Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (864628 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
Thanks.
I would love to reach you, could you reply my pm, please?
Horayce:

They are quite close if you simulate testing conditions. A good strategy would be to take test 1 early in your prep to gauge your knowledge of the concepts tested on the exam. Take test 2 close to the exam when ur almost done covering prep materials. I'll recommend the Magoosh or Manhattan plan if you are a diligent student who really wants top scores. Lots of students swear by them. Cramming word lists is a waste of time in my opinion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
Joenice:
GRE Maths. I just want to score well.

Lol. You don't need engineering maths for gre quants.
Except you want to take a subject test in calculus

For normal gre maths all you need is nova maths bible and Manhattan series.

Take special note of number properties.
Doing well in gre maths depends more on ability to spot shortcuts and knowing how to avoid stupid and silly mistakes.
It's really not a matter of mathematical depth.

If you can cover the topics in Nova bible you're fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
sirRiddy:
Thanks.
I would love to reach you, could you reply my pm, please?
You'd have to state what you need here, i don't know how to do the Pm thing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
Going through their site, I saw that manhattan guys have a free practice test and also six practice tests. My question is do you know how much I will need to spend in order to have access to the whole six? Magoosh is too expensive for my budget.
I took one of the timed practice test on powerprep and became enervated on reaching the second verbal section. After answering four questions on the second quant section, i had to guess the rest and quit. Deductively, I need a lot of practice test and work more on the reading comprehensions, which has not always been a forte for me. With a score of 153q and 151v, it is just like i just started my gre prep today. I read your previous and found out you had used manhattan services, so that is why i am asking you directly. Thanks for your lovely responses.
Horayce:

You'd have to state what you need here, i don't know how to do the Pm thing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hi all,

I booked an appointment for myself (F1), spouse (F2) and child (F2) but due to an inevitable occurrence, my spouse and child won't attend the interview with me again. Please, is it possible to reschedule my spouse and child without affecting my own appointment as the principal applicant?

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by richard4ssky: 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
ebdib:

Mr man
Why are you being so defensive?
Did I try to force ivy league down your throat?

Im just encouraging students who are brilliant, to try ivy league schools regardless of financial status.
I didn't criticize people who didn't attend ivy league schools. I'm criticizing people who choose crappy schools and trust me there are lots of crappy schools willing to collect money for degrees that ain't worth sh*t.

To each his own.

Your tone is belligerent and uncalled for btw.
Good day.
can you give us a list of those crappy university you no of.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
richard4ssky:
can you give us a list of those crappy university you no of.

Oshe. Assignment grin

Anyway some people post schools that they intend to apply to in order to check if they're red flags.

You could do the same after you've searched the Internet for your research interests.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
slimmy05:
Are you the admission officer? What happens to mailing or calling the school to get first hand information?

They provided him a link and you talked it down? I think you need to open troy university thread and act as their representative grin

Dont mind me. Be helpful

Big bros... Not that i talked him down... To me is like the guess was confused about transcript and waec.. But am just trying let people know they usually make use of waec as the transcript..

Calling and mailing troy is ain't easy ooo cos if someone dont have patience, am sure they will get hypertension because troy find it hard to reply email and picks...

Someone needs to calling troy for over 30 minutes and still yet they wont pick until the follow day and its not certain if they will pick the follow day but if someone is luck they might pick after calling more than 15 times. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Someone needs to email troy more than 10 times and still yet they wont reply... I guess they are lazy or they dont have access to internet (Just kidding here)

If they can give me better offer i will be their representative so that i can do my 20 hours on campus beside the international admission office phone.. grin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
ebdib:
Random thought

I've never seen an undergraduate here on nairaland gun for ivy league or at least top 20 Schools.

Same goes for graduate students except for the very old members who rarely come here.

Apart from that, not one. So far.

Hmm. undecided

Lol... Funny big boss.... Even davido self cant apply there.. As for me i think we are applying to where we are going to be Champ to lead and rule them without no rival

But if you will foot the bill for me i will apply or when you apply i will join you too. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
sawyersam:
Please house, my IELTS exam is in december. Please can you guys help me with schools that waive standardized tests so I can secure an Admission first, please help

Troy university..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Just4mide: 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hello..good evning pls is it possible to transfer from a Dubai university to usa university?if possible woud I apply for visa in Dubai or nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
coobboy:

Yes.
Your waec result would be converted to their gpa, so that only is required for admission there, with some other required documents!

Correct answer...

Sure guy...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
sirRiddy:
Going through their site, I saw that manhattan guys have a free practice test and also six practice tests. My question is do you know how much I will need to spend in order to have access to the whole six? Magoosh is too expensive for my budget.
I took one of the timed practice test on powerprep and became enervated on reaching the second verbal section. After answering four questions on the second quant section, i had to guess the rest and quit. Deductively, I need a lot of practice test and work more on the reading comprehensions, which has not always been a forte for me. With a score of 153q and 151v, it is just like i just started my gre prep today. I read your previous and found out you had used manhattan services, so that is why i am asking you directly. Thanks for your lovely responses.
You could either buy a manhattan GRE book or pay for the 6 tests directly on their site which would set you back by $30. Optionally you could buy one of the manhattan GRE books and you'll be given an access code to the online tests. Instead of buying a hard copy that would take forever to get to Nigeria I bought an ecopy(kindle version) from amazon for just 9.99 dollars and immediately sent manhattan a mail, showing my receipt. I was granted access to the six tests for six months. Magoosh is quite pricey but take this from me: they have the best material. Their questions are the closest to what you will see on the exam. I'll drop some links to some free princeton and kaplan tests i found on an indian forum. You'll get about 9 decent GRE mock tests. Their questions are not as good as Magoosh or Manhattan but still valuable for someone who wants to practise for stamina. Also don't forget to drill down math from Nova GREBible and Manhattan 5lb. Your power prep scores are good as is, and u could bump them up by over 10-20 points if u diligently work through these materials.

Princeton 4 online Full Length Tests

Step1 : Register for http://www.princetonreview.com/
Step2 : Go to home page and there you will get " Register Books " where you need to give ISBN NO. i.e. 978-0307944726
Step3 : It will show Your cart has 2 items and then click on check out .
Step4 : Once your book is registered, a link to your online tools will appear on your My Prep page under "View Courses."
Step5 : Then go to current test-prep and there you can launch online content(Cracking the GRE w/DVD 2013) and get core tests which contains 4 online practice tests.....smiley

CRACK Kaplan 5 MST......

http://store.kaptest.com/booksonline/questkey.jhtml?clid=383016668

copy and paste the link. if u have already a account in Kaplan thn first log out from there.

write "questions" in the blank [blank: u'll get it above the link] and select next. then make an new account and submit. then ul find 'My student page' in right side....enter and click start on gre premiere.accept the agreement and ul'l get 5 full length tests online.........so.....CRACK IT NOW !!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
Just4mide:
Hello..good evning pls is it possible to transfer from a Dubai university to usa university?if possible woud I apply for visa in Dubai or nigeria

Yes it possible and you just need to research for the school(s) and ask them for their requirements in order for you transfer to their school...

Well it would be better to come down to Nigeria and apply to cos its part of home ties but if you have anything to prove home ties in Dubai you can apply there sha

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Just4mide: 10:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
Walspring:

Yes it possible and you just need to research for the school(s) and ask them for their requirements in order for you transfer to their school...

Well it would be better to come down to Nigeria and apply to cos its part of home ties but if you have anything to prove home ties in Dubai you can apply there sha
thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2014
Walspring:

Correct answer...

Sure guy...
Hey my guuy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
coobboy:

Hey my guuy

How that side today?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
Walspring:

Lol... Funny big boss.... Even davido self cant apply there.. As for me i think we are applying to where we are going to be Champ to lead and rule them without no rival

But if you will foot the bill for me i will apply or when you apply i will join you too. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hahaha.
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
ebdib:

Hahaha.
grin

For real ..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 11:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
Walspring:

How that side today?
My side good man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 11:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
Walspring:

Big bros... Not that i talked him down... To me is like the guess was confused about transcript and waec.. But am just trying let people know they usually make use of waec as the transcript..

Calling and mailing troy is ain't easy ooo cos if someone dont have patience, am sure they will get hypertension because troy find it hard to reply email and picks...

Someone needs to calling troy for over 30 minutes and still yet they wont pick until the follow day and its not certain if they will pick the follow day but if someone is luck they might pick after calling more than 15 times. cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Someone needs to email troy more than 10 times and still yet they wont reply... I guess they are lazy or they dont have access to internet (Just kidding here)

If they can give me better offer i will be their representative so that i can do my 20 hours on campus beside the international admission office phone.. grin grin gringrin grin gringrin grin grin

You are correct I sent Troy mail on 3 good occasion till now no reply..... probably they might reply tomorrow ooooo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 19, 2014
ebdib:

Lol. You don't need engineering maths for gre quants.
Except you want to take a subject test in calculus

For normal gre maths all you need is nova maths bible and Manhattan series.

Take special note of number properties.
Doing well in gre maths depends more on ability to spot shortcuts and knowing how to avoid stupid and silly mistakes.
It's really not a matter of mathematical depth.

If you can cover the topics in Nova bible you're fine.

I totally understand but K. A. Stroud Palmgrave has a lot of topics and it lays more emphasis on how to use one's own imagination to deal with any mathematical question. So it's definitely going to act as catalyst towards my preparation. And their examples and excercises are exquisite and impeccable. Thanks so much for your advice. It's already been noted!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
I will purchase manhattan on amazon this week, so I can access their tests. Could you send an email to any of the addresses on my signature? I would like to have a private conversation. Thanks.
Horayce:

You could either buy a manhattan GRE book or pay for the 6 tests directly on their site which would set you back by $30. Optionally you could buy one of the manhattan GRE books and you'll be given an access code to the online tests. Instead of buying a hard copy that would take forever to get to Nigeria I bought an ecopy(kindle version) from amazon for just 9.99 dollars and immediately sent manhattan a mail, showing my receipt. I was granted access to the six tests for six months. Magoosh is quite pricey but take this from me: they have the best material. Their questions are the closest to what you will see on the exam. I'll drop some links to some free princeton and kaplan tests i found on an indian forum. You'll get about 9 decent GRE mock tests. Their questions are not as good as Magoosh or Manhattan but still valuable for someone who wants to practise for stamina. Also don't forget to drill down math from Nova GREBible and Manhattan 5lb. Your power prep scores are good as is, and u could bump them up by over 10-20 points if u diligently work through these materials.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
Joenice:
I totally understand but K. A. Stroud Palmgrave has a lot of topics and it lays more emphasis on how to use one's own imagination to deal with any mathematical question. So it's definitely going to act as catalyst towards my preparation. And their examples and excercises are exquisite and impeccable. Thanks so much for your advice. It's already been noted!

Like edib said, you'd probably do yourself more good spending that same time on verbal...you don't need to go that deep for the Math
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:04am On Oct 20, 2014
biikeys:

Like edib said, you'd probably do yourself more good spending that same time on verbal...you don't need to go that deep for the Math
OK.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 7:47am On Oct 20, 2014
Hello Nairalanders. Please I wanna know the status of these schools: western Kentucky and university of north Texas. Are they red flags? Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 9:25am On Oct 20, 2014
nedum360:
Hello Nairalanders. Please I wanna know the status of these schools: western Kentucky and university of north Texas. Are they red flags? Thanks.
Not at all
As long as they are not CC's, and the one building schools e.g DEvry, everest e.t.c
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by alexjames409: 10:06am On Oct 20, 2014
Please , I sat for my toefl and I scored 79 and I still haven't gotten any score sheet or original document of the toefl mailed to me , how can I request for it .. Pls kindly help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by efiyefaa: 10:55am On Oct 20, 2014
good morning please I picked up my passport with visa today but they said my visa is expiring 2016 instead of 2018 when my program ends.
please what does it mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 11:00am On Oct 20, 2014
efiyefaa:
good morning please I picked up my passport with visa today but they said my visa is expiring 2016 instead of 2018 when my program ends.
please what does it mean?

US only issue a 2 year multiple entry visa! You can renew it when it expires...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:07am On Oct 20, 2014
coobboy:

My side good man!

Good to know grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:08am On Oct 20, 2014
kennyrony:

You are correct I sent Troy mail on 3 good occasion till now no reply..... probably they might reply tomorrow ooooo.

Maybe they will reply if you send additional 12 emails to them grin grin grin grin grin

Try and call them too

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.