Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,230 members, 7,807,764 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. (8561 Views)

Major Oil Firm, MRS, Owes FCMB N6.2bn / Nigeria Sinks Deeper Into External Debt / States With The Lowest External Debt In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 11:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ayekotoo:
Asking me out again after last nite show of disgrace. I will put you to where you belong until you come to your sense that these people they wish to have leaders like Fashola, Aregbesola, Amosun, Ajimobi et all but fate couldnt but gave them T.A Orji, Elechi, Obiano et all.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 11:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
Moveover Ayekotoo, I will be waiting for you on that thread. Don't insult, abuse or threaten. Let discuss like civilised and SOPHISTICATED MEN WILL DO.

Bring your facts and I will bring mine.

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Atouke: 12:06am On Aug 23, 2014
unborn children of the five debt affected states. grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 12:07am On Aug 23, 2014
Still waiting for your evidences.

I can't explain why someone will be defending broad day light corruption all in the name of Tinubu.

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 12:08am On Aug 23, 2014
Atouke: unborn children of the five debt affected states. grin grin grin grin grin

Is that the point ? To make jest at us ?

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Atouke: 12:08am On Aug 23, 2014
Fate of citizens of the five debt affected states in Nigeria

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Nobody: 12:10am On Aug 23, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Patience Jonathan alone can pay this chicken change debt from just one account she has held in the name of her proxies.
Can you tell us how much Patience Jonathan is worth? Your contribution on nairaland should reflect your age but I'm guessing you are just a kid trying to play adult's game.
I hate that the op made it a South West thing, I would have appreciated it more if he had included all the states so we could be better informed. The question sane minds should ask is about the sustainability of those debts. Have the states the means and ability to repay such huge amount of debts and what will it costs poor tax payers in the process. What are the projects on the ground to justify such huge debts, it's painfully obvious there's not much. Nigerian states governors just mortgage the future of their states and we foolishly praise and urge them on.

3 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Ayekotoo(m): 12:10am On Aug 23, 2014
aljharem:

The level of debts corresponds or make logical sense to the level of infrastructure they have in the state. The same cannot be said of Lagos.
Now I know you have no iota of sense. So you could spew this garbage? List them start with Abia, Anambra, kogi, benue, bayelsa, Ebonyi, Katsina et all and let's see if their debts truly correspond with infrastructural developments
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 12:10am On Aug 23, 2014
Atouke: Fate of citizens of the five debt affected states in Nigeria

Debts is not the issue after all the most powerful country in the world is in great debts. The issue is the use of the debts.

Was it just paid into Tinubu's, Aregbesola and co account or was it use for development

and if so, why do we still pay tax if we are indebted and yet still collect Federal allocation and IGR.

There is no logic behind that.

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Atouke: 12:11am On Aug 23, 2014
The weight of crushing debt on innocent citizens of the five debt Affected States SW.

Its not the citizens fault its just that their governors couldnt stop borrowing that why the debt is threatening to suffocate the innocent citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 12:14am On Aug 23, 2014
Ayekotoo:
Wait till he twists and throw the questions back to you. he's called Mr. crayon for nothing

I know that roll very well.....
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Ayekotoo(m): 12:14am On Aug 23, 2014
aljharem:

Debts is not the issue after all the most powerful country in the world is in great debts. The issue is the use of the debts.

Was it just paid into Tinubu's, Aregbesola and co account or was it use for development

and if so, why do we still pay tax if we are indebted and yet still collect Federal allocation and IGR.

Trying hard to sound intelligent. Hahaha! keep consoling your Igbos friends

http://spotonreporters.com/fashola-a-legacy-sustained/
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 12:16am On Aug 23, 2014
Ayekotoo:
Now I know you have no iota of sense. So you could spew this garbage? List them start with Abia, Anambra, kogi, benue, bayelsa, Ebonyi, Katsina et all and let's see if there debts truly correspond with infrastructural developments

I though you were progressives and sophisticated so why result to insults.

Are now comparing those states to Lagos ? Do you think you can choose and un-choose when to compare and when not to compare.

What is the debt of Lagos state and compare it to the level of infrastructure, reoccurring expenditure etc.

Now lets compare the debt profile of an APC state to a PDP state of the same level.

Lagos to Akwa Ibom.

You showed the thread the last time so you do the comparison.

Moreover it is a known fact that Lagos generate more revenue than Akwa Ibom and the level or should I use RATE ! of infrastructure in Akwa Ibom is farrrrr greater than Lagos.

Lagos was the former Capital Territory so remover federal infrastructure there.

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 12:16am On Aug 23, 2014
Ayekotoo:
Trying hard to sound intelligent. Hahaha! keep consoling your Igbos friends

http://spotonreporters.com/fashola-a-legacy-sustained/

Your link is not working

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:19am On Aug 23, 2014
APContherun:
Can you tell us how much Patience Jonathan is worth? Your contribution on nairaland should reflect your age but I'm guessing you are just a kid trying to play adult's game.
I hate that the op made it a South West thing, I would have appreciated it more if he had included all the states so we could be better informed. The question sane minds should ask is about the sustainability of those debts. Have the states the means and ability to repay such huge amount of debts and what will it costs poor tax payers in the process. What are the projects on the ground to justify such huge debts, it's painfully obvious there's not much. Nigerian states governors just mortgage the future of their states and we foolishly praise and urge them on.
Nigerians from a certain part of your country are about the most ignorant animals on the planet. Not fit to be called 'humans' despite the fact they walk on two feet and have mastered the art of speech for communication, these beings are so backwards because they can only see logic through religion and the opposing arguers tribe.

Just so you know, your Patience Jonathan is worth between $4-7billion... and those are conservative estimates.

Pray to God with all your might---and hope the Devil answers your pleas---that Buhari doesn't win the next elections the revelations on how much of the country's wealth is being drain will definitely cause you a heart attack.

Western Govts already have the info ready to pass on to a new Government to ensure GEJ and his allies go to prison after his tenure is over.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Atouke: 12:19am On Aug 23, 2014
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 12:20am On Aug 23, 2014
The performance of Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola is exaggerated (“overblown”) and does not “match the revenue accruing to the state on a monthly basis,” says Executive Chairman, Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL), Mr. Debo Adeniran.

“[b]Though the state government is said to have done a lot for the state, CACOL found out that the government has not done as much as it has been portrayed.

“[size=18pt]The budget of the state is in excess of N20bn monthly without substantial proof of what it has been used for. We have undertaken an assessment of the 57 councils in the state and it has proved that the LASG is over-hyped for doing very little.[/size]”

He said the group’s hypothesis had shown that the budgetary impact on infrastructural development in the state was not accessible.

“However, we have yet to come to the conclusion as regards how much money had been spent on infrastructure; we would not just say corruption has set in. Maybe, the money is being kept somewhere, but definitely, it has not been spent on what they claim,” he further said.
The alleged ‘secrecy’ of the Lagos State Government was questionable, he said, stressing that it could have engaged in ‘monumental corruption’ more than anyone could ever imagine.

“[size=18pt]Through propaganda, the LASG has been able to cajole Lagosians[/size] to believe that Fashola is, at present, the most performing governor in the country.[/b]

“[size=18pt]It is unfortunate that Nigerians easily believe anything.[/size] There should not be secrecy in government; it should be open and transparent. Let LASG prove that their hands are clean,” Adeniran said.

Just so unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Ayekotoo(m): 12:21am On Aug 23, 2014
Abraham Lincoln once said that “if you would
win a man to your cause, first convince him that
you are his sincere friend”. That, perhaps, is
what has kept Lagos State together under the
governorship of Babatunde Raji Fashola. At first,
it was like a very difficult pill to swallow for
Lagosians – his style, the need to change Lagos
State and make it a mega city, the demolitions,
the new rules he created on how to operate and
govern; the apolitical posturing, sometimes
bordering on the stiff-necked – because the old
style, the affable, politically induced aura of
inclusiveness and tolerance that his successor,
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, had created, was seen by
many as a template for success in governance.
But here was a man, a gangling lawyer, thrust
upon a polity of clashing socio-economic-
religious and political interests, in a manner
most shocking; and pushing an agenda that was
considered alien and finicky! It was so bad that
even between Fashola and Tinubu, there was a
disagreement on matters of style.
However, today, because Fashola took Lincoln’s
admonition to heart, that there was need to first
convince Tinubu and Lagosians that he is indeed
a sincere friend, he has been able to win many,
very many, to his cause. Decisions thought to
have been rash and anti-people appear to be
yielding results. The catch-phrase in Lagos is,
Eko o ni baje (conditions in Lagos will not be
allowed to degenerate)
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aljharem(m): 12:23am On Aug 23, 2014
^^^^^^

Has this answered anyone's question ?

Level of infrastructure VS debt profile VS IGR.

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Atouke: 12:24am On Aug 23, 2014
aljharem: The performance of Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola is exaggerated (“overblown”) and does not “match the revenue accruing to the state on a monthly basis,” says Executive Chairman, Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL), Mr. Debo Adeniran.

“[b]Though the state government is said to have done a lot for the state, CACOL found out that the government has not done as much as it has been portrayed.

“[size=18pt]The budget of the state is in excess of N20bn monthly without substantial proof of what it has been used for. We have undertaken an assessment of the 57 councils in the state and it has proved that the LASG is over-hyped for doing very little.[/size]”

He said the group’s hypothesis had shown that the budgetary impact on infrastructural development in the state was not accessible.

“However, we have yet to come to the conclusion as regards how much money had been spent on infrastructure; we would not just say corruption has set in. Maybe, the money is being kept somewhere, but definitely, it has not been spent on what they claim,” he further said.
The alleged ‘secrecy’ of the Lagos State Government was questionable, he said, stressing that it could have engaged in ‘monumental corruption’ more than anyone could ever imagine.

“[size=18pt]Through propaganda, the LASG has been able to cajole Lagosians[/size] to believe that Fashola is, at present, the most performing governor in the country.[/b]

“[size=18pt]It is unfortunate that Nigerians easily believe anything.[/size] There should not be secrecy in government; it should be open and transparent. Let LASG prove that their hands are clean,” Adeniran said.

Just so unfortunate

very true !

2 Likes

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Ayekotoo(m): 12:26am On Aug 23, 2014
How the governor and his men rule Lagos –
RAJI FASHOLA UNSCRIPTED (1)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/how-the-governor-and-his-men-rule-lagos-raji-fashola-unscripted-1/
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Ayekotoo(m): 12:28am On Aug 23, 2014
aljharem: ^^^^^^

Has this answered anyone's question ?

Level of infrastructure VS debt profile VS IGR.

Kindly open another thread on anyone vs Fashola. I will be gladly join you.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Nobody: 12:33am On Aug 23, 2014
aljharem:

I am not a PDP member but will say the truth when I see one.

Lagos has been under AD---APC since 1999 so you say fashola has improved Lagos is based on the individuality of Fashola and not APC.

Apart from this, OYO ( Spent some time there recently), Ekiti have not shown any sign of improvement. All we see is more poverty.

It is a statement of fact

You were rooting for Omisore the other day so I thought you have defected to/joined the PDP. Perhaps you just have a mere "sympathy" for the party. Regardless of political divide, you actually have legitimate concerns and reasons to ask questions as citizen.

1.One, Fasola was not in power in 2004 but I understood the wider context of AD/APC thing. Anyway, he took his first loan in 2009, so there's no way a loan taken in 2009 could have effect on 1996-2004 events. Count Fasola out of 1996-2004 story. He couldn't have been responsible. However, what's the breakdown of poverty levels for all states in the country? Anyone can put his opinion on proshare only to be referenced as fact later, but cogently where is the breakdown for the entire federation? Are you saying poverty levels in 1996 was at mere 6.27% in Nigeria's most populous state? and you believe that ridiculous opinion put on proshare? Don't make me laugh. Do you know poverty levels even in advanced countries? If the national poverty level in 1996 was 65.5%, how on earth would Lagos, the most populated state, be 6.27%? Something must be terribly wrong. That statement remains your opinion. It doesn't have any coloration of being a fact.
http://theeagleonline.com.ng/nigerias-poverty-level-has-worsened-afdb/

In any case, there has been a general increase in poverty level in the country. This is from BBC website:

1980: 17.1 million
1985: 34.7 million
1992: 39.2 million
1996: 67.1 million
2004: 68.7 million
2010: 112.47 million
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-17015873
or here
http://www.indexmundi.com/g/g.aspx?c=ni&v=69

These are mere figures but given that our population is a known fact, these translate to percentages that are truly alarming for the whole country. It shows that the party, PDP, that controls the center is clueless.

2.On the other hand, Lagos is doing fairly well, based on recent developments, as can been seen here:
The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) at the weekend said Sokoto State is the poorest state in the country.
According to information obtained on NBS website by an online agency, The Citizen Platform, the state has 81.2 per cent poverty rate.

The information disclosed that other states on the list include Katsina, 74.5 per cent; Adamawa, 74.2 per cent; Gombe, 74.2 per cent; Jigawa, 74.1 per cent; Plateau, 74.1 per cent; Ebonyi, 73.6 per cent; Bauchi, 73 per cent; Kebbi, 72 per cent and Zamfara, 70.8 per cent.

The state with the lowest poverty rate was Niger with 33.8 per cent, followed by Osun with 37.9 per cent and Ondo with 45.7 per cent.
Others include Bayelsa State with 47 per cent and Lagos State, 48.6 per cent.

The average poverty rate of the states in the North-west geopolitical zone remained the highest at 71.4 per cent followed by North-east 69.1 per cent and North-central, 60.7 per cent.

The record showed that poverty was least prevalent in the South-west, with an average of 49.8 per cent, followed by South-south, 55.5 per cent and South-east, 59.5 per cent.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/sokoto-is-poorest-state-in-nigeria/135601/
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 12:34am On Aug 23, 2014
aljharem:

The level of debts corresponds or make logical sense to the level of infrastructure they have in the state. The same cannot be said of Lagos.

Why do you borrow money? To service your government or to fund infrastructures. I won't waste my time going back and forth with you about projects and infrastructures in Lagos state because I'm sure you see what we post here everyday so you questioned that either because of intentional ignorance or intentional deception and deceit..

If you really are concerned about debts, you should be more concerned about states with little or no means, not Lagos state with more than enough o payback and also with too many things on the ground to show for all the spending..

Enugu is a poor state with meager and one of the smallest state budgets in Nigeria. Their budget is N93 billion while their debt is N66 billion with almost zero means to make payments...

People like you I can not take seriously because there is no truth to your concerns...
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by anonimi: 12:36am On Aug 23, 2014
Ayekotoo:
Ok! they are not responsibilities of the federal government. Are they also not your state government responsibilities? Mr. crayon, you are a disgrace if you can't hold your leaders responsible for your sorry state.

Mr. Seer, please name my sorry state
Instead of coming together to say what is bad is nothing else but bad you are trying unsuccessfully to label me as not a concerned person in the affected yoruba states shocked
Abeg try again, you hear

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Atouke: 12:40am On Aug 23, 2014
aresa:

Why do you borrow money? To service your government or to fund infrastructures. I won't waste my time going back and forth with you about projects and infrastructures in Lagos state because I'm sure you see what we post here everyday so you questioned that either because of intentional ignorance or intentional deception and deceit..

If you really are concerned about debts, you should be more concerned about states with little or no means, not Lagos state with more than enough o payback and also with too many things on the ground to show for all the spending..

Enugu is a poor state with meager and one of the smallest state budgets in Nigeria. Their budget is N93 billion while their debt is N66 billion with almost zero means to make payments...

People like you I can not take seriously because there is no truth to your concerns...

what has lagos state to show on ground? with a monthly IGR of 20billion monthly why should the the borrowing? and unGodly ammount of $1,020,410,674billion

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Nobody: 12:42am On Aug 23, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: Nigerians from a certain part of your country are about the most ignorant animals on the planet. Not fit to be called 'humans' despite the fact they walk on two feet and have mastered the art of speech for communication, these beings are so backwards because they can only see logic through religion and the opposing arguers tribe.

Just so you know, your Patience Jonathan is worth between $4-7billion... and those are conservative estimates.

Pray to God with all your might---and hope the Devil answers your pleas---that Buhari doesn't win the next elections the revelations on how much of the country's wealth is being drain will definitely cause you a heart attack.

Western Govts already have the info ready to pass on to a new Government to ensure GEJ and his allies go to prison after his tenure is over.
Would it be wrong to demand a link to the Patience Jonathan's wealth? It would be proper I think to do so since we're engaged in a mature discussion. As for Buhari, I can only pray that God changes what is possible and may happen that wasting my time asking him to change the impossible.
Mind you I don't have anything to say about your first paragraph cos I'm not your type, I don't insult people.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by anonimi: 12:46am On Aug 23, 2014
Atouke: unborn children of the five debt affected states. grin grin grin grin grin

I think you should STOP making this debt & non-performance simply an issue for south west states ONLY. Otherwise you will seem like an ethnic warlord. We yorubas can certainly deal with our THIEVING BASTARDS of leaders.

Almost all the 36 states are in the same terrible situation.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by aresa: 12:49am On Aug 23, 2014
aljharem:

Moreover it is a known fact that Lagos generate more revenue than Akwa Ibom and the level or should I use RATE ! of infrastructure in Akwa Ibom is farrrrr greater than Lagos.

1. What you generate or don't generate is irrelevant, what budget you passed to work with determines how much you have and how rich you are.

2. Akwa Ibom pass higher budgets than Lagos state and their population is almost 1/4 of Lagos state's population. Almost N100 billion more than Lagos state.

3. The only thing they have in Akwa Ibom are just the few roads in Uyo, the rest are 1 uncompleted hospital, 1 uncompleted stadium, 1 uncompleted airport, 1 uncompleted tropicana.

Still, Akwa Ibom has N60 billion debt with the largest budget in Nigeria and one of the smallest population.

Find another state to formulate your example baseless rubbish on..

1 Like

Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 23, 2014
aljharem:

That's quite shallow and pedestrian. It's based on funny assumption that Lagos or Osun has all the money to meet her needs.
There is not even one country or entity that has that luxury in the entire world. Needs, in most cases, are unlimited and the resources to meet them are limited. That brings prioritization where feasible, and borrowing when inevitable.

Do you know the wage bills of Osun State?
Do you know the IGR and other revenues of Osun State?
Do you know the actual developmental needs of that state?
Do you know the amount needed to build required infrastructure and developmental projects?

If your answer to any of these questions is No, you are obviously not in position to talk about tax or whether any money is paid into Tinubu or Aregbe's pocket.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by anonimi: 12:58am On Aug 23, 2014
aresa:

1. What you generate or don't generate is irrelevant, what budget you passed to work with determines how much you have and how rich you are.

2. Akwa Ibom pass higher budgets than Lagos state and their population is almost 1/4 of Lagos state's population. Almost N100 billion more than Lagos state.

3. The only thing they have in Akwa Ibom are just the few roads in Uyo, the rest are 1 uncompleted hospital, 1 uncompleted stadium, 1 uncompleted airport, 1 uncompleted tropicana.

Still, Akwa Ibom has N60 billion debt with the largest budget in Nigeria and one of the smallest population.

Find another state to formulate your example baseless rubbish on..

Please STOP telling very stupid LIES trying to defend the senseless LOOTING of Lagosians by your boss and his godfather.
Re: Five South West Sates Owes 45% Of The Country's External Debt Stock by States. by tit(f): 1:00am On Aug 23, 2014
Atouke: Each time you see anyone from the south west tell him or her that they are each owing N8,480 courtesy of their borrowing governors.

Every citizen from the five states has a debt burden of N8,480 hanging on their neck courtesy of their state governors.

My brothers, this is a small amount.
Let us organize fund raiser to pay off this debt.
We can task ourselves 10,000 naira each.
I shall pay for two people.
I am sure Otedola and Adenuga can bring 1 billion naira again.
Let us raise the money and give to tinubu to pay off this debt
so we can have our clean name.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is TIN No And VAT No The Same? / Selling Price Of Catfish In Lagos? / Nnpc Cuts Production Cost To $23/barrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.