Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:28 PM

A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! (1156 Views)

HILARIOUS Picture Of A Nigerian Baby Trying To Take It By Force Frm A White Dude / I Just Started A Family! My Wedding Pics / Missing Nigerian Baby Found In Mexico, Father Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by leo1234(m): 2:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
A Nigerian baby, Amara Chiedozie, has
surprised doctors and nurses in the UK after
she started feeding herself with her bottle
after 72 hours of her birth.
20-year-old single mother, Onyi Chiedozie who
said she is amazed at how her daughter is
capable of holding the feeding bottle on her
own said she ‘grabbed’ her bottle during a
feed and held it to her mouth.
Amara at threee days old actually started
feeding herself, now at three weeks old she
regularly holds her bottle all by herself and
pushes it aside when she is full up.
Meanwhile the new mother, Onyi, who said she
is using a combination of breast and bottle
feeding, said everyone is amazed by the feat.
See photos below
Nigerian Baby, Amara Chiedozie, who learned to
feed herself when she was only 72 hours old
The 20-year-old mother said: ‘She was crying
as she was hungry and when we were feeding,
she started shaking, then she just grabbed the
bottle and she was holding it by herself. We
couldn’t believe it because babies don’t
normally do it that young, I’m so shocked that
I have been documenting it every day”.
Nigerian Baby, Amara Chiedozie and her mom,
Onyi Chiedozie
“It’s unbelievable, even nurses are really
surprised – when my health support nurse
came she was shocked as well., she couldn’t
believe that this could happen. Whenever we
go to appointments, we take pictures of her
doing it. The midwife and even the doctor we
had an appointment with on Saturday was
actually amazed – they all couldn’t believe it” .
feed herself when she was only 72 hours old
“I just think she has a lot of strength, I’m not
sure why though as she wasn’t particularly
heavy when she was born. ‘When she doesn’t
want it she will push it away. She isn’t strong
enough to throw it away, but she does push it
away, like she does with her dummy. If she is
really hungry, she starts shaking, then she will
just grab the bottle as you give it to her.’
feed herself when she was only 72 hours old and
her mom, Onyi Chiedozie
Amara was born at Queen’s Hospital in
Romford, Essex, on August 3 weighing 6lbs
3oz.
Her mother Miss Chiedozie Onyi, a student,
however, said she makes sure she is always
watching her daughter when she is feeding
herself.
She said: ‘Sometimes I hold her or sometimes
you can prop her up with a pillow and give her
the bottle. I’m always watching her – I don’t
let her out of my sight.’

http://www.naij.com/279798-nigerian-baby-feeds-herself.html

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by agitator: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
cute, but men go suffer for this one hand. shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by purplesummer(f): 2:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Beautiful mother. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by Taiwo20(m): 2:37pm On Aug 22, 2014
NA the grand-mother come back. She must have been starve in her former life.

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by seunlayi(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
we will understand it better when we get to heaven
Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
Taiwo20: NA the grand-mother come back. She must have been starve in her former life.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by sammoe(m): 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Taiwo20: NA the grand-mother come back. She must have been starve in her former life.
Hehehe. Craay dude.
Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by Royver(m): 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
I read this article earlier this morning.
You guys should know this baby was STARVING!
It's very possible the mother gave birth to the baby and then refused to breastfeed her, opting instead for bottle feeding

The 20-year-old mother said: ‘She was crying
as she was hungry and when we were feeding,
she started shaking, then she just grabbed the
bottle and she was holding it by herself.
Shaking is a sign of hypoglycemia or in layman's terms "severe hunger"! This baby must have been hypoglycemic from the mother's womb.

“I just think she has a lot of strength, I’m not
sure why though as she wasn’t particularly
heavy when she was born
. ‘When she doesn’t
want it she will push it away. She isn’t strong
enough to throw it away, but she does push it
away, like she does with her dummy. If she is
really hungry, she starts shaking, then she will
just grab the bottle as you give it to her.’
Low birth weight is another indication of possible poor malnutrition in the womb, maybe mommy wasnt feeding well or was sick.

So this child's response to grabbing that feeding bottle when they put it to her lips was a do-or-die affair cheesy
Pure survival instinct!
The Pikin be like "Meeen, av come to this world two times, na naija I land, and this third time wey I come land for UK na hin una wan kill me with hunger? Na lie una talk! cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by ElFenomeno1: 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2014

grin
Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by leo1234(m): 6:32pm On Aug 22, 2014
Royver: I read this article earlier this morning.
You guys should know this baby was STARVING!
It's very possible the mother gave birth to the baby and then refused to breastfeed her, opting instead for bottle feeding

Shaking is a sign of hypoglycemia or in layman's terms "severe hunger"! This baby must have been hypoglycemic from the mother's womb.

Low birth weight is another indication of possible poor malnutrition in the womb, maybe mommy wasnt feeding well or was sick.

So this child's response to grabbing that feeding bottle when they put it to her lips was a do-or-die affair cheesy
Pure survival instinct!
The Pikin be like "Meeen, av come to this world two times, na naija I land, and this third time wey I come land for UK na hin una wan kill me with hunger? Na lie una talk! cheesy cheesy cheesy
U may have a point but for a baby at that age to be able to direct the bottle to her mouth is amazing.
shocked shocked shocked
Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by Xsenga(f): 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
HMMMMM, I CAN'T FIT BELIEVE THIS. embarassed
Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by Janeify(f): 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
Wow...mehn,dis life ehn!
Re: A Nigerian Baby Started Feeding Herself 72hrs After Her Birth! by Woged2005(f): 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
I don't care what it is. This baby and her mom are just simply adorable. May God bless you and keep your youthful mom alive and healthy to walk you down the isle one day. Awwww! You are beautiful!!!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Popular Nollywood Actress Toyin Aimaku And Husband Separate After Eleven Months / 'what Should I Do?' A Wife's Ordeal / Pls Help Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.