Stats: 3,148,955 members, 7,803,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865001 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
GolfingDiva:
Hey Alicia, what are you doing here? Thanks for flattering me anyway. But I will leave you like a shot if you don't pay attention to details. I am Joenice cheesy

Hi guys,
I am no longer using the previous account. This is my new account.

Alicia, you're really crazy. grin
No more "Nice " now a"Diva". I smell a rat.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 10:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
Please o, is there anybody in the house travelling to Charleston, Illinois for Spring 2015 (January) or that already school at EIU. Holla at me please. I need help with info and I need my naija, that I can fee more at home with.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ionnigga(m): 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2014
7:30am, Abuja Consulate. Spring 2015

iON: Good morning madam
VO: good morning. Please pass your passport

Due to nervousness, I go pass am my passport pouch. looool

VO: this is your passport cover. Pass your passport; and your i-20 please
iON: I'm sorry madam. (I passed them accordingly)
She come dey vet am, while typing...

VO: So what are you going to the US for?
iON: Im going to the US to obtain a masters degree in Aerospace Engineering.
She come look me in my eyes....

VO: Which school are you going to?
iON: told Her.
VO: Why this school?

She come enter my domain with that question. I begin give her speech..

iON: I chose this school for the following reasons. Firstly, The school is located in a city nicknamed the air capital of the world due to the ubiquity of aviation industries there, and as such, the aerospace department in this school has an attractive cooperative education programme whereby faculty especially students conduct research collaboratively with these aviation industries which gives...............

She cuts me abruptly

VO: Why this degree?
iON: I pursuing this degree so as to equip myself with the skills, knowledge and technical know-how in order to use them and tap into the opportunities created by my governments reforms in the aviation sector.

VO then looks into my eyes, packs my documents one side and asked...

VO: What do you mean? Where are you gonna work with this degree here? Tell me.

Mehn, undecidedepilepsy come catch me for my leg oo. I had to position my legs like I wannna take a free kick like Cristiano Ronaldo in order not to allow the epileptic currents pass on to my hands and face.. angry [color=#000099][/color]looool!!!

iON: I can work in MRO's i.e Maintenance,Repair and Overhaul facilities.
VO: Why dont you get this degree here in Nigeria?
iON: Madam, this degree isn’t obtainable here. What is obtainable is the technical aspect and NOT [/b]the [b]engineering aspects.

I forgot my lines for that particular question. I had to improvise, confidently.

VO: Did you write the SAT or TOEFL or....
iON: I wrote the GRE and TOEFL madam
VO: Pass it to me let me see your scores.

I passed her my GRE and TOEFL results. She vets them for about a minute.

VO: Who is sponsoring you?
iON: My father is sponsoring me.
VO: Who is your father?
iON: My father is the CEO of one of the most renowned ******** companies in Nigeria
VO: And what is the name of this company?
iON: ******************
VO: Do you have his Account statement?
iON: Yes ma'm.
VO: Pass it to me.

i did. She vets if for about a minute and 30 secs. She come dey type. As she was vetting and typing, I was praying in my mind, "lord I shall not go home with my passport today." .... loool

Then, she said….

VO: your visa has been approved. bla bla bla bla................

As soon as i heard the golden words, I come dey blow my cheeks like say i dey celebrate goal like Drogba. grin lool. I hardly listened to what she was saying mehn, although I had an idea. I was so excited. On how she talk finish, pass me back my other docs and the collection letter, I come turn back. People come dey look me. I bone like 50 Cent angry, begin step out like Rick Ross. cool
After I don go far small, I come do sign of the cross, dedicate am to the heavens like Messi dey do when he score goal. I enter my motor, start am, reverse, stop... come dey look the embassy building. The look on my face was that of, " I came, I saw, I conquered.".. . I come put gear for Drive, laugh like 50 Cent, grin screech off......... That’s it. grin

TIPS: Confidence is important. Also, maintain eye contact. Keep your answers as concise as possible, with all the necessary points, and EMPAHSIZE on your points while explaining something. Listen carefully to hear the VO's questions. Too much "pardon" or "what did you say" or "come again" will signal to them that you don’t know what to answer and you’re thinking. (Someone got denied because of this).
Above all, pray to God and have faith. I wish every one who is yet to be interviewed success.
Cheers.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ionnigga(m): 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
Bro, I see where are headed same place, same department. Send Me a message, we gats yarn. grin
burgessdon:
Me: good morning sir

V.o: morning can I see your passport and ds160

V.o: so you are going for studies

Me: yes sir

V.o: can I see your i-20?

Me:yes , handed it over to him
(v.o: scans through it )

V.o: so you are going to be a pilot

Me: no an engineer

V.o:why did you choose this university

Me: because XXY is nicknamed the air hub of the world, the institution has one of the oldest aerospace departments in the united states, and has a very good history in reaserch especially in my field of interest

V.o: (smiling and pointing at me) that's right

V.o: aircraft companies there uhm cessna beech uhn beech

Me: beech craft , mooney

V.o: (smiles)

V.o: can I see your dad's bank statement
Me: ( hands them over) actually its my mom's

V.o: (smile) ya they're always paying

V.o: (did somethings on the computer)
V.o may I see your secondary school transcript? Me:hands him my ssce original certificate
V.o: you've been approved

V.o: (hands over my documents but withholds the ds-160 and passport then hands over the retrieval form)

Me: thank you sir
I did both SAT & TOFEL but none was asked ,though it was stated in my I.20 that "the student has the required English proficiency

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
Congratz bro.

ionnigga:

iON: I chose this school for the following reasons. Firstly, The school is located in a city nicknamed the air capital of the world due to the ubiquity of aviation industries there, and as such, the aerospace department in this school has an attractive cooperative education programme whereby faculty especially students conduct research collaboratively with these aviation industries which gives...............

She cuts me abruptly

iON: I pursuing this degree so as to equip myself with the skills, knowledge and technical know-how in order to use them and tap into the opportunities created by my governments reforms in the aviation sector.

Mehn, undecidedepilepsy come catch me for my leg oo. I had to position my legs like I wannna take a free kick like Cristiano Ronaldo in order not to allow the epileptic currents pass on to my hands and face.. angry [color=#000099][/color]looool!!!

iON: Madam, this degree isn’t obtainable here. What is obtainable is the technical aspect and NOT [/b]the [b]engineering aspects.

I forgot my lines for that particular question. I had to improvise, confidently.

iON: My father is the CEO of one of the most renowned ******** companies in Nigeria

i did. She vets if for about a minute and 30 secs. She come dey type. As she was vetting and typing, I was praying in my mind, "lord I shall not go home with my passport today." .... loool

Then, she said….

As soon as i heard the golden words, I come dey blow my cheeks like say i dey celebrate goal like Drogba. grin lool. I hardly listened to what she was saying mehn, although I had an idea. I was so excited. On how she talk finish, pass me back my other docs and the collection letter, I come turn back. People come dey look me. I bone like 50 Cent angry, begin step out like Rick Ross. cool
After I don go far small, I come do sign of the cross, dedicate am to the heavens like Messi dey do when he score goal. I enter my motor, start am, reverse, stop... come dey look the embassy building. The look on my face was that of, " I came, I saw, I conquered.".. . I come put gear for Drive, laugh like 50 Cent, grin screech off......... That’s it. grin

TIPS: Confidence is important. Also, maintain eye contact. Keep your answers as concise as possible, with all the necessary points, and EMPAHSIZE on your points while explaining something. Listen carefully to hear the VO's questions. Too much "pardon" or "what did you say" or "come again" will signal to them that you don’t know what to answer and you’re thinking. (Someone got denied because of this).
Above all, pray to God and have faith. I wish every one who is yet to be interviewed success.
Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:25am On Oct 24, 2014
berry45:
how long does it take for sevp to process ones sevis fee?

It depend on the payment method that you used in paying your sevis fee...

If its WU 1 or 2 days while MO 3-5 days including the day it was mail it to Sevp office
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 4:39am On Oct 24, 2014
berry45:
how long does it take for sevp to process ones sevis fee?
3 business day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 4:45am On Oct 24, 2014
ionnigga:
F1 Visa approved 22nd Oct, Abuja Consulate. Transcript coming in a giffy grin
Congrats! Let's feel or transcript...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 4:59am On Oct 24, 2014
ionnigga:

She cuts me abruptly

Then, she said….

Cheers.
Amen! Congrats...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:33am On Oct 24, 2014
ionnigga:
F1 Visa approved 22nd Oct, Abuja Consulate. Transcript coming in a giffy grin

Cheers!

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 24, 2014
I will try that tonight, though I resolved pay the thirty bucks for the one year practice test access. I will do as you suggested, but if it does not work, I will do as planned instead. Will keep you posted. Thanks.
Horayce:

Don't panic. Change your region to USA. It should work. Let me know if you have any issues
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nikas0005: 7:41am On Oct 24, 2014
Good morning folks , as anyone register and use his or her paypal online should share how it works . I register mind few days ago try to link it with my GTB debt master card online but it not work , anyone advise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 24, 2014
innovativeame:

No more "Nice " now a"Diva". I smell a rat.
Lol, you really don't have to antagonize at this, but if you do, then it's back to basics cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 8:52am On Oct 24, 2014
femoric9:
I am back with my questions again, tanx for alwys bin there for me. I actually deferred my admission from fall to dis spring semester and i am expecting my new Form I-20 and i plan to chose late november for my interview since my sch resumes Jan9. My only concern is dat i have gotten d bank statement of my broda dat i intend to use and i find out he has just #7m in it and sch fees for d 1st year is like #4.5m, pls wat other document can i add to dis to convince d VO dat he is capable of sponsoring me. Likewise, i realise dat d bank statement balance flunctuate alot, dia was eveb a time he had like just 400k, 500k, 700k and co inside it, though he started wit 5m as opening balance in march. Pls, advice me, because my only concern as always bin d statement palaver. Also, hope i can still use d statement in november since i have printed it out now already. Tanx and God bless
And you addressed 7million naira as 'just'. You made it sound as a pittance.
Anyway, the money is okay as long as it covers your school's financial requirement for one year. But you said your tuition is 4.5m. I want to believe you meant all the financial requirements for a year including books, feeding, room/boards, miscellaneous.
The other documents you can go with to substantiate his bank statement is his affidavit of support and his tax clearance certificate.
As for the roller coaster of funds reflecting in his bank statement, bother less about that. It's even good, because that denotes he's not just depositing money there.
All the BEST
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 24, 2014
Hello house, please I need advise, i already booked my IELTS for November. Is there any school that I can apply now for undergraduate course or diploma course that can waive standardized tests and also a school that I can upload my WAEC and other documents electronically without sending by courier. Please help with info, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 9:02am On Oct 24, 2014
GolfingDiva:
Lol, you really don't have to antagonize at this, but if you do, then it's back to basics cheesy
It's not about being antagonistic, I care about your identity, however, if you so desire we return to basics, then I'm right behind you. Basics will always be basics grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2014
ionnigga:
Congratz bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:15am On Oct 24, 2014
nicholls2013:
Hello house, please I need advise, i already booked my IELTS for November. Is there any school that I can apply now for undergraduate course or diploma course that can waive standardized tests and also a school that I can upload my WAEC and other documents electronically without sending by courier. Please help with info, thanks

Yes they are.. check the previous pages and you will find them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2014
Please walspring, please help me mention some, my work doesn't give me any free space at all to do anything.please help. God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:32am On Oct 24, 2014
nicholls2013:
Please walspring, please help me mention some, my work doesn't give me any free space at all to do anything.please help. God bless you

Why wont you work give you space to do that? i guess your work might not even give you space to go to embassy for your interview then.. lol anyway am just kidding ooo grin grin grin grin

Troy university
CSU fresno
SMSU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bartino: 9:51am On Oct 24, 2014
imperiouxx:

How would they trace your document with no reference number among the hundreds of documents they receive everyday?

They don't reply calls or emails. That's their policy.
I sent my reference number and the waybill to them via email and they replied so am waiting hopefully.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2014
ionnigga:

She come dey vet am, while typing.
dem no born the VO make e no give you. you really rock. you must be a comedian. CONGRATS!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Obiwannn: 11:18am On Oct 24, 2014
I salute men that matter in this thread ooo... Please pardon my ignorance.
I'm interested in studying in the US with graduate assistantship..
Please help a brother with details of the way to go..
Also I'd love to know if one would still have to pass through the stress of submitting sponsor's account details since I'm not going to be self sponsoring myself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dontrezzo(m): 2:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
sup everyone, i would just like to ask a question
I'm writing SAT on December.Is it too late? because i want start college by next year spring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
dontrezzo:
I'm writing SAT on December.Is it too late? because i want start college by next year spring
Nope
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dontrezzo(m): 2:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
coobboy:

Nope
ok smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
dontrezzo:

Its too late because spring 2015 begins mostly 1st week of January and i dont think your school will be able to issue a new I-20 that stated that you have done proficiency for English only if you apply to school that does not require that when processing admission...

Maybe you are referring to Spring 2016... Is that right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
dontrezzo:

Spring 2016 not late! Spring 2015 way too late... Most schools admission closes this November..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
akanni:

thanks a mille

Thanks to God...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
bartino:
I sent my reference number and the waybill to them via email and they replied so am waiting hopefully.

Sending document along with reference number makes it easy for them to locate your documents on timely manner.

So you will have to be patient with them and pray you don't have to resend. This happens to a friend who sent ref number like a month after sending document.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
From JKK undecidedI just finish my GRE. The thing hard o I got 290, 147V 143q ihave sent it to my school of choice, ihave paid for my application, any moral boast from the gurus pls am waiting
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 4:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
Walspring:

Its too late because spring 2015 begins mostly 1st week of January and i dont think your school will be able to issue a new I-20 that stated that you have done proficiency for English only if you apply to school that does not require that when processing admission...

Maybe you are referring to Spring 2016... Is that right?
He said next year spring 2016 I believe

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66