Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,495 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:31 PM

Are You Comparing Yourself To Other People? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Comparing Yourself To Other People? (582 Views)

She Kept Comparing Me With Her Ex-boyfriend / How Can I Stop Comparing Other Men To My Ex. Thank You / Why Do I Keep Comparing My Girlfriend To Other Girls? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Comparing Yourself To Other People? by zboyd: 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Why?

In the words of psychologist Dr. Gina Barreca:

“Envy depletes you. A healthy way to do that is to be able to look to each other for inspiration, not from a “let me see where you are, so that I can do something more or be better”. Everyone you are comparing yourself to is going through their own journey. Their own challenges. And to be quite honest no one really knows what part of their journey that other person is experiencing. Comparison envy holds you back. It prevents you from being able to wish that other person well. And it also prevents you from seeing how great you are doing on your own journey."

Yet...some women compare themselves to other women.

Whether it's looks, clothing, education, careers or men they date, women often compare themselves to other women. It could be a friend, colleague or even a stranger; everything is a competition.

As a woman, do YOU compare yourself to other women? Why or Why not?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some men compare themselves to other men.

Whether it's looks, education, careers, intelligence, man toys, women they date, p-nis s size, bedmatic talent, so on and so forth...everything's a competition.

As a man, do YOU compare yourself to other men? Why or Why not?
Re: Are You Comparing Yourself To Other People? by Truth24(m): 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
I don't.... I contrast
Re: Are You Comparing Yourself To Other People? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
And y should ı do dat, ı luv d way ı am. What wıl b wıl b.
Re: Are You Comparing Yourself To Other People? by purplesummer(f): 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
I compare myself with my mates in a healthy way. When I see my mates already ahead of me in academics for instance, I try to sit up and see if I can overtake them. I think it's a healthy habit because it wakes me up from slumber.
Re: Are You Comparing Yourself To Other People? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
Why Compare ? Some of your mates who had everything going for them on this earth are no more. Just live in the moment and by your purpose.

Grace is what count.
Re: Are You Comparing Yourself To Other People? by Saraha1(f): 8:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
Re: Are You Comparing Yourself To Other People? by Nobody: 4:33am On Aug 28, 2014
Yes! It's a part of the self evaluation process. Comparison doesn't have to equal envy. Part of getting where you want to go lies in "emulating" (to varying degrees) those who're already there. It's sorta where the concept of the role model comes from.
Re: Are You Comparing Yourself To Other People? by Missmossy(f): 5:55am On Aug 28, 2014
It all depends on the kind of comparism anyway,any that makes you sit up and enriches your career in the long run is simply worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Comparing Yourself To Other People? by Swizdoe(m): 6:12am On Aug 28, 2014
If its kind of comparism that will make you deviate from a wrong path to the right one, I see nothing wrong with in it.... One can be special in his or her own way but that doesn't he/She is perfect

(1) (Reply)

Will You Allow Your Sibling Marry Your Ex? / Should I Abort My Pregnancy For Second Time? / Can You Date Or Marry Your Friend's Ex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.