Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865721 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

I don't know where it is best however, one thing I am sure of is that wherever you are as an IT person, you should fit in since IT is a general field.
Yea...thank u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

This is not necessarily true. I have friends who returned to Nigeria because they were not getting the employment based Green Cards and some had to return to school to do a PhD since it brightens their chances.
10 out of 200 abi? I never said all or did you perceive otherwise?

Advice for those that want to join the military. The truth remains marriage route still has a lot of percentage. I wouldn't imagine going through what I really do not have passion for just to get a green card.

Marriage is not the only route, we are aware of the routes, but the fact still remains- marriage is the sure route than dash your hopes job hunting to get employer file for you or look into laying down your life for green card. Not a sure route for an Igbo man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

My question to you is "must one stay in the US to be successful?"

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Perotti: 9:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hello house, I perused through the webpage of Michigan State Uni, wanting to apply for MSc degree in Plant Biology n Genetics. One thing i noticed was that they said the applicant's referees should send the recommendation letters by mail. Pls house, do we need to use a letterhead paper for the letters? And, considering the 9ja factor of lecturers not having time to write/type a good recommendation letter( i finished from a fed school), can we get alternative solutions? Please anyone studing at MSU can help out.. Btw, i have a GRE score of 307, 153Q, 154V, 4.0AWA, cgpa 4.02, ielts 8.0
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Perotti: Hello house, I perused through the webpage of Michigan State Uni, wanting to apply for MSc degree in Plant Biology n Genetics. One thing i noticed was that they said the applicant's referees should send the recommendation letters by mail. Pls house, do we need to use a letterhead paper for the letters? And, considering the 9ja factor of lecturers not having time to write/type a good recommendation letter( i finished from a fed school), can we get alternative solutions? Please anyone studing at MSU can help out.. Btw, i have a GRE score of 307, 153Q, 154V, 4.0AWA, cgpa 4.02, ielts 8.0
Produce and give the Secretary... she uses their letterhead and he signs ..shipment follows.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 9:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
slimmy05: 10 out of 200 abi? I never said all or did you perceive otherwise?

Advice for those that want to join the military. The truth remains marriage route still has a lot of percentage. I wouldn't imagine going through what I really do not have passion for just to get a green card.

Marriage is not the only route, we are aware of the routes, but the fact still remains- marriage is the sure route than dash your hopes job hunting to get employer file for you or look into laying down your life for green card. Not a sure route for an Igbo man.

To each his own and I do not think we need stress so much on this as each individual will have to trace a path for his(her)self.

5 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
slimmy05: 10 out of 200 abi? I never said all or did you perceive otherwise?

Na to come back or no go @ all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
I sent you a mail, bro.
ebdib:

Replied your pm.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 11:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
imperiouxx:

Longest time friend. But F1 visa for Nigerians is renewable after 2 years and by the time of renewal, you must still have courses registered. Then how to join while you're still in class?

Yeah long time bro! I had a friend who just went straight to the international office in school then, told them he was leaving,filled some forms, stopped his MS program and joined the military...so yeah you can join;provided your visa is still valid and min 2 years, but will have to leave your academic program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 11:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
GboyegaD:

May be I will look for cheap flights the way I use to and plan a get away trip.

imperiouxx:

Great, I'll be expecting you.

I can meetup with you guys too smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 12:16am On Sep 20, 2014
Sir. Imperiouxx, how are you doing? Been an age.
MsNas, again, thanks for the other time. Sure you are doing great.
His bossliness, Monsieur slimmy05, what's good?

Regards to the house too oo.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Snazzygirl: 12:24am On Sep 20, 2014
charzyh2:
did you get the mail I sent?

Yes I did. Thank u! But the thing get as e be o grin, I'm not a fan of all this marketing kinda jobs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 12:24am On Sep 20, 2014
biikeys:

Yeah long time bro! I had a friend who just went straight to the international office in school then, told them he was leaving,filled some forms, stopped his MS program and joined the military...so yeah you can join;provided your visa is still valid and min 2 years, but will have to leave your academic program.

Good info you, snazzy and GboyegaD shared with the thread. Yea, I'd be glad to meet everyone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 20, 2014
Welcome bro. How is nassarawa this morning? cheesy
godG: Sir. Imperiouxx, how are you doing? Been an age.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 12:47am On Sep 20, 2014
biikeys:

I can meetup with you guys too smiley

Abbey, no vex I come Denton but I couldn't get to Arlington. Let me plan a vacation for US Thanksgiving and will let you guys know.
You even still dey Arlington?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:10am On Sep 20, 2014
Femicrux: Pls, does anyone on this thread know of any F1 visa applicant who has been successful with paying SEVIS fee via Western Union directly from Nigeria? With WU opening out-bound transfers from Nigeria, I presume that should be possible. Right?

Is not possible for now... They can only send the money to person and not organisation at any WU location in Nigeria.

If you need help and info about another method of paying sevis fee outside Nigeria you can feel free to pm me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 6:21am On Sep 20, 2014

I'm doing good jare. Kò t'ópé. Has it reflected on your profile yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Sponge3(m): 6:23am On Sep 20, 2014
Any Nigerian that needs a place to reside near Lufkin, Austin or Nacogdoches should let me know. Will see if I can help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 20, 2014

I am good Alhaji godG. How's Nasarawa? Hope you're keeping with the process (admission).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 20, 2014
GboyegaD:

To each his own and I do not think we need stress so much on this as each individual will have to trace a path for his(her)self.
Absolutely. If you have taken time to actually read the bone of contention to see the stressed words, the argument wouldn't have been necessary.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by domex007: 8:11am On Sep 20, 2014
Walspring:

Am doing great and thanks to God..

How about you?

Am fine,
Preparing for exam..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by domex007: 8:21am On Sep 20, 2014
Walspring:

Sorry to ask, did you fill that in your previous ds160 before?

In my previous ds 160, when asked "do you have an immediate relative in the US? I didn't see the column for uncle, so I filled NO.
When asked do you have anyother relative in the US?
That was where I filled YES.
During my last interview the VO asked if I have a relative in the US?
I said yes, an uncle.
I hope this did not further more currupt my chances of getting visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:25am On Sep 20, 2014
sirRiddy: Welcome bro. How is nassarawa this morning? cheesy

Fine. Calm. Boring. Today makes it the 6th day - with Abj - that we haven't seen light in the whole of the state! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:26am On Sep 20, 2014
MsNas:
I'm doing good jare. Kò t'ópé. Has it reflected on your profile yet?

Great. Not yet. Maybe because the transcripts hasn't been delivered.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 8:28am On Sep 20, 2014
slimmy05: I am good Alhaji godG. How's Nasarawa? Hope you're keeping with the process (admission).

Baba mi, I'm on it o. Sure you are working something out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 20, 2014
godG:

Baba mi, I'm on it o. Sure you are working something out.
Sure. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2014
slimmy05: Absolutely. If you have taken time to actually read the bone of contention to see the stressed words, the argument wouldn't have been necessary.
concurred
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
Can anyone be kind enough to furnish us with a CHECKLIST of typical documents to take to the embassy, apart from the three cardinal required documents ( I-20, Sevis confirmation, Passport).

Many thanks to you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hi all.
I'm having a problem with my high school (secondary school) transcript, my school doesn't issue any sort or form of transcript.
Its an important admission criteria
I dunno how I'm gonna go about getting a transcript or a format of a transcript...I'll be glad if anyone can help with it soonest
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2014
meekpie: Can anyone be kind enough to furnish us with a CHECKLIST of typical documents to take to the embassy, apart from the three cardinal required documents ( I-20, Sevis confirmation, Passport).

Many thanks to you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 3:22pm On Sep 20, 2014
Perotti: Hello house, I perused through the webpage of Michigan State Uni, wanting to apply for MSc degree in Plant Biology n Genetics. One thing i noticed was that they said the applicant's referees should send the recommendation letters by mail. Pls house, do we need to use a letterhead paper for the letters? And, considering the 9ja factor of lecturers not having time to write/type a good recommendation letter( i finished from a fed school), can we get alternative solutions? Please anyone studing at MSU can help out.. Btw, i have a GRE score of 307, 153Q, 154V, 4.0AWA, cgpa 4.02, ielts 8.0
It should be on letterheads, as that makes it official. And i think you have to discuss with your prospective recommenders. That should be the first step
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by efiyefaa: 3:31pm On Sep 20, 2014
Hello house hope weekend is going on fine.
Please can anyone give tips on filling the visa form? do you recommend i do it myself? or get a pro to do it for me?
Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.