Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865655 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by femoric9: 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
femoric9:
House ! Pls help again o, my interview is for November 28 in abuja and i have to issues to decide to complete my DS-160. I am not working but i have an uncle who has a company that want to give me a study leave letter, ID card, pay slip & d company's tax clearance to show dat i am working, but my fear is dat incase d VO asked for my bank account statement, i don't have any functional account to show that i have bin collecting salary. Can i just go wit those documents witout a bank statement and tell d VO dat i didn't bring my bank statement since I'm bin sponsored.
2.) I have an issue wit who my sponsor sud be, i intend to use my brother's account, though i wanted to call him my father because we bears d same name, i have #7milion plus in his account statement but unfortunately inside my Form I-20, brother was put in d place of prove of sponsorship/finance. My 1st year tuition is $25000 & dat is around #4m. I was thinking it will be more pleasant to the VO if i say he's my dad because his monthly salary is mere 250k and the VO may be thinking why my brother will want to spend his life savings on me. Can i write d school to send me an email i can print out to correct d brother to father because i actually wrote father in my updated financial form though wrote brother in the earlier one since i deferred my admission. Pls, all advices will be well taking and duely followed. May God bless u all

PLS, STILL EXPECTING RESPONSES FROM GURUS IN D HOUSE BEFORE SUBMITTING MY DS160. I DON'T KNOW IF D VOs/D EMBASSY CAN RETRIEVE D TRUE INFORMATIONS (MY PARENT'S NAME) SENT TO D SCH THROUGH D SEVIS BAR CODE. Pls, all helps will be appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
femoric9:

PLS, STILL EXPECTING RESPONSES FROM GURUS IN D HOUSE BEFORE SUBMITTING MY DS160. I DON'T KNOW IF D VOs/D EMBASSY CAN RETRIEVE D TRUE INFORMATIONS (MY PARENT'S NAME) SENT TO D SCH THROUGH D SEVIS BAR CODE. Pls, all helps will be appreciated.
Vo can't know who your father is through sevis bar code . If your i20 states any name, go with a statement of account that goes with that name. It is now your choice to tell them its your father or Uncle but its better for your dad to sponsor you than saying your Uncle. Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Floorme: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH A GRADUATE SCHOOL THAT WAIVE GRE OR GMAT..
THANKS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Michael1000: 5:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
Hello friends...A friend a mine needs a candid advice!!

He wants to apply for undergraduate admission in fall 2015 but he's scared of being denied due to his inability to secure admission into a tertiary institution in Nigeria(JAMB wahala)

He finished high school in 2002, got admission into one of the Fed poly in 2011 with a National Diploma Certificate in 2013. He's 25yrs old

What are his chances of getting a Visa ?

Does the age disqualifies him from an undergraduate programme?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gbaby4live: 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
Michael1000:

He wants to apply for undergraduate admission in fall 2015 but he's scared of being denied due to his inability to secure admission into a tertiary institution in Nigeria(JAMB wahala)

He finished high school in 2002, got admission into one of the Fed poly in 2011 with a National Diploma Certificate in 2013. He's 25yrs old

if na xo your friend go tell VO for embassy, na automatic visa to go back home and reapply ni.....[b]
Michael1000:

if na xo your friend go tell VO for embassy, na automatic visa to go back home and reapply ni.......imagine "finished high school in 2002".... wetin dah yur friend con dey do for 8-9years o??....
no worry awa oga go see ur mata soon...ABI NA U?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 5:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
Michael1000:

Tell him to apply. The age is still very okay though I belive that age na scam (Let's not discuss that).

25 years isn't bad. He can go for undergraduate but he has to fill the missing years. He also needs to write standardized test to show he is a serious student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adeyeni86(f): 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
femoric9 pls, whatever you do don't tell them he's your father when he's not. My uncle did then, he told the consular he's brother was his dad. He was denied because they made him take a DNA test for prove and was found guilty. Though he's in T&T now married but he's got the red flag at the US embassy till date.
femoric9:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 6:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
adeyeni86:
femoric9 pls, whatever you do don't tell them he's your father when he's not. My uncle did then, he told the consular he's brother was his dad. He was denied because they made him take a DNA test for prove and was found guilty. Though he's in T&T now married but he's got the red flag at the US embassy till date.

I won't support femoric lieing... But you need to understand that every applicant shares different story... Your uncle probably applied based on immigration visa and they usually conduct DNA test once they feel its necessary..This is a non immigrant visa.. They don't have time for that..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by femoric9: 6:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
this is getin serious, so d embassy can make someone take a DNA. But,my brother will not be going to d embassy with me. Pls,more of d gurus sud be pls comment on my case. CAN I CALL MY BRODA MY DAD IN MY DS-160, SINCE WE BEAR SAME NAME & HIS MY SPONSOR.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
femoric9:
this is getin serious, so d embassy can make someone take a DNA. But,my brother will not be going to d embassy with me. Pls,more of d gurus sud be pls comment on my case. CAN I CALL MY BRODA MY DAD IN MY DS-160, SINCE WE BEAR SAME NAME & HIS MY SPONSOR.
why not say your brother is sponsoring you and then save all the stress of lying to a visa consular..

Your brother can be sponsoring you for many reasons..pls don't call ur bro,your dad..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adenjnr(m): 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
Plz gurus in the a friend of mine as student visa interview dec 12 nd e wants to knw the likely interview questions to help him prepare well. Pls help a brother out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
Michael1000:

That he's 25 means he finished secondary school in 2002@ age 13?? That doesn't add up. This kinda blunder would fetch the person auto denial not even age. Once your intentions are sincere n genuine, you'd be issued a visa

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
GboyegaD:

Double post.
@Gboye hope u r doing fine bro, I ve been trying to reach u but don't know how d pm works. Just wanted to ask if MS is required for PhD n can MBA be accepted for PhD in a non-managerial course.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by femoric9: 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
I HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO SAY D TRUTH DAT MY BROTHER WILL BE SPONSORING ME. BUT,PLS WAT IS D BEST REASON TO GIVE WHY MY BRODA IS SPONSORING ME WEN I STILL HAVE A FATHER. THOUGH MY FATHER IS A RETIREE & DOES NOT HAV MUCH IN HIS ACCOUNT.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
ebdib:
@ zeezahbee @juntod
The U.S probably has the most backward immigration policy for highly trained professionals in the western world.
Immigrants who jump through the border have better chances of becoming citizens than a hard working phd student who doesn't have tenure track position in a university.
Sad
na wa o, hope canada isn't like dis. Maybe I should start considering Canada o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gbaby4live: 9:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Glocal1:
na wa o, hope canada isn't like dis. Maybe I should start considering Canada o.

Nna mehn....Canada worse pass hell....even na to enter Canada tRU USA o

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2014
gbaby4live:

Nna mehn....Canada worse pass hell....even na to enter Canada tRU USA o
how do u mean? I only know dey aint generous with funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Pls honourable members of this assembly, hope choosing 4 different courses in different schs won't lead to visa denial eg MPH , MS , PhD in dissimilar courses/programs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
Floorme:
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH A GRADUATE SCHOOL THAT WAIVES GRE OR GMAT..
THANKS
But you actually need to do it with TOEFL.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gbaby4live: 10:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Glocal1:
to enter Canada from Naija no b small thing, USA dey fair.....
na to find my way enter USA Nd from USA to Canada....cos student work permit make sense pass USA.... Na xo I hear o....
na to enter Obama land 1st
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 10:53pm On Nov 21, 2014
LOL. naso The sales are exciting tho. I am out and catching the cold. Any Visa Approval today? AM OUT HERE with 7 Bottles of Samuel Adams for YOU!
juntod:

Baba streetmic, e nor easy oh.. The long awaited break is here. Meanwhile, I dey inside my house sha. They can't drag me into this cold by enticing me with black Friday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by streetMic(m): 11:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
Boss I greet you. How studies?
honeyad:

I won't support femoric lieing... But you need to understand that every applicant shares different story... Your uncle probably applied based on immigration visa and they usually conduct DNA test once they feel its necessary..This is a non immigrant visa.. They don't have time for that..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
Glocal1:
Pls honourable members of this assembly, hope choosing 4 different courses in different schs won't lead to visa denial eg MPH , MS , PhD in dissimilar courses/programs.

None if their business
Why the divergent programs though?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 12:12am On Nov 22, 2014
ebdib:

None if their business
Why the divergent programs though?
Just trying to play safe, tho availability of funding and ease of acceptance into d programs. I pray I progress come next year. Or what do u suggest?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:28am On Nov 22, 2014
Well well
Turns out the immigration law announced today by Obama affects students Afterall
F1 students in STEM fields. Science, technology, engineering and maths are eligible for visa extension.

Details are still sketchy right now but this is a HUGE leap.
Source aldianews.com/articles/politics/immigration/who-will-get-stay/36574
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:29am On Nov 22, 2014
sholay2011:

Looool...na u sabi oo.

Btw, you must be a very troublesome person offline.

@Bold

What makes you think so

Well you must be a comedian gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sholay2011(m): 12:40am On Nov 22, 2014
Walspring:

@Bold

What makes you think so

Well you must be a comedian gringringrin
Why always use this smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by goldenchic(f): 2:54am On Nov 22, 2014
Twuale guys!
honeyad:

Enjoy your cold and thanksgiving alone bro cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by goldenchic(f): 2:59am On Nov 22, 2014
Hello House how una dey?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by RexNdubest(m): 3:40am On Nov 22, 2014
Floorme:
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH A GRADUATE SCHOOL THAT WAIVE GRE OR GMAT..
THANKS
I don't know ur undergrad major. If it's or related to EEE and/or Computer science, then u can give MIT EECS a shot.
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/academics-admissions/graduate-program/faqs#15
Good luck grin sad cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 6:40am On Nov 22, 2014
Glocal1:
@Gboye hope u r doing fine bro, I ve been trying to reach u but don't know how d pm works. Just wanted to ask if MS is required for PhD n can MBA be accepted for PhD in a non-managerial course.

In U.S. you often times don't need Masters for PhD admission however in Canada, some schools are lenient. If you have a 3.5 at the end of 1st year in some schools/ programs in Canada you could be allowed to switch but to do that you have to take some PhD classes as a Masters Student. As for the MBA for PhD in Management I have no idea on that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 6:45am On Nov 22, 2014
Glocal1:

Who told you they are not? I think it depends on so many things though and I know in my department for instance, all PhD students have funding while about 90% of our MA students have funding/scholarship too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.