Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865637 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 1:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
gbemzy1:
My interview was with one old man.
Me:good morning.
VO:good morning
VO:checked my passport for a long time
VO:I see that you have been travelling to the uk.
Me:I sed yes
VO:who did you visit
Me:answered
VO:where does the person stay in uk
ME:answered.
Vo:which school did u attend
Me:told him
Vo:when did u graduate frm high sch
Vo:what was your highest grade in your waec
Vo:subject
Me:maths.
Vo:why msu mankato
Me:bcuz they have cultural contribution program for intl students
Vo:which other sch did u apply to
Me:minot state uni
Vo:where is that
Me:north dakota
Vo:why dat sch
Me:its affordable.
Vo:why do want to study fmc option in dietetics
Vo:how did you find out abt the sch
Me:thru google
Vo:how old are u
Vo:typed for some min
Vo:I will give u ur i-20 back cuz u would be travelling with it
He gave me a white slip and sed pick up your visa on thursday.
Me:thank you very much and *sighed*

Lemme guess....you are a member of EducationUSA grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 1:38pm On Nov 26, 2014
If the VOs are the organisers of EducationUSA then I think telling dem you are a member gives you an edge. Yet to see or hear otherwise.

In other news

https://www.nairaland.com/2015457/us-embassy-receives-220000-visa

More than half? From my own experience, that stat doesn't add up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 1:45pm On Nov 26, 2014
jakeharris:

That man is actually nice he gave my friend yday it was the black woman in window one that gave me ine today

Was your interview at the Abuja consulate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 1:47pm On Nov 26, 2014
Eugenedimgba:
At the embassy today,after being interviewed;The Consular took my sponsor's bank statement and other documents before asking me to return next week.She said an underground check will be run on those documents.What should i expect? Thanks
Lagos or Abuja?
More so, your response must have engender suspicion.
Please post your transcript let's learn from it. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2014
gbemzy1:
Hey guys,
I just got my visa approved today at usa embassy lagos. Thanks guys for ur advice and your appointment stories.

congrats, grace!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
ebdib:

Lol. Post visa pastor grin

gaaun, I have always been 9U(un-ordained sha) grin
ebdib:

Lol. Post visa pastor grin

gaaun, I have always been 9U(un-ordained sha)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2014
Vo: Collect your passport at this address on Thursday. Take you i-20 n sevis confirmation.
Me: Alright.
Me: Thanks and have a great day.

I still didn't realize that was it. So i was just walking towards the door then i said "Their father". I started bouncing home. No document was asked even SOA of my sponsor. Him don first travel go US before so i believe they have his records.

I learnt one new trick too. See the VO as if you talking you best friend. You will be so relaxed. I didn’t feel the pressure or anything. It works like magic. The minute you see them as gods, it’s over before it even started.

IN the END it was God's Grace.

Nice transcript, you killed it, congrats friend, grace for you plnty plenty
[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
Vo:I will give u ur i-20 back cuz u would be travelling with it
He gave me a white slip and sed pick up your visa on thursday.
Me:thank you very much and *sighed*[/quote]

It doesn't matter if you said tight things or not, when its your time, its your time... congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
@GBEMZY, PMed you, lets continue the MNSU connection
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gbemzy1: 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
Are u going for master's or undergraduate degree @phemix.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2014
Idazbawz:
Michigan babes bawo? You know I'm a good boy nah.... I'm coming to u this thanksgiving...
Chai! I don miss Naija food. See just cook every Naija meal for me, if I no chop am finish I go carry d rest come Michigan grin
ole, big head tongue. i miss you sha
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 3:39pm On Nov 26, 2014
kpolli:

I might be for winter/spring, how can we help you?

@Imperiouxx, oga! Are you still buried under snow?
help ke, i was referring to those coming to school in houston tongue, seems i am the only one here. how have u been? were in houston are u coming ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 4:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
coolbibz:
Hello dicapino, good morning. Wish you the best in your exam today. I would appreciate a review of how the exam was for you.

Also, I'd gone through the PowerPrep prior to my preparation for the exam. In hindsight, I feel going through the PowerPrep again wouldn't betoken my actual preparation for the exam. I've been trying to ferret out other practice tests asides the PowerPrep and Kaplan to no avail. I really would appreciate it if you could of help as regards this. I have some resource materials; what I need is something like the PowerPrepII application.

Thanks in anticipation.

Hi..goodday would give you necessary feedback when i take it this Friday. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Idazbawz(m): 4:25pm On Nov 26, 2014
zeezahbee:
ole, big head tongue. i miss you sha
haha... Me too!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 4:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gurus...schools for Mech. Eng...USA.

Been surfing the net relentlessly, but the myriad of admission information i have to read through has made the whole process tough.

Abeg like four/ five..... am trying to select schools i would send my scores to on friday.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Idazbawz(m): 4:29pm On Nov 26, 2014
phemix:

Vo: Collect your passport at this address on Thursday. Take you i-20 n sevis confirmation.
Me: Alright.
Me: Thanks and have a great day.

I still didn't realize that was it. So i was just walking towards the door then i said "Their father". I started bouncing home. No document was asked even SOA of my sponsor. Him don first travel go US before so i believe they have his records.

I learnt one new trick too. See the VO as if you talking you best friend. You will be so relaxed. I didn’t feel the pressure or anything. It works like magic. The minute you see them as gods, it’s over before it even started.

IN the END it was God's Grace.

Nice transcript, you killed it, congrats friend, grace for you plnty plenty
chai!!!! That moment!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:30pm On Nov 26, 2014
All the best on friday, bro. Just believe in yourself, be calm and give your best to the very end.
dicapino:

Hi..goodday would give you necessary feedback when i take this Friday. Thanks

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tolasomoju(m): 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
Pls, I need anyone schooling at Minnesota State University Mankato. Or if you know anyone that schools in the school, pls link me up with him/her. It will be well appreciated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bayocanny: 4:43pm On Nov 26, 2014
femoric9:
I tap from d testimony of everybody that have gotten their visa approved this month o. May God do mine too o. My interview is on friday Nov 28th at abuja.

U already got ur visa your interview will just be a formality, in God I trust

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2014
sirRiddy:
All the best on friday, bro. Just believe in yourself, be calm and give your best to the very end.

Thanks Bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kpolli(m): 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2014
Idazbawz:
haha... Nothing do u... Shey na Latino,Asian,Spanish or German you want?

Bros na so them plenty for your hand? Mix a bit of each for me

zeezahbee:
help ke, i was referring to those coming to school in houston tongue, seems i am the only one here. how have u been? were in houston are u coming ?

You're joking right? I know almost 50 (exaggeration) Nigerians schooling in Houston alone... I normally stay at Westheimer or near UH
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bayocanny: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2014
Omo to skul in yankee no be small thing oo, I dey look for cheap universities online na so I found all these details

USA Cost/Aid Facts
The cost of the study per year (Tuition and fees,
does not include living expenses) in USA varies
from $5000 to $50000 (might be much more too
for MBA/Medical or other programs) per year. The
cost of living depends on the location. For
example States like Washington, California and
area around New York is costly. In general cost of
living for students from countries like India,
Bangladesh, China, Taiwan may vary from $6000
to $14000 (per year).It is assumed that students
will live in shared apartments, live out of campus
and have less telephone bills and other expenses
are at bay. Most of all expenses can be met while
working on on-campus jobs. The hourly pay for
on-campus job varies from $5.15 to $15 per
(sometimes it may be $20) hour. Foreign
students can work for 20 hrs per week and 40
hrs per week during summer. Students may be
allowed to work out of campus (internship) after
nine months(2 semesters) of their arrival at USA.
Students receiving any type of aid like TA/RA/
Fellowship or GA need not have to worry about
costs. Students not receiving any kind of aid
must be prepared for tuition fees and living cost
for initial 2-3 months (also please note : getting
on-campus job might take some time.. earlier
you come the better). Also note that in some
universities like University of Missouri-Rolla and
University of Texas Arlington there is huge
shortage of P/T jobs. So students planning to go
to these universities must either have
Scholarships or adequate Funds. It's better to
contact current students via email for latest
information. For many universities students can
pay the fees of their last semester even after
graduation.
Some Universities grant tuition waiver after first
semester (if performance in 1st semester is
good). It is also possible that some other
department may offer scholarship (Like you
might be doing MBA but you might find a
software job in Medical college and they might
offer you scholarships).
See where money goes
GRE
The General Test is US ~$160 for individuals
testing in the United States, U.S. Territories, and
Puerto Rico, US $205 for individuals testing in
China, including Hong Kong, Korea, and Taiwan,
and US $190 for individuals testing in all other
locations.
TOEFL
TOEFL Costs around $170.
GRE + TOEFL~$350 (around)
Application Fees varies from $20 to $150
Tuition Fees will cost between $5000 to
$50000
Basic Health Insurance may Cost up to 500$
(per semester)
Books may cost up to $1000 (actually may be
much cheaper .. you can get used books from
Amazon!)
Traveling to USA may cost up to $1400
Cost of Living will vary from one city to other
and can be anything between $500 to $1500
(Assuming Simple Life)
Traveling cost within US may be up to $500.
Basic cellphone bill might be ~$30
(smartphone will be more like $50)
Tuition fees for some Universities ...
Texas A&M, University of Texas at Austin, Iowa
State University, University of Utah are really
good and one of the cheapest universities in
USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 6:02pm On Nov 26, 2014
gbemzy1:
Are u going for master's or undergraduate degree @phemix.

Masters buh got a year of pre-reqs first, is 2nd nt too late, orientation is 4th you knw, smone helped me with a deal for 155k for 28th oda dates are crazy expensive, PM me your whatsapp digits or pin sha, let's talk berra.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ishowdels(m): 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
sholay2011:
Hello.

Went for my interview today and was denied. The VO that attended to me was a white lady.

Me: Hello.
VO: Hello. Please, place your four right hand fingers on the bla bla...

I fingerprinted.

VO: So, why did you choose Oklahoma State University?
Me: Well, I chose Oklahoma State University because it's a land grant institution that gets enough funding through allocated federal lands which are invested into practical teaching of agriculture.

VO: How did you get to find out about the school?
Me: I searched for top schools offering my course of study using usnews.com and applied to three of them.

VO: So, why did you choose Oklahoma State University over others?
Me: Well, their curriculum is more focused on my area of specialization and I have already developed a close relationship with Professor Larry Sanders via email whose research interest is the same as mine.

VO: Have you been to the US before?
Me: No, I've not had a reason to.

VO: Who will be sponsoring you?
Me: My father.

VO: What does he do?
Me: * Mentioned his rank in the Customs*

VO: Okay.

She types for a while and then brings out the devilish blue paper (I was heart broken)

VO: I'm sorry...we wouldn't be able to... (couldn't really hear the rest).

Gurus in the house should please look into my transcript and suggest what I should have done better because I'm considering reapplying. I spoke loudly and a bit slowly, maintained eye contact and gesticulated when necessary.

The woman though had denied like five people before me sha. All is well.

Congrats to those that got theirs.

Brother,You will get it,just work on the Guru's advice and refire them like Ak 47...its yours

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 6:07pm On Nov 26, 2014
tolasomoju:

Pls, which school are you heading to in Minnesota. I need people heading to MSU, Mankato.

Let's talk, PMed you...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tolasomoju(m): 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2014
phemix:
@GBEMZY, PMed you, lets continue the MNSU connection
Are you going to MSU, Mankato?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tolasomoju(m): 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2014
phemix:

Let's talk, PMed you...
I couldn't see ur pm. I'm new on Nairaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tolasomoju(m): 6:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
phemix:

Let's talk, PMed you...
I've PMed you too. Check ur email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 7:23pm On Nov 26, 2014
here is my transcript

i was a038 and was interviewed in window one by the black woman at lagos consulate

me:good morning {smiling}
vo:morning pls place your hand on the fingerprint
vo:so tell me why did you choose west virginia university

me:i am intrested in the research and internship opportunities the communication program offers and am also intrested in the international studies program which gives me studyabroad and internship opportunities during the summer,its also ranked one of th safest campuses in america.
vo:how many schools did you apply to
me:west virgnia uni minisot state moorhead east central oklahoma
vo:did you apply to any nigerian school?
me:no
vo keeps typing for like 3 mins she no yarn anything i de fear
vo:so tell me about the study abroad opportunities
me:i was saying nonsense
vo:stop if you dont know about it just admit and stop making things up
me:am sorry ma i dont know about it
vo:did you tk any tests
me:yes sat and toefl and i passed her my scorees
vo:so how did you learn about the school
me:i am a student of education usa and i have access to loads of college handbooks and also i was invited to an educational fair where i met the school and i got to sit down with a rep
vo:what is his name
me:i cant remember
vo:so what did he tell you
me:he told me about the research and intership opportunities
vo:when did you finish secondary school
me:june 2013
vo:so am curious they are lots of schools in america which offer research and internship opportunities so why west virginia
me:well out of the three schools i applied to west virginia had a better researh and internship (she cuts in)
vo:all schools have it
me: (i don de vex) minisota doesnt have both in their communication programs and besides minisota is so cold
vosadcuts in) west virginia is aslo cold (me self cut in)
me:not a cold as minisota

we de look each other eye ball to eye ball
she starts typing for like another 4 mins for my mind i de yarn say denial is not my portion

vo:so why you studying communications
me as i de define she talk say make i stop she con yarn say i asked you for the reason not the defination
me:i wanted to giv you an insight first
vo:its what i ask you tell
me: am sorrry ma
me: i choose ommunicatons becuse it makes me know wats going on around me and it is a very diverse major which gives me vast carreer opportunities like journalism media presenter campaign manager and when am done i intend to come bac to nigeria to take the compulsary nysc program and work with television continental as a media presenter (i have shown ties to my country like that)

vo:she starts typing then ask who is your sponsor
me:my dad<then his job
vo:whats his mothly income
me:i dont know but i have his bank statement here
vo:so you just collected his bank state ment without checking it can i see it
me:i gave her
vo: she starts typing again ohhh and ask for my sevis i come scateer documents de find sevis i don de panic
vo:ooh its here and pls arrange all your documents (c0z me don scatter everything for her front)
mesadpased it with my statement didnt know)
vo types fo a long time in my mind i de fear i de look her right hand make he no go blue paper
vo:your sevis did not reflect pick up your visa at the circled location and make sure your sevis has reflected by that time see as i de jump inside.

NB be confident stand your ground maintain eye contact like die dont be scard to fire back and just tell the truth

yurs faithfully jake harris

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by michaelweezy: 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
My Transcript goes thus at the Lagos embassy 6.30am 25th Nov :

After rejecting like 4 people at a troll including a whole family that wanted to go on holiday... she was the Brunette/Latino at the third counter

VO Hey Good morning
Me Hi
VO your mission in the US
Me going for my masters degree in fin and risk mgt
VO checked my passport and immediately asked how did you find out about the school
Me I did extensive research on the internet using usnews.com and princetonreview.com
VO so why University of Colorado Denver
Me (gave her the regular bobo) the curriculum fits my career goals, and the finance courses I reviewed gave me the opportunity to specialize in corporate finance by selecting electives such as MERGER AND ACQUISITION, FINANCIAL MODELLING AND INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT (didn't even know what I was saying at this point but I remained confident and finished my sentence and she was already nodding)
VO immediately stopped typing and concentrated on me now asked how many other schools did you apply to
Me 2 schools GWU and UMASS
VO what made you select UCD over the other schools
Me my main reason asides the facts listed above was that I stumbled on a publication online by a professor in the finance department Rick Simmons, in the publication he stated "What is the value of a firm, what price are u willing to pay" this means what an acquiring company willing to pay to a target company to gain control and all other related activities in the capital market. (at this point she was nodding like agama lizard) may be she didn't really understand but she was impressed. even me sef no understand but I just dey bobo dey goh.
VO what did you study and what school
Me BSC Acct LAG
VO when did u graduate
Me 23 December 20xx (make sure u mention the same date month and year in ur DS160 I noticed she was looking at it on her screen)
VO what have u been doing since then
Me went for NYSC, and worked with xxxx left the company and I am currently with xxxx
VO what do u do there
Me consultancy services to clients in the Bleep industry
VO who is ur sponsor
Me My dad
VO what does he do
Me he's a director with xxxx company
VO I guess imma gonna have to issue u a VISA, here is your I-20, u can pick it up on Friday. please keep ur I-20 close to you at all times as you will need to show it at the POE. you are also invited to an orientation program blah blah blah (at this point I was not hearing anything again, I had gone deaf)
Me thank you.. turned back and signaled @osahons9 to give him adequate ginger (as he was looking really tensed up lol) and walked away.

No bank statement was asked, No GRE or TOEFL report requested. nothing

Key.. 1 Please put God first. I can't count how many times I prayed for his favour.
2. speak boldly and in clear terms and make sure u complete each sentence you start. this means u are able to pass across ur message. it gives you a level of respect
3. Smile and always put on an aura of pride around you especially during interviews. shows them that you are not desperate.

Thanks Guys, this thread really helped me a lot and special shout out to @Bigfrancis for taking time out of his busy schedule to assist me.

adios

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 7:50pm On Nov 26, 2014
jakeharris:
here is my transcript

i was a038 and was interviewed in window one by the black woman at lagos consulate

me:good morning {smiling}
vo:morning pls place your hand on the fingerprint
vo:so tell me why did you choose west virginia university

me:i am intrested in the research and internship opportunities the communication program offers and am also intrested in the international studies program which gives me studyabroad and internship opportunities during the summer,its also ranked one of th safest campuses in america.
vo:how many schools did you apply to
me:west virgnia uni minisot state moorhead east central oklahoma
vo:did you apply to any nigerian school?
me:no
vo keeps typing for like 3 mins she no yarn anything i de fear
vo:so tell me about the study abroad opportunities
me:i was saying nonsense
vo:stop if you dont know about it just admit and stop making things up
me:am sorry ma i dont know about it
vo:did you tk any tests
me:yes sat and toefl and i passed her my scorees
vo:so how did you learn about the school
me:i am a student of education usa and i have access to loads of college handbooks and also i was invited to an educational fair where i met the school and i got to sit down with a rep
vo:what is his name
me:i cant remember
vo:so what did he tell you
me:he told me about the research and intership opportunities
vo:when did you finish secondary school
me:june 2013
vo:so am curious they are lots of schools in america which offer research and internship opportunities so why west virginia
me:well out of the three schools i applied to west virginia had a better researh and internship (she cuts in)
vo:all schools have it
me: (i don de vex) minisota doesnt have both in their communication programs and besides minisota is so cold
vosadcuts in) west virginia is aslo cold (me self cut in)
me:not a cold as minisota

we de look each other eye ball to eye ball
she starts typing for like another 4 mins for my mind i de yarn say denial is not my portion

vo:so why you studying communications
me as i de define she talk say make i stop she con yarn say i asked you for the reason not the defination
me:i wanted to giv you an insight first
vo:its what i ask you tell
me: am sorrry ma
me: i choose ommunicatons becuse it makes me know wats going on around me and it is a very diverse major which gives me vast carreer opportunities like journalism media presenter campaign manager and when am done i intend to come bac to nigeria to take the compulsary nysc program and work with television continental as a media presenter (i have shown ties to my country like that)

vo:she starts typing then ask who is your sponsor
me:my dad<then his job
vo:whats his mothly income
me:i dont know but i have his bank statement here
vo:so you just collected his bank state ment without checking it can i see it
me:i gave her
vo: she starts typing again ohhh and ask for my sevis i come scateer documents de find sevis i don de panic
vo:ooh its here and pls arrange all your documents (c0z me don scatter everything for her front)
mesadpased it with my statement didnt know)
vo types fo a long time in my mind i de fear i de look her right hand make he no go blue paper
vo:your sevis did not reflect pick up your visa at the circled location and make sure your sevis has reflected by that time see as i de jump inside.

NB be confident stand your ground maintain eye contact like die dont be scard to fire back and just tell the truth

yurs faithfully jake harris
lol...interesting and suspense filled...congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Theflint1(m): 7:51pm On Nov 26, 2014
Theflint1:
Please house, can you help me with schools that waive the SAT

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89