Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,723 members, 7,802,178 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (864840 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bimmey(m): 6:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Good news in this part 6......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Amerinancy(f): 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
teddyrain: I went to education USA b4 getting my visa. Although I visited once. I never paid a dime. The woman kept saying I'm through with you immediately she heard I did not take standardized exams. They work only with fresh graduates from high school and those with a nice waec and you must write SAt and TOEFL . What I am saying is, some schools you apply to without using education USA help their students get their visas. They usually encourage their applicants to stay in touch with education usa
True!! Some schools do that. My advisor told me they do it. That's why such schools might even ask you to deposit tuition or enrollment fee to see how much determination you have to study there. But they do it for students if they are on scholarship. If not, you are on your own.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hello house, greetings to everyone in here. I have found this house to be very informative in the fairly short period I have been observing as a guest. I have two questions that I hope the house can answer for me:

1.) I heard recently that it is now possible to make outbound western union payments from Nigeria, does this mean that the SEVIS FEE can now be paid from Nigeria? If so which banks are compliant so far and if not, what is the best possible method to pay the SEVIS FEE as of now (lol sorry I guess this is actually more than one question in one)

2.) What is the earliest possible time one can book a visa interview before resumption date? For example in my case resumption is in January 2015 and I-20 is at hand.

Really looking forward to your candid and informative answers. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 6:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
Greetings house, Part 5 was great and part 6 is gonna be a 100% success this time around...Amen. Please I wud need help on this; a friend of mine is considering writing his SATs for the 2015 fall session by December against October owing to some financial challenges, and I would want to know if that time(December) is not too late for writing SAT exams in applying of the fall session as per college board regulations?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 6:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
Yay wes evaluation complete
3.4 /4

Our testimonies must be complete in this thread. There shall be no case of serial denials Ijn

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
Theflint1: Greetings house, Part 5 was great and part 6 is gonna be a 100% success this time around...Amen. Please I wud need help on this; a friend of mine is considering writing his SATs for the 2015 fall session by December against October owing to some financial challenges, and I would want to know if that time(December) is not too late for writing SAT exams in applying of the fall session as per college board regulations?

If he write it in October its not late if he is applying for spring 2015 or fall 2015 but let him study well and read hard and i hope his olevel results is good enough to reach 3.0 gpa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by femiap: 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
GOD BLESS AMERICA

The country that i love and keep close to my heart, a country that your dreams can come true if you are hardworking, a country where you can attend any college or university without a penny in your pocket throught loans and scholarships.

Whao, its amazing this thread is still alive!!!!!, i joined this thread in August 2010 because i was interested in coming to the U.S for graduate studies and potentially become a citizen of this great country...this thread is part of my success story today, the likes of OJAP, SEEDORD, FEMILANGY, FEMI2020 are part of my success story, my strategy was watch, listen and dissect information from this thread and mold it to my benefit, and that worked for me when i went to the embassy for my student visa interview...( check dec 14 2010 for my interview details on the thread).

With that been said, my journey in America has been a success story with a lot of hardwork, optimism, and dynamism. To cut the long story short, i have two masters now and work as an Information Analyst with one of the biggest banks in the world, i never came here with any large money, i was just optimistic, hopeful, looked unto God . Yea, America is not easy like people say (FOR LAZY PEOPLE), but if you are ready to study hard, beleive you me, you will be ok and not lack.

The purpose of my long epistle is to encourgae you guys....(the ones that are really ready to come study and become someone in life), do not let anybody discourage you, follow your heart and passion, i am a living testimony, i landed at JFK with 70 dollars in my pocket in dec 2010 but as of today i make almost six figures/annum working as a SQL DEVELOPER, i never knew anything about I.T while in Nigeria, but because i was determined to be a change agent for my generation, i strived hard, focused on my masters and through the Grace of God, i dont lack anything because am highly contempted with what i have.

P.S

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD, IT CHANGED MY LIFE AND SOME FRIENDS' LIVES, DO NOT COME TO THE THREAD WITH THE "I KNOW ALL MENTALITY" RATHER, COME HERE TO ASSIMILATE INFORMATION. THANK YOU ALL AND BEST OF LUCK.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Walspring:

If he write it in October its not late if he is applying for spring 2015 or fall 2015 but let him study well and read hard and i hope his olevel results is good enough to reach 3.0 gpa
his o' level is okay. What I meant is that he plans writing the SATs by December.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Theflint1: Greetings house, Part 5 was great and part 6 is gonna be a 100% success this time around...Amen. Please I wud need help on this; a friend of mine is considering writing his SATs for the 2015 fall session by December against October owing to some financial challenges, and I would want to know if that time(December) is not too late for writing SAT exams in applying of the fall session as per college board regulations?
is not too late;I wrote my SAT may this year..got the result by June and booked appointment by July and I was for Fall 2014.

So,your friend has a lot of time..some schools might give you conditional admission and issue your i20 when they have your SAT scores.
Good luck to your friend.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
femiap:
GOD BLESS AMERICA

The country that i love and keep close to my heart, a country that your dreams can come true if you are hardworking, a country where you can attend any college or university without a penny in your pocket throught loans and scholarships.

Whao, its amazing this thread is still alive!!!!!, i joined this thread in August 2010 because i was interested in coming to the U.S for graduate studies and potentially become a citizen of this great country...this thread is part of my success story today, the likes of OJAP, SEEDORD, FEMILANGY, FEMI2020 are part of my success story, my strategy was watch, listen and dissect information from this thread and mold it to my benefit, and that worked for me when i went to the embassy for my student visa interview...( check dec 14 2010 for my interview details on the thread).

With that been said, my journey in America has been a success story with a lot of hardwork, optimism, and dynamism. To cut the long story short, i have two masters now and work as an Information Analyst with one of the biggest banks in the world, i never came here with any large money, i was just optimistic, hopeful, looked unto God . Yea, America is not easy like people say (FOR LAZY PEOPLE), but if you are ready to study hard, beleive you me, you will be ok and not lack.

The purpose of my long epistle is to encourgae you guys....(the ones that are really ready to come study and become someone in life), do not let anybody discourage you, follow your heart and passion, i am a living testimony, i landed at JFK with 70 dollars in my pocket in dec 2010 but as of today i make almost six figures/annum working as a SQL DEVELOPER, i never knew anything about I.T while in Nigeria, but because i was determined to be a change agent for my generation, i strived hard, focused on my masters and through the Grace of God, i dont lack anything because am highly contempted with what i have.

P.S

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD, IT CHANGED MY LIFE AND SOME FRIENDS' LIVES, DO NOT COME TO THE THREAD WITH THE "I KNOW ALL MENTALITY" RATHER, COME HERE TO ASSIMILATE INFORMATION. THANK YOU ALL AND BEST OF LUCK.
wow! real inspiring, Thanks. God bless America.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
Theflint1: his o' level is okay. What I meant is that he plans writing the SATs by December.

Okay in a way that he has C4 and B3 in all the subjects because with that calculation his gpa will be in 3.0 or above if i am not wrong.

Since he is writing in December that means he is going to apply for Fall 2015 (Resumption is August 2015) and not spring 2015 (Resumption is January 2015)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
bbdd: Yay wes evaluation complete
3.4 /4

Our testimonies must be complete in this thread. There shall be no case of serial denials Ijn
correct. Cum laude you got there smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
femiap:
GOD BLESS AMERICA

P.S

Great testimony my brother... I claim it for myself too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
stevecrun: is not too late;I wrote my SAT may this year..got the result by June and booked appointment by July and I was for Fall 2014.

So,your friend has a lot of time..some schools might give you conditional admission and issue your i20 when they have your SAT scores.
Good luck to your friend.
Thanks, wud inform him of this. How long does college board take to transfer SAT result to schools, or does one need to be hot on their heels before they transfer it in good time( 2weeks)?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
meekpie: Hello house, greetings to everyone in here. I have found this house to be very informative in the fairly short period I have been observing as a guest. I have two questions that I hope the house can answer for me:

1.) I heard recently that it is now possible to make outbound western union payments from Nigeria, does this mean that the SEVIS FEE can now be paid from Nigeria? If so which banks are compliant so far and if not, what is the best possible method to pay the SEVIS FEE as of now (lol sorry I guess this is actually more than one question in one)

2.) What is the earliest possible time one can book a visa interview before resumption date? For example in my case resumption is in January 2015 and I-20 is at hand.

Really looking forward to your candid and informative answers. Thanks

Walspring Amefrica imperiouxx justwise

1, Well as for the sevis fee payment in Nigerian go to 1st bank and ask them cos i dont know if anyone have done sevis payment since it was launched. Use WU or ask anyone in US to pay for you there with Money order or WU or you go to seme border and pay there

2, You can go for you interview 120 days before you resumption date.. As from september ending or early october is okay for you then.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
Theflint1: Thanks, wud inform him of this. How long does college board take to transfer SAT result to schools, or does one need to be hot on their heels before they transfer it in good time( 2weeks)?

2 weeks for processing and additional 2 weeks for sending

So either 2-4 weeks if i am not wrong
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
Walspring:

Okay in a way that he has C4 and B3 in all the subjects because with that calculation his gpa will be in 3.0 or above if i am not wrong.

Since he is writing in December that means he is going to apply for Fall 2015 (Resumption is August 2015) and not spring 2015 (Resumption is January 2015)
yeah, fall 2015. Hmmm....as per the c4's and b3's, I dunno about that, but he made his WAEC so it shud be at least a 2.5 which is enough for schools he's applying to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Theflint1: yeah, fall 2015. Hmmm....as per the c4's and b3's, I dunno about that, but he made his WAEC so it shud be at least a 2.5 which is enough for schools he's applying to.

Oh okay but i was calculating scholarship for him... 2.5 is okay for him for admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 7:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Walspring:

2 weeks for processing and additional 2 weeks for sending

So either 2-4 weeks if i am not wrong
tnks bro, appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
Theflint1: Thanks, wud inform him of this. How long does college board take to transfer SAT result to schools, or does one need to be hot on their heels before they transfer it in good time( 2weeks)?
they transfered my scores within a week because they notified me via email..
But I did not really send cos I got my admission and visa with ielts
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
Theflint1: tnks bro, appreciate.

Thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kentochi(m): 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2014
I no that this dream will come to pass one day!
May God help us all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
Its good to b here.more Testimonies in jesus name.Amen#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
slimmy05: correct. Cum laude you got there smiley

Thanks bro.
It took a month and half.
But most of the delay was during the postage of mails.
Did verification via email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
Walspring:

Do you pay the EducationUSA registration fee or application fee? YES/NO??
capital NO!!! The woman even discouraged me. When they were asking them to take forms if they want to work with them I didn't because I didnt have money for that. The only money I spent that day was my transport to and fro from my house to the embassy. The woman even told me I won't be successful in my interview, so I left there and hoped only in God.my success is just a miracle bro. No TOEFL, no sat, no statement was asked, no question. He just put me on hold and later gave me my pick up letter.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 7:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
teddyrain: I went to education USA b4 getting my visa. Although I visited once. I never paid a dime. The woman kept saying I'm through with you immediately she heard I did not take standardized exams. They work only with fresh graduates from high school and those with a nice waec and you must write SAt and TOEFL . What I am saying is, some schools you apply to without using education USA help their students get their visas. They usually encourage their applicants to stay in touch with education usa

That means you pay the application fee for the woman to attend to you and yold you that statment above but you dont wanna type YES abi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
Walspring:

big boss can you please help ask their condition so that i/we can learn from it?
i will and will give you a feed back tomorrow. Somebody even rewarded me with a token of 50 US dollars today :-)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.