Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,428 members, 7,800,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Nysc Camp Court - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Camp Court (1145 Views)

What Are These Pregnant Women Doing In NYSC Camp(pic) / Can Anyone In NYSC Camp Confirm The Payment Of N38,900 Alawee? / A Married Woman Is Dying 2 Date Me At Nysc Camp! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Camp Court by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 22, 2014
Reporting from ONDO STATE Orientation camp in Ikare Akoko.
Today, I witnessed what it is to be in a camp court. The camp court is made up of the chairman, in the person of the Camp Director, the head of the Nigerian Army i.e the Camp Commandant, the head of the Man O War, the head of the Nigerian Police and 2 platoon leaders. Apart from the Camp Director, who is the Judge, the rest are prosecuting committee except the two platoon leaders.
The court is also made up of the defense counsel, in the person of a corper lawyer serving in the state. The lawyer will plead on behalf of the accused so as to reduce or remove the normal sentence to be meted on the accused corper.
Before the court proceedings will take place, the state coordinator will swear-in the above members. The two platoon leaders are the secretaries of the camp court.
Court proceedings is always done with the prosecuting committee asking the accused person(s) the necessary to questions to ascertain what happened and later ask if the accused is guilty of the allegations on him/her.
Before any judgment is passed on the accused, the defense counsel will plead on his behalf so as to lessen the punishment to be meted on the accused. For the number of persons that commit an offence, you will have thesame number of corp lawyers in the defense council. But in a case where the number of Lawyers serving in the state are fewer than the number of accused, a Defense Lawyer will defend 2 or more of the accused.
After all and sundry, the punishment is always lessened according to the efficiency of the defense counsel.
I really enjoyed the Camp Court today because it was enlightening and funny.

I want to ask, have you witnessed a camp court before? If you have, share your experience.

1 Like

Re: Nysc Camp Court by djsaintboss(m): 12:18am On Aug 23, 2014
I knew of a situation whereby nobody agreed to represent/defend d accused...........Cos d lawyers aint good
Re: Nysc Camp Court by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 23, 2014
djsaintboss: I knew of a situation whereby nobody agreed to represent/defend d accused...........Cos d lawyers aint good
That's not cool. What did they learn in their 5years in the university, talkless of Law School? The Lawyer that represented the accused persons last night was very good. He really tried. He saved the corpers from being sent out of the orientation camp and service.

(1) (Reply)

Female Youth Corp Member Decamped For Slapping A Male Corp Member...pic Inside.. / Naij.com Latest Info On Nysc Batch A Stream 2 / NYSC 2017 Batch A Online Registration Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.