Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,921 members, 7,802,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (864981 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 8:06am On Nov 26, 2014
Please house, can you help me with schools that waive the SAT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 8:09am On Nov 26, 2014
osahons9:
The testimony of ma life 3x people will hear it, they will sing it...the testimony of life. Johovah over do. After 12 straight days fasting, VISA GRANTED AT THE CONSULATE IN LAGOS TODAY. VO was okay. Idazbawz was right. Shout out to SliMmyO5, Juntod, all the gurus and others who dropped their transcript as well. I learnt from you all. No documents was requested. Transcript na later things. Let it sink in first!!!! grin
congrats bruv...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 8:09am On Nov 26, 2014
Me: hey! how is it going?
Vo: Fine, Good Morning
Me Good Morning
Vo: you are going to UHN. Why UHN
Me: It's a top tier regional university (North) and it has a computational fluid dynamics research group which tallies with my research interest. I will be joining the research team coordinated by Dr. Sam Daniels.
Vo: What is this research all about?
Me: It is all about simulation, using mathematical models executable by computers to analyze and solve problems regarding fluid flow. Having done my internship at the Nigerian Petroleum Development for company, I realized that oil and gas companies rely heavily on CFD because of the need to optimize production and transportation with little or No environmental impact. (Vo cuts in)
VO: when did you finish this internship?
Me: January 2011
VO: when did you graduate?
Me:24th May, 2012
VO: which school?
Me: I said it
VO: Have you spoken to anyone in the school?
Me: Yes, Dr Sam Daniels Via skype
Vo: What does your father do? (Me nor know why e ask me sha cos my papa no be my sponsor)
Me: He is a medical Doctor; He works at xxxx Hospital in Benin City, Edo State.
Vo: What kind of doctor?
Me: Family Doctor
Vo: How old are you?
Me: xxxx
Vo; Which test did you write?
Me: GRE and IELTS tests
Vo: Why aren't you working?
Me: i completed my NYSC in November 2013. My focus was to go for my masters so i took out time to prepare for my standardized tests as well as putting in my applications. I am currently taking a four months oil and gas acquisition skills training at the ATS Allied Group.
VO: Why didn't you just go to a servicing firm?
Me: Training is needed first before you apply to a servicing firm as they will not teach me from the basics. You need this training to work in the flow station (VO Nods)
VO: How Many Schools did you apply to?
Me: 6....University of Oklahoma, Norman Oklahoma, Texas A n M university college station, Texas, Baylor university, Waco, Texas (VO cuts in)
Vo: Give a moment. He went to pick up a small paper from the chinko lady sharing 214b handbills. Samuel we organize a pre departure guild to all accepted applicants. Please try to come around for it.
Me: Okay sir.
Vo: Collect your passport at this address on Thursday. Take you i-20 n sevis confirmation.
Me: Alright.
Me: Thanks and have a great day.

I still didn't realize that was it. So i was just walking towards the door then i said "Their father". I started bouncing home. No document was asked even SOA of my sponsor. Him don first travel go US before so i believe they have his records.

I learnt one new trick too. See the VO as if you talking you best friend. You will be so relaxed. I didn’t feel the pressure or anything. It works like magic. The minute you see them as gods, it’s over before it even started.

IN the END it was God's Grace.

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 8:10am On Nov 26, 2014
Theflint1:
congrats bruv...

Thanks bruv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 8:10am On Nov 26, 2014
Walspring:

Congrats!!! Enjoy your stay in Obamaland...

Cheers! Cheers!! Cheers!!!

Thanks brother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 8:12am On Nov 26, 2014
Glocal1:
Congratuloooobia, USA go take, happy for u bro. What's ur gre score n wot sch r u attending?

Thanks bro. GRE 160Q 156V 3AW. University of New Haven
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 8:16am On Nov 26, 2014
juntod:

Nigerians starving since 1705BC... Congrats bro.. Nor forget to bring Ogbolor come for me

Laugh me nau.........I go reach house carry ogbolor nau. So i go carry follow body. We go see for December.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 26, 2014
osahons9:

Thanks bro. GRE 160Q 156V 3AW. University of New Haven
Congrats on ur visa bro, meanwhile peeps wey dey prepare make una do well o, heard the quant exam is getting tougher (trickier the more apt word?) as it's trying to be on an equal footing with the GMAT. It may just be a rumour. It's always been a rumour, but this rumour has new found basis since the GRE is increasingly being accepted in lieu of the GMAT in many business programs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 8:50am On Nov 26, 2014
Zeezahbee wassap? Sent you a mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gbemzy1: 9:50am On Nov 26, 2014
Hey guys, the VO Only gave me my i-20 back and told me to pick up my visa on thursday. Was he suppose to return the sevis fee receipt?
Is there any cheap flight from lagos to minneapolis airport,minnesota.(200,000 -235,000) for january 2 or 3.
I need an urgent reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 10:49am On Nov 26, 2014
gbemzy1:
Hey guys, the VO Only gave me my i-20 back and told me to pick up my visa on thursday. Was he suppose to return the sevis fee receipt?
Is there any cheap flight from lagos to minneapolis airport,minnesota.(200,000 -235,000) for january 2 or 3.
I need an urgent reply.

Please gbemzy1 place your transcript here, so we could learn how to tackle the VO.. Am also going for undergraduate programme.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 10:52am On Nov 26, 2014
gbemzy1:
I need an urgent reply.

You can always reprint the confirmation page
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 26, 2014
Hello dicapino, good morning. Wish you the best in your exam today. I would appreciate a review of how the exam was for you.

Also, I'd gone through the PowerPrep prior to my preparation for the exam. In hindsight, I feel going through the PowerPrep again wouldn't betoken my actual preparation for the exam. I've been trying to ferret out other practice tests asides the PowerPrep and Kaplan to no avail. I really would appreciate it if you could of help as regards this. I have some resource materials; what I need is something like the PowerPrepII application.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tolasomoju(m): 11:24am On Nov 26, 2014
gbemzy1:
I need an urgent reply.
Pls, which school are you heading to in Minnesota. I need people heading to MSU, Mankato.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 26, 2014
coolbibz:
Hello dicapino, good morning. Wish you the best in your exam today. I would appreciate a review of how the exam was for you.

Also, I'd gone through the PowerPrep prior to my preparation for the exam. In hindsight, I feel going through the PowerPrep again wouldn't betoken my actual preparation for the exam. I've been trying to ferret out other practice tests asides the PowerPrep and Kaplan to no avail. I really would appreciate it if you could of help as regards this. I have some resource materials; what I need is something like the PowerPrepII application.

Thanks in anticipation.
ferret, hindsight. Don't com here with anything less than 160 in verbal o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 26, 2014
slimmy05:
ferret, hindsight. Don't com here with anything less than 160 in verbal o.

LMAO... Slimmy, no be by that one oh. The New GRE is more nuance based. While honing one's vocabulary could come off propitious, getting a hold of the dense sentence structures could be exacting. Nonetheless, I hope to try my best.

Thank you for all you have been doing here. I dey see your hand work wink.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gbemzy1: 11:48am On Nov 26, 2014
Hey guys,how do I reply pple's post. Have been trying. Any help
I am going to msu mankato@tolasmoju. When are you leaving Nigeria?
I will post my interview questions@jenns. This site really helped me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 26, 2014
coolbibz:

LMAO... Slimmy, no be by that one oh. The New GRE is more nuance based. While honing one's vocabulary could come off propitious, getting a hold of the dense structures could be exacting. Nonetheless, I hope to try my best.

Thank you for all you have been doing here. I dey see your hand work wink.
You know you'll better communicate in the AWA section using succinct familiar words.

The basic principles I followed when I wrote mine (AWA section).

A. State your thesis.
B. Organize your points in paragraphs,
C. Use coherent transition markers.
D. Make sure your mechanical accuracy are on point. You could shoot yourself omitting just a comma in your sentence. Don't be carried away by the usual rule that punctuation is not regarded while marking.

I am not from the numerate field- I know no jack about maths except it relates to money. tongue

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sholay2011(m): 11:58am On Nov 26, 2014
Hello.

Went for my interview today and was denied. The VO that attended to me was a white lady.

Me: Hello.
VO: Hello. Please, place your four right hand fingers on the bla bla...

I fingerprinted.

VO: So, why did you choose Oklahoma State University?
Me: Well, I chose Oklahoma State University because it's a land grant institution that gets enough funding through allocated federal lands which are invested into practical teaching of agriculture.

VO: How did you get to find out about the school?
Me: I searched for top schools offering my course of study using usnews.com and applied to three of them.

VO: So, why did you choose Oklahoma State University over others?
Me: Well, their curriculum is more focused on my area of specialization and I have already developed a close relationship with Professor Larry Sanders via email whose research interest is the same as mine.

VO: Have you been to the US before?
Me: No, I've not had a reason to.

VO: Who will be sponsoring you?
Me: My father.

VO: What does he do?
Me: * Mentioned his rank in the Customs*

VO: Okay.

She types for a while and then brings out the devilish blue paper (I was heart broken)

VO: I'm sorry...we wouldn't be able to... (couldn't really hear the rest).

Gurus in the house should please look into my transcript and suggest what I should have done better because I'm considering reapplying. I spoke loudly and a bit slowly, maintained eye contact and gesticulated when necessary.

The woman though had denied like five people before me sha. All is well.

Congrats to those that got theirs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2014
I failed GRE lipsrsealed who cares when I have a waiver letter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
slimmy05:
You know you'll better communicate in the AWA section using succinct familiar words.

The basic principles I followed when I wrote mine (AWA section).

A. State your thesis.
B. Organize your points in paragraphs,
C. Use coherent transition markers.
D. Make sure your mechanical accuracy are on point. You could should yourself omitting just a comma in your sentence. Don't be carried away by the usual rule that punctuation is not regarded while marking.

I am not from the numerate field- I know no jack about maths except relates to money. tongue

Haha! Yeah, thanks a lot man.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gbemzy1: 12:10pm On Nov 26, 2014
My interview was with one old man.
Me:good morning.
VO:good morning
VO:checked my passport for a long time
VO:I see that you have been travelling to the uk.
Me:I sed yes
VO:who did you visit
Me:answered
VO:where does the person stay in uk
ME:answered.
Vo:which school did u attend
Me:told him
Vo:when did u graduate frm high sch
Vo:what was your highest grade in your waec
Vo:subject
Me:maths.
Vo:why msu mankato
Me:bcuz they have cultural contribution program for intl students
Vo:which other sch did u apply to
Me:minot state uni
Vo:where is that
Me:north dakota
Vo:why dat sch
Me:its affordable.
Vo:why do want to study fmc option in dietetics
Vo:how did you find out abt the sch
Me:thru google
Vo:how old are u
Vo:typed for some min
Vo:I will give u ur i-20 back cuz u would be travelling with it
He gave me a white slip and sed pick up your visa on thursday.
Me:thank you very much and *sighed*

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tolasomoju(m): 12:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
gbemzy1:

Check your email I have sent u a message.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 12:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
sholay2011:
Hello.

Went for my interview today and was denied. The VO that attended to me was a white lady.

I fingerprinted.

Me: Well, I chose Oklahoma State University because it's a land grant institution that gets enough funding through allocated federal lands which are invested into practical teaching of agriculture.

Me: I searched for top schools offering my course of study using usnews.com and applied to three of them.

Me: Well, their curriculum is more focused on my area of specialization and I have already developed a close relationship with Professor Larry Sanders via email whose research interest is the same as mine.

She types for a while and then brings out the devilish blue paper (I was heart broken)

Gurus in the house should please look into my transcript and suggest what I should have done better because I'm considering reapplying. I spoke loudly and a bit slowly, maintained eye contact and gesticulated when necessary.

Bro i saw you today it was that idiotic woman wear glasses she wasn't even smiling at alz...she wicked ooh...na bastard
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 12:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
gbemzy1:

Same man interviewed me. He was nice and audible
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2014
gbemzy1:

That man is actually nice he gave my friend yday it was the black woman in window one that gave me ine today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sholay2011(m): 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2014
jakeharris:

Bro i saw you today it was that idiotic woman wear glasses she wasn't even smiling at alz...she wicked ooh...na bastard
Loool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 1:11pm On Nov 26, 2014
sholay2011:
Hello.

I fingerprinted.

Your reasons for choosing the school was weak. She gave you another chance again to tell her why you chose the school, again you blew it. You got the initial part of the curriculum although you didn't say anything about the ranking. I feel the second part was where u messed up. You would have said it's because of a research done by the prof that it tallies with your research interest and you want to join the research team.

Now you will need to know more about d research. Incase they ask what d research is all about and relate it to the industry or sector you want to work in when u return home (WE KNOW THE STORY)

What I noticed yesterday was that people cram answers and when a different questions comes up they off balance. Read, cram and understand. You will know when to explain and when to give crammed answers.

Refire bro.

All the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 1:13pm On Nov 26, 2014
jakeharris:

That man is actually nice he gave my friend yday it was the black woman in window one that gave me ine today

Congratulations. Drop your Transcript. The lady on glasses gave peeps visa yesterday. She was a girl yesterday that said everything you will ever hear in an interview. She even mention George Bush sef before dem approve am. That chinko lady when slim kinda choi...she no give anybody till I comot there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sholay2011(m): 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2014
osahons9:

Your reasons for choosing the school was weak. She gave you another chance again to tell her why you chose the school, again you blew it. You got the initial part of the curriculum although you didn't say anything about the ranking. I feel the second part was where u messed up. You would have said it's because of a research done by the prof that it tallies with your research interest and you want to join the research team.

Now you will need to know more about d research. Incase they ask what d research is all about and relate it to the industry or sector you want to work in when u return home (WE KNOW THE STORY)

What I noticed yesterday was that people cram answers and when a different questions comes up they off balance. Read, cram and understand. You will know when to explain and when to give crammed answers.

Refire bro.

All the best
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
justwise:
Welcome to part 6 of general usa student visa thread, part 5 has reached 500 pages and need to be discontinued.

Please continue posting your inquiries and contributions here.

Part 5 is here for references. https://www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thank you

At the embassy today,after being interviewed;The Consular took my sponsor's bank statement and other documents before asking me to return next week.She said an underground check will be run on those documents.What should i expect? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by justwise(m): 1:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
Eugenedimgba:
At the embassy today,after being interviewed;The Consular took my sponsor's bank statement and other documents before asking me to return next week.She said an underground check will be run on those documents.What should i expect? Thanks
Good news if your documents are genuine but if they are not then expect the opposite.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.