Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,885 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (129) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (864936 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Replied you.

Did u see my msg boss?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
mcfarlin:

Thank you sir but my questions are innumerable right now...

Ok I think I will register for ielts then

My sponsor is based in chicago..

Please can you recommend any good schools in the chicago area?

Then how do I grade my o'level results?.

To be candid with you there are alot of good schools in Chicago but you will have to do the research for yourself and pick the best school in Chicago but don't forget that it might flag you as potential immigrant since your sponsor is in Chicago and you also heading to Chicago to school.

Use foreigncredits.com to calculate and grade your o'level. But A is 4, B and C4 is 3, C5 and C6 is 2, E8 and D7 is 1 and F is 0.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2014
Walspring:

To be candid with you there are alot of good schools in Chicago but you will have to do the research for yourself and pick the best school in Chicago but don't forget that it might flag you as potential immigrant since your sponsor is in Chicago and you also heading to Chicago to school.

Use foreigncredits.com to calculate and grade your o'level. But A is 4, B and C4 is 3, C5 and C6 is 2, E8 and D7 is 1 and F is 0.

Thanks 4your warm responses on PM, you r rly a wonderful guy, pls respond 2ma last msg. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 4:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
congrats bro.
dotman2460:
Good news and not soo good news. One granted while the other was "temporarily" denied......I believe the visa is his and he will claim it the next time.

I and one other NL member went for our visa interview this morning. Mine was granted.

Very short interview.

VO: Good morning sir.
ME: Good morning.

VO: What is your purpose of travel?
ME: Masters Degree in Computer Science.

Brief pause....

VO: How did you found out about the school?
ME: A recommendation from an alumni.

VO: Who will pay for your study?
ME: My dad.

VO: What does he do?
ME: Works with so and so.

The moment she set aside my passport and returned my other document, I knew God has done it.
She then utters those magical words, "Pick up your visa at this address on Monday'.

I turned around, smiled from ear to ear, punched the air and kept on wishing everyone on my way out goodluck, even the ones that were not there for any interview......security guards.

Nothing but God.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2014
teddyrain:
@charzyhy2 wassup?
hello bro, it's been some time.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Professor1234(f): 5:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
zeezahbee:
na wa oo, see as the guy write me name correctly. haba, you be wizard dont do that again tongue grin. anyways Wish you the same my brother ....Taqabal Allahu Minna Waminkum
salamualekun waramotullahi wabarakatuhu, am yusuff, pls are u a pharmacists or Doctor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
dotman2460:
Good news and not soo good news. One granted while the other was "temporarily" denied......I believe the visa is his and he will claim it the next time.

I and one other NL member went for our visa interview this morning. Mine was granted.

Very short interview.

VO: Good morning sir.
ME: Good morning.

VO: What is your purpose of travel?
ME: Masters Degree in Computer Science.

Brief pause....

VO: How did you found out about the school?
ME: A recommendation from an alumni.

VO: Who will pay for your study?
ME: My dad.

VO: What does he do?
ME: Works with so and so.

The moment she set aside my passport and returned my other document, I knew God has done it.
She then utters those magical words, "Pick up your visa at this address on Monday'.

I turned around, smiled from ear to ear, punched the air and kept on wishing everyone on my way out goodluck, even the ones that were not there for any interview......security guards.

Nothing but God.

Big Congrats bro... Our God is good. U made it simply cuz those "Protocols" been broken on ur behalf. Shikennah!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
charzyh2:

hello bro, it's been some time.
yea wassup and hows prep?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
dotman2460:

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:36pm On Oct 29, 2014
phemix:

Thanks 4your warm responses on PM, you r rly a wonderful guy, pls respond 2ma last msg. Thanks

Lets give that thanks to God... Sorry for not replying since because i was busy and no access to my email..

PM already replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 9:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
slimmy05:
Pedigrecity, where art thou
Ibadan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 9:27pm On Oct 29, 2014
teddyrain:
boss, no much prep. still playing my normal games.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
teddyrain:
how yours? I'm certain you can't wait to see Nancy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 10:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
Walspring:

Lets give that thanks to God... Sorry for not replying since because i was busy and no access to my email..

PM already replied

Bro I dd nt see it o, you can please resend, thanks but I heard dat stuff cannot be changed so we cld leave it pending ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by juntod: 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
Its been a while guys.. what has been happening? Nobody miss me sef.. which kind nairaland family be dis?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by opad(m): 12:11am On Oct 30, 2014
Glad to have a change in status by WES to "Documents received - review in progress".
Does that sentence mean they have commenced evaluation? How long does it change?
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 12:31am On Oct 30, 2014
oops! guess I broke some rules then, No p.
Sorry about that justwise, guess my despair got d better of me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by justwise(m): 12:34am On Oct 30, 2014
Theflint1:
oops! guess I broke some rules then, No p.

Stop asking for bank statement, its not a must to study abroad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 12:46am On Oct 30, 2014
justwise:

Stop asking for bank statement, its not a must to study abroad.
Hmmm...k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by winbyforce: 1:35am On Oct 30, 2014
dotman2460:

Very short interview.

Nothing but God.

Congrats dotman! smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:13am On Oct 30, 2014
phemix:

Bro I dd nt see it o, you can please resend, thanks but I heard dat stuff cannot be changed so we cld leave it pending ...

I've replied you now... It was someone i replied before and not you... Am sorry for the previous post..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:51am On Oct 30, 2014
opad:
How best can one contact WES please, my school has been done verifying my transcript since last week (confirmed) friday but my status hasnt changed from 'Waiting for verification from institution' yet.
I called their number many times, the voice prompt keeps holding for an agent that never shows up.
Thanks.
I'm in your shoes, you'd have to send an email from a contact-us link on the WES page and they'll respond within 2-3 working days. My contact in my school claims they've responded to the verification via email. Since last week monday the status has not changed. WES claims they havent received anything from my school, an old federal uni. I don tire. After paying my contact guy 12k to help me follow up with a mere email verification. Now I can't tell if i'm being lied to. fck this country men
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 30, 2014
Horayce:

I'm in your shoes, you'd have to send an email from a contact-us link on the WES page and they'll respond within 2-3 working days. My contact in my school claims they've responded to the verification via email. Since last week monday the status has not changed. WES claims they havent received anything from my school, an old federal uni. I don tire. After paying my contact guy 12k to help me follow up with a mere email verification. Now I can't tell if i'm being lied to. fck this country men
You're downhearted. Which school is that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 30, 2014
GolfingDiva:
You're downhearted. Which school is that?
Really don't want to name and shame let's just call it one of the federal unis up country. Took me about a year to get my transcript. Now, its anyones guess how long the WES verification would take. When wasting a year and half of your life to some senseless strikes was not enough, now this. This country na real dream killer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 9:21am On Oct 30, 2014
juntod:
Its been a while guys.. what has been happening? Nobody miss me sef.. which kind nairaland family be dis?
egin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mcfarlin(m): 9:22am On Oct 30, 2014
Horayce:

Really don't want to name and shame let's just call it one of the federal unis up country. Took me about a year to get my transcript. Now, its anyones guess how long the WES verification would take. When wasting a year and half of your life to some senseless strikes was not enough, now this. This country na real dream killer.

Don't be discouraged bro GOD is in control.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 9:48am On Oct 30, 2014
Horayce:

Sorry for what u are passing through. Went through sth similar after paying 35k for transcript. Havent u thought about going to the school urself? Guess it would be better if you're there pushing things urself. Also, the American dream has a never say die spirit. So, never think of giving up!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 30, 2014
nedum360:

Sorry for what u are passing through. Went through sth similar after paying 35k for transcript. Havent u thought about going to the school urself? Guess it would be better if you're there pushing things urself. Also, the American dream has a never say die spirit. So, never think of giving up!
mcfarlin:

Don't be discouraged bro GOD is in control.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
Got to the embassy @ 6:30am, got screened and I saw an underG boy without experience. I began to interview him. He failed my questions and I wasn't too happy with him.
A black lady in window 1 denied all the 5 persons that went to her plus the guy I interviewed myself.
It was my turn to go to her and I said loudly that the guy beside me heard that, God, let the spirit of denial melt when I get to her. Who says God doesn't answer prayers? Check the interview below;

Me: Good Morning Ma
VO: You are Ajjjj .....,
ME: Corrected her as she was calling my name like an aboki
VO: Why are you going to the US?
ME: For a masters degree in safety management program
VO: why did you choose 'your school'?
ME: pardon (didn't hear her well)
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
ME: 5 schools, 3 in US, 1 in Canada, and 1 in Finland. I mentioned those schools to her
VO: Did any of them reject you?
ME: not really, just that I am yet to get a supervisor for one US school and the Canadian school
VO: Why choose your school?
ME: I choose my school because their curriculum aligns with my intended course of study
VO: How does the curriculum aligns with it?
ME: well, I have been in close relationship with my intended advisor, professor ***
VO: (cuts in) you went to the US to see him?
ME: NO, via mail and phone calls. So, I questioned him about the courses that would be taken when I get down and I was able to appreciate measurement and instrumentation as an aspect of my course
VO: when did you graduate?
ME: in 2010
VO: From where?
ME: Oba awon uni, here in Nigeria
VO: What have you been doing since you graduated?
ME: I have been working with AAA as an EEE Engineer
VO: What do you mean by EEE?
ME: I explained to her with the highest level of gesticulation
VO: You said you are going for Safety Management and your I-20 seems to have an issue because I can see here that it is an MBA that you will be majoring in?
ME: I saw that myself when I got the I-20 and I mailed the office of international service complaining to them. I have a copies of the correspondence with me here
VO: Let me see it
ME: handed over to her and she glanced like this guy too sharp for me to denie ooo
VO: how do you plan to fund your education?
ME: My elder sister will support me
VO: Why your elder sister?
ME: She has been supporting me since the demise of our father in the year 2002
VO: what does she do?
ME: she works with Total naija as a network admin
VO: what will you do when you come back to naija?
ME: I will work as a consultant to major industries especially the oil and gas firms. I can also work as a safety engineer or Manager
VO: Are you married?
ME: No
VO: Do you have friends in the US?
ME: No! The ones I have are done with their academics and are back here in Naija
VO: We will issue you a Visa
ME: I no hear anything again as I don break jinx for the rest.

Many Thanks to God. No document was asked except for the one I let her check. I took the GRE, TOEFL, and had a bag full of documents.

I also signalled at the guy beside me to confirm to him that I got the visa approved.

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 12:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
Forgot to add. I took a marwa which was overspeeding. It rammed into some blocks in front of a police station. I hit my legs badly. I picked my folder and check my pick up letter to be sure say dem no follow come from Village!. Let us all pray more.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.