Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,988 members, 7,799,390 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Firstbank internet banking lapses - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Firstbank internet banking lapses (3645 Views)

Do Banks Charge Money For Internet Banking And Transfers / Firstbank Of Nigeria Begins Mass Dismisal Of Employees / Please How Much Does Firstbank Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firstbank internet banking lapses by kinsound: 12:15am On Aug 23, 2014
for over one month now i have been trying to get on the first online platform, so as to be able to hook up my account with paypal. after tree weeks of frustrating excuses i have been enduring from first contact lines and the customer care desk at the branch i finally got my id and temporal password sent to my email 2 days ago, which i used to log into the site and did all the necessary setting up. but up till the moment of writing this i haven't been able to do anything online as i always get the error SYSTEM UNAVAILABLE: The system is unavailable or returned an unrecognized response. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience. or : USER WAS NOT FOUND AND CANNOT BE USED FOR AUTHENTICATION. at first i thought it was a temporal issue but now i know better. and i have also sins requested for my naira master card's secure code to no reply. i have visited the branch countless times, called first contact countless times, its the same old stupid excuse every time. and to think i get charged generously every time listening to voice-mails and waiting for an attendant gets me sick to my tummy.
Re: Firstbank internet banking lapses by oieda: 12:54am On Aug 23, 2014
Okay.

1. IMMEDIATELY, remove those numbers on your post after 'user'. I believe that is your token code. If someone gets it you can be compromised if the person wants to follow it up.

2. Did you synchronise your token with you account? Seems you haven't

3. Do you even have a token?
Re: Firstbank internet banking lapses by Galads(m): 6:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
oieda: Okay.

1. IMMEDIATELY, remove those numbers on your post after 'user'. I believe that is your token code. If someone gets it you can be compromised if the person wants to follow it up.

pls do u know if a token expires?
Re: Firstbank internet banking lapses by dustmalik: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
oieda: Okay.

You are wrong. That specific error actually suggest the OP doesn't have a token linked to his account. I know this because i experienced the same a few weeks back after I signed up for first online. What I did was to go to one of their branch and got a token for 2100 naira, then got it linked to my account. The error was gone 4 hours after getting the Token. But till today, I still can't access the PayPal tab on my account, even though i have a naira Mastercard, which is a prerequisite to access it. I have called them and made complain severally, all to no avail. They even asked me to take a screenshot of the error and email it to them, which I did, and subsequently replied me, telling me that they have escalated my issue to the appropriate unit. As i write this message, the Issue hasn't been resolved. Honestly, I'm tired of First bank and their issues.
Re: Firstbank internet banking lapses by kinsound: 12:03am On Aug 24, 2014
oieda: .
the synchronize token link doesn't even work

dustmalik:

You are wrong. That specific error actually suggest the OP doesn't have a token linked to his account. .
ok... so why is it that they at the customer care don't know all this? cuss i clearly related this problem to their customer care desk as well as their customer care line. they seemed to have no clue whatsoever as to what the problem was or how to resolve it. is their paypal portal functional?, has anyone ever successfully used it?, has anyone really tried using any of their cards for web purchases? or are they just scams
Re: Firstbank internet banking lapses by tundebj(m): 4:23am On Sep 01, 2014
hope i neva enter one chance?
Re: Firstbank internet banking lapses by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 01, 2014
I have actually used their card once for online transaction(int. store). Just once. After that it doesn't seem to work. I even tried to link it with PayPal, didn't work. As for their internet banking. I gave up on that one a long time ago. I have not even logged in before. I complained. And I'm always told to do a password reset. But I never get the mail with the new password. They've done it from their branch also. Doesn't work. Then I said ok. Since I can't use the online banking. They should hook me up with firstmonie. Same issue. Till today I can't login. I don complain tire. Only one solution left. I went to a branch and transferred my money to GTbank. Shikena.
Re: Firstbank internet banking lapses by johnawf: 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2014
i am going trow this , please any help ,System Unavailable
The system is unavailable or returned an unrecognized response. Please try again later. We
apologize for any inconvenience. token linked, just cant go on my paypal plat form.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Firstbank internet banking lapses by dustmalik: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
johnawf:
i am going trow this , please any help ,System Unavailable
The system is unavailable or returned an unrecognized response. Please try again later. We
apologize for any inconvenience. token linked, just cant go on my paypal plat form.[color=#990000][/color]

I had that exact issue. What I did was to take a screenshot of the PayPal error page, then sent it together with my username to firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com. Also, explain the issue properly in the body of the email, and call them afterwards to inform them that you sent such email to them. It took them two weeks to resolve it, in my case. Yours could take less.
Re: Firstbank internet banking lapses by ladymichael: 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
when it comes to e banking fbn is really terrible at it. gtb is still the best. either way, its a strong bank but poor services
Re: Firstbank internet banking lapses by Galads(m): 8:06am On Oct 17, 2014
Funny enough I use FBN e banking platform for all my transactions and it has never disappointed me.mayb am just lucky

(1) (Reply)

All About The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Six(6)months Training Exercise / Best Career Advice Ever / Save Ex-cadets Of Man Oron From Jobless After Trainning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.