Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev (14805 Views)

NMA On Assualt/attack Of Doctors At Their Duty Post / I Approved N1.9bn For Ebola Alone, Jonathan Insists. No, You Didn't - Chukwu / The Ebola Isolation Centre In Kuje, Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by MDCEO1: 4:04am On Aug 24, 2014
Amya: I'm sure the doctors in the isolation ward are their swallowing spittles waiting for the 1.9billion that will change their life forever. I'm sure they've divided it amongst themselves even.

If the FG allocated N1.9billion to fight the scourge, does that in anyway imply the lump sum given to the doctors at the isolation unit? The people their are infected already and what they need is food and drugs to heal them which I'm sure even Lagos state can provide. But I'm sure the ministry has started sending something. Maybe smaller than they expected.

The money is therefore for the prevention of Ebola and curtailing it and that has absolutely nothing to do with the doctors at the isolation ward.

I see greed in those doctors eyes.

Madam, the degree of retardation in this post really makes me wonder if some people's IQs are not truly less than that of ancient prehistoric apes.
Where exactly in the original post did you see the doctors asking for 1.9billion naira or asking to share the N1.9bn money among themselves?

They are saying the funds from Federal Government has not arrived at the isolation centres to provide basic amenities for the patients and you are here running your mouth spewing fermented trash.

I'm sorry, i dont typically insult people online, neither do I comment frequently here, but the sheer idiocy of your post pushed me to reply even in the dead of midnight.

That is an EBOLA isolation centre for crying out loud! They are managing very ill people who are also veeery very infectious, so they need funds for both medications, standard equipment for various laboratory tests and investigations, and even basic things like power and water. I'm sure even things like bedding materials, consumables would have to be replaced often as they are being consumed (or would you like to be the one washing an ebola patient's soiled bedsheets? They have to be discarded and replaced). Did u even see or read about the American isolation centre where the US doctors were taken? They need lots of things to improve the patient's chances of survival as much as possible.

Some of these things has been provided by the Lagos state government so far, but it isnt enough to meet the standards of what a proper isolation centre for a disease with this kind of severity and virulence should have, hence they are stating that the funds FG has been mouthing about on media is yet to reach them to even provide some of these needed things.
And someone is here spewing trash about people clearing their throats to chop money.

It pains me because I happen to personally know people (doctors) who are actually working there caring for the sick patients, and there are many things that still need to be provided to provide optimal care for these patients.

Please, if you really do not know much about a topic, its better to keep quiet and be presumed to be a regular person, than to open your mouth and show yourself a re*tard.
As my lecturer in school used to say, "it is better to keep quiet and be considered a fool, than to open your mouth and CONFIRM IT".
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by afrodoc(m): 5:42am On Aug 24, 2014
MDCEO1:

Madam, the degree of retardation in this post really makes me wonder if some people's IQs are not truly less than that of ancient prehistoric apes.
Where exactly in the original post did you see the doctors asking for 1.9billion naira or asking to share the N1.9bn money among themselves?

They are saying the funds from Federal Government has not arrived at the isolation centres to provide basic amenities for the patients and you are here running your mouth spewing fermented trash.

I'm sorry, i dont typically insult people online, neither do I comment frequently here, but the sheer idiocy of your post pushed me to reply even in the dead of midnight.

That is an EBOLA isolation centre for crying out loud! They are managing very ill people who are also veeery very infectious, so they need funds for both medications, standard equipment for various laboratory tests and investigations, and even basic things like power and water. I'm sure even things like bedding materials, consumables would have to be replaced often as they are being consumed (or would you like to be the one washing an ebola patient's soiled bedsheets? They have to be discarded and replaced). Did u even see or read about the American isolation centre where the US doctors were taken? They need lots of things to improve the patient's chances of survival as much as possible.

Some of these things has been provided by the Lagos state government so far, but it isnt enough to meet the standards of what a proper isolation centre for a disease with this kind of severity and virulence should have, hence they are stating that the funds FG has been mouthing about on media is yet to reach them to even provide some of these needed things.
And someone is here spewing trash about people clearing their throats to chop money.

It pains me because I happen to personally know people (doctors) who are actually working there caring for the sick patients, and there are many things that still need to be provided to provide optimal care for these patients.

Please, if you really do not know much about a topic, its better to keep quiet and be presumed to be a regular person, than to open your mouth and show yourself a re*tard.
As my lecturer in school used to say, "it is better to keep quiet and be considered a fool, than to open your mouth and CONFIRM IT".
Thanks.

That is why i was trying to explain the issues to her.
I believe Nigerians are smarter than we present ourselves to be on NL. The problem is that we allow our emotions and our prejudices to cloud our reasoning and judgement. She obviously dislikes doctors maybe because of the strike situation and therefore she has subsequently minimized any debate involving doctors to "doctors are greedy and bad,so they are always wrong" RATHER than trying to understand this particular situation and reasoning rationally

2 Likes

Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Onegai(f): 6:27am On Aug 24, 2014
MDCEO1:

Thanks.

Please tell them. This particular NLer has been attacking doctors over this ebola outbreak, no matter what we say. And all the very best to your friends at the IDF. We're praying for them to stay safe.

1 Like

Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Amya(f): 8:25am On Aug 24, 2014
MDCEO1:

Thanks.

And somehow you're very sure, absolutely sure that they haven't provided with the basic amenities because a newspaper article says so. The point I was simply trying to say is this, just for the fact that a huge sum have been mentioned as funds to fight ebola, whatever is given (whether reasonable) will apparently not be enough just for the simple fact that 1.9billion has been mentioned.

My reply wasn't particularly to the article, but to the psychology behind the doctors complaint in the first place. No matter how sincere an article sounds, it doesn't necessary mean the truth. In the main article, some of the doctors claimed what they've been using is there own funds for the treatment and management of ebola. Can you believe that? We just have 1 Ebola center active with patients in the entire country so you know. They are well taken care of by both the state and the federal government, by like Oliver, they want some more.

P.s. . Yes Ebola is a very sensitive issue, and to get a national outrage , you just have to say things like those stated in the original article, but I think the government are doing a lot in trying to curb the menace, sentiments aside.
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Amya(f): 8:26am On Aug 24, 2014
Onegai:

Please tell them. This particular NLer has been attacking doctors over this ebola outbreak, no matter what we say. And all the very best to your friends at the IDF. We're praying for them to stay safe.

I haven't been attacking doctors. Thank you!
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Amya(f): 8:29am On Aug 24, 2014
afrodoc:

That is why i was trying to explain the issues to her.
I believe Nigerians are smarter than we present ourselves to be on NL. The problem is that we allow our emotions and our prejudices to cloud our reasoning and judgement. She obviously dislikes doctors maybe because of the strike situation and therefore she has subsequently minimized any debate involving doctors to "doctors are greedy and bad,so they are always wrong" RATHER than trying to understand this particular situation and reasoning rationally

So are you trying to say we don't have corrupt and greedy doctors out there?
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by ezendiezetony: 9:53am On Aug 24, 2014
My dear doctors pls calm down the actual funds wld be released to u after 2015 election, the one released now is just a clone thanks biafra reporters grin.
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Azijo: 11:45am On Aug 24, 2014
Jaideyone: thank God for the proactive governor of Lagos state...

we absolutely can't rely on the FG. it will take 8months for the fresh air money travelling to Lagos from Abuja at the speed of 100meters per day to get to Lagos.

if you doubt me ask the FG students in Russia cheesy
Guy you just cracked my ribs.....Na so o o!
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by farem: 3:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
philips70: The money has been released for long. Check Channels TV now and you will see it working in the lives of millions of Ebola victims of Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria TAN in Ibadan stadium. Doctors on duty there are Dr Bode George, Dr Kashamu Buruji, Dr Ebenezer Babatope and Dr Ayo Fayose.
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by afrodoc(m): 4:08pm On Aug 24, 2014
Amya:

So are you trying to say we don't have corrupt and greedy doctors out there?

Like i said you are getting issues mixed up. The debate here is not whether doctors are greedy or not, it is that reports are saying the isolation facility is not well equipped or funded. The relatives of the patients said the same thing last week after visiting and now this is being corroborated by the people working there themselves. Instead of tackling the issue that is being highlighted you have changed the debate to "doctors are greedy"........the question is how equipped is the facility? and what is the quality of the infrastructure there?
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by jpphilips(m): 7:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
Amya:

And somehow you're very sure, absolutely sure that they haven't provided with the basic amenities because a newspaper article says so. The point I was simply trying to say is this, just for the fact that a huge sum have been mentioned as funds to fight ebola, whatever is given (whether reasonable) will apparently not be enough just for the simple fact that 1.9billion has been mentioned.

My reply wasn't particularly to the article, but to the psychology behind the doctors complaint in the first place. No matter how sincere an article sounds, it doesn't necessary mean the truth. In the main article, some of the doctors claimed what they've been using is there own funds for the treatment and management of ebola. Can you believe that? We just have 1 Ebola center active with patients in the entire country so you know. They are well taken care of by both the state and the federal government, by like Oliver, they want some more.

P.s. . Yes Ebola is a very sensitive issue, and to get a national outrage , you just have to say things like those stated in the original article, but I think the government are doing a lot in trying to curb the menace, sentiments aside.

Expressing foolishness with pride, a woman who is a fool is excusable considering the temperature her brain cells are subjected to during her hair make overs, what should be worrisome is when she has sworn to remain a ret@rd for personal reasons.

The WHO medical rep sent from the US said on Aljazeera that he has bought supplies on several occasions from his pocket, the centre I saw does not look like a place where 1.9b passed through.

Instead of swimming in buffoonery, why dont you go and see things for yourself, people are lending their voice not out of joblessness but because it could have been anyone.

Integrity is when you can stand up for the right thing even if you are sleeping with the Minister.

The escape of justina proves the absence of security in that centre, how long will it take before hoodlums break in to loot infected supplies like the case in Liberia? further endangering the populace.
I hope you are aware her Enugu fiancee is down with the virus.

people like you die mysteriously because you lack humanities, anyone who has your kinda mindset does not deserve to live.
Life is for those who value it.

1 Like

Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Amya(f): 7:57pm On Aug 24, 2014
jpphilips:

Expressing foolishness with pride, a woman who is a fool is excusable considering the temperature her brain cells are subjected to during her hair make overs, what should be worrisome is when she has sworn to remain a ret@rd for personal reasons.

The WHO medical rep sent from the US said on Aljazeera that he has bought supplies on several occasions from his pocket, the centre I saw does not look like a place where 1.9b passed through.

Instead of swimming in buffoonery, why dont you go and see things for yourself, people are lending their voice not out of joblessness but because it could have been anyone.

Integrity is when you can stand up for the right thing even if you are sleeping with the Minister.

The escape of justina proves the absence of security in that centre, how long will it take before hoodlums break in to loot infected supplies like the case in Liberia? further endangering the populace.
I hope you are aware her Enugu fiancee is down with the virus.

people like you die mysteriously because you lack humanities, anyone who has your kinda mindset does not deserve to live.

You shouldn't call me a fool because you want to make your point. That's really low.
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Amya(f): 8:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
Amya:

You shouldn't call me a fool because you want to make your point. That's really low.

I really don't care if anyone sees my side of the argument, just make your own point and go. It's not personal. Saying I'm a fool who will die is simply just wrong.
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Amya(f): 8:09pm On Aug 24, 2014
jpphilips:

And you my dear friend will get to live forever?
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by jpphilips(m): 10:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
Amya:

he that is down fears no fall, you are a low life already, f00l is an understatement.
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Amya(f): 6:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
jpphilips:

he that is down fears no fall, you are a low life already, f00l is an understatement.

Wow. Funny though I won't sink low to your level to start trading words with you. Get more creative. You're still doing the kindergarten kinda insult. lol.
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Amya(f): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
jpphilips:

All these tout having internet access these days! I wouldn't believe you're a day over 16, because you talk without manners like a badly trained child. hurling insults over forums as what now? Grow up already. Anuofia!
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by jpphilips(m): 2:01am On Sep 25, 2014
Amya:

I am not making any point, I am pointing out the foolishness in your opinion, you either change or kill yourself, we have a lot of trolls in Nigeria already.
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Amya(f): 7:51am On Sep 25, 2014
jpphilips:

I am not making any point, I am pointing out the foolishness in your opinion, you either change or kill yourself, we have a lot of trolls in Nigeria already.

I really want to believe you're a matured human being with complete faculties, but you are not helping me here. If you really are then you'd carry yourself with respect both offline and online. Spewing insults at anyone who does not see your point of view brings you even lower than any insults you throw at people.

Funny your reply is coming at a time when the Ebola issue has been laid to rest. And it all happened just as I said it would. Aren't you just ashamed of yourself!
Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by Ebchon: 8:07am On Sep 25, 2014
abu12: http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/21/doctors-ebola-isolation-center-lagos-say-n19bn-promised-fg-was-never-received

"Chukwu is grossly misinforming the public," the source said.

Countering reports from both the Federal Government and the Ministry of Health in Nigeria claiming almost N1.9bn in funding was released to fight the Ebola virus, doctors working at the isolation center at the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH) in Yaba, Lagos, say that they have yet to receive any financial support, and as conditions there deterioriate, so does staff morale.

HAHAHHA YOUR DOCTORS CAN NOT STOP US, WE ARE ONE WITH OUR DARK GODDESS!

THANK YOU EBOLA CHAN!
THANK YOU EBOLA CHAN!
THANK YOU EBOLA CHAN!

Re: Doctors At Ebola Isolation Center In Lagos Say N1.9bn Promised By The FG Was Nev by jpphilips(m): 2:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
Amya:

Nope, I should alert people that a fool is in our midst, that is my civic duty right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zobo Drink Was Brought In Instead Of Blood At Hospital? (photos) / What Is This On My Dick / Woman Swallows Tapeworm To Lose Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.