Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865714 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 5:38am On Apr 02, 2015
Walspring:

I guess he is doubting the response and he is looking for correct answer.. gringringrin

since he doesn't believe in that response, he should read the whole of part 5, am sure he will get the correct answer there..

I think that should help.. Lol... gringringrin

grin grin grin grin that's true grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by penroll55(m): 7:40am On Apr 02, 2015
Bimbolamelo:
Hello house......good day,I need an advice on this pls.....I was denied a f-1 visa in nigeria last year November but I'm now in India studying nursing(1st year) and I would like to transfer to USA or Canada.....what are my chances of getting the visa after getting the admission and do I have to go back to nigeria to apply for the visa?...thanks
U can apply from anywhere,doesn't really mean u must go back to Nigeria and besides u have a better chance of getting the visa outside Nigeria from my experience and what I have seen from others experience also.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by djmakson(m): 10:21am On Apr 02, 2015
Guys please I need clarification on this.

My friend helped me to pay for my SEVIS abroad using the details on the scanned I-20 I sent to him. I printed the receipt yesterday. While cross-checking and comparing the figures on the receipt and my I-20 this morning, I discovered this: Sch Code on my I-20- BOS214F10145000, Sch Code on my SEVIS receipt: BOS214F10145.000. There was a dot before the last three zeros.

And then I wondered if that was an input error by my friend or a default program.

Pls how do I go about this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 12:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
gunther6:

Cornell(conditional admit,0 funding), Alaska, Oklahoma, Wyoming and just recently applied to East TN... Looking for one more safety school to wrap it up...

OK I have sent u a mail..
Let's talk more na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 12:23pm On Apr 02, 2015
Pls who kn of any low GPA schools should help out . thanks.

And also schools that accept scanned docs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2015
Hello NLanders,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
kennyrony:
Hello NLanders,
I went for an F-1 Visa interview Yesterday in Lagos and was denied VISA. Here's my Interview:

VO: How are you
ME: Am good
VO: how did you get to know about the school
ME: I did a comprehensive research online using Princetonreview.Com, Usnews.com, and Gradschool. com
VO: why did you choose the school
ME: It is the most ranked school among the schools I apply to, it is rated among the best in the Midwest by Princeton review and usnew. It is also the safest campus in Michigan and the 3rd safest campus in the United state according to Reader's Digest
VO: how many school did you apply to
ME: 5
VO: who is sponsoring you
ME: My Dad
VO: what dos he do
ME: He is the general manager of...... bank and his is also into Real estate.

that was all d question she asked, No document was requested.
what you just did was Gabbage in gabbage out. VO's are tired of this usual response, talk about a research been carried out in the department that interest you and not the reputation of the school, the rep is ok for a start but talk more on what you stand to benefit and not what the school has achieved.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
ridimic1:
Pls who kn of any low GPA schools should help out . thanks.

And also schools that accept scanned docs
federal polytechnic ede

Chck for schools in Louisiana
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
penroll55:

U can apply from anywhere,doesn't really mean u must go back to Nigeria and besides u have a better chance of getting the visa outside Nigeria from my experience and what I have seen from others experience also.
even the embassy would advice him to go to Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
Did you write GRE and TOEFL?
kennyrony:
Hello NLanders,
I went for an F-1 Visa interview Yesterday in Lagos and was denied VISA. Here's my Interview:

ME: I did a comprehensive research online using Princetonreview.Com, Usnews.com, and Gradschool. com
ME: It is the most ranked school among the schools I apply to, it is rated among the best in the Midwest by Princeton review and usnew. It is also the safest campus in Michigan and the 3rd safest campus in the United state according to Reader's Digest

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 3:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
slimmy05:
federal polytechnic ede

OK boss I will.. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
slimmy05:
what you just did was Gabbage in gabbage out. VO's are tired of this usual response, talk about a research been carried out in the department that interest you and not the reputation of the school, the rep is ok for a start but talk more on what you stand to benefit and not what the school has achieved.
Thanks bro. Noted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 3:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
sirRiddy:
Did you write GRE and TOEFL?
Only IELTS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 4:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
penroll55:

Experience biko?

slimmy05:
even the embassy would advice him to go to Nigeria

Abi ooooo.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Godwin10303: 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,
Please i need your urgent help on how to go about my sevis payment, i need to pay my sevis , dont really know how to go about it ,kindly assist with different options and the fastest means , God Help everyone,

Godwin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 7:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
Godwin10303:
Dear Nairalanders,
Please i need your urgent help on how to go about my sevis payment, i need to pay my sevis , dont really know how to go about it ,kindly assist with different options and the fastest means , God Help everyone,

Godwin

The fastest way to pay your sevis fee is to ask someone you know in the US to help you make the payment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GrandBelz: 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
slimmy05:
federal polytechnic ede

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2015
Godwin10303:
Dear Nairalanders,

Godwin
Fill this form https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/desktop/students/applicantValidation.htm

Then get a coupon number and someone in US to assist you pay via western union, its faster or you can go to cotonou, walspring can give you direction. Its $200. I can assist you make the payment if you can fill the coupon online through that link. I am only free next week.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by shoo266: 9:18pm On Apr 02, 2015
@walspring I sent an email to you earlier.thanks so mch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
slimmy05:
Fill this form https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/desktop/students/applicantValidation.htm

Then get a coupon number and someone in US to assist you pay via western union, its faster or you can go to cotonou, walspring can give you direction. Its $200. I can assist you make the payment if you can fill the coupon online through that link. I am only free next week.
slimmy05 When WES send the photocopies of my certificate back to my university, is it my duty to track the documents and pay for courier that will send it back?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:49am On Apr 03, 2015
shoo266:
@walspring I sent an email to you earlier.thanks so mch

Lets give the thanks to God...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:52am On Apr 03, 2015
boofydon:
slimmy05 When WES send the photocopies of my certificate back to my university, is it my duty to track the documents and pay for courier that will send it back?
I really don't have idea how it work. I think your school will send them an email.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 03, 2015
djmakson:
Guys please I need clarification on this.

My friend helped me to pay for my SEVIS abroad using the details on the scanned I-20 I sent to him. I printed the receipt yesterday. While cross-checking and comparing the figures on the receipt and my I-20 this morning, I discovered this: Sch Code on my I-20- BOS214F10145000, Sch Code on my SEVIS receipt: BOS214F10145.000. There was a dot before the last three zeros.

And then I wondered if that was an input error by my friend or a default program.

Pls how do I go about this?
Its nothing! Fear Not ...Na so e dey be on every sevis receipt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 1:33am On Apr 03, 2015
profojah:

Its nothing! Fear Not ...Na so e dey be on every sevis receipt
lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 1:34am On Apr 03, 2015
boofydon:
once it arrives at your school, find a way to tell them to fast track it. some schools reply by email while some reply by mail. your school will prolly send it with Nigeria post office so you need to go see them and pay for a courier.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 2:48am On Apr 03, 2015
zeezahbee:
once it arrives at your school, find a way to tell them to fast track it. some schools reply by email while some reply by mail. your school will prolly send it with Nigeria post office so you need to go see them and pay for a courier.
Thanks very much for taking time to reply. I'll look for someone to help me go to my school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 03, 2015
zeezahbee:
lol
Lol? shocked Thank God Miss e-fighter didn't quote me to fight,. Out of 1434 posts, 1400 na e-war, rest na talks and advices. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 03, 2015
boofydon:
Bro, it depends on how fast you need it , WES normally send credentials verification back to issuing institution through regular mail and you wont be able track it unless you have someone at your school record office who can help you monitor that and tell you when it arrive BUT if you use the courrier, the tracking number will be on your profile at WES portal which you can use to know how and exact place your docx is moving.
When your school receive it, Its either they reply WES through email or mailing.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 6:12am On Apr 03, 2015
kennyrony:
Hello NLanders,

Bros, sorry about your denial. Though I agree that u could do a bit better with ur answers, I don't think it's a bad transcript at all. Even the research stuff is already hackneyed. The truth is that it's not ur time to get a visa.
By the time you approach the counter and having gone through ur application, the VO has already made up their minds on what to do. Every other thing u are saying is give n take unless maybe u commit a catastrophic blunder.
These guys are seasoned profilers. They know what they're looking for when they see it. Theres sth about ur profile that doesnt add up. Guess u should go through your transcript and application carefully, correct any mistakes n apply next time.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:15am On Apr 03, 2015
nedum360:

Bros, sorry about your denial. Though I agree that u could do a bit better with ur answers, I don't think it's a bad transcript at all. Even the research stuff is already hackneyed. The truth is that it's not ur time to get a visa.
By the time you approach the counter and having gone through ur application, the VO has already made up their minds on what to do. Every other thing u are saying is give n take unless maybe u commit a catastrophic blunder.
These guys are seasoned profilers. They know what they're looking for when they see it. Theres sth about ur profile that doesnt add up. Guess u should go through your transcript and application carefully, correct any mistakes n apply next time.
Your head is valid...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.