Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? (5939 Views)

I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? / UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
“Flee! Flee! Flee like flies,” says one hilarious guy! grin grin grin

The responses in this video are hilarious... but seriously, how would you cope with a bad mother-in-law ??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV_P1p5bgOw
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
...There is one Yoruba proverb that says, ' A bad husband is better than bad in-laws'....before getting married, i believe the wife-to-be might have seen some signs....As for me, on sighting those signs and points....I ll dust my shoes and leave ni.....
.....But in a case where you guys are already married and you start seeing those signs....you ll have to exercise enough patience....you notify your husband and ask him to helpp you out
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by ahnie: 8:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
jejely booking down...just incase it hits frontpage.
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by Edykul(f): 9:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
It will not be easy @ all oooo.Since she don enter d marriage finish na 4 her 2 bear am nd stay away 4m d mother inlaw.
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by pickabeau1: 9:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
flee..fly..flee.. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by Kanwulia: 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hmmmmm! Hallelujah for my own houses! cool
Nor be if I invite you, you go WAKA KAM? grin
Show up un-invited make I show you whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin! Mtchew!
Abi she see me for her house? undecided
She berra gerrrout before I return from work. . .AND TAKE HER SON with her too! kiss

I don't have patience for my own mother and her ITK. . . e come be mother-in-law!

She has 4 daughters AND . . .5 OTHER SONS. Soooooooooooooo, she berra to to their houses and SIT THERE!

Na woman get house!

EVERY WOMAN STAY IN HER OWN HUSBAND'S HOUSE. . . unless you are 'MY FELLOW WIDOWS', then you can shack up under the same roof.

If you try ya luck. . . YOU GO REGRET LIFE O. . . .mother or mother-in-law. . . .I DON'T KIA! kiss

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by floranbee1(f): 10:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Some mother-in-laws are troublesome and hard to please but you can cope with them by trying to avoid anything that can bring or cause problems.Most importantly,treat her the way you'll treat your own mother and the way you'll want your mother to be treated.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
Dealing with a bad mother in law nor easy o,I don't have a mother in law,but I have friends who when they begin to tell their stories of their MIL ehn,I go just open mouth,but then,what they preach on and on is patience o,continuous patience and submission sad may God help them.
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by eigmaticme: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2014
If i decide to get married i pray God gives me a MIL like my mum. That womans love for others is beyond me. Kai i love my mum kiss
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by iyaakanran: 10:00am On Aug 23, 2014
My impression about mother in law thingy was somehow before marriages,but immediately i got married i fell in love with my mother in law,she is like my mother,God bless her for me.
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2014
Marry an intelligent man an not a boy and you won't have such problems.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by teeboo: 6:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
carefreewannabe: Marry an intelligent man an not a boy and you won't have such problems.

That's all, I bliv D way ur inlaw threats u depend on d kind of man u marry,no matter hw a man luvs his mom he has 2 set boundaries,cos as far as am concerned 2 women cannot love a man and their won't be problem.
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2014
teeboo:

That's all, I bliv D way ur inlaw threats u depend on d kind of man u marry,no matter hw a man luvs his mom he has 2 set boundaries,cos as far as am concerned 2 women cannot love a man and their won't be problem.

I think two women, a mother and a daughter-in-law, can love a man and have a very warm relationship if they are lucky BUT the man's role in all of it is very important. And yes, EVERYONE must know their boundaries. If not, they must be taught.
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by egopersonified(f): 7:51pm On Aug 24, 2014
Every woman is a prospective mother in law, so do as u would have others do unto u.
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by iyaakanran: 11:36pm On Aug 24, 2014
Yep,my mother in law told me that her mother in law then took her like her daughter so she too does not have any choice than to treat her daughter in law well.
egopersonified: Every woman is a prospective mother in law, so do as u would have others do unto u.
Re: How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? by mamateniola1: 10:28am On Aug 25, 2014
Your MIL get conscience ni. Some women are lucky in their own husband' house but still, the b ***hy part of them comes out when it comes to their own territory. All thesame, your MIL is a good woman so love her in return!!

iyaakanran: Yep,my mother in law told me that her mother in law then took her like her daughter so she too does not have any choice than to treat her daughter in law well.

(1) (Reply)

When He Can't Get Up Down There / Top Ten Sandals Design Gift For Your Spouse / See This Viral Photo Of This Old Woman Breast Feeding His Grown Up Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.