Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865729 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2014
Congratulations sir.
azeezbaba:
Alhamdulilahi robil alameen. All praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
Let me start by thanking all the gurus in the house, Morris, Aanowai, Bigfrancis & Idawz et al. I can't thank you all enough.
Visa approved today 22nd October, 2014
Time: 7.30am - Abuja - Window 9 (Although we didn't enter the embassy until some minutes to 10am because I forget my bank statement)
My transcript is as follows:

VO: Good morning (with a lovely smile)
Me & Wife: Good morning (My 15 months old son too struggled to say something)

VO: Pass me your documents
Me: I did (she started typing and she continued typing for like 2 mins)

VO: Where is your school?
Me: North Carolina

VO: Why did you choose the school?
Me: Of all the schools I visited when I was on holiday in the US, North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University has the best infrastructure and research facilities and the only one that offers my 1st choice concentration which is Cyber Security.

VO: Who is your sponsor?
Me: Myself

VO: Can I see your statement?
Me: I handed out my statements of account

VO: She looked at the statement carefully, flipping the pages and looking at the transaction history (she did this for like 2 mins)

VO: (She asked my wife to do fingerprint and I followed)

VO: Your visa has been approved (She said so many other things after that, like when we can enter the US, the documents to present at the port of entry but I wasn't listening because I was already overjoyed)

I pray for those going for their visa interviews to meet God's favour. I am really overjoyed now

She didn't ask for GRE, IELTS/TOEFL, Transcript or any other document for that matter apart from my bank statement. It's not by might but by prayer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kwenu: 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2014
HAIL all House, y all tell me sume school i can attend in the states.
tell me good and low cost and affordable of which can be recognized at the embassy here in Nigeria if i wanna get visa

universities i mean

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by meskezzy(f): 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
imperiouxx:

Thanks. I don't need the high school transcript anymore.

I've been told today that my BS and MS is good for me to take the undergrad psy and soc prerequisites.
oh good then.. That takes the stress off ur shoulder boss... Be good sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 8:17pm On Oct 22, 2014
teddyrain:
any fella heading to chicago 28th via emirates
Oga Teddyrain, do u know any Nigerian or student in Illinois state University, or someone residing in Normal - Illinois?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 8:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
azeezbaba:
Alhamdulilahi robil alameen. All praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord
Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
kwenu:
HAIL all House, y all tell me sume school i can attend in the states.
tell me good and low cost and affordable of which can be recognized at the embassy here in Nigeria if i wanna get visa

universities i mean

thanks

Scroll through the previous posts, the question you asked has been answered!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
azeezbaba:
Alhamdulilahi robil alameen. All praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
Let me start by thanking all the gurus in the house, Morris, Aanowai, Bigfrancis & Idawz et al. I can't thank you all enough.
Time: 7.30am - Abuja - Window 9 (Although we didn't enter the embassy until some minutes to 10am because I forget my bank statement)

Me: Of all the schools I visited when I was on holiday in the US, North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University has the best infrastructure and research facilities and the only one that offers my 1st choice concentration which is Cyber Security.

VO: She looked at the statement carefully, flipping the pages and looking at the transaction history (she did this for like 2 mins)

VO: Your visa has been approved (She said so many other things after that, like when we can enter the US, the documents to present at the port of entry but I wasn't listening because I was already overjoyed)

I pray for those going for their visa interviews to meet God's favour. I am really overjoyed now

She didn't ask for GRE, IELTS/TOEFL, Transcript or any other document for that matter apart from my bank statement. It's not by might but by prayer.
Congrats Mr Azeez. I also tap into that grace. I don't want a long chat before my approval

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 8:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
Pls for those that have gotten their visa approved. How long did it take for your passport×visa to be ready for collection? I want to book a return flight ticket to Lagos for my interview, so I want to plan my journey well.
Thanks in advance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nikas0005: 9:04pm On Oct 22, 2014
MrRoYCe:

Boss FedEx called my yesterday to come and pick up my I-20(Troy Uni.)
send u a pm reply pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 9:13pm On Oct 22, 2014
Dot1:
Pls for those that have gotten their visa approved. How long did it take for your passport×visa to be ready for collection? I want to book a return flight ticket to Lagos for my interview, so I want to plan my journey well.
Thanks in advance.

If it's Abuja, it takes 2 days. Mine will be ready for pickup on friday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
mattkelly:

UG OR MASTERS?

Masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by asadiaboymma: 9:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
Helo. Everyone, please is there a center preference for GRE? Help as iam about to register. Thanks to u all.

Please how do I comment on someone's post?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
dotman2460:
Congratulations. Amen. Amen. Amen.

Your bank statement must b intimidating. Money obviously did the job.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2014
between At&t and Tmobile which do u think is generally cheaper.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2014
Yes there are:

1. Closeness to your location.
2. Empty seats availability at this center.

Really, you all write the same test, same day, with only you to answer the questions.

jk.... All the best.

asadiaboymma:
Helo. Everyone, please is there a center preference for GRE? Help as iam about to register. Thanks to u all.

Please how do I comment on someone's post?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tayoamos: 9:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
innovativeame:

Congratulations brother. When God is involved, there is always paucity of dilatory. Grace is the very quintessential of God's nature. Go and excel.
Congrats, pls how much is the tution fee for your program in this university for the 2 years, and how much was shown on your statement of account at your interview pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ZionSpecie(m): 10:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
markenson:
Halleluyah,Visa approved on 20/10/2014 by d consular(man) in window 7,interview occurred arond 7:50am within 1-2mins without asking for my name talk less of asking for any documents though I took junks of docs to d embassy.
Transcript:
VO: u are going to michigan state uniersity (with a big smile)?
ME: yes ofcourse
VO: for what?
Me: to pursue masters In general public health
VOsad he checked my i-20 ).what course did you study at undergraduate level
Me: medical laboratory science
VO: gave a nod,and sstarted typing fast, your undergraduate school?
Me: Lautech
VO: ok. How did u hear about this school and y going to US?
Me: my role model (prof.......)recommended d school and I ferreted internet to know more about the school. And i choosed to go to us because my father told me America is 6 yeas ahead of developing country in education,Moreover ,certificate from us is of higher recognition here in Nigeria.
VO: hmmmm, tell me how u were considered for admission?
Me: I was like eh!!! Because I no hear the man
Vo: I mean did u do standardized tests, admission process etc?
Me: oh! I did GRE Ielts and I sent my CV and personal statement of goal ,all to support my application.
VO: would u return back after your studies?
Me: definetly , going for master In public health is to have in depth knowledge on how to protect and improve people health which will culminate to healthier and stronger community both on local and global scale bla bla bla.. ........ ( made ref to Nigeria here )
Vo: typing more faster , looking for his pen at the angle where white paper is. Picked white paper ,aiit, who is your sponsor ?
Me: my dad
Vo : what does he do?
Me: hes a prof. Of medicine and he has a private hospital.
Vo: OHk,your visa is approved and u can bla bla bla ....
Me: thank you very much.
VO: u welcome
All just look like a mere conversation within 2mins.
Anyway its Gods grace and divine favour.
However,confidence also played key role.

Thanks to all gurus that edified me during d admission and visa application process.
Thanks a lot.
Best wishes to others going for their interview.
greatest ladokite! congrats

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
azeezbaba:

Masters
Azeezbaba....is cyber security under High technology crime?...pls I need to knw dis asap...thanx boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 11:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
nikas0005:
send u a pm reply pls

Replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by femoric9: 11:47pm On Oct 22, 2014
I am back with my questions again, tanx for alwys bin there for me. I actually deferred my admission from fall to dis spring semester and i am expecting my new Form I-20 and i plan to chose late november for my interview since my sch resumes Jan9. My only concern is dat i have gotten d bank statement of my broda dat i intend to use and i find out he has just #7m in it and sch fees for d 1st year is like #4.5m, pls wat other document can i add to dis to convince d VO dat he is capable of sponsoring me. Likewise, i realise dat d bank statement balance flunctuate alot, dia was eveb a time he had like just 400k, 500k, 700k and co inside it, though he started wit 5m as opening balance in march. Pls, advice me, because my only concern as always bin d statement palaver. Also, hope i can still use d statement in november since i have printed it out now already. Tanx and God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 12:43am On Oct 23, 2014
azeezbaba:

congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 12:44am On Oct 23, 2014
femoric9:
I am back with my questions again, tanx for alwys bin there for me. I actually deferred my admission from fall to dis spring semester and i am expecting my new Form I-20 and i plan to chose late november for my interview since my sch resumes Jan9. My only concern is dat i have gotten d bank statement of my broda dat i intend to use and i find out he has just #7m in it and sch fees for d 1st year is like #4.5m, pls wat other document can i add to dis to convince d VO dat he is capable of sponsoring me. Likewise, i realise dat d bank statement balance flunctuate alot, dia was eveb a time he had like just 400k, 500k, 700k and co inside it, though he started wit 5m as opening balance in march. Pls, advice me, because my only concern as always bin d statement palaver. Also, hope i can still use d statement in november since i have printed it out now already. Tanx and God bless
The bank statement shouldn't be older than six month. If asked why early date, you could say you printed it the same day you sent a copy to your prospective school for the release of I-20. As for the cash flow in the statement, I don't think that should be a challenge because exigencies are ineluctable, anything can happen that warrant withdrawal of any sum. Relax and be courageous.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 2:16am On Oct 23, 2014
dotman2460:
I think this may only apply to illegal immigrants already living in the US.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2800356/us-immigration-authorities-prep-order-34-million-blank-green-cards-work-authorization-papers-obama-readies-executive-order-illegal-aliens.html

Yeah illegal aliens and more work based/dependents green cards..it'll be tough to get through though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 2:18am On Oct 23, 2014
imperiouxx:

The part of biology I'm good at day/night is the part that deals with human body organization and functions.

Believe me, I have no bit of fear. I've taught many medical aspired jamb students areas covered in HA&P for years.

Also, you know I've covered some parts of it in various biochem courses. My only anxiety is been in psy and soc class for the first time but with good concentration, I should be able to handle them fine.
am taking psychology as well, inshort 2 psychology, introduction and lifespan, were you told to do both sociology and psyc ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 5:53am On Oct 23, 2014
azeezbaba:

If it's Abuja, it takes 2 days. Mine will be ready for pickup on friday
Thanks a lot bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 7:00am On Oct 23, 2014
No Contract Phone MEANS? someone pls explain
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 7:01am On Oct 23, 2014
teddyrain, halinz bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 7:02am On Oct 23, 2014
innovativeame:

Oga Teddyrain, do u know any Nigerian or student in Illinois state University, or someone residing in Normal - Illinois?
No sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 7:03am On Oct 23, 2014
exxy:
teddyrain, halinz bro
Boss I'm good expecting you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 7:04am On Oct 23, 2014
teddyrain:
Boss I'm good expecting you.
ok sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Morris(m): 7:17am On Oct 23, 2014
oh am so happy for you brother a very big congratulations to you. we will meet at Aggie Pride! NC you code naa lolz. Thank God

azeezbaba:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 8:57am On Oct 23, 2014
azeezbaba:

Congrats! Mine testimony coming on d way. In Jesus Name. Amen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.