Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,232 members, 7,780,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:27 PM

Vibration Problem In Pathfinder - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vibration Problem In Pathfinder (2193 Views)

Troublesome Camry And Vibration / Honda Accord 2007 EXL - Slight Vibration When Accelerating From Slow Speed. / Vibration And Jerking Problem With Mazda Millenia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vibration Problem In Pathfinder by lukkie(m): 10:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hi Siena,
Please I need help in diagnosing this problem.
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE
Drivetrain: Part-time 4WD
Transmission: Automatic
Engine: 3.5l Nissan VQ35DE V6 Petrol Engine

Issue: After parking the car for few days, when I start the engine and put it in reverse/drive, the whole car starts vibrating strongly but it appears to be coming from the transfer control lever because i can see it shaking. But it reduces if I put it in P. It also reduces after driving the car for a few minutes, and then stops eventually.

I took it to my mechanics workshop and they changed the very old plugs and "serviced" the fuel line & transmission. It stopped for a few weeks but then started again. The problem happens about half of the time, and it's usually after parking the car for a few days. What could really be happening?

Another related issue is that when I put it in 4HI, it doesn't disengage easily afterwards. I have to push the lever forward, put the car in reverse and reverse for like 4 metres before it eventually disengages.
Re: Vibration Problem In Pathfinder by kingschild123(m): 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
Have your tires checked first, then your brake rotors or drums. Hope this helps.
Re: Vibration Problem In Pathfinder by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 24, 2014
I would be looking at transmission issues, in this order:

Get your transmission scanned for DTC's.

ATF level - top up as required.

ATF condition - drain, flush and refill, paying particular attention to ATF type. Use ONLY recommended fluid. And the ATF strainer MUST be replaced too. As this means removing the oil pan, a replacement gasket MUST be purchased. Not that rubbish "gum" Nigerian mechanics seem to favour.

If you get any DTC's from the transmission scan, don't allow your mechanic to clear them, or at least make a note of the codes first. This means you'll have to be present when your mechanic hooks up his / her equipment to your vehicle's OBD port. Hopefully the issues with your Nissan Pathfinder are minor ones that can be easily resolved.

Good luck!
Re: Vibration Problem In Pathfinder by lukkie(m): 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
Siena,

Sorry it took a while before giving you an update. So we scanned the car again and found no problem. And when i checked my records again, i realised that the ATF & strainer had been replaced around July.

So i described the problem to my trusted mechanic again. He went to check all the ignition coils and lo, one of them was not working. He replaced it and the car had been fantastic since.

Thanks a lot
Re: Vibration Problem In Pathfinder by lukkie(m): 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hi Siena

I have a problem with the same car above. I observed a leakage from underneath the engine. Difficult to get good pictures but can you help pinpoint where the leakage is coming from? The oil drops from the point circled in the first picture. It's a very slow leak but i'd like to fix it before it leads to a bigger problem.

Thanks

Re: Vibration Problem In Pathfinder by ifnyioj22(m): 6:13am On Dec 01, 2015
Hi siena pls where can i buy SP 111 atf for mitsubishi endeavour? I want to drain the oil,how many litres will it consume?
Re: Vibration Problem In Pathfinder by mayor2013: 7:14am On Dec 01, 2015
ifnyioj22:
Hi siena pls where can i buy SP 111 atf for mitsubishi endeavour? I want to drain the oil,how many litres will it consume?

If you need sp111 for your mitsibushi call 08156087872 or 08165520837, you would be needing 8 quartz

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Know A Good Tyre / 6-Wheel Devel Sixty Monster SUV Smokes Mercedes-AMG GT Sports Car In Drag Race / Mobil 1 extended performance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.