Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Today's Children And The Future Of Yoruba Language - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Today's Children And The Future Of Yoruba Language (9795 Views)

White Students Of Yoruba Language University, U.S Singing Yoruba Hymn!(video) / List Of Yoruba Dialects / Lists Of Yoruba Names And Their English Meaning. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Today's Children And The Future Of Yoruba Language by eldega: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
I always see my neighbour children play in the compound during weekends and some other days. I imagined the kind of play children of nowadays do and their knowledge of Yoruba language.
I remembered back in the days when i was still their age, almost every night my grandfather will sit us down with other children teaching us about our culture and some beautiful yoruba languages (Ewa Ede yoruba). Hardly you see anything like that this days.....the question to be asked is that is our culture going into extinction?.........
I remembered him telling us different yoruba stories and riddles (Alo Apamo ati Alo Apagbe), those moments are beautiful cos they expose you to indept knowledge of Yoruba with all the explanations that comes with the stories. Below are some riddles which i started jotting down since yesterday and decided to share it.
There is room for corrections and additions as am not a yoruba graduate nor Yoruba teacher but i felt its necessary to remind some of us about this riddles so we refresh our memory......

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Dana Air Named Official Airline Of The Akwa Ibom Christmas Carols Festival 2017 / . / The Benin (igodomigodo) Moats - The Largest Man-made Earthworks In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.