Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:36 PM

President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany (1890 Views)

President Buhari Travels To Germany With Fashola, Dambazau / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald / President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by kachy: 8:20am On Aug 23, 2014
Contrary to official claims that President Goodluck Jonathan travelled to Germany on a private visit, LEADERSHIP authoritatively gathered yesterday that the president actually took ill and left for Germany to seek medical care.

Efforts to get a confirmation from the Presidency failed up until the time of going to press, as several calls to his spokesman, Dr Reuben Abati, did not go through and he didn’t respond to an email enquiry either.

Similarly, the senior special assistant to the president on public affairs, Dr Doyin Okupe, did not pick or return several calls to his mobile number last night.

President Jonathan left for Germany yesterday after performing the closing ceremony of the National Conference on Thursday.

Prior to his departure, presidential spokesman Abati had issued a terse statement saying the president would be making a private visit to Germany as from Friday (yesterday)and would be accompanied by some of his principal aides.

It was gathered that the president, on arrival in Germany, headed for a private hospital for medical check-up.

It could not however be confirmed if he went to the same hospital he had visited with his wife last year when the first lady faced some health challenges.

Before his sudden departure for Germany on Thursday, President Jonathan was billed to host members of the just-concluded National Conference to a dinner at the Presidential Villa, but the programme was cancelled at the dying minute.

Although no official reason was given for the cancellation, it was gathered that the development was connected with the president’s state of health which required urgent attention.

An authoritative source in the Presidency told LEADERSHIP that despite assurances that the president would return soon from his trip, it was not likely as his health situation was not too good. He said there was uneasy calm and anxiety in the Presidential Villa yesterday over the state of health of the president.

Meanwhile, the situation has also elicited concern from prominent Ijaw (President Jonathan’s ethnic group) political leaders, some of whom converged on the home of a prominent elder statesman from the ethnic group in Abuja to deliberate on the matter. A source privy to the meeting hinted that the Ijaw sons were considering sending a delegation to visit the president.

The source said before the meeting ended, it was agreed that clearance would be obtained from the Presidential Villa on whether the president is in a state to receive visitors before it would be decided on who would visit him.

Some people had speculated about Mr Jonathan’s health just before his trip to Washington, DC, United States, where he attended the 2014 US-Africa Summit early this month.

http://leadership.ng/news/381803/jonathan-ill-flown-germany
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by RoyalRoy(m): 8:35am On Aug 23, 2014
Get well soon President!!!

I pray this won't be a repeat of the "Aso-Rock Curse"

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by PassingShot(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2014
So he can't be treated in Nigeria. Shameless leaders seeking medical treatment for the simplest of simplest ailments.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by tobillionaire(m): 8:52am On Aug 23, 2014
It is well.... Buh y not treted here, is d illness that crucial that our doctors here cant tackle it? Just lavishing money unnecessarily
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 23, 2014
I pray he die a painful death!
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by atikubaba(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2014
Usbeel: I pray he die a painful death!
Though I'm not GEJ fan ,but its not good to wish a fellow human being a painful death because we are going to die but we don't know HOW .

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2014
undecided
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:04am On Aug 23, 2014
Well, I dnt hope he dies. But if he does, I wld av gladly wrote RIP if not that sambo will be a joke of a president undecided
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by sugarboimaxy(m): 9:07am On Aug 23, 2014
EBOLA Alert, Mr president! But God forbid sha
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by kokoA(m): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2014
Be nice bro.. Be careful what you wish for.. Abi you no know say na Sambo go climb chair if your wish come true? I wish the president quick recovery.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by GeneralBadman: 9:11am On Aug 23, 2014
Get Well Soon My President.

God Protect GEJ Oooooooo

Nothing Must Happen To Him Ooooooo

Meanwhile............Jonathan till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by wirelessssss(m): 9:15am On Aug 23, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by kel4soft: 9:21am On Aug 23, 2014
Get well Mr. President.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by 9ja4Change(m): 9:26am On Aug 23, 2014
This reminds me of the days of Abacha's rule, whereby he was bent on holding in to power by all means, but God Almighty intervened and solved the problem for Nigeria amicable. I see the hand of God at work again. All brouhaha for 2015 whereby a certain section of the country are threatening the existence of the whole country simply because they are ruling will be dealt with by God almighty, ameen
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by Agbalanze(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2014
D same 2 u! tongue

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by darlingtonNYIG(m): 9:36am On Aug 23, 2014
what a deluded fellow. I also wish you and your family such prayers. Amen

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by Guykhena(m): 9:39am On Aug 23, 2014
When he sacked all active Doctors from 9Ja,now he left his doings to Germany..smh.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by nigerianvenom(m): 9:47am On Aug 23, 2014

u see what hatred has made u be?
whats d difference between u and boko haram members?
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 23, 2014
Heard this man has a heart condition because of his drinking habit. Could be a rumour.. anyway get well soon.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by nigerianvenom(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2014
9ja4Change: This reminds me of the days of Abacha's rule, whereby he was bent on holding in to power by all means, but God Almighty intervened and solved the problem for Nigeria amicable. I see the hand of God at work again. All brouhaha for 2015 whereby a certain section of the country are threatening the existence of the whole country simply because they are ruling will be dealt with by God almighty, ameen

is he ruling the country illegally like ur abacha?
what sort of comparism is this?
is he not entitle to 2 terms of governance?
why are a few of u so stup1d?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by texazzpete(m): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2014
nigerianvenom:

u see what hatred has made u be?
whats d difference between u and boko haram members?

While I agree that his statement was in very poor taste, you're being hypocritical here. On Aug 21, YOU made this statement to a fellow Nairalander

"you will die of Constipation for akpabio's sake"

Hypocrisy grin

Edit: Dude, you've made 155 posts in 3 days! That's got to be a record. WTF?!
A good portion of those are praising akpabio, running down APC and colluding with the likes of Sincere9igerian. You a professional propagandist?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by nigerianvenom(m): 9:57am On Aug 23, 2014
sandijey: Heard this man has a heart condition because of his drinking habit. Could be a rumour.. anyway get well soon.

u have started.hope u will be able to cope with d lashes
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by BRAVO0(m): 10:02am On Aug 23, 2014
Were you paid for all this ?

nigerianvenom:

u have started.hope u will be able to cope with d lashes

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by akumada1: 10:07am On Aug 23, 2014
Ur fellow human being oo nt animal. Hmm
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by goldfish80(m): 10:15am On Aug 23, 2014
sandijey: Heard this man has a heart condition because of his drinking habit. Could be a rumour.. anyway get well soon.
Rumours have already started flying? If he has drinking problems shouldn't it be his kidneys affected and not his heart?
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by nigerianvenom(m): 10:21am On Aug 23, 2014
BRAVO0: Were you paid for all this ?

why dont u let me rest bro bravoo the champion
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by nigerianvenom(m): 10:26am On Aug 23, 2014
texazzpete:

While I agree that his statement was in very poor taste, you're being hypocritical here. On Aug 21, YOU made this statement to a fellow Nairalander

"you will die of Constipation for akpabio's sake"
Hypocrisy grin
Edit: Dude, you've made 155 posts in 3 days! That's got to be a record. WTF?!
A good portion of those are praising akpabio, running down APC and colluding with the likes of Sincere9igerian. You a professional propagandist?

no matter my hate for u or anyone,it will make me wish u dead,not at all.u guys are playing politics of bitteness and self hate
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by waternogetenemy: 10:28am On Aug 23, 2014
9ja4Change: This reminds me of the days of Abacha's rule, whereby he was bent on holding in to power by all means, but God Almighty intervened and solved the problem for Nigeria amicable. I see the hand of God at work again. All brouhaha for 2015 whereby a certain section of the country are threatening the existence of the whole country simply because they are ruling will be dealt with by God almighty, ameen

GEJ or (COAS) Lt. Gen. K. Minimah MAKE UR PICK... Get well soon Mr President.

Some of u APC thieves have been calling the Army to take Gov, be careful wat u wish for...

Before u quote me just check out the like...666, u know wat dat means!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by texazzpete(m): 10:30am On Aug 23, 2014
nigerianvenom:

no matter my hate for u or anyone,it will make me wish u dead,not at all.u guys are playing politics of bitteness and self hate

Abeg point to any of my posts where I've played 'politics of bitterness or self hate'.

Or any of my posts where I've 'played politics' at all since I'm in no way affiliated with any of these politic parties that are stuffed with crooks.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2014
Nigerians, tell yhur President to stop taking/drinking kaikai or ogogoro o. If not, he will end up going the way of Yar'adua
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown To Germany by BRAVO0(m): 11:17am On Aug 23, 2014
Sorry ' don't mean to offend you any way ,

is just that it not fair if u're also supporting mediocrity , every one have right to his or her opinion but as a matter of fact there are some circumstance one should be able to judge with no sentiment ' this nation is on the brink our leaders ain't care, non of them stand as good example when last do you hear of any foreign president coming to nigeria for health check up ? ? I feel together we need to start some where by moving this nation forward

nigerianvenom:

why dont u let me rest bro bravoo the champion

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

INTERNATIONAL ISIS Terrorist Who Murdered James Foley Unmasked As Special Force / Presidential Polls: Buhari To Be Served With Fresh Disqualification Note / America ; One Country, Different Standards ..... Pictures.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.