Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,446 members, 7,781,290 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (860836 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:16am On May 11, 2015
Kagame:
Hello Guys,

I need your advice/input.

My sibling was offered admission in the US. I was meant to be his sponsor , but fortunately he secured full funding which covered his tuition,living expenses ,etc.

We are currently waiting for his I20,but am getting the supporting documents ready in preparation for his Visa interview.

Initially,I had intended to use my bank statement as supporting evidence . A substantial amount of the cash in this account was placed in a fixed deposit account,which I intend to liquidate this week. However, I read a comment on a thread by Vicjustice where he advised someone not to use such account ,as it would seem that a lump sum was deposited prior to the Visa interview.

As a consequence, a very good friend of mine offered to help with his account statement /details.

Would it sound convincing to use a family friends statement of account ? How can it be presented to the VO ? Is it possible to use my own account? . Does an account statement matter so much ,knowing that he has secured full funding?
Simce your brother got funding,u don't need to disturb yourself. At least if your account funded with 1million, he can use that. He should not go with your friend account because u are never related and questions might arise and lead to something else

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:21am On May 11, 2015
decreamaster:
Guys pls i need quick response
What is the best case for reinstatement
I met a guy in my sch but he transferred from another sch because he couldn't afford d fees
He came in last year fall and he couldn't go to sch but he has enough money now to go to a cheaper sch
What can he say caused d situation
Reinstatement is a risky game and u need to arrange your document carefully to avoid problem. First u need to go to the current school and tell the transfer the already out of status sevis to the cheaper school, the cheaper school will tell you to pay In full for that semester as a proof to show you are ready, then the whole document is mailed to sevis and u sometimes have to wait 3months for approval. Some people get disapproved and you will get a letter to leave the USA in little time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Kagame: 11:26am On May 11, 2015
zeezahbee:
Simce your brother got funding,u don't need to disturb yourself. At least if your account funded with 1million, he can use that. He should not go with your friend account because u are never related and questions might arise and lead to something else

Thank you very much.

My account has more than a million,but in a fixed deposit account.

When you do a fixed deposit account investment , a new/temporary account, different from your functional account is created and cash is transferred from your functional account to this temporary fixed deposit account.When you liquidate the fixed deposit , the cash will be moved from the temporary account to the functional account.

On this premise, if I liquidate the fixed deposit , it would look as if I deposited a huge sum of money into my functional account for the purpose of the visa interview and I dont know if that is admissible as a genuine supporting document.

What do you think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:36am On May 11, 2015
Kagame:

Thank you very much.

My account has more than a million,but in a fixed deposit account.

When you do a fixed deposit account investment , a new/temporary account, different from your functional account is created and cash is transferred from your functional account to this temporary fixed deposit account.When you liquidate the fixed deposit , the cash will be moved from the temporary account to the functional account.

On this premise, if I liquidate the fixed deposit , it would look as if I deposited a huge sum of money into my functional account for the purpose of the visa interview and I dont know if that is admissible as a genuine supporting document.

What do you think?
Regardless of what, he can use it. He has a funding already, he should just proof to the VO that he's a credible student and he got funding. Your own statement of account is just to show that he has back up. Let him go with your watever statement of account u have. Goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ifecttt(m): 11:39am On May 11, 2015
Hi
Good day peeps.
I went to the embassy for interview for a student visa. All my documents were intact except for my bank statement which had a letter incorrectly misspelt (stg like Adewale instead of Adewole) who was supposed to be my sponsor/uncle.
My experience at the Abuja embassy:
Oyinbo: so ure going to Bleep university in Bleep place in America?
Me: yeah
Oyinbo: how did you find out abt d schl
Me: was looking for schools that offered the course online when u stumbled on the school alongside other schools of which this seemed the most suitable.
Oyinbo: whos sponsoring you
Me: my uncle
Oyinbo: can I see his bank statement?
Me: yes please(hands it over)
Oyinbo: (looks intently then asks) your uncle...is he your blood relative?
Me: yes sir
Oyinbo: types ...looks at statement ...hands it over and says hes sorry he can't grant me the visa.

Now my qstn. Did I answer any of the questions wrongly or was it just the bank statement error? and I need advice on better comportment and composure cos I intend applying again with a corrected bank statement cos shool resumes august.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ope4all: 11:51am On May 11, 2015
GURUS IN THE HOUSE!!!! PLEASE GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP WITH DUE RESPECT...... PLEASE AM NEW IN THE FORUM A FRIEND OF MINE DIRECTED TO THIS SITE THAT I WILL DEFINATELY GET SOLUTIONS TO MY PROBLEM...
PLEASE I NEED LISTS OF SCHOOLS IN UNITED STATE THAT I CAN APPLY TO AND THE PROCEDURES IN WHICH I CAN APPLY TO THEM. MY UNCLE IS DESPIRATELY HAVING INTEREST IN ME STUDYING ABROAD THATS WHY AM TAKING THIS DRASTIC STEP BEFORE THE INTEREST IN HIM MELT.... AM BEGGING YOU GUYS PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP.

i will be deeply glad to hear from you guys God you all amenn. am anticipating seriosly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Kagame: 12:07pm On May 11, 2015
zeezahbee:
Regardless of what, he can use it. He has a funding already, he should just proof to the VO that he's a credible student and he got funding. Your own statement of account is just to show that he has back up. Let him go with your watever statement of account u have. Goodluck

Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 12:11pm On May 11, 2015
ope4all:
GURUS IN THE HOUSE!!!! PLEASE GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP WITH DUE RESPECT...... PLEASE AM NEW IN THE FORUM A FRIEND OF MINE DIRECTED TO THIS SITE THAT I WILL DEFINATELY GET SOLUTIONS TO MY PROBLEM...
PLEASE I NEED LISTS OF SCHOOLS IN UNITED STATE THAT I CAN APPLY TO AND THE PROCEDURES IN WHICH I CAN APPLY TO THEM. MY UNCLE IS DESPIRATELY HAVING INTEREST IN ME STUDYING ABROAD THATS WHY AM TAKING THIS DRASTIC STEP BEFORE THE INTEREST IN HIM MELT.... AM BEGGING YOU GUYS PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP.

i will be deeply glad to hear from you guys God you all amenn. am anticipating seriosly

Only you can help your self bro... Everything you need from a-z is here on this forum, all you have to do is just read from part 5 of this thread to part 6.

Ask questions when you get confused, make Google your best friend and hope for the best from God. I wish you all the best from your uncle.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ope4all: 12:15pm On May 11, 2015
alrigh thanks bro really do appreciate...... GOd bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 12:19pm On May 11, 2015
ope4all:
alrigh thanks bro really do appreciate...... GOd bless you

All thanks to God.... God bless you too and good luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 12:59pm On May 11, 2015
Visa delayed at abuja,
VO: good morning
ME: hi how is it going
VO: pass me ur document
ME: okay * nervous to a fault*
VO: so which school are u going to?!
ME: missouri S&t
VO: what do u do?!!
ME : cry I work as an intern at kogi state rural water and sanitation board * I fall my hand for here cry
VO : whose sponsoring U
ME: my cousin * clearly visible with $50k
VO what does he do?!
ME : he has departmental stores where he sells inported cosmetics
VO: thanks you, I wish u luck in your work and education aspirations u dont qualify now
ME *are u serious* where the real questions*
Pls y'all should advise me. My folks saying I didnt give her all my documents, I was expecting the regular questions, my DS-160 was filled to specification, pls y'all should help me see this interviw thats all she asked?!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 1:01pm On May 11, 2015
VOs at abuja werent friendly with students today at alllll, asking 3 questions are bouncing people, its unfair
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gunther6(m): 1:21pm On May 11, 2015
amanze15:
VOs at abuja werent friendly with students today at alllll, asking 3 questions are bouncing people, its unfair

Amanze so sorry, but I got a couple of questions.

1. I think your cousin sponsoring you doesn't sound right .
2. You said something about $50k... Is that your cousins balance or your fees? If it is your fees how do you intend to pay for it. $50k is big money even in Alaska.
3. Don't despair, tidy up your responses and fire again. But I don't think stuffs like he has departmental stores shocked and imports cosmetics is going to cut it.

I leave you in God's hands and hope to hear your goodness soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 1:35pm On May 11, 2015
gunther6:

2. You said something about $50k... Is that your cousins balance or your fees? If it is your fees how do you intend to pay for it. $50k is big money even in Alaska.
3. Don't despair, tidy up your responses and fire again. But I don't think stuffs like he has departmental stores shocked and imports cosmetics is going to cut it.

thats he's checking balance,
Schoolll fees is around 34500, he would pay for it, he served ny dad as an apprentice, he's my godfather........he has chains of cosmetics stores, she didnt even asked the regular questions undecided thats man, do u think I should go in 14 days time or chill till next month, am getting a free flight to the states in june, cry......y'all should help me out, thats all I told her, and all she asked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 1:44pm On May 11, 2015
DeeTus:
Why didn't he transfer to the school that is less expensive? Or better still CC?
He just did dat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 11, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 2:09pm On May 11, 2015
zeezahbee:
Reinstatement is a risky game and u need to arrange your document carefully to avoid problem. First u need to go to the current school and tell the transfer the already out of status sevis to the cheaper school, the cheaper school will tell you to pay In full for that semester as a proof to show you are ready, then the whole document is mailed to sevis and u sometimes have to wait 3months for approval. Some people get disapproved and you will get a letter to leave the USA in little time.
Seriously?
What if he did not leave?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 11, 2015
amanze15:
thats he's checking balance,
Schoolll fees is around 34500, he would pay for it, he served ny dad as an apprentice, he's my godfather........he has chains of cosmetics stores, she didnt even asked the regular questions undecided thats man, do u think I should go in 14 days time or chill till next month, am getting a free flight to the states in june, cry......y'all should help me out, thats all I told her, and all she asked
Sorry for the denial.

You did not tell the VO what he or she wants to hear in terms of sponsorship and what he does for a living.

Your cousin as a sponsor on relatively high fees is questionable and the VO couldn't believe that as well.

Change your sponsor, the closer the better and restructure what he or she does for a living. Make it sound big and the visa would be yours.

Wishing you the best of luck next time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Calculus007: 2:10pm On May 11, 2015
Pls who can help me with Statement of Acct. I need to send d soft copy to my sku b4 they send my I-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 2:29pm On May 11, 2015
Calculus007:
Pls who can help me with Statement of Acct. I need to send d soft copy to my sku b4 they send my I-20
Assist you in sending it? I don't understand.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Vicjustice: 2:35pm On May 11, 2015
zeezahbee:
Well said... He will definitely be refused if he uses a non-relative bank statement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Calculus007: 2:42pm On May 11, 2015
Mystiqme:

Assist you in sending it? I don't understand.
I mean how to arrange for it since I don't have any relative that can help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by crestasrs: 3:51pm On May 11, 2015
 i:
Visa Approved  wednesday here is transcript
Sorry for the long delay.

Vo: hey,good morning
Me:good morning
Vo:you are ....
Me: yes, thank you
Vo :why do you want to go to the u.s
Me:i am going to the us for my masters in bussiness administration.
Vo:you are going to cali,how did you learn of the school
Me: i searched the internet for a school that will improve my managerial   abilities, problem solving capabilities and competitiveness.(vo nodding)
Vo:how many schools did you apply to.
Me:4 schools in the us(i listed them )and 2 schools in the uk (i listed them)
Vo: (nodding and looking through my ds160 online in his system)
Vo: when did u finish school
Me: 2008
Vo: what have you been doing since then, oh i see you work in ........
Me : yes, i needed the work experience to boost my knowledge and practise.
Vo: why M.B.A. Are you switching courses?
Me :i will major in MBA but with concentration in ......., this will enable me implement managerial and leadership skills in the sector where i work and bring about organisational changes which will go a long way to......( vo cuts in ).
Vo: i see you have travelled
Me: yes to .....
Vo: are you married?
Me : no
Vo: you have a son
Me :no
Vo:u have relatives in u.s.
Me:no
Vo: have applied for us visa before
Me: no
Vo :take this white paper,u will pick up your visa at ......
Vo:put this 1-20 in your hand luggage ,u will need it at the poe,wishing u all the very best in your endeavours
Me: thank you sir.

All this took perhaps 60 secs i.e 1min.
Though i had all the documents well arranged in a transparent folder an boldly labelled and placed infront, of which i know he saw how i arranged it.
But he did not ask for any documents.

This is really the hand work of God.
He even denied the lady before me,funny enough the lady left the pasport for him,so he sked me to gv the lady her passport,that was even before we started our gist.

Prayer is the key ,i asked God that it will be a friendly  conversation,and that he wont ask for any documents.
Though i was fully ready even with driving license. Hahaha
U must ask God for favour.
Impt: u must know what u filled in ur ds 160 very well.
Keep ur answerssimple and straightto the point,they dont have much time to listen to whatever you think you hv crammed becauseyour case is different.
You know why, they hear it 32×5 times every day,from monday to friday.

If you plan to go for interview,... Pls copy and paste all the good interviews and store them in ur system ,they  will come in handy when u need it.

Thats because when its closer to ur interview date ,u may not get all the infor on this site at that time,cos some people be gisting romance or arguing seriously for like 5 pages.

I want to say big thank you to everybody in the house for your contribution to my success.

You tot me how to listen and use this forum.

Am really grateful and appreciate everybody on this forum for the good work, God will favour those that are yet to get their visa & those delay God will pave way for you all. I appreciate the likes of Walspring, azeezahbee,profojah. God bless you all2

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 4:09pm On May 11, 2015
ifecttt:
Hi
Good day peeps.
I went to the embassy for interview for a student visa. All my documents were intact except for my bank statement which had a letter incorrectly misspelt (stg like Adewale instead of Adewole) who was supposed to be my sponsor/uncle.
Oyinbo: so ure going to Bleep university in Bleep place in America?
Me: was looking for schools that offered the course online when u stumbled on the school alongside other schools of which this seemed the most suitable.
Oyinbo: types ...looks at statement ...hands it over and says hes sorry he can't grant me the visa.

Now my qstn. Did I answer any of the questions wrongly or was it just the bank statement error? and I need advice on better comportment and composure cos I intend applying again with a corrected bank statement cos shool resumes august.

Una Don start again with Una bleep bleep undecided
U r asking for favor n u hiding Ur sch which might even be d red flag..

Nigerians n Dia cunning mentality undecided

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 4:15pm On May 11, 2015
amanze15:
Visa delayed at abuja,
VO: good morning
ME: hi how is it going
VO: pass me ur document
ME: okay * nervous to a fault*
VO: so which school are u going to?!
ME: missouri S&t
VO: what do u do?!!
ME : cry I work as an intern at kogi state rural water and sanitation board * I fall my hand for here cry
VO : whose sponsoring U
ME: my cousin * clearly visible with $50k
VO what does he do?!
ME : he has departmental stores where he sells inported cosmetics
VO: thanks you, I wish u luck in your work and education aspirations u dont qualify now
ME *are u serious* where the real questions*
Pls y'all should advise me. My folks saying I didnt give her all my documents, I was expecting the regular questions, my DS-160 was filled to specification, pls y'all should help me see this interviw thats all she asked?!

Maybe Ur nervousness coupled with cousin sponsor caused it.. D Vo don't usually hear cousins sponsoring cousins.. IMO..

wish u gud luck in Ur next
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 4:21pm On May 11, 2015
[quote author=crestasrs post=33634265][/quote]

Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 11, 2015
warriboy21:

Thank you..he needs help and he's hiding his school names..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 4:49pm On May 11, 2015
[quote author=crestasrs post=33634265][/quote]
Congrats my man which place you were interviewed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ifecttt(m): 5:22pm On May 11, 2015
warriboy21:

Abeg make una no vex...I'm obviosly a learner here
Here's the full edited gist and u muss help me since uve yarbed me and I've begged/apologized and adhered to correction(as I hope ur corrections to me wd be a booster and help)

Hi
Good day peeps.
Oyinbo: so ure going to Saint Joseph university in Philadelphia usa?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 11, 2015
warriboy21:

Lol... cheesy cheesy grin.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 11, 2015
gunther6:

At bolded...No don't say that...
Any close relative can sponsor anybody...and its left to tell the VO how related he/she is to you...A friend of mine(a regular NairaLander) is been sponsored by an extended relative who they don't even share the same surname...
All I see in Amanze's transcript is "nervousness", AND MAYBE his intending course isn't align with his present work..He should just re-strategize, and go again...I wish him the luck next time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.