Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865643 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
Congratulations Bro

technolee:
Got to the embassy @ 6:30am, got screened and I saw an underG boy without experience. I began to interview him. He failed my questions and I wasn't too happy with him.
A black lady in window 1 denied all the 5 persons that went to her plus the guy I interviewed myself.
It was my turn to go to her and I said loudly that the guy beside me heard that, God, let the spirit of denial melt when I get to her. Who says God doesn't answer prayers? Check the interview below;

Me: Good Morning Ma
VO: You are Ajjjj .....,
ME: Corrected her as she was calling my name like an aboki
VO: Why are you going to the US?
ME: For a masters degree in safety management program
VO: why did you choose 'your school'?
ME: pardon (didn't hear her well)
VO: How many schools did you apply to?
ME: 5 schools, 3 in US, 1 in Canada, and 1 in Finland. I mentioned those schools to her
VO: Did any of them reject you?
ME: not really, just that I am yet to get a supervisor for one US school and the Canadian school
VO: Why choose your school?
ME: I choose my school because their curriculum aligns with my intended course of study
VO: How does the curriculum aligns with it?
ME: well, I have been in close relationship with my intended advisor, professor ***
VO: (cuts in) you went to the US to see him?
ME: NO, via mail and phone calls. So, I questioned him about the courses that would be taken when I get down and I was able to appreciate measurement and instrumentation as an aspect of my course
VO: when did you graduate?
ME: in 2010
VO: From where?
ME: Oba awon uni, here in Nigeria
VO: What have you been doing since you graduated?
ME: I have been working with AAA as an EEE Engineer
VO: What do you mean by EEE?
ME: I explained to her with the highest level of gesticulation
VO: You said you are going for Safety Management and your I-20 seems to have an issue because I can see here that it is an MBA that you will be majoring in?
ME: I saw that myself when I got the I-20 and I mailed the office of international service complaining to them. I have a copies of the correspondence with me here
VO: Let me see it
ME: handed over to her and she glanced like this guy too sharp for me to denie ooo
VO: how do you plan to fund your education?
ME: My elder sister will support me
VO: Why your elder sister?
ME: She has been supporting me since the demise of our father in the year 2002
VO: what does she do?
ME: she works with Total naija as a network admin
VO: what will you do when you come back to naija?
ME: I will work as a consultant to major industries especially the oil and gas firms. I can also work as a safety engineer or Manager
VO: Are you married?
ME: No
VO: Do you have friends in the US?
ME: No! The ones I have are done with their academics and are back here in Naija
VO: We will issue you a Visa
ME: I no hear anything again as I don break jinx for the rest.

Many Thanks to God. No document was asked except for the one I let her check. I took the GRE, TOEFL, and had a bag full of documents.

I also signalled at the guy beside me to confirm to him that I got the visa approved.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 12:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
technolee:
Got to the embassy @ 6:30am, got screened and I saw an underG boy without experience. I began to interview him. He failed my questions and I wasn't too happy with him.
A black lady in window 1 denied all the 5 persons that went to her plus the guy I interviewed myself.
It was my turn to go to her and I said loudly that the guy beside me heard that, God, let the spirit of denial melt when I get to her. Who says God doesn't answer prayers? Check the interview below;

ME: 5 schools, 3 in US, 1 in Canada, and 1 in Finland. I mentioned those schools to her
ME: not really, just that I am yet to get a supervisor for one US school and the Canadian school
ME: I choose my school because their curriculum aligns with my intended course of study
ME: well, I have been in close relationship with my intended advisor, professor ***
ME: NO, via mail and phone calls. So, I questioned him about the courses that would be taken when I get down and I was able to appreciate measurement and instrumentation as an aspect of my course
VO: You said you are going for Safety Management and your I-20 seems to have an issue because I can see here that it is an MBA that you will be majoring in?
ME: I saw that myself when I got the I-20 and I mailed the office of international service complaining to them. I have a copies of the correspondence with me here
ME: handed over to her and she glanced like this guy too sharp for me to denie ooo
ME: I will work as a consultant to major industries especially the oil and gas firms. I can also work as a safety engineer or Manager
ME: No! The ones I have are done with their academics and are back here in Naija

Many Thanks to God. No document was asked except for the one I let her check. I took the GRE, TOEFL, and had a bag full of documents.

I also signalled at the guy beside me to confirm to him that I got the visa approved.
All glory be unto God... Congrats bro

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 12:45pm On Oct 30, 2014
[quote author=technolee post=27578069]Got to the embassy @ 6:30am, got screened and I saw an underG boy without experience. I began to interview him. He failed my questions and I wasn't too happy with him.
Congratulations Bro...
I tap into your success.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2014
[quote author=Folarge06 post=27578953][/quote]Yours will come in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
Lord let every protocol be broken on our behalf. Let us be able to sing a new song...allow nairalanders to praise u upon our issue. So shall it be. In Jesus Name. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
Horayce:

Really don't want to name and shame let's just call it one of the federal unis up country. Took me about a year to get my transcript. Now, its anyones guess how long the WES verification would take. When wasting a year and half of your life to some senseless strikes was not enough, now this. This country na real dream killer.
I see. Always do things with people that will add more value to your life and not subtract it. Look for institutions that do not require WES and beat them at their own game.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
technolee:

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2014
technolee:
Forgot to add. I took a marwa which was overspeeding. It rammed into some blocks in front of a police station. I hit my legs badly. I picked my folder and check my pick up letter to be sure say dem no follow come from Village!. [b]Let us all pray [/b]more.

Prayer works and we need prayers... Pray for me too... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
PedigreeCity:
Lord let every protocol be broken on my behalf. Let us be able to sing a new song...allow nairalanders to praise u upon my issue. So shall it be. In Jesus Name. Amen!

I key into this prayer by faith...

Please always put us and not you alone... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
technolee:

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2014
Walspring:

Prayer works and we need prayers... Pray for me too... grin grin grin grin grin

It will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
imperiouxx:

It will be fine.

Amen... Amen... Amen...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 3:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
opad:
Glad to have a change in status by WES to "Documents received - review in progress".
Does that sentence mean they have commenced evaluation? How long does it change?
Thanks.
They have commence the evaluation,they will send you a message telling you when your evaluation will be ready.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 3:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
Please can someone tell how to go about this health examination and immunization records? They attached the forms to my I-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 4:50pm On Oct 30, 2014
Walspring:

I key into this prayer by faith...

Please always put us and not you alone... grin grin grin grin grin
Am greatly sorry for d mistake. I've already corrected those words. Thanks for d correction. It is well bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2014
PedigreeCity:
Am greatly sorry for d mistake. I've already corrected those words. Thanks for d correction. It is well bro...

Thanks to God...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2014
GolfingDiva:
I see. Always do things with people that will add more value to your life and not subtract it. Look for institutions that do not require WES and beat them at their own game.
Thanks. I did. I've already been admitted at schools in the US,UK and Australia --US is my priority--and looking set to leave by December/January if visa plans go according to plan. But for future academic and emplyment purposes I want to get that WES bit sorted before I leave Naija.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 7:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
charzyh2:

how yours? I'm certain you can't wait to see Nancy.
yea bro I'm making my cool money here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
teddyrain:
yea bro I'm making my cool money here
heading to Lag has been my problem o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dolapoKeji(m): 7:13pm On Oct 30, 2014
xp17:

Ameafrica I site u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
charzyh2:

heading to Lag has been my problem o.
pick up your goody bag because lagos is the right place to be right now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 7:27pm On Oct 30, 2014
teddyrain:
pick up your goody bag because lagos is the right place to be right now.
Definitely. I'm trying to see if I can make it to lagos in Nov.
Do we have the team in chicago where one can attend the seminars?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
charzyh2:
Definitely. I'm trying to see if I can make it to lagos in Nov.
Do we have the team in chicago where one can attend the seminars?
Bro I'm the official boss of AIM global in Illinois. I'm taking the business there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 7:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
teddyrain:
Bro I'm the official boss of AIM global in Illinois. I'm taking the business there.
that's really awesome. We shall definitely meet in November.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
charzyh2:

that's really awesome. We shall definitely meet in November.
That's what's up!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
teddyrain:
That's what's up!!
thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
charzyh2:

thanks bro
will be expecting you. Exxy is coming next week from Benin.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 8:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
imperiouxx:

Cheers!
I have long waited for this. Thank you bro. May God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
technolee:
I have long waited for this. Thank you bro. May God bless you.

lols. God bless you too. Enjoy yourself!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kwenu: 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
Hello, house, is it advisable to apply for grants aid, when applying to a school in the usa, i visited a school website and i used thier online calculator there i discovered that if i choose to apply for grants aid,the school tuition will be less, or cheap.

after using thier online calculation, tution was less than 4000$ for yeearly tiution
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:24pm On Oct 30, 2014
teddyrain:

Hmmmmmm.. Don't tell me you will or you have already abandon your music dream for this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.