the state govt, although the FG can also intervene if the state govt FAILS.

Below are examples reports of responsible state govts doing their job
Obi Links More Anambra Communities to Electricity

03 Aug 2013

Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State has unveiled the Ndiokolo-Ndiokpaleke Rural Electricity Project in Orumba North Local Government Area which was initiated and delivered by his administration.

Obi said the project was in line with the policy of his administration to open up all rural communities with massive infrastructural development. He recalled that the area had been without light until the intervention of his administration, adding that his government was working in all sectors in every community to uplift quality of life in all parts of the State.

The Commissioner for Public Utilities and Water Resources, Mr. Emeka Nwankwu said the project was completed under the second phase of the State Rural Electricity Scheme and regretted that nothing was done in the sector by successive administrations since the completion of the first phase in the old Anambra State.

Nwankwu explained that EVERY PART of the State was now connected to the National Grid while OVER FOUR HUNDRED transformers have been distributed and installed in various communities by Obi’s administration.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obi-links-more-anambra-communities-to-electricity/155281/
Another report
Nasarawa State Govt. Approves N2.5bn For Rural Electrification Projects

The Nasarawa State Government said on Thursday that it had approved N2.5 billion for rural electrification projects in 61 villages across the state. Mr Angama Weibey, the Commissioner for Rural and Community Development, disclosed this to newsmen in Lafia. Weibey said that the objective of the project was to ensure the provision of electricity to rural communities...

http://www.news247.com.ng/news/nasarawa-state-govt-approves-n25bn-for-rural-electrification-projects#.U_g_iV2t-o8
Another report
Chime Awards N850m Contracts for Electrification of 26 communities

21 Jul 2012

The Enugu State Government has awarded contract worth of over N850million for the electrification of 26 communities in parts of 11 local government areas of the state.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/chime-awards-n850m-contracts-for-electrification-of-26-communities/120483/
And so on and so forth.

So my guy, it appears the crumbs and "stomach infrastructure" you get from Tinubu are already beclouding your sense of judgement.

Bottomline, the state govts are constitutionally empowered and are in a better position (are closer to the rural communities) to connect the rural communities under their jurisdiction to the national grid.

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by tonychristopher: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: What concern them with Igbo? Are they calling the Igbos to help them?

#MindYourBusiness

They are not but they are downgrading us. They are painting us backward

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 23, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Rural electrification (connecting rural areas to the national grid) is the job of the state govt, although the FG can also intervene if the state govt FAILS.

Below are examples reports of responsible state govts doing their job

Another report

Another report

And so on and so forth.

So my guy, it appears the crumbs and "stomach infrastructure" you get from Tinubu are already beclouding your sense of judgement.

Bottomline, the state govts are constitutionally empowered and are in a better position (are closest to the rural communities) to connect the rural communities under their jurisdiction to the national grid.
electrification project is one thing, provision of electricity is another. While the state government can/should provide transformer, poles, cables etc (electrification project), it is the statutory job of the FG to provide electricity and also provide these things. It is the FG's job to see that Nigerians enjoy access to electricity (pls re-read the content on The Exclusive list)

1 Like

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by tonychristopher: 9:00am On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: electrification project is one thing, provision of electricity is another. While the state government can/should provide transformer, poles, cables etc (electrification project), it is the statutory job of the FG to provide electricity and also provide these things. It is the FG's job to see that Nigerians enjoy access to electricity (pls re-read the content on The Exclusive list)

That's why I said the average Yoruba man think Is weird....somebody installed transformer and Poles with wires then he asks for only connection ...won't you give him

Its just a simple business sense. He has reduced the cost of service delivery for you.

Common sense ain't common after all

2 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 23, 2014
tonychristopher:

That's why I said the average Yoruba man think Is weird....somebody installed transformer and Poles with wires then he asks for only connection ...won't you give him

Its just a simple business sense. He has reduced the cost of service delivery for you.

Common sense ain't common after all
If you can't bring any valid argument just keep mute. Making this argument tribal abd arguing back and forth based on bigotry won't get yu anywhere. I won't descend so low to go tribal.
Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by gatiano(m): 9:17am On Aug 23, 2014
And to the rest of Nigerians, what is worst than not having electricity, is the constant on and off. only when we understand why we don't have constant electricity, then will progress be made.
Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by PassingShot(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2014
Quote me anywhere and anytime. This is common in many villages in Nigeria and not peculiar to only Yoruba land or Oyo state. I have been to a couple of villages in the Middle Belt and the East and the story is same.
Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 23, 2014
barcanista: electrification project is one thing, provision of electricity is another. While the state government can/should provide transformer, poles, cables etc (electrification project), it is the statutory job of the FG to provide electricity and also provide these things. It is the FG's job to see that Nigerians enjoy access to electricity (pls re-read the content on The Exclusive list)
Dont turn the constitution on its head to suit your propaganda. What is needed in that rural community is connection to the national grid. That is the job of the state govt. The job of the FG is to provide the national grid, and even that has now been de-centralized under the present power reforms. State govts can now by-pass the national grid, build power plants that will supply power exclusively to places under their jurisdiction. That is how much Nigeria has been transformed in the last few years. Power is no longer on the exclusive list so get yourself updated.

4 Likes

Re: 100 Years Without Electricity by deeobserver209(m): 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2014
The centralization of power infrastructure and development in the hands of central government over the years coupled with very poor investment and mismanagement is the major reason why most communities are living in darkness. My village for instance never knew what electricity is since independence until now.

(1) (Reply)

Dr. Alex Otti Visits Ariaria Market, Aba Today. / Shariarizing Nigeria: Educated Moronic Igbos Should Wake Up / Who Organise The Shit Am Watching On Channels TV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.