Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. (3041 Views)

Very Romantic (pix) / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. / Very Romantic Text Messages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by m124(f): 12:49am On Aug 23, 2014
I'm 17 and me and bf really love each other. We don't see each other every day but we do every second week or so this is coz we live quite far from.each otherand if we do want to meet then iI have to take a day off clg and him from.work which sometimes quote hard.we've now been together for 6 months.
The only problem there is is that I'm the sort of girl who has watched too many lovey dovey romantic movies wink, so I want him to u know like have a romantic convo with me and stuff and romantic stuff to me which he doesn't its always he who has to say that stuff which isn't as enjoyable of u don't get anything similar back is it?
Whevery I ask him to talk romanticly he's like how and what shall I say so in other words he is not romantic at all. But whenever we meet we talk a bit and then he comes in for a kiss and hugs me and then the rest is just best kept quiet wink.
Any suggestions on what I can do?
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by m124(f): 12:49am On Aug 23, 2014
m124: I'm 17 and me and bf really love each other. We don't see each other every day but we do every second week or so this is coz we live quite far from.each otherand if we do want to meet then iI have to take a day off clg and him from.work which sometimes quote hard.we've now been together for 6 months.
The only problem there is is that I'm the sort of girl who has watched too many lovey dovey romantic movies wink, so I want him to u know like have a romantic convo with me and stuff and romantic stuff to me which he doesn't its always he who has to say that stuff which isn't as enjoyable of u don't get anything similar back is it?
Whevery I ask him to talk romanticly he's like how and what shall I say so in other words he is not romantic at all. But whenever we meet we talk a bit and then he comes in for a kiss and hugs me and then the rest is just best kept quiet wink.
But we do text each other nearly every day though mostly at night.x
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by Ilovenigeria(f): 12:51am On Aug 23, 2014
Dumb him
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by m124(f): 12:55am On Aug 23, 2014
Ilovenigeria: Dumb him
What!!
How we love each other. I just wanted some advice onhow i can get him to start talking to me.in that way.
He's pretty sure that our relationship will go a loong way I can't dump him.

Any other advice? Anyone??
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by m124(f): 12:56am On Aug 23, 2014
m124:
What!!
How we love each other. I just wanted some advice onhow i can get him to start talking to me.in that way.

And what exactly makes u say dump him
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by redcliff: 1:06am On Aug 23, 2014
m124:

And what exactly makes u say dump him

Sorry she/he meant to say dumb you..
Dont believe everything you see in movies..95%of them are fake.. if you have lived abroad you know what i mean.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by Ilovenigeria(f): 1:07am On Aug 23, 2014
m124:
What!!

Sorry I read only the title. Let me go finish up.
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by Ilovenigeria(f): 1:08am On Aug 23, 2014
redcliff:

Dont believe everything you see in movies..95%of them are fake.. if you have lived abroad you know what i mean.
Thank you.
op stop watching romantic films.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by priscaoge(f): 1:09am On Aug 23, 2014
PORT undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by m124(f): 1:10am On Aug 23, 2014
redcliff:

I know they're fake I don't really believe any of it all I'mtrying to say is that he should at least sometimes talk to me in a loving way just like any other bf wud do with their gf..and by the way I'm from England
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by Eyop: 1:12am On Aug 23, 2014
priscaoge: PORT undecided
Prisca you sef dey advice underage to port? Hmmmm...instead of make person face her studies u say make she port,port to where Choiii...hope no dey for us Bachelors again but god dey sha.
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by redcliff: 1:16am On Aug 23, 2014
m124:

I know they're fake I don't really believe any of it all I'mtrying to say is that he should at least sometimes talk to me in a loving way just like any other bf wud do with their gf..and by the way I'm from England
Ok english girl. How many english boyz talk to their gf romantically.. shebi you have friends.. ask them how their bfs talk grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by m124(f): 1:22am On Aug 23, 2014
redcliff:
Ok english girl. How many english boyz talk to their gf romantically.. shebi you have friends.. ask them how their bfs talk grin

Haha. True
I'm asian born in England
I need to come to earth lol.wink
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by priscaoge(f): 1:22am On Aug 23, 2014
Eyop:
Prisca you sef dey advice underage (ADULT) to port? Hmmmm...instead of make person face her studies (BOYFRIEND) u say make she port,port to where Choiii...hope no dey for us Bachelors again but god dey sha.
Fixed undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by redcliff: 1:42am On Aug 23, 2014
m124:

Haha. True
I'm asian born in England
I need to come to earth lol.wink

No o. Dont come..stay up in space. One alien sujorning might just be the answer to your wishes
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by redcliff: 1:44am On Aug 23, 2014
All these ugly girls on nairaland coming here giving detty advices. Smh*
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by m124(f): 1:49am On Aug 23, 2014
redcliff: All these ugly girls on nairaland coming here giving detty advices. Smh*

Oh well I just wanted some decent advice that's all..
smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by evanscheck(m): 2:02am On Aug 23, 2014
You are 17 years old, and wat u are thinking is how ur boyfriend wud be more romantic. Seriously . I an really disappointed in u. U need to be kidnapped among those chibok gals. Gal go and read ur book and pass ur waec if u have passed. Look for how to enter university. And if u have entered think of romantic ways to make first class. Dats my advice.

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by Prowizy2(m): 2:07am On Aug 23, 2014
evanscheck: You are 17 years old, and wat u are thinking is how ur boyfriend wud be more romantic. Seriously . I an really disappointed in u. U need to be kidnapped among those chibok gals. Gal go and read ur book and pass ur waec if u have passed. Look for how to enter university. And if u have entered think of romantic ways to make first class. Dats my advice.

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 23, 2014
There is nothing wrong in desiring romance in your life however your boyfriend I am sure is as young as you are and you are both learning who you are and how to be. Don't believe all those hollywood movies and try to mold your life after them. Its easy to be very romantic in a two hour movie. smiley

Encourage your boyfriend to be the best man he can be and as he grows older I believe he will acquire romantic skills. I hope you don't think sex is romance because it isn't I don't mean to teach you how to live your life but your body should be off limits to this boy you are not any boy or man' practice girl.

Being this young is a great time in your life don't put too much energy or focus in a romantic relationship. Direct your energy and focus to yourself - your mind, studies and emotions. When you are the best of yourself true love and romance will find you one fine day.

And if it's this young man that is to be your true love he will appreciate that you put good work into yourself to be the best woman possible for him.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by jnrbayano(m): 8:14am On Aug 23, 2014
I can't believe this. At 17 years of age? As in, born in 1997? The age of my little niece? shocked

*with an unprecidented speed of a jet plane, runs out of thread*
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by naijaboiy: 8:21am On Aug 23, 2014
I don't even know what to say undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by hadizadeezy(f): 8:23am On Aug 23, 2014
jnrbayano: I can't believe this. At 17 years of age? As in, born in 1997? The age of my little niece? shocked

*with an unprecidented speed of a jet plane, runs out of thread*
my tiny ribs oo! can't stop laffing
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by hadizadeezy(f): 8:25am On Aug 23, 2014
m124: I'm 17 and me and bf really love each other. We don't see each other every day but we do every second week or so this is coz we live quite far from.each otherand if we do want to meet then iI have to take a day off clg and him from.work which sometimes quote hard.we've now been together for 6 months.
are you sure you are clicking the right buttons on him?
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by hadizadeezy(f): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2014
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by alotofgrace(m): 8:43am On Aug 23, 2014
then installed a romantic app from google play on his OS
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2014
grin u're just 17 seeking romantic advice?? Hmm, wetin man neva take eye see 4 dis country grin
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by JuicyGee(f): 9:25am On Aug 23, 2014
Most of these guys are not romantic o... besides, watching of all this telemudo nd the rest makes we ladies expect too much from a relationship, which is bad. I've complained of my bf not being romantic too, I just think we expect way too much.. Sadly, This is real life not the movies. embarassed Manage. Lol, there is no perfect bf anywhere

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by afobam(m): 9:47am On Aug 23, 2014
The grammer of the op tho embarassed
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by Waspy(m): 10:16am On Aug 23, 2014
afobam: The grammer of the op tho embarassed
Don't go there...She's Asian born in the England and flexing on Naira land. undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by ivyy(f): 11:29am On Aug 23, 2014
Waspy: Don't go there...She's Asian born in the England and flexing on Naira land. undecided

And so undecided
Who asked you tongue
Shiooor

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Is So Not Very Romantic. by holar2ge(m): 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
Mehn u re so pretty....I dont mind hooking up to u..No time to check time
ivyy:

And so undecided
Who asked you tongue
Shiooor

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Spot A Wife Material / On Girls Paying Their Own Bride Price / TIME TO TALK (ladies And Gentlemen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.